This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

My Cleverley Cordovan Shoes in Progress

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Cleverley Cordovan Shoes in Progress

My personal last sitting on top of the fitting sketch.

George from Cleverley sent me these snapshots of my cordovan shoes in progress.

I'm both excited and nervous about having them finished. The design process is a lot like making a photograph - technically, it's not that difficult - however, does the finished image/product convey what you originally envisioned?

I want these shoes to look great with grey flannels but also dark navy denim. The more I think about it, the success will lie in the sole of the shoe (wow, that's kind of a play on words). If the sole is too thin and refined it will miss the ruggedness that is a hallmark of cordovan. If the sole is too thick and clunky (which is currently the trend) it will miss the whole reason for creating my own vision. Even though the process is more than halfway done, it seems the most tricky decisions are yet to be made.

I'll keep you posted.

The cordovan leather specially ordered for this pair of shoes. I was nervous about finding the perfect color, but we were able to nail it.

Comments on "My Cleverley Cordovan Shoes in Progress"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Wow! How special to have custom made/designed shoes. I'm excited to see the completed process.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Wow, what an opportunity. I hope the result is even better than you imagined.

 

Blogger Milica said ... (3:44 PM) : 

So cool! Can't wait for more photos!

www.modeuncover.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Interesting... Do show when done!

 

Anonymous s said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Woooooow great project... ;D



FASHION ICON: Amanda BROOKS http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Anonymous design elements said ... (3:58 PM) : 

cool!

 

Anonymous SarahV said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Wow.. Designing a shoe would be a dream come true for me!

http://leblogdecitadine.wordpress.com/

 

Blogger Louise said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I can't wait to see the finished product!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

your vision transcends the current crop of designers...and superstar photographers. you truly are a master of all trades....keep it up, you bloody little genius!

 

Blogger Project Curve said ... (4:30 PM) : 

while reading this i felt somewhat same as what i felt that priyanka chopra was going to be the 1st indian actress to get her cutom made ferragamo's.
http://flysongbird.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Where are these being created? and if you wouldn't mind sharing, how much does this cost both in time and money? I would love to have a pair made for me so I'm very curious.

 

Blogger Sabina said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Why so much worry? It seems like shoes in this shape would go great with just about any kind of pants. You'll love'em.

http://mystylecanvas.com

 

Blogger gia said ... (4:55 PM) : 

what fun!! I'm sure you will rock em.

 

Anonymous The Bohmerian said ... (4:58 PM) : 

That is so exciting.

theBohmerian.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

love love love

love m.
acupofm.blogspot.com
Keep in touch

 

Blogger Christina said ... (5:01 PM) : 

My husband's dream is to have his own cordovan shoes made. For now, he'll have to stick to his Alden's.

Good luck!

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Scott speaking as An English guy who has been wearing cordovan's for longer than I remember I am so pleased to hear about your shoe's sole. the current trend for thick chunky soles really is unfortunate.

 

Blogger Halktan Biri said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I love it.
http://prisonerofashion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jg. for FatScribe said ... (5:38 PM) : 

great color, man. i've had my pair 15 years, and re-soled once. love 'em. good luck on yours, Scott.

Jg.

 

Blogger Gina said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I am sure that it is going to be perfect! ;) Like your blog! Kisses,
Gina from
thetaleofadress.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Fashionthroughtravel said ... (5:55 PM) : 

The color you picked is great! I can't wait to see the end result!!

fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Foolish Aesthete said ... (7:13 PM) : 

There is something so liberating and nerve-wracking with a custom creation. I hear you when you wonder if your vision will become realized! Good luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I'll be eagerly following your progress with this project and will be enjoying it by proxy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Cordovan is the best color for shoes. It is elegant, versatile, and comes in a spectrum of beautiful shades. Please take a closeup of the leather.

 

Blogger ART TECH STRUCT said ... (11:48 PM) : 

WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A PAIR.

 

Anonymous Bgo said ... (4:01 AM) : 

Amazing! My boyfriend loves to have one of those shoes...

http://laventanadegogo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 AM) : 

which model do you choose?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:36 AM) : 

That is so cool and super oldschool! Can't wait to see your new shoes!

Love Despite color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

I can't believe that getting a pair of shoes generates such excitement - soooo many more important things in life!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

O.K., the question we're all afraid to ask (or maybe you're not willing to post) is, "How much?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Keep posting! This deeply interesting. A client that knows what he wants + great artisans + an exiting project.

Thanks

 

Blogger Drew said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Horween leather rocks!

 

Anonymous princessglee said ... (5:08 PM) : 

You're sure to love them when they're done and you're sure to improve them for the next pair.

 

Blogger Tommy V. said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Am I seeing that right? You went with color #4? I think you made the right choice. It is beautiful in person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

I think I would have played around with some ready-made Aldens before jumping in to custom design. But I give you credit for knowing what you want. And you're a lot braver than I.

 

Anonymous Rachael said ... (12:54 AM) : 

That's really great and i see that needs enormous talent like that!

 

Blogger philou. said ... (9:49 AM) : 

looking forward to the result. i'm planning to have made some bespoke shoes for the next winter, but for know i still enjoy my rtw edward greens :-)


www.suitorial.blogspot.com <- online shop coming soon!

 

Blogger Aminah said ... (12:47 PM) : 

The color of that leather is exquisite!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

I love this! Does every customer get sent pictures of their shoes in progress?

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (5:47 AM) : 

well, if he makes shoes as well as you take pictures, you have nothing to worry about ;). I think it's kind of cool too that your get your own personalized shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 PM) : 

Some of my Alden's are made out of cordovan (horse leather) and the soles are thicker compared to calfskins. Isn't in the nature of cordovan shoes to be chunkier?

 

Blogger MFP said ... (11:29 PM) : 

that's awesome! hope the shoes are better than expected!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

can't wait to see the finished product... Dude, you are an inspiration!!

 

Blogger Wang's Factory said ... (7:45 AM) : 

oooh~ This looks very interesting, how fun!

www.wangsfactory.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Oliver said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I just invested in some Alden Cordovan Oxffords and I love them. I'm really interested to see your design.

 

Blogger Heather Feemster said ... (2:40 AM) : 

How fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

oh wow what an opportunity to slaughter someone! and for such nice shoes! definitely jealous....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

..."a lot like making a photograph - technically, it's not that difficult"

That's a dangerous statement my friend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Yawn...Zzzz

 

Blogger Ahmet Baytar said ... (1:44 PM) : 

That's not an easy job to do.

ahmetbaytar.com

Cheers!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting