This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Mugler Fall 2011

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Mugler Fall 2011

So, is Mugler back?
How long till we're all discussing the Montana comeback?

Comments on "Mugler Fall 2011"

 

Anonymous Ugne said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Love these models.

 

Blogger † Faire La Gueule † said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Been waiting for this too long, my inspiration is back!
Mugler is THE VISIONAIRE

 

Blogger Judy C said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Sorry, but the plastic look leaves me cold. Literally. And I wonder if shoes will get any higher.

 

Blogger Miss Molly said ... (8:45 AM) : 

oh wow.. what i would of given to be here!

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Mugler is back.
Still the Montana signature, tortured, 3D, exaggerated silhouette, aliens.... but au retour des temps modernes! Gaga has found her new designer!
Inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

mugler was sexy as hell. very different but cool.


http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Every single outfit is making me think of Lady Gaga...if that's a good thing..Mugler is certainly back!! xx meenal

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (8:53 AM) : 

The show was amazing and Lady Gaga's debut added a lot to the intensity and wow-factor of the show! I thought it was really great that they streamed the show live on the Internet!

http://fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger tee said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Are all of the models looking down because of the precarious/insane shoes that they're wearing?

 

Blogger San said ... (9:07 AM) : 

really interesting and futuristic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

wheere can i find the shoesssss??
im in love

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

So which came first, the Gaga or the Mugler? Very forward thinking in either case....

 

Blogger Taylor said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I'm surprised the exaggerated shoulder isn't out already!

 

Anonymous kootenay~mountain~mama said ... (9:34 AM) : 

i remember loving this look when if
made the first rounds in the late 70's . . .
what a futuristic departure from it was from the
60's designs . . . i loved it then, but
fashion has become way since ~ this is more like
a dream remembered ~

the only modernization i see now is the
wonderful footwear . . .

 

Blogger hp said ... (9:35 AM) : 

So structural! Echoed by the room full of pillars and arches!

http://le-chic-boutique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ursula Manning said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I think it's only a show, it isn't new...

http://ursula-manning.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Karvest said ... (9:49 AM) : 

this spring dots everywhere!! i have a very similar shirt to the girl in the first photo I bought at Sandro...I have worn it thousands of times! :)

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Love how the models are wearing it but still confused as to whether I like the clothes at all.

 

Anonymous Fredda said ... (9:54 AM) : 

great look. All the models have perfect breasts also.

 

Blogger Anita said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I think the show was incredible! Nicola Formichetti did an excellent work and Lady Gaga was superlative as usual! Really really amazing....I'm totally in love!

 

Anonymous Camille said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Ah! I see we've found Lady Gaga's latest wardrobe!

 

Blogger ImaginaryHighHeels said ... (10:22 AM) : 

OMG
I'm in love!!!
it's divine
:D
imaginary-high-heels.blogspot.com

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (10:24 AM) : 

It's funny that earlier this week i going through some of Mugler's early works with model Jerry Hall, now this. I'm glad you caught the show, not insane about Gaga but I'm excited about the future of the brand.

 

Blogger Gabrielle Pascua said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Wow! I didn't even notice the Montana silhouette and lines (no doubt due to my fascination with everything else that was going on)! That would definitely be something to look forward to.

But I have to admit, Formichetti is definitely the ideal fit for Mugler, and if it's making it's revival (after HOW MANY YEARS?!) I would definitely be ecstatic.

xx Gaby

 

Blogger sarah said ... (10:52 AM) : 

idk its just all very gaga and the plastic (i agree w/ the comment above) does leave me feeling cold. who else besides gaga would wear this?

http://www.speakmylanguages.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous proletaRIn Great Gatsby said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Oh thank you for this come back.Mugler has still a lot to show and to teach.I remember a picture i take form his boutique when i was my first time in Paris in 1995.

 

Anonymous laraine@eddfam.com said ... (11:11 AM) : 

I'm going to start saving my plastic milk jugs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I love art, I love fashion, and I love new. However, I respectively must say, all of those together must be flattering on one's body. This futuristic look is very cool, but I don't see anyone wearing this out on the street, nor do I anticipate this becoming a trend to the fullest extent. I would be more impressed with someone who could combine the futuristic look with a more practical approach. Anyone can put plastic on a model and say its high fashion. Not anyone can use plastic and fabric to look, fresh, flattering and fashionable. I'm not trying to be offensive or disrespectful to this designer in any way, this is only my opinion of the "Gaga" trends.

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (11:19 AM) : 

retro-furturistic.

 

Blogger Anastasios said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Nice photos Scott. At last I saw Mugler's creations as they were. I saw some in an other blog and I thought WTF????
But no, Mugler did it again, great creations!
Thanks a lot for sharing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I'm dying for a Montana comeback.

 

Anonymous marcel said ... (12:01 PM) : 

where amateurism meets pretentiouness...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Fantastic heels!

 

Blogger Jessy Mercedes said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I'm in love with this collection!

 

Anonymous N said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I loved the clothes. Don't think Gaga's performance added anything and the music didn't fit at all but the clothes are very gaga-esque, very boundary pushing. Will be watching him

 

Anonymous Ewa said ... (12:26 PM) : 

And where is Lady Gaga?! :)

 

Blogger V.V. said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Mugler is defently back, with it's futuristic-alien look!!!!

v.v.
http://fashiondoseblog.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I am waiting for the proper resurrection of Maud Frizon.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I believe that now is too soon to say if Mugler is come back but surely a stylist like Fornicheti and his friendship with Gaga help the maison a lot.

maybe exagerate looks but cool!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I hope there is a Montana comeback. My boyfriend and I were having lunch in Paris a month ago and through the snow, a man in a moustache and red bomber jacket came to the window by our table.

He waved at us, we waved back, he blew us a kiss and kept walking.

Then I realised that that was Claude Montana. He's sweet, I have no idea what his designs look like these days, but I wish him all the best.

 

Anonymous HV said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Very "emperor's new clothes" if you ask me. Half these girl are wrapped in cling film.

 

Anonymous Mira said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I think the show and the clothes were all amazing. Special thanks for the live internet streaming - especially for the backstage shooting. Felt like I was there..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Its cool collection but i dont see any new proposal or something edgy reminds me jean paul gaultier older collectons . I think is more the fact that lady gaga appeared on the runway that got so many attention.

 

Blogger Alex Adamson said ... (4:10 PM) : 

I love the first one. The last one feels a little gimmicky to me!

akadamson.blogspot.com

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Honestly it all feels like it's for Lady Gaga. I understand she is an icon but give me something fresh.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Wow, those shoulders! So strong!

xo thefashionguitar

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

I don't get it. It's all a rehash of ever thing we've seen in the last few years from Rick Owens to Olivier Theyskens@nina ricci Gareth Pugh to Margiela. The only exception is he's showing more skin. I remember Mugler from the 90's and it was all about creating something spectacular. this kinda fell short from that. Putting Lady Gaga on stage I guess validates what he's doing, NOT!!!

 

Anonymous Sophie Mhabille said ... (6:19 PM) : 

yeah so 80's!

 

Blogger Jerrica said ... (6:21 PM) : 

So this is where Lady Gaga gets her pieces from. Amazing.

dearest,
http://fashionnostalgia.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Elegant Daily said ... (8:44 PM) : 

What an eclectic mix of styles! But I am not sure I care for the clingy, breast revealing dresses, kind of strange, and maybe too science fiction.

I am going to share this post with my fashion readers.

 

Blogger aimee said ... (8:54 PM) : 

All I can say is wow Wonderful fashion photos Love this!
aimee
http://unfussychic.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous princessglee said ... (9:06 PM) : 

Very rah rah Lady Gah-gah.
Not sure if I like it, however I admire people who have the courage to follow thier convictions.

 

Anonymous Toby cummings said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I thought it was phenomenal. Gaga only added to the show. I love the futuristic aesthetic!

 

Blogger Mars said ... (9:58 PM) : 

This is the kind of fashion only the visionaries can fully understand. The best part for me is Lady Gaga's participation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

I'm very happy to see emphasis on shoulders in so many of these runway shows. Shoulders can be a great asset! Pad up those shoulders and your hips immediately look slimmer by contrast.....a V-shape. Very flattering silhoettes here. The last photo is out of this world.....nothing one is likely to see on the street but it is superb design and I love it as concept!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Only Lady Gaga would wear this

 

Blogger Molly said ... (1:51 AM) : 

uh, i do not think this guy (mugler) is back.

robotically thin.

the harsh angles make me worried that computers are really going to take over humanity

where is the whimsy?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

Mugler and Montana were huge in the 80s. The party was over by the mid nineties. The problem both designers faced was that their particular ( call it futuristic - I felt that with Mugler, there was also a certain romanticisme ) style could not evolve. It was bound to a silhouette, that heavely emphasized on the shoulder. All tries by both designers to adjust their silhouettes to the Zeitgeist did fail. It was by the admiration of a younger generation of designers like the late Mr. Mcqueen that had put the Mugler look back on the map in the 2000s. So it does not surprise that Lady Gaga runs at the forefront. Mugler does what he does brilliant. His greates asset is also his biggest problem. Right now it is fresh to an audience who were wearing diapers when it first happened. If both Mugler (and Montana - if there should be a comeback) do not have more tricks up their sleeves for the future, it will be a short comeback.

 

Blogger Joanna Paulsen said ... (4:00 AM) : 

The shoulders!

http://slackandlack.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Erin said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I'm sorry, I can't love this line. It's too much, and not in a good way. What a contrast to the luxurious, lovely jewel tones and furs of some of the other shows! I don't find anything fresh or exciting here, just strange and in no way wearable.

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (12:36 PM) : 

interesting shoulder details - not for everyone

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (1:26 PM) : 

The brand is back, but in a diluted way. It's not as bold as the original. It will take a few seasons before we can tell whether Mugler is back for good.

Let's wait & see for Montana... It entirely depends on who owns it but the fact there has been so much press around the book suggest something is going on!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

from the beginning to the end: NO

 

Blogger JB said ... (4:17 PM) : 

After all, he's back.

http://jbjoacimbostrom.com

 

Blogger Mariangela Bello said ... (4:36 PM) : 

wonderful!!! ;-)

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (5:53 PM) : 

So, (thinking out loud here) there's been this fringe trend for a while of really altering/distorting the body with gauges, horn implants, scar-tattos, wings, hardware, etc. I think he's imagining the inevitable progression of that trend as it gets extended to a more outrageous level. Instead of breast implants, what if people started getting camel humps on their shoulders? Or bracelets implanted under the skin? Or...? None of us ever could have predicted that people would voluntarily have their tongues surgically split, or poke holes the size dimes in their nostrils, but it's fast moving inward from the fringes. Am I stating the obvious? Anyway, this is to say I think the designer is working through an interesting and relevant exploration.

 

Blogger mike frederik said ... (6:49 PM) : 

mugler is mugler in a new and different way..but careful a stylist is not a designer ...and a best of show with some updates to the state of art could not already open new way to success....will see how the story goes !

 

Anonymous Swan said ... (2:27 AM) : 

Love the see thru.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:20 AM) : 

I'm sorry but this just looks like it was from the lady gaga cookie cutter collection

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Good grief. there is a difference between costume design and fashion design. There is for many designers an overlap and there should not be, as far as I'm concerned.

This fellow should work for movies or theatre.

 

Blogger SaraKateSwan said ... (1:11 PM) : 

This is pure inspiration!

www.beautifulstreets.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Stepho said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Lady Gaga will definitely be utilizing this collection.

 

Blogger Paula said ... (1:02 PM) : 

AHHHH!!! I LOVE MUGLER!!!! Oh my goodness. My dreams of being a beautiful space alien come true in his fashions. Oh. Wow. OK. I'm OK.

 

Blogger JIM Designs said ... (2:04 PM) : 

The beige/nude blouse is amazing! Wonder how its made? http://engreidadesigns.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

The new lead designer for Mugler is Nicola Formichetti, Gaga's stylist. This collection is beautiful. Great photos as always, I appreciate the updates on the runway shows for inspiration!

 

Anonymous ak said ... (9:35 PM) : 

I love the hair and eye makeup on these models, and I love the beige top, black sirt, and great shoes combo pic, and the long white dress. The pic at the end looks very Lady Gaga, I wonder if Mugler did make that see through outfit for her then? Hmmm.

When I worked in retail a long time ago, once in a great while I used to see Thierry Mugler come into the shop I used to work in. He seemed to be OK attitude-wise.

 

Blogger Simen said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I watched the live-stream, and the show was great :) Can't say I found all the creations very special, but some of them were great.

 

Blogger kathrynnova said ... (4:20 PM) : 

can't it be called FORMICHETTI?

i'm having a difficult time finding the MUGLER....

worldrunway.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Mama'sBoy said ... (10:55 PM) : 

Mugler (who I never liked), is back

 

Anonymous diaboliqueguan said ... (8:04 AM) : 

I doubt Mugler is back. Maybe it is just the first collection, maybe there is still a big lacking of creativity, which is overshadowed by Lady Gaga's presence. Thierry Mugler inspired the artists he used for his shows, not the other way around. He always made his models look like a creature unlike no other. I wish he comes back, not just the brand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

is the last model Aussie boy Andrej Pejic?...a boy has perfect breasts?

There are elements of the collection that excite me but I too am not fazed by the "Gaga" trend. Plastic not fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I think it is very wearable!!! The shoes are tall, but its mostly platform, not arch. Its the high arches that are terrible to wear. Platforms are actually very comfortable. I like the idea of an interesting bracelet or armlet underneath a thin mesh turtleneck. I think it would look lovely with a white bodycon skirt and those shoes. Just tone down a very little bit, and its classy and perfect for summer. What is with you people? Just because Lady gaga is involved does not mean its crazy and not wearable. All shows exaggerate looks.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting