This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Mott St., New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 09, 2011

On the Street....Mott St., New York

Comments on "On the Street....Mott St., New York"

 

Blogger blue roses said ... (4:33 PM) : 

"i thought i had made it extremely clear, we cannot meet like this again...."

 

Blogger GINGER FASHION MONSTERS said ... (4:33 PM) : 

I do love a beard-waistcoat combo on a man. And then there are the turned up trousers!

www.gingerfashionmonsters.blogspot.com

 

Blogger JK said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Scarf tucked into waistcoat... I tried that myself, but my friends weren't so keen on it. This guy looks alright though.

 

Blogger Chantelle said ... (4:37 PM) : 

I love that you shoot people that aren't just "fashionable/stylish" (I mean that in the best way possible) but people that really interesting!

justchantelle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (4:38 PM) : 

love!!!

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Marina :) said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I don't know why but I love this picture :)

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (4:42 PM) : 

was just there! love this fabulous look he is wearing.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/

 

Anonymous monsacbyme said ... (4:45 PM) : 

such very sexy NY guy !

http://monsacbyme.com

 

Blogger trix miami said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I love the mix color, especially white skin contrast!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 PM) : 

So this is the new hipster ey? I wouldn't mind!

 

Anonymous Edeux said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Steampunk meets A Prairie Home Companion.

 

Blogger TheMen'sSide said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Amazing!

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I like this look...and I've seen bartenders in Madison, Wisc. do a variation. It looks very 1890s meets the 21st century. I dig the tailoredness of it all.

 

Blogger Carolina Hardy said ... (5:07 PM) : 

He look simply great...!

xx

CH.

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I like the scarf tucked into the jacket

 

Anonymous Marius said ... (5:17 PM) : 

A very interesting man.I really like this photo!

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (5:19 PM) : 

hehehe he looks like a frind of mine!
so cool!

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (5:20 PM) : 

He looks like a frind of mine...so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

I expect him to break into "Little Lion Man" at any moment

 

Blogger Beatrice B. said ... (5:23 PM) : 

how cute with the scarf sneaking out under the vest... love the super old-school look <3

www.seitenstrasse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Evan said ... (5:24 PM) : 

That scarf looks very ...I dont know, Similar to one I have..Oh the Hipster's
cool shot

 

Blogger Sweet Pea (formerly Alice) said ... (5:25 PM) : 

So old-school! I love it! I wish men dressed like the everyday, everywhere!

Just a Silhouette

 

Blogger Marcel Da Chump said ... (5:26 PM) : 

He may have just been across the street at the Cafe Gitane. This photo would impress Henri Cartier-Bresson.

 

Blogger Curators of Style said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I love the turned up pants, and am dying to know what that leather strap is on his left shoulder.Not an easy look to pull off ,with the fringe of his scarf coming through, but he pulls it off. Bravo.

I also have to marvel at the beautiful lighting that you captured.
Kristin/www.curatorsofstyle.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Double RL

 

Blogger Devin said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I absolutely love the village look. Love the shoes and turned up trouser idea, I use it often.

 

Blogger Luciana Carvalho Mendes said ... (6:09 PM) : 

So epic, love it!

http://fashionviktima.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Maggie said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I believe the leather strap is leather suspenders. I too found that to be an amazing touch just peeking out at the edge of the vest. It makes the dark blue sleeves appear much richer.

 

Blogger oh look, stars! said ... (6:22 PM) : 

this man is an artist (:

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Love the casual countryside look!

Love Despite color

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:44 PM) : 

He looks like Paul Giamatti

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Old world/ New World..... Love It!!

 

Blogger Monroe Steele said ... (6:57 PM) : 

he's straight out of a time warp...love it

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

 

Anonymous Bohemian Trends said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Scarf radness! very nice.

theBohmerian

 

Blogger Jane Alisa said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Wonderful colour mixture

 

Anonymous Kristin said ... (7:31 PM) : 

A true hipster if I ever saw one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Looks like he's about to bust out a music-hall chorus of "O sole mio..."

 

Blogger eljovendario said ... (9:35 PM) : 

It seems like Mumford and Sons are a trend in fashion. I like it a lot.

Saludos,

www.eljovendario.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Clémentine said ... (10:12 PM) : 

Love this look! the bushy beard is definitely the cherry on top. and I think i see suspenders hiding somewhere under that vest?! amazing!

 

Blogger Seeley said ... (10:25 PM) : 

love the vintage feel!

fashiontypology.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Kacrates said ... (11:10 PM) : 

lol @ Sam. Paul Giamatti I see it!

 

Anonymous candleashes said ... (11:22 PM) : 

This made me smile and combined with the first comment made me laugh. pretty cool

http://www.yourarthere.com/entry/beauty-shot/

 

Blogger Luigi Alba said ... (11:50 PM) : 

This man's look reminds me of mumford & sons, which is a good thing. Very nice!

http://chronicut.blogspot.com

 

Blogger frame of mind said ... (11:56 PM) : 

nice combo of the scarf and the vest. the shoes too. cool look overall. its awesome what you can find on the street!

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (12:21 AM) : 

cute style!

 

Anonymous Céline Mademoiselle said ... (12:46 AM) : 

He looks like coming from another "époque" ;-)
I like the tight on this picture. Thanks for sharing with us Scott ;-)

xoxo from a "chasseuse de styles" in Brussels

Céline Mademoiselle

http://celinemademoiselle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger beesandbugs said ... (1:47 AM) : 

Nice shot! He looks very boho :)

 

Blogger Brian Cliff Olguin said ... (2:03 AM) : 

Neo-hipster, I guess. But i do like the details. Kind of cool tiny wrist watch.

 

Blogger Rosa Tang said ... (2:19 AM) : 

oh yes, the rolled pants.

 

Anonymous s said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Amazing loook... love this pic ;D


MUST HAVE: Blondie's Back x IRM Design http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Anonymous Eye chart said ... (3:49 AM) : 

Love the beard, the shoes, the vest, the scarf and even the pants. Overall, he looks fashionable in an odd way. :)

 

Blogger Heather Robinson said ... (4:14 AM) : 

Very fun that the other side of that wall was where the garden scene in "The Godfather" was shot. Somehow the connection between his look and that movie works beautifully.

 

Anonymous barbara said ... (4:23 AM) : 

not sure about the scarf. If the weather is warm enough for short sleeves, why wear such a wintery scarf? a scarf in a lighter fabric would have been better, i feel.

love, barbara

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 AM) : 

love everything but the cigarette!

 

Blogger TheSecretCloset said ... (6:35 AM) : 

I love rolled up trousers!!!
Follow my blog http://thesecretclosetuk.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (6:43 AM) : 

a very unique style..all his own! xx meenal

 

Anonymous steve said ... (7:50 AM) : 

The suspenders peeking out of the vest shoulder add color and along with that "lifted" pant look...so utilitarian. Everything so tucked away. Where is the bicycle?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Oh huge wall, suddenly I am longing for NYC ! Sunny Side

 

Blogger Iñaki said ... (8:21 AM) : 

Amazing!

http://www.KnowWear.co.uk

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

This dude works at the RRL store on Mott and Spring

 

Blogger Splendid Fixture said ... (9:53 AM) : 

the leather suspenders are what i love most about this look...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Interesting what's happening here with looks like these: A lot of us are backing away subtly from the freeness of modern sportswear (the hallmark of course of the last 100-200 years of menswear) and toward this scarf-up, woolen look. But it's so easy for this to feel stuffy and heavy, the opposite of sportswear. This guy pulls it off. But there's a balance here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Clearly taking his style cues from the religious Jews who used to populate that part of town.

 

Blogger Jessica Woodrum said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Those suspenders are the perfect touch. Wish more gents would wear them.

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (10:19 AM) : 

I would wear it(without the cigarette).And the wounderfull red wall behind! I love the photo.

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (11:35 AM) : 

That scarf is approaching ascot territory.

 

Anonymous James Taylor said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Let me guess: this gentleman just stepped away for a smoke during a hard day crafting artisanal bitters... I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is too much of a "look" for me. The effect is quite comical and costumey. I don't get it.

 

Anonymous jiminycrow said ... (11:39 AM) : 

FINALLY spotted by The Sartorialist! I thought this day would never come... I even took up smoking to increase my chances.

 

Blogger Cecille said ... (12:37 PM) : 

love it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I love it. Leather suspenders are great, I used to have a pair with button loops for the pant buttons. It's nicer than a belt sometimes, you can breathe. As well, love the colors here, the softness of the 'old style', compared to the jaggedness of all this color blocking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

If I were a boy I would dress like this. Brilliant.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:28 PM) : 

FINE WORK!! love this foto!! great jobbbb!

www.facebook.com/shervworld

 

Anonymous Lauren said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Charmingly old fashioned! Very interesting the way he has tucked his scarf into his vest.

The Styleseer
http://styleseer.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (5:04 PM) : 

i understand where this look is coming from.
just'Google': paul mccartney 1969.

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Ok, so I hate the smoking but I love this guy--how do I settle this within myself....

 

Blogger blue said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Love how his scarf is tucked into his vest. So unusual looking.

Très Awesome - A Chicago Street Style Blog
www.tresawesome.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

I like this! its totally my style!

 

Blogger Pokeytracy said ... (1:47 PM) : 

vintage yummy steampunnk fabu hipster.

 

Anonymous Joseph said ... (3:39 PM) : 

WHAT FUN! he's so other worldly.
there looks like there could be an entire story attached to this look.

 

Blogger the gardener's cottage said ... (6:32 PM) : 

rrl all the way baby. excellent.

 

Blogger jackie said ... (10:46 PM) : 

very charming. looks kinda vintage-ish newsboy-eee like... mmhm.

 

Anonymous Meggy Delton said ... (4:15 AM) : 

This guy looks like Jeremy Piven from Entourage!

A very European style.

 

Blogger Stella said ... (8:35 AM) : 

The look is a bit too contrived for me. May be its the mobile phone that's ruining it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Cool outfit. Cooler beard!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Where's his fiddle?

 

Anonymous Bill said ... (6:20 PM) : 

So artistic.

 

Blogger Valentina said ... (4:50 AM) : 

very interesting look, i am going to New York next week i hope to see Such inspiring people!

Valentina

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:16 AM) : 

one of my favorite streets in NYC

 

Anonymous Bianca said ... (4:41 PM) : 

This guy looks like he's on a set filming a period drama! Wonder if he would dress like that in real life?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I love it, thi man is a genius !!!

denimh24.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

that wall has been photographed by you a thousand times~but I did see a lot of well dressed people around nolita when I was living there 10 years ago. I see it's still where the stylish people hang out...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Spotted this guy a mile away. RRL is where it's at.

 

Anonymous Tatia said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Please marry me? Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Why do attractive men hid behind chunky beards??

 

Anonymous Ava said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I love the 18th century inspired styles that are emerging. I call this "21st century gentleman" He just needs a bowler hat to finish off the look!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting