This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Scene....Lots of Dots, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 03, 2011

On the Scene....Lots of Dots, Milan

Comments on "On the Scene....Lots of Dots, Milan"

 

Blogger adambryant said ... (8:54 AM) : 

top woman: phenomenal colour sense!

middle woman: i am in love.

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (8:55 AM) : 

wow!
I love this so much!

xx http://www.jnsoo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Trou, .ma petite cherie said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Being a huge fan of polka-dots, these are major, major love! I love the mix of patterns, textures, and colors. Fabulous shots and finds here!

 

Blogger Artfully Awear said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Wow, what a great mix in the first look!

 

Anonymous rubina said ... (8:59 AM) : 

interesting combination of dots and stripes ..

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:59 AM) : 

The first shot is particualrly wonderful. Love the colours and the mix.

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:04 AM) : 

One must take care not to let dots become dowdy-looking (center photo). Woman in the top photo nails it with tailoring, quality fabric, blouse, and lipstick!

 

Blogger This is Belgium said ... (9:05 AM) : 

greetings from brussels
anni
http://whatisbelgium.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous La Femme Française said ... (9:07 AM) : 

love the dots!

 

Blogger San said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I just love dots.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Wow that woman in the first photo is absolutely stunning.

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (9:15 AM) : 

omg so inspired to mix stripes with dots!!

xoxo,
F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Polka dots done right= utter sophistication!! xx meenal

 

Blogger Taylor said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Looove the dotted collar. What a whimsical look on such a classic structure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

i love this too! it is so happy. her glasses are sick.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Love when you post series like this one! Nice!

 

Anonymous mistartist said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I love dots. They make great pictures !

 

Blogger Lilly said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Beautiful! The first photo is great, love the red lips!

 

Anonymous Ode to a Macaron said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Love the red lip

 

Blogger jackie said ... (9:28 AM) : 

i love the blend of patterns and colors of the first image, and i i love the hat and contrast of colors in the second one- i also loveeee her expression! too cute! wonderful morning posts!

 

Blogger Jeanne-Ange said ... (9:29 AM) : 

growing up and getting mroe mature, makes me love the milanese street style more and more.
And you always capture the details so well!
Thanks for being there Mr. Schuhman.

 

Blogger fashioneggpplant said ... (9:33 AM) : 

love the mix of prints in the first photo!

join my StiLa giveaway!!!
http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Miss Tongue said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Beautiful ladies. Where do they buy their clothes? And having the hair up like they do, adds to their stylishness. I like!

misstongue.blogspot.com

 

Blogger hp said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Love the 3rd piece of burgundy with white polka dots! I don't see this colour combination so often.

And I NEVER knew dots and stripes could EVER work together! But the 2nd piece...hmmm, too many dots for me.

http://le-chic-boutique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger La_Flaneuse said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Love how you captured this pattern! From the subtle pop out collar to the bold head to toe...fabulous!

Bubbs...

www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ursula Manning said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Love these combinations!!

http://ursula-manning.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Fashion Is Passion by Poison said ... (9:43 AM) : 

I'm a fan of poker dots!

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Interesting mixes. First one is my fav. Slowly it is growing on me.

 

Blogger The Wh0le Story said ... (9:47 AM) : 

That first outfit is so brilliant. And that 3rd one looks like a comfy, beautiful dream :o)

 

Blogger Recycle Boutique said ... (9:56 AM) : 

beautiful pictures! love the second!

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (10:01 AM) : 

great captures, especially the second photo. I love her coat!

 

Blogger Sophie Delphis said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Stripes and polka dots are two of my great weaknesses...

 

Blogger Sabrina Tassini said ... (10:06 AM) : 

i love the last one!!wonderful!

patchworkporter.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mary said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Love the first combo but that last pic is perfect, real clothes for real women pulled together perfectly - off to find a blouse like that!

 

Blogger Cynthia Fox-Giddens said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Great looks especially the first photo. Her style is right on!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Second is such an adorable girl!

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (10:18 AM) : 

So inspiring. Great photos!

http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous ash said ... (10:19 AM) : 

polka dots head to toe is sexy!

http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I liked all three but especially the girl with the hat, loved her facial expression.

 

Blogger CZYTAJ Z UST said ... (10:29 AM) : 

The first outfit is surprising and strange but I like it!

 

Blogger Michelle Lee said ... (10:31 AM) : 

blurs my eyes lol
cute styles

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (10:35 AM) : 

love the first girl's tangerine red lipstick as well...

www.thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Clemence and me said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I love these pictures, very beautiful!!

 

Blogger anthony said ... (10:42 AM) : 

All lovely. The one at the top is so, so dashing. Thanx!

 

Blogger The Wild Fairy said ... (10:49 AM) : 

These are so late 1970's, early '80's! But, somehow, they manage to look much fresher and nicer looking now! Lovely photos. ~Siobhan

 

Blogger Gabrielle Pascua said ... (10:49 AM) : 

A la Marc Jacobs, no doubt! So au courant!

These photos are so charming and endearing...no one could capture their personalities as you do!

xx Gaby

 

Blogger sarah said ... (10:49 AM) : 

aww i love the dots! these women all look so chic.

http://www.speakmylanguages.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Love, love, love the first image! So inspired to try clashing my patterned clothing as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

top pic love a PJ look she has great taste

 

Blogger I'm a girl said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Jersy camel, con camisa de lunares! increible, me encanta!




http://13vanillacandles.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger The Fashion Camera said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Particularly love the first pic - it's not easy to match stripes and dots and she has pulled it off magnificently. The softness of the fabrics help.

Again, well done on the excellent composition and capturing "the moment" of these women. I wrote that article about your uncanny ability in my blog. Check it out. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful photos, and colors- However the actually outfits look a bit tacky to me. I don't know if its the spots, or the arrangements that remind me of thrift store polyester goods from the late seventies early eighties. Just a thought!

 

Blogger The Fancy Teacup said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Dots with stripes? Wow, she effortlessly pulled that off. Each of the outfits looks so ladylike and demure.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

 

Anonymous T H E F A T T A C K said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I love dots. One of the best prints ever.

 

Blogger Ms. Magor said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I LOVE IT!!

http://elblogdemagor.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (11:50 AM) : 

The are all beautiful, feminine...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I normally don't like polka dots, but I think the pattern and colour of the blouse in third photo provides a wonderful accent to her outfit.

 

Blogger c.o.a said ... (11:57 AM) : 

In love with these looks!

guiltlessbeauty.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I love polka dots but none of these combinations looks appealing to me. I think these pix pretty much sum up what women normally do with this print: they either go over-the-top (pic 1), or create cliche outfits (ultra-feminine like on pic 2 or grandma-ish like on pic 3). The purple shirt on the last pic looks promising, though.

 

Anonymous Ururu Kaigo said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I love dots!!

http://team-foodies.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Your blog this days really has make my evenings, great people, great dots, LOVE IT!! congratulations!!

 

Anonymous Maureen French said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I love the use of pattern on pattern in the first pic...fantastique! also love the mixing of pattern and textures in pics 2 & 3, very effective.


www.maureenfrench.com/wordpress/

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I think i'll always love polka dots :)

sjterrell.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous mll mag said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Beautiful pics...

Thks for the pic at Balmain show.. ;)))
http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=5891

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I the shirt in the first one. And I'm glad to see polka dots worn effectively and not being bludgeoned over the head with them.

 

Blogger the coolbirth kid said ... (12:27 PM) : 

i love these women you've photographed!
in particular,
i rather like the oatmeal-y jacket with fur sleeves.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:34 PM) : 

OMG! Risky, daring and totally perfect! Polka dots and stripes in browns and blues...LOVE! Just been inspired!

 

Blogger Christelle Jouvel said ... (12:52 PM) : 

simply amazing! all these people dare!

 

Blogger agata said ... (12:59 PM) : 

definitely my favourite print. i'm in love with these looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Cute!

 

Blogger Anna-bird said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I need dots and spots NOW.

http://anna-gemutlichkeit.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Macha said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Des pois des pois des pois ! Comme au défilé Marc Jacobs de l'hiver prochain... Ces demoiselles sont donc en avance sur leur saison !

Some peas, some spot, and both of them ! As in the Marc Jacobs' fashion show for the next winter... These ladies are ahead of their season !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:32 PM) : 

de jolies tenues très chics :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

I love polka dots, always have. I used to have a midnight blue polka dotted shirt that I wore until it wore out. But it was the '70's...

 

Blogger Scorpion Disco said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Spotted! Love it. I wore big retro polka dots this weekend on a winter beach trip.

http://www.scorpiondisco.com/2011/03/lifes-beach-im-just-playing-in-sand.html

hope you'll check it out!

Cheers,
renata

scorpiondisco.com

 

Blogger fashionxxi said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Nice pics!

 

Blogger LoveE ♥ said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Absolutely adore the second look, and the first look is gorgeous too!

http://luxecouture05.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger FBJ said ... (2:01 PM) : 

i will never get tired of polka dots!

xoxo
jO
http://fashionbyjo.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ginger said ... (2:06 PM) : 

So beautiful! I love to see that other people are loving the same trends that I am. It's totally validating. :)


creambyginger.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Love the polka dots!!

www.CelebrityOwned.com

 

Blogger Neifile said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Love the second photo! It's very classic ;)

www.neifilef.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Laura Jane said ... (2:53 PM) : 

j'adore!! My friends don't get it when I show up in mixed prints...little do they know! It's hot stuff! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

I have been looking everywhere for a GOOD Swiss dot oxford shirt. It seems like the kind of thing Marc Jacobs would make, but I am still waiting. All I can find is K-Mart.

Chloe Sevigny wore a magnificent Isaac Mizrahi Swiss dot gown to the day time Emmys in 2010. It was the best red carpet look I'd seen in years. So fresh.

 

Blogger Amy Creyer said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Print mixing is one of my favorite styling techniques. I love when you create post using different people's photos centered on a theme.

Great photos, as always.

http://www.chicagostreetstyle.com/

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I love polka dots, especially with stripes. It's so chic.
My Heart Blogged

 

Blogger David Diaz said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I love the dots and stripes combination in the first photo!

Have a Good Day!

David

VirtuallyStunning.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I am making a blouse like the 1st lady but navey blue and chiffon :)

http://somwhereinbrighton.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Aubrey and Melissa said ... (9:50 PM) : 

That first outfit is PERFECT! and yet I never would have thought to put those together myself. Simple stunning.

 

Blogger KimChicSisters said ... (10:32 PM) : 

love the second photo!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/decor-lovin.html

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (12:56 AM) : 

It's always great to see fashion from a man's point of view. I'm so used to seeing it through a woman's pair of glasses, but this is definitely a breath of fresh air

Denim + Cotton

 

Blogger CINCHED AT THE WAIST said ... (1:25 AM) : 

i see london i see france, i see dots and stripes at dance!

 

Blogger KC said ... (2:07 AM) : 

i like the dots. they're cute.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ECLECchic said ... (3:34 AM) : 

I go crazy for the dots!! this combinations are gorgeous, is really an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Maestro Curtis said ... (3:47 AM) : 

I love how these women make mixing patterns and textures look so effortless - Not just the clothes, but their hair and make up, not too fussy. It's inspiring.

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (3:59 AM) : 

Me likey!

I like how they mixed the dots up. Great combinations and textures.

 

Blogger Tayler Worrell said ... (4:21 AM) : 

love love love.
definitely going into my inspiration folder :)

-- Style Interplay

 

Blogger Alexander Daniel Designs said ... (6:52 AM) : 

Very nice indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I love polka dots!

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (12:30 PM) : 

love polka dots

 

Blogger Jose said ... (2:33 PM) : 

The first lady in dots - is oh so beautiful! Love at first site! What a great smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Rei was on this seasons ago.

 

Blogger Adrianna Traxler said ... (4:26 PM) : 

that first look is ingenious, totally inspired to try a similar look

 

Blogger Mary said ... (5:32 PM) : 

J'aime ce style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

After looking at many of your photos of collections, and then seeing this series of people on the street--vibrant, smiling, warm...I must admit to finding the street photos the ones I am continually drawn to. People expressing themselves through their clothing choices and not just a single person's vision displayed on models devoid of expression is your strength and certainly my favorite part of this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

very nice. I especially like the detail on the clutch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

I LOVE, I LOVE!! Polka dots are my absolute favourite pattern. Can't get enough of them and they never fail to knock me out.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:41 PM) : 

Beautiful shot, stunning models. Polka dotted dotted dotted. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

Now that's ladylike!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 AM) : 

Just thinking dotted swiss and Jack Daniel's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

Wow, that's really cool!

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Red lips are luocious

www.coolneeded.com

 

Blogger joshylola said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Jeje I love dots :-D

 

Blogger Paula said ... (2:33 PM) : 

charming hat, dots and smile!
i first thought of England during WWII

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

love the hat, dots and smile. all very charming. reminds me of England during WWII

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

i love all the polka dots! inspring me to check out the markets around town for something as fun. and the photography, per normal, is wonderful!
xoxo
sadie

secondtroy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous A Girl, A Style said ... (6:25 AM) : 

What a lovely little series. And I've never - in real life or online - seen Caroline Issa (top) looking anything other than fun and perfectly put together. This is a woman with that elusive innate sense of style.

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.com

 

Blogger The AstroCat said ... (7:49 AM) : 

I love this post! I'm in love with dod's

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

The last one is my favourite. This I would like to wear in about 10 years.Now I am 61.

 

Blogger Léonie. said ... (12:13 PM) : 

The polka dots and lipstick combo is scrumptious. The girl is the middle looks fab - loving the sleeves.

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (2:55 PM) : 

One word, Amazing!

 

Blogger Riku Oshima said ... (6:48 PM) : 

I will go to milan next month and take a snap! Your photograph was bubbling with expectation me.

 

Anonymous ak said ... (9:38 PM) : 

She looks wonderful. OMG I so want super-large perfectly round sunglasses like hers or maybe even bigger but annoyingly enough I can only find the small round sunglasses! Grrrr!

 

Anonymous ak said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Sorry. The first person looked great but I was really referring to the second person before! LOL

 

Anonymous ak said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Oh! My apologies, I'm so silly. I meant the THIRD person was who I was referring too from many comments ago! LOL ha ha haaaaa xD It's late where I am!

 

Blogger Gina A. said ... (5:27 AM) : 

Two of my favorites: polka dots and stripes! Gorgeous.
xx

 

Anonymous Barbara said ... (5:42 AM) : 

I like the first pic! It's so hard to mix stripes with dots. The other day I bought a dress with stripes (similar to this one: http://www.fashionis.com/catalog/product/view/id/35188/s/25-10-maurizio-collection-dresses )
The thing is: I always wear it a jeans jacket, it's so normal... I want to find a more interesting a creative style. Your blog is so inspiring!

Ciao from a Brazilian in Italy :)

Barbara

 

Blogger Fabi said ... (11:54 AM) : 

beautiful pictures!!I just fell in love with the first one and the other two are great too!
http://smallfashiondoses.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Hi, does anybody know who's the designer of the first outfit?

 

Anonymous diaboliqueguan said ... (6:39 AM) : 

Thanks to Rei Kawakubo, everyone is just on domino-dots effect. People should just wear Comme des Garcon, instead of the rip-offs.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting