This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Via Senato, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 10, 2011

On the Street...Via Senato, Milan

Comments on "On the Street...Via Senato, Milan"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I like it :)

http://avec-passion.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Dope...

 

Blogger Helgaburdina said ... (3:33 PM) : 

WOW!!! great shoes...!!!

 

Blogger GINGER FASHION MONSTERS said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Aaah the chunky heel! These ones' shape is beautiful the straps make them elegantly delicate. I love the way she mixes winterwear with summer, this is a nice sort of half way point!

www.gingerfashionmonsters.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ash said ... (3:35 PM) : 

so creative!

http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

these shoes are fantastic!
<3

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (3:37 PM) : 

AMAZING!!!

Love how she is wearing the jeans under her straps!

xo
http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Love brown shoes!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:40 PM) : 

gorgeous yet practical, a dream come true!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MeganRose. said ... (3:40 PM) : 

oh i love it

 

Anonymous Salomé said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Nice pic ;))
ruby aldridge:http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Blogger flat faced cat said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Genius! I love unexpected style! Great post
Best,
Camilynbeth.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Aubrey N. Clark said ... (3:46 PM) : 

looooove <3

www.bellsnshells.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Love.

 

Anonymous Caroline said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Someone more than "getting away with it!" Surprisingly, my first thought was "Cute." Because if I were to do that, it would just never work.

 

Blogger blue roses said ... (3:49 PM) : 

oh my god, i am so in love with these; the delicately thick heel, the leather, the wrap-around detail. these babies are seducing me, whispering my name, stroking my wallet. just the passion this dreary weather calls for...

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous LEFTONBOISE said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Hellooo Badass! Totally gonna copy this look like right now!

http://leftonboise.com

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (4:02 PM) : 

This is one way to get your shoes more noticeable, and I do like the pair she's wearing

 

Blogger Marta Flotats said ... (4:05 PM) : 

OMG! I need these shoes! Amazing heel and really cute details! Tomorrow I'm going to Barcelona to buy ones like these!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

great image.

 

Anonymous jdit said ... (4:26 PM) : 

...and then sometimes I think I will miss skinny jeans.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (4:29 PM) : 

I also love the strap going over the jeans. I have to try that next time I break out my strappy sandals and jeans, which will be soon I hope!

 

Blogger Collections said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Love these shoes.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

wonder about the rest above

the next post?!

 

Blogger ql said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Who designed these? They're fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

I absolutely love the shoes and it's not much to say about it. :)

 

Blogger LoveE ♥ said ... (5:13 PM) : 

I'm not sure about these, probably just because the socks are under them though...

http://itsthedollhousebaby.blogspot.com/
x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

At 60 I so want to wear this....

 

Blogger sarah said ... (5:33 PM) : 

love this!!!!


Enter my giveaway!
http://speakmylanguages.blogspot.com/2011/03/very-first-giveaway.html

 

Blogger AimEMcC13 said ... (6:00 PM) : 

I gotta admit, I LOVE this!

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (6:02 PM) : 

great shot!! i love it as i always love your photographs.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Socks or tights under closed-toe cut-away shoes are just right. :) Love the worn-in quality of the shoes, too.

I generally hate super-skinny jeans, but this use of them isn't bad.

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (6:23 PM) : 

bad taste or good taste, we love it

 

Blogger CHLOE HAY ♥ said ... (7:01 PM) : 

great photo, amazing depth.

Fox Whiskers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

I love the shine of the wet street and seeing the water on the leather of her heels. I love the straps over the jeans... awesome shot, awesome look!

 

Blogger jackie said ... (7:15 PM) : 

You've shown us so many different ways of wearing things and this particular look, which is simpler than others, I don't think I could pull off... Hmmm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

ACNE jeans for sure, i can tell by the seam. great look.
X

 

Anonymous Meredith said ... (8:46 PM) : 

I was actually wondering if I could pull off the look of ankle straps on the outside of jeans. When you have shoes that have a cute ankle strap, you need to show them off.

- Meredith
www.findingsoulbalance.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

I like the idea, but not the colors. It would be cool to try this with a patterned trouser sock.

Loose/silky trousers could be ok, too. They'd be bunched, draped, tapered...and potentially awesome!

Becky @ Time Echo Vintage

 

Anonymous Ladybird said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Wasn't Kate Moss/Sienna Miller rocking a look like this 2-3 years ago? ('Cos Sienna follows where Kate leads...)

Lost on me I'm afraid.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

this combination is just perfect! love the shoes, and the strap over the jeans. looks just different enough!
bis

 

Blogger Marc said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Is it weird that I find this particularly sexy? Her stance, the shoes, her jeans... I like it.

 

Blogger Nia Janiar said ... (12:19 AM) : 

I was wondering why people in Milan soo fashionable..

 

Anonymous Saoirse said ... (1:35 AM) : 

The way she puts the shoes on top of the jeans, it just makes the beautiful shoes stand out even more. I really like it!

 

Anonymous de said ... (2:15 AM) : 

i love the shoes! how the ankle straps are worn with the hem of her jeans is superb too.

 

Blogger 1001 LOVELY THINGS said ... (3:06 AM) : 

I love it!
m*

 

Blogger Popy said ... (4:33 AM) : 

Love it!!! Interesting how we wouldn't imagine these shoes worn with socks and above a grey skinny jeans!! But the result is amazing! Really audacious!

popyactually.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

Giammetti, awesome !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

very very cool

 

Blogger Ursula Manning said ... (5:14 AM) : 

Simply love

http://ursula-manning.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:10 AM) : 

the most compelling part is that she put a lot of thought into this: notice the jeans aren't fully tucked, in fact they are identically 80% tucked into the strap, this is what makes the look work, it looks spur of the moment but not sloppy, if they were fully under the strap it wouldn't work. i've been seeing this all over israel, definitely doesn't work for everyone but this looks fantastic!

 

Anonymous Key said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I'm stealing this idea. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Love the shoes, color and shape, very nice. And the photograph, just splendid, of course.

 

Anonymous Liz said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Jeans under a delicate strap? No. But I do believe in experimenting for fashion's sake.

 

Anonymous Rumi C said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love this look.As always, the pairing of brown and black looks amazing. I can only imagine the rest of her outfit looks fab as well. Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger soffi said ... (9:50 AM) : 

love it.

http://soffisinglesstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger A said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Really great shoes!

Aldina
Circle of Design Fashion Illustration

 

Blogger kathrynnova said ... (10:34 AM) : 

is that sienna miller?

sorry sienna, the trend still won't catch on. i know, i know, you've been trying for years....

 

Blogger Hazel said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Quel horreur. I'm more concerned with the ruination of her shoes (and her feet).

What's going on with Kanye anyway?

 

Blogger Ann said ... (10:43 AM) : 

love this

 

Blogger marta said ... (10:55 AM) : 

looovely shoes!

http://www.accessorizeyouroutfit.blogspot.com/

accessorize your outfit :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Who makes these? Out of desperation, I looked at timberland :{

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Who says you can't wear stylish heels with jeans?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

I think that they are from Nine West.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Haha, awesome! only Scott would notice this from across the street :)

marina
http://stylesnapshot.typepad.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

it's acne jeans + philosophy by alberta ferretti shoes.

 

Anonymous the Bohmerian said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Great photo! Not to into the clunky heel trend but great combo.


www.theBohmerian.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

I too find it sexy the way she is rocking this look, her stance, the colors, etc. I like the strap over the jeans, but I think I would prefer her feet to be bare.

As an image, this is outstanding. The wet worn leather, the wet street, her stance. If I had shot this, I'd blow it up and have it hanging on my wall.

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (10:40 PM) : 

As Garance joked, Wearing out-of-season clothes is very fashionable and street-photograph worthy.

 

Blogger Sofia.g. said ... (3:15 AM) : 

I love the shoes and the photo! So inspiring!

xoxo
http://filmwardrobe.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Camille said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Is Alberta Ferretti the designer ? Can i buy them on the internet ?

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (8:48 AM) : 

I like the over jeans putting concpt

www.coolneeded.com

 

Blogger CAYA said ... (9:30 AM) : 

It is all about the contrast between the rough grey jeans and the very feminine brown shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

omg- the S... DARE I ASK?!?!? Are these Sketchers?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Love the shoes, hate the jeans. There was never a good excuse for acid wash to begin with, resurrecting it from the beyond is truly a fashion crime.

 

Blogger Vision of a Dreamer said ... (5:09 PM) : 

LOVE IT!



Kisses from
www.visionofadreamer.blogspot.com

 

Blogger chondamma.cariappa said ... (2:26 AM) : 

heyy if you guys love shoes, u MUST check out this blog www.thesolesisters.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Trendy said ... (2:33 PM) : 

jeans inside sangles it is nice

http://you-are-trendy.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

lovely shoes!

http://lelucilampeggianti.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger istanbul fashion addict said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I love the shoes but dont know the brand.anyone recognise the shoe brand? btw I LOVE Italian street style.

 

Blogger Miss Go said ... (5:56 PM) : 

PHILOSOPHY DI ALBERTA FERRETTI!!!

 

Blogger SZMITOLOGIA said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Love it!!! ;-)

 

Anonymous LC123 said ... (10:11 PM) : 

If you are going to wear strappy heels in the rain, it's good when they have some traction on them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

brilliant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

I absolutely love hard workin' shoes!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:49 PM) : 

i love this stil, dont wait till springtimes, i do it tomorrow

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:56 AM) : 

it is so nice! I am from Russia, and it's so unusual, for us this style! BUt i like it!!!

 

Anonymous ak said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Steal the shoes at gunpoint.

 

Anonymous Linda said ... (1:07 AM) : 

probably one of the most perfect pair of shoes i've ever seen.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

I'm from the middle east and obsessed with these heels, I've searched for what was suggested to be philosophy di alberta ferretti but I found nothing. =(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Love these shoes. Has anyone found them?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting