This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Tompkins Square Park, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On the Street....Tompkins Square Park, New York

Comments on "On the Street....Tompkins Square Park, New York"

 

Anonymous mon sac by me said ... (4:38 PM) : 

saharian shirt alway so chic ! lovely man !

http://monsacbyme.com

 

Blogger GINGER FASHION MONSTERS said ... (4:39 PM) : 

There's definitely a bit of an explorer-look going on there...right down to the sandals!

http://www.gingerfashionmonsters.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Alexandra said ... (4:40 PM) : 

great glasses!

 

Blogger Moni said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I dont know why, but first thing that came to my mind was "Safari style" :)

 

Blogger Beatrice B. said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Can't believe these shades... wow.

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous design elements said ... (4:44 PM) : 

stylish, authentish shot!

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Clearly you can be comfortable classic at any age. Beautiful shot!







www.fashionsmind.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Romano. said ... (4:51 PM) : 

I can tolerate anything but sandals with socks.
I´m sorry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

This photo was a lovely surprise!

 

Blogger linda said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Nice photo. A man is very chic I think.

 

Blogger Nomad said ... (4:55 PM) : 

LOVE!!!!! Love that you post this kid of off beat stuff! There is SO much beauty in this world!

 

Blogger Marcel Da Chump said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Guayavera shirted coolness--
shine on, K.C!

 

Anonymous balthasar said ... (4:59 PM) : 

give him some proper shoes and his outfit would be immaculate!

VISIT:

http://maisonbalthasar.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I love men in guayaberas.

 

Blogger GS said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Would in no way be surprised if that's a wafer thin gold Patek on his wrist. Uber cool eyewear!

 

Anonymous Elisabeth - Everything's Better with Frosting said ... (5:04 PM) : 

LOVE it! Man, I hope I retain my sense of style when I'm older.

 

Anonymous steve said ... (5:05 PM) : 

what is that hanging from cat daddy's neck? he is dressed for anything that comes his way!

 

Blogger Aditi said ... (5:06 PM) : 

love his glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Love it. If you hadn't told us Tompkins Sq Park, I would've guessed a cigar factory in the Dominican Republic.

 

Blogger cebustfashion said ... (5:07 PM) : 

he reminds of my Granpa Frank who just died on my birthday may 22.
nice shot!

http://cebustfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger mosaicology said ... (5:15 PM) : 

safari time.bravo,interesting gentleman

 

Anonymous i am not a celebrity said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Grandpa chic. Delish. :)

 

Anonymous The Bohmerian said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Fun hat and I really like the gold watch and ring in it all!

theBohmerian.com

 

Blogger *sunday* said ... (5:28 PM) : 

rocking the hat and he knows it! great photo

stateofsunday.com

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I guess this follows from the old-fashioned pictures? Nice attire. Reminds me of my time in the boy scouts.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Now why does this look good to me now yet would not have in its heyday of the 70s...hmmm...off to ponder....

 

Blogger Nina said ... (5:33 PM) : 

So cuuute !

 

Blogger TruetoTrend said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I love leather sandals! Great to see such style with age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

No matter how old you are,I think the style never dies! www.aidaenlasciudades.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FeedYourBoss Jessica said ... (5:46 PM) : 

There's nothing sweeter than the style of an old man, with or without sandals and socks.

 

Blogger beesandbugs said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Nice photo!
Love the colors, and his look brings a feeling of relax :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

popping style

 

Anonymous Aliza said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Wow this guy is great! He reminds me of my grandpa except a lot classier. Who said you can't wear sandals and socks, again? Cuz that person should take a look at this gentleman.

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (6:06 PM) : 

awesome

xoxo,
F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Is that a crystal necklace?! This is exactly the kind of aged gentleman I hope to be!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Anywhere he decides to be, he will have an adventure!

 

Blogger wj said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I love the attitude of the man

 

Anonymous Ada said ... (6:14 PM) : 

What I like about your pics is that they show normal people with great attitudes.
Well done!

Irony about fashion in my blog today:

http://crisisdearmario.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous HOT + COOL said ... (6:20 PM) : 

These two photos represent an iconic generation long since passed. KC Rowland's style and Clair with her vintage dress that is the sexiest pic I've seen you post thus far.

 

Anonymous carole said ... (6:24 PM) : 

Isn't he just the coolest dude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I like his carey glasses. He is probably happy thru those lens.

 

Blogger Roser Lou said ... (6:32 PM) : 

How cuteeeeeeee!!! I love the ring on his left hand!!! ;)

I'm going to be on your Barcelona's Masterclasson Tuesdayyyyy!! and I'm so happy!

Besossss from BARCELONA!

http://demodayaloloco.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Andrew So said ... (6:40 PM) : 

The jewelry and slight scowl give him a BrickTop kinda feel...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Is he wearing two watches?

 

Anonymous Bob Hanson said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I like sandals and socks, dammit. Comfortable as hell and a proper FU to lazy style writers who slap this on lists of apparent faux pas year in, year out.

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (7:08 PM) : 

Got to love socks with sandals

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (7:29 PM) : 

the socks and sandals make me chuckle. Overall I like his entire look, especially his glasses and hat

 

Blogger Cynthia Fox-Giddens said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Cool look from head to toe. I dig the fedora hat!

 

Blogger Peeke said ... (7:54 PM) : 

This picture made me smile. My dad wore that same hat. It is one of the few things of his I kept after he died. It still smells of his Marlboro Lights.

 

Blogger ash said ... (7:57 PM) : 

lovely, but i'm in agreement about the socks/sandals combo: if it's too cold to go sockless, wear shoes. or move to seattle as this unfortunate fashion statement is all too prevalent here.

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (8:28 PM) : 

I like the guy's hat, shirt, and necklace.

windowshopz.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Minus the hat and it's my dad's style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

He is amazing! Love the necklace in particular.

 

Anonymous Jake said ... (8:52 PM) : 

I wnat to get old like him..
Can I??

 

Blogger Natalie Leung said ... (9:33 PM) : 

This is awesome, reminds me of my boyfriend's great grandpa. Older men pull off the hat look perfectly.

http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Gabrielle Lemoine said ... (10:12 PM) : 

He really is an amazing character. Love the socks and sandals.

http://thevintagecampus.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous sam said ... (10:30 PM) : 

nice style , beautifull outfitt .

 

Blogger Swanny said ... (10:36 PM) : 

Hat, glasses, necklace, watch, ring and his sandals with socks! This guy has the best accessories!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

This photo brought a smile to my face and fond of my sorely missed dad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Simply fabulous!

 

Blogger Chez Carolinette said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Oh, I love cute grandpas!!! So lovely!

Chez Carolinette

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 AM) : 

are those glasses fendi? mi piace da morire!!!!

 

Blogger Luca Di Gregorio said ... (1:58 AM) : 

I don't see anything beautiful in the style of this gentleman...

 

Blogger MoandKa said ... (2:10 AM) : 

I love the way some old gentelman look..so good!

 

Blogger That's Not My Age said ... (3:10 AM) : 

That's a very smart look!

 

Blogger Isidor said ... (3:10 AM) : 

God, I love that one!

That's a man with a lot of character, and it's perfectly caught!!!

 

Anonymous Claire M. said ... (3:12 AM) : 

Groovy grandad nice outfit :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 AM) : 

He looks like he couldn't give a flying rat's nether bits about anyone else's opinion of sandals with socks. He likes them. He wears them. Any questions? He didn't think so.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

it can feel granpa's life!

 

Blogger shrink2dot said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Lookin' good, grandpa...really good!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:52 AM) : 

GORGEOUS! Safari come socks and sandals - love it!

 

Anonymous DiamondVirgin said ... (4:08 AM) : 

Ah ... Lovely picture ... Great idea to photograph older people taking care of themselves like this.

Diamondvirgin.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 AM) : 

Hahahaha socks & sandals!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 AM) : 

Love an urban safari! I didn't automatically experience feelings of warmth when I saw this though. Im being honest! Appreciating the fact that he doesn't want to blend into the crowd though : )

www.stylimerence.com x

 

Blogger Ines said ... (6:03 AM) : 

come to Lisbon, Portugal, all 70 year old dress like this, in their African expat uniform!

 

Blogger Bernd said ... (6:39 AM) : 

what a classy look at that age!

http://noblebrands4less.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Irene said ... (7:05 AM) : 

what a gentleman

 

Blogger Michelle Lee said ... (7:23 AM) : 

love grandparents look alays :)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Agni said ... (7:48 AM) : 

All his appearance reminds me forties in Havana....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Aaah, he looks immaculate I can actually smell a beautiful aftershave scent drifting from the photo.

 

Blogger Joys O. said ... (8:20 AM) : 

love when I see grandpas with game!:)) haha













http://triballane.blogspot.com/
http://triballane.blogspot.com/
http://triballane.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Love the utility and comfort of his outfit. Pockets for his reading glasses and wallet. And Crystal Power to enhance his mojo out there in the concrete jungle.

 

Blogger Copper Etiquette said ... (9:18 AM) : 

He has great style. Great Dress Give Away At CopperEtiquette.com

 

Blogger Porque Chile said ... (9:19 AM) : 

thanks for making me smile.... especially the socks and sandals.

 

Anonymous Madelene said ... (9:29 AM) : 

I don't understand it, mr Schuman. Why socks with sandals are true Prada?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:59 AM) : 

great as always, my dear!
greatings from germany :)
love,
lisa xx

have a look at: http://avec-passion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous SarahV said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I love his hat!!

http://leblogdecitadine.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Scott-I don't understand the "original Prada" connection here???

 

Blogger Christina Simon said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Love the hat, the shades and the sandals. I even do not mind the socks. After all, they are not white but stay within the colour range. And at his age, he is right to keep his feet comfy and warm.
This is a stylish man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

If it weren't for the giant crystal, I'd think my dear, departed Zadie (Grandpa) had come back to life.

 

Blogger THE PURSE FORUM ADVISORY said ... (2:39 PM) : 

He should move to Barcelona...where there is a love affair with the color beige.

http://www.thepurseforumadvisory.com/

 

Blogger JudyMac said ... (3:01 PM) : 

What a looker! This guy has really got it together.

 

Blogger EmmaLouPhotos said ... (3:27 PM) : 

the Sartorialist- you are the master.
Your blog includes all age.this is fantastic.
I admire you.

http://emmalouphotos.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Violet Cadburry said ... (8:57 PM) : 

Now we know where Brad Pitt got inspiration for his recent Beige ensemble -- works for Gramps but not for Brad

 

Blogger M said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Fantastic. I actually chuckled a little bit - I could stare at this photo all day.

styleflourish.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

This is so cool. Just to show that style has no age.

 

Blogger jackie said ... (5:27 PM) : 

hooray for the guayabera! :D this gentleman looks great!

 

Blogger ooo said ... (7:46 PM) : 

What a lovely picture. He reminds me of my grandpa too! I'd like to know more about him...

 

Anonymous Denise said ... (1:12 AM) : 

the cute little old man from "Up", i love it!

 

Blogger Bloggablegirl said ... (12:12 AM) : 

Style is simply timeless! Memories of my granpa...Great shot!

 

Blogger Glittering Notes said ... (4:38 AM) : 

Trés chic!

http://glitteringnotes.blogspot.com

 

Blogger lollipop4598 said ... (10:25 PM) : 

Very elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

Sandals + Socks. It reminds me German tourist coming to Italy. Unwatchable.

 

Anonymous Gerardo said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Way cool.
Make a guayabera, lose the socks, and brighten up the colors and that's me in 20 years!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I. Love. This. Man. Made my day.

www.stilistaboston.com/blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

this one reminds me of doisneau's "american tourist"- very elegant, but sweet.

 

Anonymous Pieki said ... (6:18 AM) : 

Love this look; he looks just like Saul Bloom from Oceans Eleven

 

Anonymous Shawn Moreton said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I always knew socks & sandals would make a comeback.

 

Anonymous Louise said ... (11:23 PM) : 

Old school style rules.. look how he accesorizes..

 

Blogger amelia said ... (8:38 PM) : 

who said you can't wear socks with sandals?

 

Blogger The Senoritas said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Lovely, It remind me of my father , lovely!

 

Blogger Lindsey said ... (12:37 AM) : 

the guy is the cutest. although i think he belongs on a safari.. adorable.

neusparkle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Van said ... (2:45 PM) : 

this made me smile. what a lovely photograph. and love his simple accessories. <3.

 

Blogger MmeElien said ... (2:25 PM) : 

He has to be the only person with whom socks in sandals work out lovely. :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting