This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Kiehl's Father's Day Shoot

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kiehl's Father's Day Shoot

I think stay-at-home dads get a bad rap in the media.

We're often portrayed as forgetful, distracted, emotionally stunted parental blobs who never get it right.

And yet somehow - I loved my time as a stay-at-home dad, it literally changed my life, and I met a lot of other dads during that time that proved to me that the media portrayal is just not justified.

Sara Denny-Roth of Kiehl's and I always agreed that this special dopp kit project was a celebration of dads and their interaction with their children. In my experience, some of the smallest but most special moments that dads have with their kids is while playing at the park; so, we gathered several dads we knew and invited them to a playdate. We used the same park in the West Village that I always take my kids to - and actually, this is the place that I really learned photography whileas I shot my kids just being kids. Our only stipulation was to forget about me shooting and just focus on having fun.

Below are some of the shots from that day. I hope in these images you see the tenderness, warmth and genuine love that I felt between these families that day.
Becoming a father and the daily gift/challenge of that role is nourishment to my life. I want to thank Kiehl's for helping me promote and celebrate that joy with an even larger audience.

Comments on "Kiehl's Father's Day Shoot"

 

Blogger Eline said ... (3:31 PM) : 

This is just so cute. :)
The second is amazing!

 

Anonymous Antonia at Swedish Love Affair said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I find these photos very moving, maybe because I grew up without a father..
Thank you!

//Antonia

 

Blogger crystal said ... (3:35 PM) : 

These are so cute! Precious.

 

Blogger Kate Woods said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Absolutely beautiful shoot.

Kate

katewoodsphotography.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Hello. I have to say that your photographs are wonderful. I wouldn't assume that everyone see's things negatively. I think a lot of people think that stay at home dads are just wonderful! Who cares what others think, especially if its negative. Chill!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

j'adore! the first photo is breathtaking.

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (3:37 PM) : 

So sweet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

just love it

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:37 PM) : 

these pictures are beautiful.

 

Blogger Tuesday in Amsterdam said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Beautiful pictures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

I used to be daddy's little girl when I was growing up. Over time we drifted apart and I grew up. Sometimes I wish I still had those arms to go to.

 

Blogger Cmnestares_92 said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Soooo Cutee!!!

http://thatsmeandthecity.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous s said ... (3:46 PM) : 

WONDERFUL pics ;D



STREET STYLE: Couple Garance DORE & The SARTORIALIST
htp://magmoiselle.fr

 

Blogger Sootjeelina said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Wow, this is so, so beautiful and touching. I have pretty strong bound with my father, he always is so sweet to me, and he always seems so proud, and it really makes me happy

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

 

Blogger Michelle York said ... (3:48 PM) : 

So sweet..

One can feel the unconditioned love..very heartfelt.

Thanks for what you do..There isn't a day that I don't look at your blog. A highlight!
http://michelleyorkdesigns.com/

 

Anonymous Nicole Mlakar-Livingston said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Really lovely. Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Olga said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Touching!
Loved the photographs!

 

Blogger Nino Eliava said ... (3:56 PM) : 

amazing post, very touching. I'm still daddy's little girl, even though I'm already married.

http://trivialinsanity-n.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous shervinsworld said ... (3:57 PM) : 

the top pic is so sweat and beautiful! i love the passion the father has for his delicate son! very nice!!

www.shervinsworld.com

 

Blogger Amélie said ... (3:57 PM) : 

je craque!!! so sweeettttttttt bravo!!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (4:00 PM) : 

I love these photos and this project! My husband and I became parents just over a year ago and I love watching my husband and daughter together - beautiful, heart-expanding moments!

 

Blogger Paulina said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Love these photos!

http://blindpassionforfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

These pictures are so incredibly moving and so is the writing!

Stay at home dads (and mums too) are so unfarely judged, I agree! Society tends to care just about careers and success and everything glamorous and shiny, and often forgets all the rest. But, that tenderness is what really makes all the differance in the long run.

Even if every case is unique and these are very complex and personal matters, -I respect every choice-, but generally speaking I don't see the point of having children if they are going to be raised by someone else other than their own parents.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

BEAUTIFUL

Love,
May

 

Blogger Marion R. said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Wonderful pictures, it's rare to see dad and their children, we often see mothers and it was a good idea to take this pictures :) in France, it's father's day on sunday !!

 

Anonymous All Of A Sudden Life Is Amazing said ... (4:16 PM) : 

It makes me so happy to see Dads (and moms) involved in their children's lives. We need to continue to nurture the generation that is behind us.

 

Anonymous DonnafromBoulder said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Your photos inspire me every single day. The teensy fringed sandals in the third shot are killing me! Gorgeous. Thank you.

 

Blogger P said ... (4:17 PM) : 

beautiful! the shots are amazing, great dads are to be celebrated!

 

Blogger ernø said ... (4:19 PM) : 

It is so nice, very nice pictures!

 

Anonymous princessglee said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I think everybody needs both parents. I think it matters less about which parent stays home to raise the children, but it's a good idea when one parent can.

 

Blogger Évi said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Beautiful photos and thoughts! Thanks for that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 PM) : 

The last photo is so moving it made me cry! Their inner peace is absolutely beautiful.

 

Blogger Selina. said ... (4:23 PM) : 

what a beautiful photo's
you can actually feel the love!

love, selina

http://selinaderuijter.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger WalkinWardrobe said ... (4:24 PM) : 

These shot's are amazing! Absolute love the top one and the sandels on the baby in the 3rd, they are so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Great photos!
I think stay at home dads are so charming :)

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Scott,
These are lovely. Being a Dad is a lifetime job.

The other day I was in the grocery store with my husband and 25-year old son. I caught sight of them walking down the grocery aisle shoulder to shoulder, one a younger version of the other -- and was struck by how lucky they are to have each other.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Hugely inspired to keep on photographing my kids.
http://blogcreepingbeauty.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Cherisse V. said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I really appreciate that you showed different ethnicities. Families come in all colors and it was really great to see that reflected here.

 

Anonymous kate said ... (4:35 PM) : 

The lean of the second photo just kills me.

 

Anonymous Maija said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Wonderful, and a step to the right direction!

 

Blogger amelia said ... (4:36 PM) : 

i love the third baby's sandals! so chic and so cute! :)

www.fittinginn.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

what a statement these photos convey. favorite post thus far. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

This posting made me smile. I brought my daughter from the age of 2 up by myself as a single father. I always made great efforts to ensure we were both well turned out , but that lead certain people ( sadly I have to observe women)to say that I didn't look like a father let alone a single dad. Seems that looking stylish and caring for your child are considered mutually exclusive by some. Good to see these shots on your blog

 

Blogger Jason Laucht said ... (4:51 PM) : 

the 1st one is soooo sweet!!!!

 

Anonymous Bohemian Trends said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Cool n' Cute!

theBohmerian.com

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Dads are amazing.
Thank you for all you do.

http://andreas-7am.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous nadya said ... (5:04 PM) : 

i love the pics ...
this is the new man ...

 

Blogger Berto Garcia said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Hermosa recreacion de la paternidad saludos

 

Blogger The Serial Dresser said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Reading your blog is such a great way to end an exhausting day, like the one I had today.
Thank you!

 

Blogger Liz Quach said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Men and babies - sexy. Fatherhood - priceless. Thanks for posting this!

http://justquachit.com

 

Blogger Katie said ... (5:13 PM) : 

I love this.
The top photo is stunning and so happy - you've really caputured the love in it.

Katie
www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (5:17 PM) : 

These are so cute!...my dear scott you are a genius

 

Blogger jaszmijesmukwijne said ... (5:18 PM) : 

this is amazing
thank you for this post
also, love the photographs

 

Blogger treetopbirdy said ... (5:22 PM) : 

I've never gotten tears in my eyes from one of your posts before...but my wonderful husband and precious, 20 month old son are away for 3 days and I didn't sleep at all last night because I could feel where they weren't. I am wildly proud of what a good daddy my husband is. It is one of the greatest blessings of my life.
And, in this case, your words are as beautiful as your pictures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Beautiful people:)

 

Anonymous carole said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Just FABULOUS !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Absolutely beautiful! It is wonderful to see a positive reflection of the father and child relationship. Thanks for your portrayal. May it continue to grow!

 

Anonymous monsacbyme said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Sooooo greaaaaat dad ! sooooo good shoot !!

http://monsacbyme.com

 

Blogger Nate Villanueva said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Gosh, this post makes me wanna quit my job and be a stay at home dad. Such an inspiring post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

These moving photos are the perfect way to celebrate dads. Too often their contributions go unnoticed.

 

Anonymous Stacey said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Beautiful, I don't usually comment here but this touched me in the "yeah I'm a parent now and certain things just get to me" sort of way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I was fortunate to become a stay-at-home dad in 1978. I wouldn't have changed a thing... Thanks for this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Great work catching the precious tenderness that lives between children and their dads. It melts our hearts and is worth more than gold.

 

Blogger life is happy most of the time. said ... (6:28 PM) : 

this is one of the most beautiful posts! i love papas! xx

 

Anonymous lkairos said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Bravo! Beautiful photos, and I think it is so important that we SEE dads with their kids. Stay-at-home parents, whether dads of moms, contribute so much to our society and future, and gain so much love and bonding in the process. These photos represent that so well!

And, yes, so nice to see say at home parents looking well groomed and stylish- unlike the usual grubby sweatpant stereotype. Thanks, Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Yes indeed, I do see the "tenderness, warmth, and genuine love" in these photos. They're truly beautiful.

 

Blogger Spokey said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Too Cute!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

<3 <3 <3 :)

 

Blogger My Fashion Bug said ... (6:59 PM) : 

love it!

 

Blogger Marcel Da Chump said ... (7:01 PM) : 

As long as a child is raised in a loving home...

 

Anonymous Carole (NY etc.) said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Being a stay at home mum is not very socially rewarding either (it is in many other fields too), but people (sometimes incl. husband friends and family), think you are lazy, that you do nothing during the day. My days as a stay at home mum were so full I was exhausted like never at night. Still, I never got to make working people believe me. Working is easy...
Cute pics.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (7:03 PM) : 

I love this ad campaign because it has real men that have flaws and are all the more appealing for them. I hate the photo shoots with obvious male model dads and their airbrushed stunning "children". More bald, fat, scrawny, old, unfashionable dads, please! As long as they are full of love.

 

Blogger Anne said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Yes you achieved what you set out to create, these are beautiful photos.

 

Blogger Helgaburdina said ... (7:16 PM) : 

So beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Fantatisco! Mi piace molto il suo blog! Grazie millie per consì bravo lavoro. Filippo di Hong Kong.

 

Blogger Purse & Co said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Beautiful, sweet shoot. Thanks

http://www.purseandco.com

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (8:00 PM) : 

I am in love with these images. They are so wonderful and so empowering.

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Annushka said ... (8:04 PM) : 

it is a miracle, sweet and wonderful kids))
bravo!
xxx

 

Blogger Wonsun Sunny Park said ... (8:08 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Wonsun Sunny Park said ... (8:09 PM) : 

I LOVE these pictures.
They are SO warm.
Now, I miss my dad! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

stunning pics!!! love this.

 

Blogger jackie said ... (8:31 PM) : 

beautiful pictures and post! happy father's day :)

 

Blogger Em said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Great photos, such adorable moments

http://www.fashionhacks.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Soleil St. Fleur said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Seeing these images is a wonderful reminder of the importance of a parent/child relationship, in this case dads. The tenderness, warmth and genuine love came through, no question. That said, Happy Father's Day Scott & ALL the great dads out there! xx from Soleil

http://sharpthreads.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Jenny said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Such beautiful sentiments in these photos! My husband works from home so he is quite like a stay-at-home dad. Happy Father's Day!

 

Blogger Notes From ABroad said ... (9:33 PM) : 

Oh ... these are so sweet.

 

Blogger R. Grace said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Oh I love this post - my dad isn't stay-at-home but he takes every other tuesday off to have specific time with us kids. Worth more than all of those days at the office combined.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

I really love this post. I particularly like the last photo, as it reminded me of a similar one taken of my dad and me when I was 3. He's not a stay-at-home dad, but whenever he's home, I don't mind that he's away for work for long periods because he always has the time for his family.

Thanks for this and Happy Father's Day in advance to you, Mr Sartorialist. :)


-- Miel, Philippines

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

So true about the park and playing outside! When we became teenagers my dad used to say 'I liked you guys better when you were little...we used to go on bike rides.' He was great at playing outside.

 

Blogger Up Heart Meant said ... (10:14 PM) : 

That first photo is just darling!

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (10:16 PM) : 

My dad was a stay at home dad and I had a fantastic childhood. We went to the park with the dog nearly every day. Played catch and played guitar (well I more listened) and through out the day we had great food and fun.

I Love you Dad

 

Blogger Copper Etiquette said ... (10:17 PM) : 

OMG I LOVE THIS. STAYING AT HOME IS A HARD JOB SO WHETHER DAD OR MOM I COMMEND THEM.
Copper Etiquette Always Appropriate Shop Dresses

 

Blogger SAMANTHA said ... (10:24 PM) : 

This is such an amazing post - you are so correct. So inspirational and I want to show my dad this post of yours :)


www.dragonnfruit.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

Beautiful shots of caring fathers. Parenting in general is often seen as a non-worthy career choice. Lucky kids who have a parent who considers them a worthy choice!

 

Anonymous Pooja said ... (10:43 PM) : 

SO REAL. Love it!

 

Blogger Madeleine said ... (11:00 PM) : 

This is actually really beautiful.
My dad's a stay-at-home dad, and he has been almost all my life.
It's not often that a photo will touch my heart, but these did.
Thank you.

 

Blogger crshia said ... (11:25 PM) : 

what wonderful, wonderful photos! It didn't strike me until I saw them on your page, how very little we see these kinds of shots in the media in general. Thank you so much for capturing such beautiful souls.

 

Anonymous nicolee said ... (12:33 AM) : 

I think stay-at-home anything gets a bad rap. If you've ever done the stay-at-home thing, you know it's not easy. I've kind of wondered about dads who stay home, wondered how they felt, if they felt stigmatized or lonely as it's easy to meet other moms at the park but the dynamics must be different for dads.

Anyhoo, this reminds me of a post on Mighty Girl about favorite childhood memories. It struck me because a lot of them mentioned time with dad. I think they're quite moving (like your photos):
http://mightygirl.com/2011/05/10/more-of-your-childhood-memories/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

lovely, really amazing photos -- the connection men have with their kids is one of the most beautiful things ever. and so sweetly photographed

 

Blogger PiXie said ... (1:12 AM) : 

They're beautiful!
Happy father's day to all daddies this weekend!

 

Blogger japanika said ... (1:50 AM) : 

super cool! thanks

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (1:58 AM) : 

Scott...this has to be one of my HANDS DOWN FAVORITE Picture post!

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2011/06/wanna-get-away.html

 

Anonymous Johanna said ... (2:28 AM) : 

I love the whole post. The photos are so gorgeous, real and warm they brought a tear to my eye. What you write about fathers is so right too. I wish more dads would have guts to do what essentially is the best thing in the world -taking care of your children, every day.
Happy Father's Day, you clearly are a good one!

http://auntiestreasurechest.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Boriana said ... (2:30 AM) : 

Incredible work! I felt warm! Thank you!

 

Anonymous KatyE. said ... (2:31 AM) : 

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!!!!! THE IMPORTANCE OF FATHERS!!!!! Through these photos, I can see the love between the fathers and children! Very moving and I thank you!!

 

Blogger oslolook said ... (2:32 AM) : 

To the extent that a the bonds between a Father and Child are strenghtened, so does the world become a safer and more loving place. Fatherly love is so much more important than anyone can ever imagine. The intimacy and wisdom a Father imparts to a child makes all the difference in how a child sees themselves and how they interact with the world they live in. Love your child and love the world.
Hug your children today Fathers, and never let go,..... http://oslolook.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Aww inducing photos, Scott! Advance Happy Father's Day!

 

Blogger Sihem Bioud said ... (2:41 AM) : 

I love this post :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 AM) : 

The pictures are wonderful. And I just realized that we are so used to see pictures of moms and kids, but photographs of fathers with children are not so common. Great idea! Thanks so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 AM) : 

I really like these photos, kinda liberating, that they are not about fashion.. my fav. is the first one, father and daughter don't pose, it's love what you see. very touching shot!

 

Anonymous This is Belgium said ... (3:09 AM) : 

It's amazing what memories pictures like this bring back !
Happy Fathers day to you Sartorialist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 AM) : 

My dad retired n stays at home n he takes lovely care of us ... these me r truly adorable

 

Blogger Saiparn said ... (3:16 AM) : 

heart-warming photos

http://dreamydaybook.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (3:17 AM) : 

"I hope in these images you see the tenderness, warmth and genuine love that I felt between these families that day."
Yes, I can feel them. And I smile when reading this post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 AM) : 

adorable kids! i really love these pictures. so cute

x marije

 

Blogger Recycle Boutique said ... (3:30 AM) : 

beautiful photography!

 

Blogger alessandra nitti said ... (3:49 AM) : 

so sweet!!!!!!! love all <3

http://wonderfashionista.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger † Faire La Gueule † said ... (3:53 AM) : 

AWWWWWWWW FIRST SHOOT IS PURE CUTENESS!!

 

Anonymous Amy Creyer said ... (4:12 AM) : 

My father was a stay-at-home dad for my entire childhood. Thank you for bringing attention to such an under-appreciated and completely deserving group of men, and for sharing your experience.

 

Blogger The snap style said ... (4:13 AM) : 

Awesome shots that will melt everyone's heart :)

http://onthestreetofflorence.blogspot.com/2011/06/pitti-uomo-80-florence-street-shots-day.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 AM) : 

beautiful post

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Oh! IT IS VERY TENDER PICTURE! IT IS HIGH DEGREE OF BEAUTY AND ATTITUDE!!!

 

Blogger Wikiheather said ... (5:01 AM) : 

the pics are beautiful, the idea is simply brilliant. The relationship between daddies and kids is still so misterious...in Italy we continue to prise the mummy-kid-relationship, a stay-at-home dad is today unfortunately difficult to find. really lovely ;)

 

Blogger Agni said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Dear Mr Sartorialist! Your pictures are wonderful, but what you wrote about fatherhood is even more wonderful. My 3 years old son is so lucky, coz his daddy is always for him, esp. lately my toddler spent 3 nights in the hospital and it was father who took care of him in the night. Thanks to all wise fathers!!!!

 

Blogger The Girl Next Door said ... (5:32 AM) : 

wow. this is amazingly beautiful!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (5:38 AM) : 

The pictures are indeed very nice.

I fully agree that there is an issue with how fathers (not only stay-at-home dads) are portrayed. My experience is that very few dads get it all right, very few dads get it all wrong, the immense majority (99%?) get it right on some things, wrong on others, right some time, wrong other times, right with one kid, wrong with another kid (& vice versa).

Isn't that the fate of most parents? Every kid is different. Even acting exactly in the same way with each of your children, you won't be the same dad or mum to all your children. I *guess* this is the difficult part, yet the great thing about being a parent.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Anonymous Conni, Denmark said ... (5:39 AM) : 

Great pictures and great theme. I think especially the last picture is so cool; this laid back, bohemian touch from daddys hair and outfit and the childs cute sandals - they look, as if daddy will never let any of them get stressed - luv it :-)

 

Blogger agnes said ... (5:55 AM) : 

magnifique.....les photos sont superbes

 

Anonymous Natasha said ... (6:01 AM) : 

These pictures are so beautiful, you can really sense that loving bond between father and child

 

Blogger Kerold och Carolinas reflektioner said ... (6:14 AM) : 

I love all of the pictures but especially the first one, you really captured the moment.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:55 AM) : 

this is sooo sweet!

www.whatisaboytodo.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous antique engagement rings said ... (7:10 AM) : 

Happy Fathers day to everyone!

 

Blogger Louis said ... (7:23 AM) : 

These are jus beautiful
I wish I know what my dad looks like

 

Anonymous BeLighter said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Totally adorable and sweet! There's something touching, about a man with a baby in his arms, don't know why...

 

Blogger katerina said ... (7:33 AM) : 

that's amazing!!!

http://katerinascloset.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 AM) : 

I like the three of them, but the second one, the man with the boy, is superb. You rarely see men being tender to children that are the age of this boy. This is one of your best posts, really touching. Congratulations from a working mother.

 

Anonymous Megan Abigail Chandler said ... (8:11 AM) : 

This is nothing short of beautiful. Happy Father's day.

 

Anonymous Ana Docampo said ... (8:17 AM) : 

So cute!!

 

Blogger Marianne said ... (8:41 AM) : 

A little misty eyed looking at these beautiful photos. Stay at home dads are just like stay at home moms - they hold down the fort and keep it all together. I admire stay at home dads it takes a lot of inner confidence to do something against the norm. Which is what I see in these photos - men who truly know who they are.

 

Blogger Anya said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Sooo cute!
Great pictures!

 

Blogger BusiChic said ... (9:03 AM) : 

what a beautiful memento for the families involved- beautiful work Scott.

 

Blogger Bernd said ... (9:09 AM) : 

these photos are really touching. great job and excellent photography that speaks

http://noblebrands4less.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Caradiaz said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Very natural fatherly love shots. Love them all.

 

Anonymous Edit by Lauren said ... (9:14 AM) : 

These pictures literally brought a tear to my eye! So beautiful and touching!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I will miss my Dad this Father's Day, he passed away a couple years ago at age 92. These are wonderful photos, I especially like the last one.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (10:00 AM) : 

There is probably nothing that makes me happier than seeing a happy dad interact with his child. These photos are wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Thanks so much! These are wonderful! And the whole idea behind the project is very, very touching.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

MORE!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Comments from someone like you on stay-at-home dads are very important. The more people talk and read about the more it will get 'common'. And, thank you for your wonderful blog.
Adele

 

Blogger isabelle said ... (10:21 AM) : 

awesome photos!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

love them!
amazing!
Bea

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

So inspiring. Real men, what can be better than that. Sigh:)

 

Blogger Project Curve said ... (10:36 AM) : 

amazing photos..my parents were mostly absent as i grew up in a conflicted household..these are precios moments.

http://flysongbird.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/debi_songbird

 

Blogger Sara said ... (10:41 AM) : 

What I love is that you can really see the similarities between father and child. And the toddler sandals are priceless.

onlywhenyoure17.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (10:47 AM) : 

sooooooooooooo cute !!!!1









http://sophiainfashionland.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

need the cuteness on this warm sticky day in NYC. Thanks.

 

Blogger tea said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I love those little shoes on the little one in the last photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

fantastic :)


Visit: http://pedrogarfo.tumblr.com/

Mens fashion blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Wow. I love these photos. The tender strength of a father is so precious.

 

Anonymous susan said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I just can't help coming over and over again to the site to see the first picture. Sooo cute :)The smile of the father, the look of the baby...perfect summertime moment

 

Blogger Collections said ... (12:07 PM) : 

This is a wonderful post. I think it's very noble that some men choose to be stay at home dads. Being a stay at home parent is one of the hardest jobs especially when children are young.

I love my dad very much so in honor of that Happy Almost Fathers Day to everyone out there. Loved these photographs.

Fashionable Collections

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I use this a lot, especially on your site, but this is the essence of beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing your insight and appreciation on the topic of stay at home dads. Our culture carries a lot of baggage on this issue, and oftentimes the evangelical church does not help. I recently encountered a Seattle pastor (Mark Driscoll) railing about the alleged manlessness of stay at home dads, and as a Christian, I couldn't help but offering a critique of his drivel. You can see it here if you're interested: http://is.gd/pm32On

Rock on. Love the pictures!
-C. Lambeth

 

Blogger Gina A. said ... (12:42 PM) : 

My Dad is quite the character and unique in every way. Growing up I was so embarrassed of him and avoided having to introduce him as my father. As an adult I realize how special he is and how dads come in all shapes and forms. He told me he always wanted to be a "comedian in the movies" which makes sense because he's hilarious and always the life of the party.
Happy Father's Day everyone!

xx
http://hideandchic2011.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jayne Surrena said ... (12:48 PM) : 

brought tears to my eyes

 

Anonymous anjiejoon said ... (1:51 PM) : 

great shoot! and where can one buy those adorable baby moccasin sandals?

 

Anonymous IS THIS IT? models review said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Sooooo adorable... ♥

http://www.isthisitmodelsreview.com/

 

Blogger MamaWunderlich said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Beautiful photos!!!! <3 <3 <3

http://prinzessinwunderlich.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous sophie said ... (4:45 PM) : 

I see in your pictures the right moment when a child constructs his/her confidence to the world by taking love in the arms of a parent. So sweet...

ps: As a stay-at-home mother for a year, I feel that it is the "stay-at-home" (whatever the parent) that is often underestimated.

 

Blogger LaScarparossa said ... (5:10 PM) : 

All the pictures are so cute but.. The first is so.. without words.

 

Blogger GAC said ... (6:11 PM) : 

quelles merveilleuses photos de papas avec leurs enfants. bravo !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Beautiful pictures! (I especially love the last one...)

Dads rock! Mine was awesome and some days I still miss him. But he left wonderful memories...(he lived to a fine old age.) Mom and I were telling stories of him last week and ended up laughing ourselves silly!

Thanks to all the Dads out there and for all you do!

 

Anonymous Labella Luxe said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Soooo precious! Kudos to all stay at home dads!

http://www.labellaluxe.com

 

Blogger Miss Pam From T-Town said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Just lovely. Thanks you so much.

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Beautiful in every way.

 

Blogger Kimberley said ... (8:19 PM) : 

So sweet. My husband just so happens to also be a wonderful father, and it always makes me smile to see him interact with our two little ones. Love this post!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

good on you sart for promoting such a good cause, your blog really does educate!

 

Blogger C.R said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Love these! Pictures truly are so much more than words :)...

 

Blogger cebustfashion said ... (10:46 PM) : 

i love how the last pic, as a stay at home dad im feel what you mean about the media

http://cebustfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Dori said ... (11:50 PM) : 

sweet, oh so sweet!

 

Anonymous lovwekanc said ... (11:50 PM) : 

Beautiful! Thank-you for sharing these beautiful photos of love! Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily hustle and bustle that we forget to show love to the closest people in our loves. Thanks for the inspiration

 

Anonymous vness said ... (2:00 AM) : 

A lovely post, both photos and words! My husband works part-time so that we can share looking after our two young boys and I couldn't imagine it any other way. The relationship they are building is worth so much more than potential income.

 

Blogger Sabina said ... (8:32 AM) : 

What a perfect post for Father's Day. You definitely captured a lot of real emotion in these.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

that's so sweet and moving...

 

Anonymous ML said ... (10:35 AM) : 

the love in the eyes of the fathers is so moving. and the kids sandals in the 3rd picture are just precious.
;)

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (10:55 AM) : 

My sister and I were raised in large part by nannies and I always felt there were great gaps in my relationship with my parents because of it. When it came time for me to raise my kids, I felt strongly about being a full-time, at-home mom and I've never regretted it. I'm so glad to see more men taking on this role. You hear so much about how isolating and draining it is, but it doesn't have to be. Sure, no one's handing out awards and bonuses to those of us who let the career train go past while we step off to raise our kids. But those gorgeous little moments, like the ones you've captured here, are far better rewards.

 

Anonymous lu ribeiro said ... (11:32 AM) : 

love it

http://www.lurybeiro.com.br

 

Blogger Priscilla said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Thank You! Just terrific!

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (12:59 PM) : 

What a great initiative! I love this! It's adorable. So yes! I definitely feel the tenderness, warmth and genuine love in your pictures! You are a great photographer!

 

Blogger Ja Maratuech said ... (1:08 PM) : 

This blog is my favorite.
Check out mine, i mentioned you.
http://thehumanplanetx.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger First Look Love * said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Beatiful Pictures, the best is the first one!! :)
XO

 

Blogger San said ... (1:48 PM) : 

They definitely show the love in them. Great photos and words.

 

Blogger Stella said ... (3:33 PM) : 

So lovely! How do we people tend to be so sweet with children and, sometimes so mean with adults?
The last one is so fashion with that shoes!!

 

Blogger Rock'n Roll Ballerina said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Love the photos.

 

Anonymous frank said ... (5:37 PM) : 

tomorrow is my first fathers' day! my daughter vivian was born three weeks ago and i'm an artist--studio dad! the best of both worlds. nice pictures.

 

Blogger Diego DAndrea said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Lovely photos! Happy father's day for all the fathers aroud!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Thanks for this post - lovely and enlightening

 

Blogger Jordan-na said ... (7:11 PM) : 

amazingness! sometimes we lose sight of what's truly important in life, but your lovely, heartwarming photographs (especially love the one of the father wrapping his son in a towel) are beautiful reminders of the real joys of family!

thanks for sharing these!

 

Blogger francesca basso said ... (7:14 PM) : 

amazing! :) love them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 PM) : 

My brother-in-law is a stay-at-home dad to my wonderful 3yo niece. She is so well adjusted, happy, and healthy. I could not imagine her being looked after by anyone else. He is the most amazing father, most amazing parent, and I think he proves that dad's can really get it right.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting