This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Mixed Patterns, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

On the Street...Mixed Patterns, Paris

This is easily one of my favorite looks of the season.

Comments on "On the Street...Mixed Patterns, Paris"

 

Anonymous salomé said ... (8:46 AM) : 

beautiful mixed of form... ;)
So 70's....
love it ;D

http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (8:47 AM) : 

she looks great. sooo french.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (8:47 AM) : 

ya i love it. she brought it altogether with her neutral accessories, nude/brown shoes and bag.

xoxo,
F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!!

 

Anonymous Ururu Kaigo said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Love this Mixed patterns and dark blue jacket!

http://team-foodies.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jill said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Love the skirt and I long for the shoes!! I don't like the top but I do like how she put it all together. And the proportions (especially with that coat length) are perfect. Fit is king!

The details - shoes, necklace, bag - all work so well. One of *my* favorite looks that you've posted recently. :)

 

Blogger Miss Molly said ... (8:51 AM) : 

agreed - she looks awesome

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I like the skirt and coat and the patterns do work well together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

love it! the colours, the bag, the pose, very nice!

 

Anonymous Kristi said ... (9:04 AM) : 

She looks great! I love the print combinations and how the coat breaks it up perfectly. Wonderful shoes too! Laid back classic elegance.

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (9:05 AM) : 

nice - love the plaid sweater

 

Blogger SAMANTHA said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I love these mixed patterns too, great look

xx
www.dragonnfruit.com

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (9:12 AM) : 

The colors are a bit dated for me but loving the mix.. Great necklace!

http://www.theBohmerian.com

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Yes! That is the way to mix and match patters. Beautiful photograph.

 

Anonymous b said ... (9:22 AM) : 

love the concrete background, greta pict!xxb

 

Blogger Gorete Sousa said ... (9:23 AM) : 

BEAUTIFUL outfit!!!
lovely
xx

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (9:29 AM) : 

gorgeou...easy elegance!! xx meenal

 

Blogger The Wh0le Story said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Quirky, classy, sexy. Love.

 

Blogger Collections said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Love the mixed patterns.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Indigo Sessions said ... (9:35 AM) : 

LOVE the skirt!

x x x

The Indigo Sessions

Come and visit us!

http://the-indigo-sessions.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Clau said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Really beautiful

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:38 AM) : 

j'adore le mixe des imprimés, très joli, très classe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Isn't she a blogger?

 

Anonymous Fab' SISTERS said ... (9:49 AM) : 

She's a famous jewel designer, guess Who....

 

Blogger Arlie said ... (9:55 AM) : 

no doubt, my favorite you have posted in a long time! she looks like a perfect 70s girl.

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I like the muted colors. Texture is in the foreground with this outfit!

 

Blogger Georgie said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I like the whole atmospehere of this picture :) with that wall behind... :)

 

Blogger Trendy said ... (10:26 AM) : 

70's french style!

I like!


http://you-are-trendy.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Eva said ... (10:27 AM) : 

That coat is just great!

 

Anonymous Ana Magnolia said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

"This is easily one of my favorite looks of the season."

Concur. Excellent!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I love it!

 

Blogger BaronessVonVintage said ... (10:39 AM) : 

ADORE this. chevron striping with plaid = brilliance

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (10:40 AM) : 

The 30's seen in the present.Not easy but she gets it.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Some retro is OK but not a huge fan. I think my wife still has this packed away from the 1970's. Definitely looks better on someone who didn't actually wear it during the 70's...Oh, love the background!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Love it. Love the whole look. Beautiful and soft. Shoes and necklace are my favorite.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Delfina Delettrez (Fendi): she is amazing!!

http://littlesnobthing.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

delfina!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:53 AM) : 

love the different lengths, and the clashing patterns are gorgeous!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Violet Day said ... (10:53 AM) : 

If I did not know better (and the handbag and necklace were different)...and she wasn't talking on the cell phone either of course...I would think this picture was taken during the
1940s..looks almost post WWII.

http://violetsdayblog.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Anna Bree said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I love everything about this look. Especially the shoes. Sigh...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I think this way of dressing--mixing different patterns, really came from the way people dress in Asian, especially country folk in China--I've always admired it.

 

Blogger Lux said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I totally agree!
This look is just perfect right now
Lux
http://luxbeaupre.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous bridget said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Love, love, love! the patterns, the color way, her stance, the setting!!!

 

Blogger V.V. said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Nice! This mix works perfectly!

v.v.
http://fashiondoseblog.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:48 AM) : 

the colour palette matches my mood for spring so far... =]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Nicely done!

The color palette seems very fall but yet the cut and shape of the clothing is very spring-to-come. She looks great!

www.houseofhemingway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The_Unemployed_Stylist said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I feel like the 70s and mad men collided here, and I love it.
www.theunemployedstylist.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

is she the young fendi, delfina delletrez?

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Two thumbs up or should I say: Two patterns up?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

WOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Can't wait to see more of this on the streets! In fact, I've probably been waiting my whole life for this type of mixing and miss-matching to become acceptable where people don't look at you like you have two heads if you wear different patterns or different prints!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Delfina Delettrez: always a little bit oldish, never as good as her jewels though

 

Anonymous maryse said ... (12:19 PM) : 

très belle tenue ! elle va très bien à la personne qui la porte !

 

Anonymous Marisa Alma said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Nothing matches, but everything goes together...so French. I like how the grill on the brick wall echos the colors of her outfit. Interesting photo, as usual.

 

Anonymous Kim said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I love that insects and spiders in jewelry are in! Gotta love that necklace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

OMG, this look is by far one of the best looks I've seen, too. Well done...and well chosen pieces from her head down to her toes, even the accessories including what looks like an iPhone. Her makeup and hair style are so appropriate. Love the mixing of the patterns and color choices. The length of the coat is perfect. Very chic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Apart from shoes and bag, cool outfit!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger sarah said ... (1:36 PM) : 

i'm loving the mixed patterns look. it gives you so much freedom and an infinite amount of looks. love!

enter my giveaway!
http://speakmylanguages.blogspot.com/2011/03/very-first-giveaway.html

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:36 PM) : 

She looks so confident, makes me think I should not stress so much to match when getting dressed in the morning

 

Anonymous yoana said ... (1:38 PM) : 

The most beautiful is the coat

 

Anonymous Claire said ... (1:48 PM) : 

I feel so staid and bourgeois in saying this but... I don't think this particular mix of patterns looks that great. Maybe because the colours in her sweater are not my faves (I was a kid in the 70s and the copious use of brown and mustard yellow in people's houses at the time left me scarred), but this particular mix makes my brain itch. What I do like about it, though, is the 1930s silhouette: the gorgeous buckle shoes, skirt, mid-length navy coat and Wallis Simpsonesque necklace. And her satchel which manages to combine gamine charm with womanly elegance.

But what do I know? She is the fashion innovator, not I.

 

Blogger The Fancy Teacup said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Wow, she pulled that off so effortlessly. And the color palette is extraordinary as well.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Beautiful Delfina

 

Blogger Kacrates said ... (2:18 PM) : 

She has that confidence to carry it out well. I love her shape as well.

 

Blogger KimChicSisters said ... (2:26 PM) : 

love this!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/jackets-required.html

 

Blogger Secondhand Stella said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Her necklace is amazing!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

French women can do things no one else should attempt.

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Love the colors as much as the mixture of the patterns. I would like to see it with a different bag and necklace though (but that's nitpicking).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I have the same shirt which I had bought from an op shop 10yrs ago that I wear till this day.
She looks stunning love the shoes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Like it! :D

Check out my blog if you want!

http://itstimetogetcrazy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Danielle said ... (2:44 PM) : 

That skirt is adorable
WWW.FASHIONJUNKIIEE.COM

 

Blogger Agne said ... (2:45 PM) : 

what a beautiful look!

http://sheisfashionholic.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Amazing. So easy and chic.

nataliemack.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

That is simply superb. Wow.

I love her makeup and hair, too... and the mixed-pattern wall behind her is the crowning touch.

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (4:31 PM) : 

so vintage and unique

 

Blogger Hanna / Ammi said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Vintage can never go wrong. Her look is amazing! People in Paris are so interesting.

http://dejavuparis.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I like the pattern mixing.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous nadja said ... (5:22 PM) : 

imagine this in black and white... without the mobile.... then it feels like the time directly after world war 2, somewhere in france or italy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

this look is very Anthropologie-esk! I love it SO much :)

 

Anonymous Sarah said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Lurve the shoes!!

 

Blogger Who Moved my Birkin said ... (7:13 PM) : 

so very textual and french

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:02 PM) : 

This seems really close to what Garance posted on her Blog.

To be photographed mix big clashing prints + phone

=)

works like a charm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 AM) : 

She must be a graphic designer or other visual artist. Besides being chic and original, her proportions, colors, balance and degree of dissonance are PERFECT.

 

Blogger peglud said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Looks very french. Why does it look so stylish in Paris, but when I mix prints, I look kind of bumpkin-ish?

 

Blogger Mapiki said ... (4:21 AM) : 

I really like tha way this revisited 20's style can look so contemporary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

It's my favorite look as well, so fourties, unless it's thirties ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 AM) : 

I love her and her designs. She has personality and an interesting 'English eccentric' touch, which mades her to stand out as individuality

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Delfina Delettrez Fendi.

 

Anonymous BeeHives said ... (10:11 AM) : 

The coat is that beautiful shade of blue seen in a previous post...
Long-time-follower, first time comment-er.

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Fantastic retro blend!

 

Blogger Stacey said ... (10:46 AM) : 

absolutely lovely and perfect mixture of patterns

 

Anonymous Maureen French said ... (12:32 PM) : 

I agree about loving this look! Why are people so afraid of mixing patterns, plaids, stripes??? This woman does it perfectly...

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Great mix, inspiration...can I take this photo to make a collage with clothes in Joshylola blog with The Sartorialist link? regards
www.joshylola.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ulla-Marie said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Except for the hairstyle - a true Hitchcocklady, and it is always the right thing.

 

Anonymous Melanieee said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I like her bag and necklace. They are pretty seperates.

 

Anonymous P8 said ... (7:46 PM) : 

I like the pattern of her top, with the necklace layed over it. The shoes are my favorite part of the look.

The skirt really doesn't do much for me (but maybe I'm just jealous, because I can't pull off a skirt of that length). I don't like the patterns on the skirt or how it clashes with the pattern of the top. Although, I prefer it when people are experimental with their looks rather than play it safe.

I'd love to hear what you like about it, though. It's always great to read your comments, Mr. Sart, and I usually wish that they were a bit longer!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (12:22 AM) : 

Easily? The colours are a bit boring, right? ON the other hand, ireally appreciate the mix of pattern - an art always difficult to master!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Ting said ... (5:48 AM) : 

perfect mix and Match. and the necklace, adorable!

my blog

 

Blogger Kelly Erin said ... (1:04 AM) : 

those shoes are gorgeous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:11 AM) : 

The pattern mix and the 70's/french feel IS really cool, but what grabs me is the awesome necklace! Completely out of context, but so right! I wish more women would have the chutzpah to wear something like that.

 

Blogger Hollie said ... (3:18 PM) : 

i like this, a lot!
http://diaryofamuddledmind.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Garretto said ... (10:19 AM) : 

The look is beautiful and the combination inteligent, but in my opinion the necklace is lost in the composition

 

Anonymous Windswept said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Just perfect.
I'm in love!
Windswept

 

Anonymous ak said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Hot. I love how the mix of patterns actually work.

 

Anonymous Jan said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Love those shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

demoiselle de avignon anyone?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting