This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Black Frame Shades, New York, Milan & Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

On the Street.....Black Frame Shades, New York, Milan & Paris

Garance wears Ray Ban Wayfarers (these), I have a similar style from Oliver Peoples (these), and it seems everyone at the shows was wearing some type of "Wayfarer-esque" heavy, black frame shades.


Comments on "On the Street.....Black Frame Shades, New York, Milan & Paris"

 

Blogger thwany said ... (9:28 AM) : 

love it.

 

Blogger heloisa andrade said ... (9:28 AM) : 

fotos maravilhosas!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Amazing photos! I love it!

 

Blogger NotAppealing said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love your photos of Garance.

 

Blogger Inspiration exists said ... (9:33 AM) : 

The Wayferer has such a perfect shape that suits almost all people face types and is relevant to different style concepts. Great selection!

www.inspirationofshhh.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Anita Puksic said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Hah, how funny! You all definetely felt so connected ;)

I like this type of sunglasses.

Peace and love!

 

Blogger Allie said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Love these pics, as usual. The belted herringbone coat is fabulous! The second shot of that very stylish couple is great too... love his use of the tie! That fur coat in the next shot is to die for... can I borrow that? Kanye and friend look very dashing in their matching shades too!
www.skylarkmanor.com

 

Blogger alessandra nitti said ... (9:34 AM) : 

completely in love with the second one! it's so WOW!


xoxo Wonderfashionista

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

kanye, say cheese! lol.

*great pictures, wayfarer-esque sunglasses are a staple of 60's/70's style. and a wardrobe investment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Black frames (Wayfarers) are a trend that falls into the classic category. Sophisticates any outfit and Garance looks fantastic (as always).
PS. Why not check out Toronto or Montreal (for a change).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Waoooouh Garance is sooooo beautiful (the red wall, the coat style) and the asian couple too ! it makes my haeart happy ! Holy man you are to be with her ! Sunny Side

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

kanye, say cheese! lol

*great fotos btw. wayfarer-esque sunglasses are a wardrobe staple. plus it keeps sleepy eyes away from the paps. classic and a great investment.

Sartorialist, what do you think about the aviators frames with the hue-mirror lenses? good trend or not so good one.

 

Anonymous fashion blog said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Love the tortoise wayfarers and really just the whole ensemble on the girl with the fur coat.

Amaaazing! And of course I <3 Garance!

www.citizette.com

 

Blogger Selina. said ... (9:44 AM) : 

stylish people!

 

Anonymous Oké! said ... (9:48 AM) : 

The Oliver People ones look way more clubmaster-like than wayfareresque!!!
...Ray Ban Clubmasters > Wayfarer

Imo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

All so professionally done! I love the top picture for some reason, she's so happy and full of life.

www.gypsyavenue.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MONICA SORS said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Beautiful! Garance is amazing and Christine Centenera is always perfect...!

 

Blogger jackie said ... (9:50 AM) : 

great pictures! and best way to start- with garance and her smile! i love her!!! you should include some pics of yourself like you used to! we'd love to see your style too!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (9:52 AM) : 

I had a (correting) pair of those! So silly of me to lose or misplace them. I guess I'll find them either when they are no longer in fashion or when I have another pair done (in short: when they become useless!)

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I've been wearing RayBan Wayfarer non-stop from age 18 to age 30 (I'm italian, when I say non-stop I mean I put my sun glasses on just outside the door even in full winter if there's the smallest beam of light). I needed some rest (10 years). Last winter I started feeling a new desire of wayfarer, I knew they were going to revival!!!!
Vale-ria

 

Anonymous Fashion & Love said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Awesome sunglasses... Why the fellow Kanye West look so unhappy? Cheer up man cos you are rich and famous so put a smile on that face.


Thanks for the post,

http://modaeamor0.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

kanye look sad

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (10:00 AM) : 

That asian couple are the coolest I ever seen!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

awesome photos!
xxx
Catflicks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Love this photos!

Besos desde ♥ La ropa me vuelve loca!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Kanye is wearing the same glasses as I do, from YSL.

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I need a pair!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous india said ... (10:08 AM) : 

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

would love for you to come and see my new blog, the life of a model....

www.indiasinsight.com

 

Blogger Cybee said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Love these specs. Sun protection with the cool factor.

 

Blogger CINCHED AT THE WAIST said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Garance is perfectly cinched, stunning.

-Annina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Yes, its out the for sure
You really nailed the trend this time.
Well done.
Whatever next?
TS

 

Anonymous melanie said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I personally love Ray-Bans. They give you a cool edge to any outfit without making you look like a emo goth. I also admire the fact that they never go out of style.

melanie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Wayferers (as in Ray-Ban ones) aren't exactly new though Scott. What is new (and very cool) are the more rounded, tortoise shapes that have come out, like your Oliver People's pair. And I didn't know Kanye and Anna know each other! How nice!

Energie

 

Anonymous JK said ... (10:38 AM) : 

For me, the only acceptable Wayfarers are pre-1980's vintage models. This was before they added the name "Ray Ban" on them not once or twice, but in three places!

It's like wearing a billboard on your face.

 

Blogger My Unfinished Life said ... (10:41 AM) : 

wayfarers seem to be flavour of this season...must get myself a pair soon!!!
love the wayfarer in the third pic..its different!!

 

Blogger Sandy Leonard Snaps said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Oh, no. I've been wearing these for 30 years. I don't want them to be trendy. It's bad enough I had to endure the 'Blues Brothers' craze.

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I liked the first two photos best, the ones with Garance and the Japanese couple. Great shots of both,Garance has a great smile and the man in the second photo knows how to give off that cool vibe

 

Blogger fashionxxi said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Very beautiful photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Like the glasses.
Check my blog for other glasses:
http://brillenmode.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I'm agree with each word of "comme fraiche".The first two photos are my favorites and the japanese boy has something special in his outfit.

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (11:00 AM) : 

everyone looks so happy! i love it :D

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger Collections said ... (11:03 AM) : 

The fourth photo is stunning.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Where did Garance get that jacket?? I love it! Does she have the folding Wayfarers? I have a pair!

 

Anonymous Apparel Therapy said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love how you captured the wayfarer style with so many different kinds of outfits - shows the versatility! I have to say my favorite is the Asian couple - love his pants!

 

Blogger StyleToneZagreb said ... (11:09 AM) : 

All photos & frame shades & models are amazing...
x Ivana

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Garance looks great--she is clearly such a joy-filled person and you've caught that beautifully in this photo.

 

Blogger SAMANTHA said ... (11:25 AM) : 

amazing shots, I do love that style sunglass. I have a pair myself. p.s. - I love how you sneaked kanye in there! haha


xx
www.dragonnfruit.com

 

Blogger 2heels1flash said ... (11:25 AM) : 

anna always the bessssssssssssst!
nice glasses! i want all!

 

Blogger naillig said ... (11:29 AM) : 

oh my god that 4th photo with the envelope? pure glamour! i love how her bone structure and gorgeous lips totally work with the shades

and of course the all-black asians appeal to me

and i love garance's coat + shirt + kerchief combo!

the only thing is, as an asian with a low bridge and high cheekbones, i would never be able to wear these without getting marks on my cheeks and looking ridiculous when i smile

 

Anonymous lucia said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Cool pictures! Garance looks so lovely, as always! As do the couple in black. I got Ray Ban Jackie Oh, they suit me better than Wayfarers. Anna DR looks great in thar picture.
Thanks!

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (11:36 AM) : 

the pic of kanye is amazing


xoxo,
F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click HERE!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

my favorite picture is the front row gent with camel coat on lap. lovelovelove his understated with edge, mod style...
great hair beard teeth smile, wow!
ooh..strong nose too! sexy!
so much more than wafarers to admire.
do i see cuffs on the jacket?cool! subtle fold of pocket square is great as is his ear ring. this guy is so cool. please can someone tell me who he is? god he has 'it' in bucket loads!

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I have also been wearing them fir 30 years and recently got some new "old" ones: original 1950's Ray Bans. They are a little smaller and a little rounder and totally cool!

 

Anonymous FashionMagnolia said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Garance is adorable!

 

Blogger Haptic World said ... (11:48 AM) : 

LOVE the ones in the fourth picture from the top. Amazing.

http://clubevermore.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Amanda said ... (11:49 AM) : 

i love the sunglasses in the 4th pic. actually, i love everything about the 4th pic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

It's too bad that KW never smiles whenever his picture is taken; of the times that he smiled on photographs he looked hot! He looks sexier when he smiles. As usual, everyone in the photographs looks so chic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:55 AM) : 

LOVE YOU KANYEEEE!!!
http://shervinnassi.blogspot.com/2011/04/death-of-hipster.html

 

Anonymous AintFashion. butStyle said ... (12:00 PM) : 

my FaVE complete/H2t Look is def the 4th pic.. lady with Camel coat with Fur Collar?
next best is 3rd Pic, Lady with brown Fur Coat with "leopard print" wayfarers..
the WayFarers are def a Cool classic Style that is here to stay?!
http://aintfashionbutstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Great pictures..love all those sunglasses!!

 

Anonymous naomi said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Great post! I love all your post, especially when you highlight a theme - it's very cool. Wayfarers always my fav, may have something to do with that old school movie Risky Business :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:03 PM) : 

the man in 2nd picture is Bae Jung-nam, he is a famous Korean model~~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

The second shot of that very stylish guy is korean model!!
wow~!!!

 

Blogger The Fancy Teacup said ... (12:08 PM) : 

The wayfarer-esque look is super chic.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

 

Blogger b said ... (12:09 PM) : 

love those shades, especially on the asian kid, he just looked good in general.

 

Blogger pelininstyle said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Cool photos:)
Love from France:)
www.pelininstyle.com

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (12:14 PM) : 

all happy and smiling - great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Huge sunglasses in low-light read as insecure and an affectation to me. Many people seem to think that they are more attractive with huge sunglasses when I think it just makes them seem generic. Your eyes are much more interesting than big sunglasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I loved the second photo with Korean couple on it! As an owner several ray-ban sunglasses, i'm very proud of being part of today's topic :)

 

Anonymous Saskia said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Garance...Bella!!! Kayne...why so glum?

 

Blogger Plami said ... (12:32 PM) : 

FABULOUS!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I think there has been overuse of the wayfarers.
They are great sunglasses and built for infinity, it just ticks me off, looking like every kid beneath 20, once I put them on now. Hope the dazzle is not going to last for ever.
The sunglasses of the man in the 6th picture and those of the woman in the last one, next to Kanye, are way too big for their faces. They stick out on the sides, because the shape of their faces is not that wide. You should always consider that, once you choose a model for yourself, it has to stick with your face shape.

 

Blogger HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said ... (12:38 PM) : 

i think they compliment all facial shapes :)

 

Blogger GW said ... (12:39 PM) : 

What brand of sunglasses is Stefano Pilati (the gentleman sitting with the camel coat on this lap)wearing...? ME WANT!

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (12:40 PM) : 

They do look good on a lot of people! :D

 

Blogger Love LuLu said ... (12:50 PM) : 

I wish each one was individual, I love all the menswear and that womens military fur trim jacket!

www.luluadores.com

 

Blogger Alex Segall said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Great pics! I have them as specs, such a great shape

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Great pictures and great styles! I really like it when you choose a central theme and then illustrate it through several pictures.

http://fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Yielly said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I love the details you can see in the first picture: the belt tied around her open jacket, the striped shirt peeking through, the pattern in the breast pocket. (And she's a Canon girl. :D)

The second and fourth pictures are my next two favourite. Love the all black/navy ensembles, and his baggy pants/use of tie. And the back in the fourth one makes me so happy. The fact that the manila envelope just FITS with the outfit also makes me smile.

Nice shooting. :D

 

Blogger Zaczynam Odchudzanie said ... (1:09 PM) : 

First of all: Ray Ban forever :)

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Fantastic pictures and I love the different frames on these gorgeous faces.

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Lelu said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Looove it, I'm so glad I've invested in a pair of Wayfarers, too!
I can't stop looking at Anna's glasses, either. What a fabulous shape!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Nice and everything but... Now they are trendy! Why did I buy wayfarers... Aw, even GC is making an article about the Maui Jim frames I bought...

 

Blogger Denissa Hady said ... (1:21 PM) : 

the second picture is love!
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

@GW
- I think they are Persol.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Wow. best series of photographs!! Each one is stunning and captures a different character. Love it....Super cool, super chic. Garance is my favorite one, of course.

 

Blogger P N said ... (1:26 PM) : 

The last picture is cute.

And I also like the girl with the fur, so stylish

www.warsawberlin.blogpsot.com

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (1:27 PM) : 

they look good on just about anyone. I'm loving the photo with the fur and camel

 

Blogger Danielle said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Great pics! I love Wayfarers, they remind me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off! :)

x

http://yonder-wonderland.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Katherine said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Yay Garance! It always makes me happy to see her featured in your blog :)
La Petite Marmoset

 

Blogger jackie said ... (1:55 PM) : 

i love the glasses that anna dr and the girl in the fourth picture are wearing- what brand are they?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

ahhhhhh Holly Golightly...

 

Anonymous Angie said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Cool photos! How cool is it there is a red car in the background for the picture of Garance? And I could't help but notice...from the Asian couple look, isn't the guy Jung-Nam Bae, the model/actor in Korea?

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Love the couple in the second photo from the top. His ensemble is great! I've always liked fitted tops and jackets and pants with fitted waist but baggy legs. Soooo cool!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (2:10 PM) : 

the first photo is charming.
love the mix of stripe with houndstooth.
the third photo..drool.. those shoes!
the sixth photo..gent with the mustard coat in his lap..
yes..those sunglasses are the same one's i've worn for years..
persol.
the last photo..is that kanye west?
he needs a better sunglass frame..with less curve and more rectangle.

 

Blogger Cloud P. said ... (2:28 PM) : 

love girl's with a fur collar look

 

Anonymous S. said ... (2:34 PM) : 

oh garance shopped a coat a belt and a handkerchief in your closet ! :)

i love black frame shades, last ones for me please.. ^^

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:34 PM) : 

the guy in the next to last photo is SO WELL DRESSED. kudos!

 

Blogger Chaquito's mode said ... (3:08 PM) : 

love hats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

swaggin

 

Blogger Caroline Lees said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I love Wayfarers. No matter how many other pairs of sunglasses I have, I always come back to them as my go-to for any outfit.

 

Blogger GirlLouise86 said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Love it! I need to by some now! Where have I been!

 

Anonymous Wanderbuster said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I love the sleek chic Asian pair. They look Korean, he looks like a Korean actor. Was this taken while you were in Seoul?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Yep. I think I'll get aviator frames.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Thank you for the very attractive pictures...and the recognition of a trend. I am a 72 years old with a yen for fashion. I've had Ray Bans for years and many other brands, about a year ago I bought a pair of red Wayfares and while in Florence last October I bought a pair of die for Persol. I also have an old pair of Cartier tortoise (imitation :) that are in the same style; after your pictures I am happy with my possessions. Thank you for making me feel stylish

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

This is the main problem I have with fashion - people are such sheep. Someone, somewhere - these things feel as elusive as radiation carried by the wind (do they gather in some sort of cult-like secret meeting?) - decides that this style of sunglasses is it, so everyone starts wearing them regardless of whether they're actually the most flattering for their face shape.

At the shows (and on the street) I want to see diversity, not everyone looking like they belong in a secret club. For me these shades will always scream Tom Cruise in 'Risky Business. They are the eyewear equivalent of the Members Only jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Love Love Love it!
probably one of the best blogs ever:)

please follow
http://lesreveuses.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

who makes the style that the girl with the fur collar is wearing? (the one holding the papers in her hand)

 

Blogger My Savage Side said ... (3:55 PM) : 

love all the photos! the looks are awesome!!

www.mysavageside.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Jared Krauss said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I'm wondering what the desire to have these large, almost MC-Hammer-esque pants is?

Personally, I dislike them. The purpose of my clothing is to show who I am, that I take care of my body and am fit. So, I want a pant that isn't restricting and tight, but not baggy either.

Yet, I suppose that is the basis of the argument for the pants. They represent you as a person, and your personal decision to wear a pant that is tailored in just such a way.

I just wouldn't wear it.

 

Anonymous Claudia said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I think these photos reflects pure style and femininity! Love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Pure feminity and luxury is what women on top photo reflects.. I love it..

http://www.luxeis.nl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Girl in the fourth photo is Alessandra Codinha, she writes for WWD. Her sunglasses are Celine, I think?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:35 PM) : 

1st I have the same sunglasses (wayfarers) and they've proven to be the greatest pair ever! So plain, practical and all time classic!
2nd I love garance's photo!!!
3rd The shades of the girl in the third photo are so nice!

thefashionwithcurves.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

"...now go out and get yourself some thick black frames...with the glass so dark they won't even know your name..."

Who knew ZZTop were Fashionistas ? Alas, they were always Sharp Dressed Men...

...although something tells me the glasses in these photos were not "cheap sunglasses"

:)

 

Anonymous le Rêveur Inutile said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Great pictures...I particularly like the second one.Does someone know what kind of trousers do the man wear(large and high-waisted)?

 

Blogger S. Aguirre said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Is Garance wearing your coat, Scott? She looks absolutely amazing. Very nice set of photos, thanks for sharing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Legs in Furs: outstanding. And is that Joaquin Phoenix gone stylish?

 

Blogger Jane Soboleva said ... (5:36 PM) : 

very beautiful pics!))))I like it)

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (5:48 PM) : 

They seem to be THE shades for a dressier look.

 

Blogger saradowle said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Love Garance's coat and belt combination!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

These glasses are great! Do you know where i might purchase the ones Kanye and Anna are wearing?

 

Blogger Alysha said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Fur scarf chick looks like Katie Holmes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

The black sun glasses Audrey wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's is perfection!!

 

Blogger Celia said ... (7:09 PM) : 

I literally gasped when I saw the second photo of the asian couple. They just look so impossibly COOL and well-matched, it's stunning. Wow. What a perfect looking couple right there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

Maybe the trend was sparked by the 3D glasses you get a the movie theaters now... only darker lenses :)

 

Blogger Siblings said ... (8:34 PM) : 

i like 'em THICK!!!! now i want a pair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

Wayfarers have such a nice design. Unfortunately, people my age (20) tend to just get some cheap knockoffs which don't use the structure of the frame well and end up just looking chinzty. Obviously, you don't need to get Ray-Ban brand, but you need to keep in mind the purpose of wearing a sturdy frame like that. All of the pictures show perfect applications of the style.

 

Anonymous js said ... (9:15 PM) : 

Anybody know what kind of glasses the man with the red tie and holding the hat (5th picture from the top, 3rd from the bottom) is wearing?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Why did you have to post this!? now everybody's going to go out and buy wayfarers and they won't be cool anymore - just when i purchased my pair too, lol

 

Anonymous Talia said ... (9:42 PM) : 

I agree with Celia. That Asian couple is absolutely beautiful. I love his billowy pants and her cropped hair.

 

Anonymous Alexander, J said ... (10:02 PM) : 

definition of sophisticated style!

http://www.the3rdfloorstudio.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:31 PM) : 

who is the Christine girl leaning up against the window ledge? So naturally chic and gorgeous!!! she is as comfortable in it as if she had sweat pants on....pls more of her!

 

Blogger KC said ... (10:51 PM) : 

it's such a beautiful frame that complements most face shapes. i have my own as well.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

oh i love a look of the asian couple! really badass!

 

Blogger northyork said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Hello guys. that Korean couple!! one of is my friend.what a surprise. CHIC!!!!!& Fun!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I think those are the only eyeglass shape that's universally flattering on any face. I have 2 pairs of Ray Bans, the Wayfarers and the Aviators...

 

Blogger Sally I. said ... (11:17 PM) : 

I love the tied belt in the first photo! I have been trying to master the art of wearing a belt and your photos are always an inspiration to try new techniques.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 AM) : 

the sunnies ADR has on are the Celine Audreys in large, and they're meant to look oversized (they "stick out" at the sides, though the legs are quite thick and the glasses fit snugly on even a slim face). Celine Bal Harbour has a wait list a mile long, stores in NYC never got them... finally got my hands on them in Paris.

the pair Alessandra has on aren't Celines, unless they're a very old model. I can't make out the logo on the leg.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

My apologies to the Wayfarer: I've seen the Wayfarer design around sooooo much particularly over the past year or so, that I thought it must be due to go out of fashion soon. I must admit though, I hadn't noticed it around much in previous years, and I'm obviously wrong about it going out of style at the mo. The design must be having a surge of popularity, which I should've known is a natural occurance for the Classics.
Ciao, L. x x

 

Anonymous not white said ... (1:37 AM) : 

haha, this reminded me of another wayfarers post http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/12/22/130-ray-ban-wayfarers/

 

Anonymous Alice said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Love it when you post about Garance.. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

 

Anonymous HOT + COOL said ... (1:53 AM) : 

Great pic of Garance! Almost bought a pair of shades like the asian dude above...after seeing this pic I'll definitely have to get them.

 

Blogger Dom said ... (2:14 AM) : 

Love the detailed braid on the hat!

 

Blogger ilovesrags said ... (3:03 AM) : 

I always notice japanese man style - their ultracool pants, suits, the way they wear it... really cool.
girls are magnificent, but, Wayfarers are low on the list. seen 1000 times.
I.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

love this, love the shades

 

Blogger ilovesrags said ... (3:52 AM) : 

I love the way japanese/korean men wear pants, suits, combine things. ultracool.

Wayfarers are low on the list of marvelousness from this pictures...

And ladys with fur, shoes, bracelets - just beautiful...

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:17 AM) : 

wow, all these pics are incredible, great job!

www.thechilicool.com

 

Blogger Katie said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Garance and fourth picture down = so chic

 

Blogger Danish Demeanor said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Love this.

http://www.danishdemeanor.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 AM) : 

Somebody know who Alessandra Condinha 's glasses are from?

 

Blogger aga said ... (5:12 AM) : 

I am a huge fan of Garance beauty :)

 

Blogger EPW said ... (5:14 AM) : 

they look cold...

 

Anonymous Traveler's Closet said ... (5:54 AM) : 

Completely in love with the second picture. Cute couple look.
I also like the belt over coat detail on the second picture. good way to accentuate her tiny waist.

Traveler's Closet

 

Anonymous LDV said ... (6:01 AM) : 

I don't know, the Wayfarers are starting to be quite annoying, everyone is wearing them.

 

Anonymous Paula said ... (6:45 AM) : 

What a gorgeous smile Garance has!

 

Blogger André Abreu said ... (6:55 AM) : 

CHIC!

 

Blogger Kcaiyah D. said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Kanye sure doesn't look happy. :)

www.heymiss.info

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I love Garance smile

 

Blogger Alexa said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Garance, awesome.

 

Anonymous Lana Lans said ... (10:41 AM) : 

The second photo is so beautiful that eclipces any others.
It's a pitty because the rest is impressive as well especcially when my favorite dark-blue color presents.

 

Blogger Fabi said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Love the pictures!! Love Garance's coat and the 4th picture is great!!!

http://smallfashiondoses.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mertxe Hernàndez said ... (12:23 PM) : 

beautiful, i like the third one.

http://mertxehernandez.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I love the Tyrolian style hat!!! Do shopping for Lederhosen, etc. at Jahn Markl on Salzburg's Residenzplatz, Lanz or Tostmann!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

love the Japanese couple.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Puffy?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Wow! What a collection of photos! I'm going to the Karsh exhibit this afternoon and I'll be on the lookout for the kinds of things you do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

kanye stole jay-z's signature daddy b's! one of my fave oliver peoples style but too large for my face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Garance always seems so happy. She always has a smile on her face.

 

Anonymous Yasmine said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Amazing! They look so good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Why is Kanye always pouting?

 

Blogger blindslug said ... (4:33 PM) : 

but scott dont you know its all about the clubmasters now?

 

Anonymous Lauren said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Love, love, love Garance's Wayfarers! I'm wearing and loving Ray Ban's new small Wayfarer these days. I hope I look half as good in mine as she does in hers!

The Styleseer
http://styleseer.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Daniel Nielsen said ... (8:45 PM) : 

what would you call the pants in the first pic?

 

Anonymous Jeannie from Atanticbeachlife.com said ... (11:13 PM) : 

love all your pictures as always. Garance is wonderful and I'm loving her take on living in NYC yet you each do your own unique thing.

what camera/lenses do you and she shoot with? i would LOVE to know.

Kayne? No. Dour. Diva.

 

Blogger The DuniaBeast said ... (12:07 AM) : 

This is a stretch, but Garance if you happen to see this comment by chance I'd like you to know that your laughing face and quirky fashion choices inspire me.

 

Blogger smokey onix said ... (2:25 AM) : 

beautiful photos

xoxo
marsella.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

is that asian man the same man you photographed in korea wearing the tophat? ugh such attitude..love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 AM) : 

...the man in the 6th photo is stefano pilati no?

 

Blogger Nomadic D. said ... (6:21 AM) : 

Everyone looks great in these shots, but I have to say, I don't think it's the sunglasses that are doing it. To be honest, I've never understood the appeal of the wayfarers, they just seem too flat to me, they stand away from the face too much. I like a pair of sunglasses that feel a little more organic, if that makes any sense, that feel more like they've taken into account the curves of a human face.

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (7:38 AM) : 

I love the coat in the first pic. Garance is so pretty btw, i wonder why she hardly ever posts a picture of herself on her blog.

 

Blogger Blake Jacobsen said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Love the tweed and fur!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Summer bag...winter coat....together...no, no, no

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I love the way Garance has tucked her handkerchief into her coat pocket so that it peeps out. Hankies are can be so chic and useful. People who say they're unhygienic should hush up!

 

Blogger Francisco! said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Believe the gentleman with the camel jacket on his lap is sporting Persol 2924-S. I wore those on my way to work this morning. Can't tell if he's got them in black or dark bordeaux (bordeaux's the way to go).

 

Blogger Naftali Stern said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I love the sades with the fur!

theBohmerian

 

Anonymous olafgermany said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Stefano Pilati looks great as ever, he is dashing. The handkerchief is gorgeous. His sunglasses are made by Persol, but i wonder which number(model) it is...

 

Blogger Deja Vu Refinery said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Awesome theme, good collection of glasses.

 

Anonymous Marie said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Love all the pictures! The beige handbag and herringbone coat with fur are tres chic!

 

Anonymous BlingDuckFashion said ... (1:59 AM) : 

your photos are just, breathtakingly amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

Hello! I love that couple! Straight from the Marrix and proud of it. Love her bowl cut too. I so want my hair like that, but its tough to lose all the length. Sexy.

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Mis gafas favoritas son las Wayfarer de Garance, un saludo

 

Blogger Annie said ... (5:21 AM) : 

love the first couple! :)
www.lunarenelpie.blogspot.com
thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Love Garance's Katharine Hepburn elegance!

 

Anonymous Anca said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Stefano Pilati is wearing Mărțișor the red and white string from which a small decoration is tied, and which is offered by people on the 1st day of March in Romania. :)

 

Anonymous thibault said ... (6:23 AM) : 

completely in love with the girl with the enveloppe !

Want to marry her!

http://www.hypemeanseverything.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

love love love it!

Link

 

Anonymous KYE said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Kanye looks so happy, great photos though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I like Garance's the best. Not too deep into the face. It's a trend I do not like, particularly on myself. I have searched for this shape and can't find it because I live in Toronto and every shop has the big ones.

 

Blogger jhuynh said ... (10:29 AM) : 

kanye the king!

http://indiaandfen.blogspot.com/

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting