This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Everywhere Flare, NYC, Paris & Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 17, 2011

On the Street.....Everywhere Flare, NYC, Paris & Milan


Comments on "On the Street.....Everywhere Flare, NYC, Paris & Milan"

 

Blogger Una B. said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Wow!I love it!Amazing photos!

http://unasrandomfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Should have kept my bellbottoms from college in the 70's......

 

Blogger dominika said ... (2:32 PM) : 

the second pic is gorgeous!

 

Blogger Leya said ... (2:34 PM) : 

i like it =D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

love these shots!
<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

i need to get some flares after seeing these!
xx
Catflicks

 

Anonymous eva said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I can't believe how I used to love these type of pants. I can't imagine myself wearing them now and it's only been a couple of years :D Nice photos, though. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Nice!!! I didn't trash my flare yet.

 

Blogger Alisson said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I just acquired a pair of these! <3
Love the look.

 

Blogger Angel said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Those are a bit on the extreme of flared pants but they keep coming back in some shape or form every year. Flare is here to stay for women I think.

Angels Point of View - Street Style Blog

 

Blogger Virgil said ... (2:44 PM) : 

to be honest, I really dislike them. The silhouette looks disproportionate in a bad way to me...

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (2:44 PM) : 

the contrast in the first image is amazing...beautiful composition!! xx meenal

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:45 PM) : 

There are trillion reason why I love flared wide leg jeans! 1 being they are super flyyy!!! Owned a pair from H&M and I can't seem to get enough wear out of them. I need a few more, so I think it's time to hit up another brand.

www.marleysimoneblog.com

 

Blogger Christina Cenzer said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I LOVE that flared legs are back! I think they are so flattering on women. It is a nice departure from skinny jeans.

 

Anonymous Aggie K said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Love those flared pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

That does it. I'm dropping the hems on an old pair of flares and bringing them back into the rotation!

 

Anonymous susanna said ... (2:52 PM) : 

Does anyone remember hip hugger Landlubbers? They were THE bellbottoms in the late 60s early 70s. I used to go to a store on Lexington Ave and they had them in every type of material including the denim of course. And this was before stone washing, so they were just the dark denim. They were unisex and the legs had to be so long that they dragged on the ground and the fabric at the hem frayed. I wore them with my platform Bare Traps sandals, my Olafdaughters clogs, and my Fred Braun all leather shoes. The Fred Brauns were the Doc Martens of the 60s and early 70s. I loved that look then, it was incredibly cool. But I don't think I will be revisiting it again! I will stick to my Levis 501s and my Acne skinny ones.

 

Blogger Fabio Bucciardini said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Love it!

 

Blogger JK said ... (3:02 PM) : 

I own a pair of men's flare jeans. I absolutely love them!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:03 PM) : 

so cool!

love the silhouette they make mixed with more fitted garments. casual and wearable! =]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

L O V E!!!

www.SHINYUPSIDEDOWNCROSSES.BLOGSPOT.com

 

Anonymous salomé said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Love his pic and looooooooooove the flare ;D


NEW IN Lanvin: http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Blogger We Can Pretend said ... (3:09 PM) : 

i want a pair!

www.wecanpretend.blogspot.com

 

Blogger lia said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Always impressed by the voguettes' outfit
LOVE

crossingredlines

 

Blogger Lilly said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Love love looooove the jacket in the first picture and the jeans in the second photo!

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Of course! Just when I finally catch on to (and fall in love with) skinny jeans!

nataliemack.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous LolóRey said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Wooowwwww....GREAT.. ! ! !

Time to use the ones l got in Barcelona again.

Totally love them....

 

Blogger allison said ... (3:20 PM) : 

well, hell's bells!
I want some of those, but it super light blue denim. only to confuse those that might like them.
also, because i might look like gumby.

 

Anonymous stylelinx said ... (3:28 PM) : 

All I can say is-thank the fashion gods the flare is in... or still in... or back- ?? As much as I love-love jeggings (I mostly wear them when I'm wearing boots) the flare is what balances out my hips!

 

Anonymous Janna said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Great pics and I love those jeans, I just wish they'd make them especially for those with hips, it's hard finding a good pair that doesn't sit half off the bum if you have hips.

 

Blogger Archie said ... (3:34 PM) : 

While these girls all look great there's something moderately alarming about the way flares conceal people's feet. To me, they make the wearer look like either a) a ghost or b) a spaceman.
www.thearchblog.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:43 PM) : 

adore these flares

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

 

Anonymous Elisabeth - Everything's Better with Frosting said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Yea! I love flares - glad they're coming back in style. They're just so flattering to the leg line.

 

Blogger Mariana Costa Veludo said ... (3:45 PM) : 

the coats are so perfect !

 

Anonymous Confiture de Vivre said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Bought flares early this year from "Closed", an adorable german label and I love those jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Wow! I've gotta get me some flares now...

 

Blogger Kholá said ... (3:56 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE flared jeans. I'm been wearing wide legs for a while so I guess I should be happy they're in style' now.

 

Blogger Mack said ... (3:57 PM) : 

love this post! reminds me of a Sartorialist post from Thursday, Sept 9 2010 "what's more important, fashion or style" - even though I feel like skinny jeans are all the rage, I just don't look or feel as great in them as I do wide-leg or, particularly, flares. LOVE to see them here in this post, lookin' so good :0) - love the ones in the last picture with the top tucked in! thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Hmm... Not so soon, I daresay.

 

Anonymous Brandy said ... (4:02 PM) : 

I think the hem on the 2nd image is perfect. It hides the top of the foot but still allows a portion of the shoe to show. You might say that means flares should only be worn with platforms.

A hem that's too long on a flare makes me feel like an elephant!

@Janna - Try high waisted flares. Gorgeous!

 

Blogger Nomadic D. said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Honestly I could care less about the flare, but is that the Burberry Aviator jacket in the 1st pic? God, that's a beautiful piece.

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I'm so warming to them, but oh, you do need long legs...

 

Blogger katou said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Great pictures, flares is my favourite trend this season it suits every body shapes and it comes in every color range i love it!!!
http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Somehow I am starting to like the flare look again.

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Is there a difference between bellbottoms and flares, they sort of look the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

@ susanna
thank you for the story of the new york -60 and -70 brands. I love to hear stories like that - it's the part of history that most often disappears after just a few generations.
I like the flares on tall, skinny women like these. unfortunately it's not easy for most of us to achieve such a dignified and beautiful silhouette wearing flares, even with platforms. But I think the photo on the top shows a perfect example of the 2011 style, both skinny tights disappearing into high-heeled boots or the more deconstructed but still feminine and elegant look. This photo could enter history!

MZ

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Anyone knows which designer bag this is??
The grey one in the second picture <3

Thanks !
Helena

 

Anonymous JGirl said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Long live the flare! They are fabulous and flattering on most women.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Super la première photo ! J'adore l'opposition des deux looks : jean slim ou flare alors ?
Pour les Sisters, sera flare...

 

Blogger 0000 said ... (4:40 PM) : 

@helena, it is hermes.

can anyone tell me who makes the glorious pea coat on the woman in the first photo?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I think I've worn flares every now and then for the past 5? years. They're a bit of a staple, and I love them - glad I'm not the only one.

 

Blogger enannanhelena said ... (4:43 PM) : 

So they are really back?! I had them when I was 5, 10 years, I think that's enough for me. :) But I love them in your pics!
/helena

 

Blogger Cecille said ... (4:53 PM) : 

love this 70's jeans!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Now I feel even better, and a little proud, that I was wearing my favourite jeans today - my flare denim from ASOS.

The photos are amazing!

xo thefashionguitar

 

Blogger Mayuly Kamphan said ... (5:04 PM) : 

I knew theyre coming back!

xx
amaezingfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (5:05 PM) : 

one thing about trends...they always come back into vogue. Gotta love bell bottoms, but I don't look right in them lol

 

Blogger Kate Alexis said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Yay! Death to the skinny jean!

 

Blogger kayel said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Oh no! Pls beware of flare... I sooo do not miss them :-) Sincerley hope they will not come back but I guess they probably will in some form...

Lovely shoots, as always!

 

Blogger Lindsey said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I need me a pair of these!

http://myialife.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Julius Pahl said ... (5:27 PM) : 

can't believe its coming back?

Honestly I dont like them at all.

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (5:28 PM) : 

so happy they're back in style!!!

 

Blogger It-Blogirls said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Elephant pants, 70's nostalgia!

 

Blogger Kairi Kuuskmann said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I'v allways loved flare and have few pairs already, though have to confess, my skinnies still keep creeping back to my closet :S. Great photos!
http://kairikuuskmann.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

oh no... not again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Great photo. Italy as a background does give an extra elegance to the clothes. Hope I was there.
http://www.sandals4us.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

That's why I never wear jeans, they keep changing from skinny to elephant... It works for many people, but for me just too quick.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

They don't work for London: impossible to wear in the rain, yuk!

 

Blogger 0000 said ... (5:58 PM) : 

update to anyone that cares: the woman's peacoat is men's balmain. (my boyfriend tracked this down for me, believe it or not).

http://www.mrporter.com/product/300431

now i must save 1700 euro....check back in 5 years. sigh...

 

Anonymous ginap said ... (6:17 PM) : 

love the flare......

 

Blogger Rebeca Muñoz López said ... (6:22 PM) : 

I like this!
Pantalones pata de elefante, asi les llaman en Perú!! :)

 

Blogger Phoebe Lai said ... (6:25 PM) : 

i don't like pants that hide shoes, but i think flares look great on tall women. I'm no good with flared jeans, but I may look into the trend again.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:37 PM) : 

I love the look, but if you look closely at the second photo you can see how they're getting wet. All the wide leg pants I've worn in Oregon have had the same problem. The more they swing, the wetter they get. The long length that covers the shoes reminds me of high school in the '70's. All the petite girls could achieve that look with their platform shoes. I was sadly tall and I'm sure my pants came to my ankles. I was very jealous of that shoe covered look.

 

Blogger 0000 said ... (7:03 PM) : 

@beth, YES. tall girl here and i always coveted the hidden shoe look. still do, no matter how many disparaging comments i hear about it. ;)

 

Anonymous Shannon Elle said ... (7:50 PM) : 

Love how modern fashion encompasses many different looks...skinny jeans AND now the flares are here to stay for a while too. Nice dark blue J Brand flares in the bottom photo...my favorite fit!

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (8:02 PM) : 

I'm excited to see more flare pants this season.
My Heart Blogged

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (8:43 PM) : 

they're back..... wonder if they will be merely a phase or if they are back for good as were skinny jeans.... love it though!

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

you know what? emmauelle alt is hot. she's gonna pull this off...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

FINALLY! My everyday pants are on trend again! I wouldn't leave my skinnies though. And someone already brought up the edges getting dirty. That's a problem

 

Anonymous P8 said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Eh. I fell in love with skinny jeans circa 2005 and have only rarely broken out denim with other silhouettes since then. Plus, in the first photo, I honestly think the look on the left is cooler than the one on the right!

I've noticed that the fashion industry is trying to bring back the wide leg (since it fits with the 70's theme that's been returning), but people should stick to what they look best in. NOW, if you have very large thighs, or if you're very petite, maybe you should opt for a pant with a wider leg.

 

Anonymous Jenny said ... (11:30 PM) : 

Big fan of flares. And I love the lady's feather jacket in the 2nd photo!

jennysicatimage.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

j´adore the feminine mermaid silhouette they give to all girls (of any age...!), they're so glamorous!!!!!, and cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

isn't that Jennifer Connelly in the top pic?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 AM) : 

I agree with P8 since last year, the fashion industry has been pushing the wide leg jean and the whole 70s thing, and it's fine. But fashion is also free, and we have to wear what we like and look good in.
That being said, does anyone know if the last jeans are Seven?
thanks!

 

Blogger Skinny Hipster... said ... (12:48 AM) : 

J'ADORE

 

Blogger Mani said ... (12:59 AM) : 

I love the contrast in the first photo, and they all pull it off so well!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:44 AM) : 

Always amazed with your photos. Thank you for continuing to keep inspired daily!

http://omcvintage.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous elaine said ... (1:45 AM) : 

Ah flares. My favorite.
1st - The contrast of skinny and flare is in perfect balance. They are both worn so well.
2nd - Is that flare with a cuff in the second shot? Love it. The pop of the pink against her grey bag is nice.
3rd - The puff of blouse sticking out of the crisp jeans is such a nice feminine touch.

 

Blogger Joanna Paulsen said ... (2:26 AM) : 

I love flair pants!

http://slackandlack.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Dauphinegirl said ... (3:45 AM) : 

The pendulum swings again. Notice the very high shoes that must accompany them.

 

Anonymous Trib said ... (4:06 AM) : 

J'adore le Flare!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:08 AM) : 

cool jeans, wow! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 AM) : 

like the pictures, the 2nd: a great look! BUT: the woman on the 1st pic: I like most! SO nice!

 

Blogger Céline Mademoiselle ... said ... (5:16 AM) : 

wide wide legs !!!! Nice !!!

http://celinemademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Fashion Marked said ... (5:21 AM) : 

I LOVE it! =)

///

http://thefashionmarked.blogspot.com

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (6:40 AM) : 

8-C
The return of one of the all-time least elegant silhouettes: it's fine for the supermodels among us but I very much doubt that it fits 98% of mankind.

There is nothing wrong with wide legs per se but flares are tricky for two reasons: only the very long-legged can really pull it; where the flare starts has to be right & this is very difficult to get from a ready-to-wear department.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 AM) : 

Not a fan. Flares are tolerable in a hippie-style outfit, otherwise no for me.

 

Anonymous Champagne said ... (6:51 AM) : 

This silhouette is much more architectural than the flares from the past. Beautiful line, not the frumpy 70's demin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

Yes, Susanna, I do remember those brands from the sixties. I'm in the sixties now but for a different reason. I loved my bellbottoms, though on my petite 5' 2" frame they probably didn't look particularly good. But those were times when the wider, the better, and clothing was an almost political statement and you wore them proudly no matter what your body type. Now that I can look at them with a less impassioned eye, the look is less appealing to me. But if younger folks want to give them a try, let them enjoy them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 AM) : 

For some reason, I'm glad to see the comments about rain and flares. I love the look as it can be very elegant in a funky way, but I find I wore mine less and less when I moved to Ireland. I plot to wear them on sunny potentially rainless days (rare); somehow I never entirely was conscious why!

Yes, they are seriously non-rain options; skinny jeans are more practical in that sense, though I do prefer the flare. It's a bit of attitude where you least expect it.

Ditto--loved the historical overview of 70s fashion and brands. Wish there were more of that!

 

Blogger Fashi-Off said ... (7:12 AM) : 

I strongly believe in Flare...
Emanuel Alt docet...always!

http://fashi-off.blogspot.com

 

Blogger KC said ... (8:45 AM) : 

they're totally back with a vengeance.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I notice that many of these photos are taken in areas with beautiful cobblestone and brick sidewalks. How do these beautiful ladies walk in platforms and high heels? I live in an area with similar sidewalks and streets. Women ALWAYS wear flat shoes outdoors. To do otherwise is to risk a turned ankle or worse.

 

Anonymous Sophie said ... (9:02 AM) : 

beautiful pics--i love the coats in every one, especially the amazing brown coat in the first picture. But FLARES? please let this be a fleeting trend...fleeting enough that it passes right by me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I love flare! I truly hate when everyone is wearing skinny and the jean companies make it hard for me to find a good pair of flares. I love the last picture the most. Thank you!

 

Blogger Christine said ... (9:34 AM) : 

I love the look of the flares. Has anyone had luck finding a pair for $100 USD or under? I've been on the hunt with no success!

 

Blogger Porque Chile said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I have always loved flares...Just wish I was tall enough for them, sigh...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:03 AM) : 

These pics are really chic: I love the burberry shealring coat and the militar one....And hermes is simply hermès!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (10:04 AM) : 

it's a very late 60's early 70's cut on these jeans..tight to the knee then flared to cover the foot.
( not good for rainy days as seen in the second photo..the hems act as wicks)



the last photo of flares is
J Brand jeans ( noticible byu the little green stripe on the waistband) it's also their telltale 'wash'

to Helena:@4:31
that gorgeous grey iconic handbag is an Hermes Birkin Bag.

 

Blogger reigs said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Nice Peacoat flares lady.

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (11:04 AM) : 

ok I've been debating whether or not to get flares again(since the 90s) and the first photo makes me want a pair - dark ones worn with a breton top would be good for spring! thanks!

 

Anonymous Wanda said ... (11:25 AM) : 

I just ripped an old pair of flares from college. I wasn't thinking about replacing them. I was going to opt for a high waist straight, after seeing these...the flare will be back. These women are so beautiful. Thanks.

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Is it odd that I prefer the skinny jeans in the first photo?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

to Maryanne:@10:04

Thank you so much!!
You're great!! :)

Greetings
Helena

 

Anonymous Tina said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Great Shots!

But, come on.... does it really have to be flared leg jeans again?? Still sick of wearing them!

 

Blogger pobox607 said ... (11:46 AM) : 

bring back the flare!

 

Blogger Mrs Vintage said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Super great!

www.mrs-vintage.com

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (12:20 PM) : 

i love the flare - my fav. jeans are flared/high waisted. so chic, retro.

thecoffeeexperiment.com

 

Blogger Riot.EXE said ... (12:53 PM) : 

What's with all this "are they back" / "are they not back" nonsense? If that's what you like to wear and you know you look good in it, then you need to rock that shit. Don't be a slave to what's "trendy"...just do you.

 

Anonymous luna said ... (2:00 PM) : 

You see when it comes to jeans it should be more about the practicality not the trend. Skinnies should be for winter because they don't get wet on the hems and they work with all your boots, e.g. the second picture
And flares in spring and summer when our taste runs more bohemian in the warmer weather, and also they look great with wedges and heels, whereas skinnies not so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I hate when fashion gets so unaturally 'fashion concerned' and these kind of pants are an example, the ladies in the pictures make the most of them though.

 

Blogger aga said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Nice! You inspired me, and I'm trying to make my own blog :)

www.agasstuff.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Fabi said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Geraldine & Emmanuelle..loveee their style!The photos are amazing, I'm into flared pants..and the birkin just LOVE
http://smallfashiondoses.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

My favourite were called Chemin De Fer (not sure if the spelling is correct). Was so thrilled when i saw Mackenzie Phillips (a la One Day At A Time) wearing the same pair.
Ahhh, those were the (flair) days.
PS. Last pair is J Brand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Hurrah! They look great! I just found a fabulous pair o' flares at a local thrift store, brand new! :)

 

Blogger Jeanine Reyes said ... (9:51 PM) : 

I absolutely love! So excited for this new trend!

http://jeaninereyes.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous LC123 said ... (10:18 PM) : 

I remember wearing very wide bells in 6th grade, and tripping on them as I climbed up stairs. They look good here!

 

Blogger Haylee said ... (11:16 PM) : 

I'm so excited for this trend to come back in. Granted I live in Utah so I will have to wait a couple more months for it to catch on but still, it's coming!

 

Blogger Fash Boulevard said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Loving the flare look. I was happy when it went out... but now I'm glad that it's coming back! Love the options in denim world!

I would love if you could check out my blog...

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

And don't forget to follow us on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:18 AM) : 

Excellent point/counterpoint in the first photo

 

Blogger My Unfinished Life said ... (2:23 AM) : 

thank god i kept my pair of jean flares (levi's) all these years and sheer coincidence that i took them out earlier this year and they are back in fashion!!!!

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (6:38 AM) : 

i honestly do not like the flared jeans look. they come back every few years, but it's just not very flattering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

See why you shouldn't wear them in wet weather?

 

Blogger amanda said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I love that girls are wearing these falres, they look so fresh. Also with a high waist and platform shoe they are very sexy!!

I want some!

 

Anonymous Melanieee said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I hate flare jeans. I don't know why. I always go for the straight leg.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

nice pics!
do the know that you make the pictures? :D

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Love the contrast in the first pic between the skinny and the flare!

 

Anonymous Olga said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Although I feel it's too early for a comeback, the third one is gorgeous denim and has excellent fit! Does anyone know the brand? Does it have pink stitching on the belt loop?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

I like to wear flares, but only with the tallest of heels. For any kitten or flats i wear my skinnies. Come to think of it, these ladies are doing that too.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (12:00 AM) : 

I am loving the return of the flares...
It's been far too long!
Finally, I don't have to fit into the skinny jeans anymore!

Love,
Barbara

www.thehousewifewannabe.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:50 AM) : 

want some so bad, but still looking for the perfect pair!

http://www.informalthing.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

The jeans on the last picture are J Brand, you can tell by the green stitching on the back of the waist band. The first two pictures could be J Brand too, possibly their Love Story style.

 

Blogger Laurie said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Excited about the bell-bottoms for Spring ! I feel like a pony in them ...

http://mouthmotions.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

The combination of the NAVY COAT and thr pants are amazing. Where can I get a coat like that?

 

Blogger The Clothes Horse said ... (2:41 PM) : 

These outfits are just fantastic. Not over the top or anything but they're so well crafted. Sophisticated and simple. Does anyone have any idea where that aviator jacket comes from? It's beautiful!

 

Blogger lauermar said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Last year, I travelled throughout Italy and France and never saw anything other than skinny jeans. It's nice to see flares back again as an option.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

The first picture is amazing

 

Blogger Corilu Designs said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Wow I can't believe they are back. I loved my bell bottoms in high school! I knew I should have kept them! (Well fitting into them is another story)

 

Anonymous b said ... (11:08 PM) : 

i love the 2nd pic. anyone know what brand they are?

 

Blogger Collections said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I love this new trend wide legged pants are awesome. I always knew they'd make a comeback.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Bailey Hospodor said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Love the last pair of jeans!


http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/
http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/
http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/

xoxo

 

Blogger Benoit said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I believe the first Lady is wearing a Burberry Flyjacket, I love them so much! It's enough to create a style

 

Anonymous Michelle Bartlett said ... (3:49 PM) : 

amo essas calças !!♥

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Flares make super skinny legs look even more so, and IMO that's not a good thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) : 

They look nice on these women but I think because they are all very thin. I like the 2nd shot best. In general I am tired of jeans. I wonder when, if ever, they will be completely out of style, irregardless of the cut?

 

Blogger Aubrey and Melissa said ... (12:26 AM) : 

I am so incredibly happy this style is coming back in, I was getting a little tired of straight legs. These look great!

 

Anonymous fashion urbia said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Love the top picture of the two women with opposite extremes for the jeans. I do love the flare jeans and so glad to be getting away from skinny ones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Are those Vigoss Jeans at the bottom???? I love them!

 

Blogger Claudia Cristofori said ... (12:01 PM) : 

70s are back! Great post as ever!! http://www.torinotrendy.com

 

Anonymous Lili said ... (1:10 PM) : 

love it!!!

 

Blogger shesinfashion said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I love that these are back! Great blog, btw, though I'm sure everyone says that!

www.iconiquemtl.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FashionInvites said ... (12:32 AM) : 

These flares are hot, definitely love the 2nd photo. Gorgeous yet simple! :)

www.fashioninvites.com

 

Anonymous Edelweissnyc said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I am so happy to see bells again!

 

Blogger pinky said ... (9:42 AM) : 

those big bells are ringing mine!

 

Blogger Little Lovables said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I love these, so long as they aren't 70's huge, but the dark, classic cuts are lovely.

 

Blogger Shannon Elle said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Love all three photos...BUT in the first photo, I couldn't tell who that was with Emmanuelle Alt...been trying to figure it out since you posted. Geraldine Saglio!!! They look great in this photo with the perfect contrast and compliment to one another. ♥

http://www.branchandroot.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Luana said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Un ritorno degli anni 70'! Mi piace!!! ^_^

 

Anonymous Kosmonaut said ... (7:23 PM) : 

The revival of the revival - yawn...

 

Blogger blue said ... (11:55 PM) : 

Hot Tamale! Time to bust out the wide legs again.

xo

Très Awesome
www.tresawesome.com

 

Blogger xiao said ... (1:50 AM) : 

yep...gotta love bellbottoms...they are back:)

 

Anonymous ak said ... (2:35 AM) : 

The girl in the 1st pic to the left is a young Babs Streisand. Well hello Gaw-jess! LOL

I only like either skinny jeans or wide leg jeans where the whole leg is actually wide and baggier.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Very beautiful to see the different amount of fabric used for the legs and it works, narrow or wide, and to see them next to each other.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

The fashion industry has been pushing the flare for the past few years. They're going to keep pushing until every women in American buys a pair. I'm so sick of trends.

 

Anonymous Vanessa Mary said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Skinny jeans are atrocious unless one is actually skinny! Viva la flare! Thrilled to see them back in again. I never stopped wearing them really, but when skinnies were everywhere I just started wearing dresses all the time!

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Yes, they are back! :))) I love flares. Now I will finally enjoy wearing jeans and pants again. :)

 

Blogger 4eyeblogabout said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Working this. Has always been a fan of flares. But thought against it since I thought it looked best on girls with thin long pins. But I managed to figure out getting them couple inches longer and got me some platform wedges (MORE assuring than the stilettos when walking about)...so yeap yeap...working it an thinking I would be sticking to it for a long time to come.

 

Blogger irinapriporina said ... (3:48 AM) : 

The first image is great.

However, the real issue to address here is that of everyone is always overlooking or not knowing about the jeans brand MiH when looking for 70's flares. I bought a pair of the Marrakesh flare in that brand from shopbop.com and I think they are amazing. The color is a nice dark even rinse that's on point, and they make your butt look SUPER and pair great with a nice button down to give it that modern look. Highly recommend those for any ladies looking for a pair of 70's flares.

 

Anonymous Tante Olivie said ... (1:36 PM) : 

I'll be drawing the ladies in image #1 in charcoal, then ink. the clothes have as much gesture as the figures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

love flares, they make legs look miles long, and love them even more w/a pointy stiletto - that way the feet don't ghost away under them

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting