This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Haider Ackermann Fall 2011

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 07, 2011

Haider Ackermann Fall 2011

What a great follow-up to his outstanding Spring 2011 show. Right now, Haider Ackermann is the collection to beat for Best Show of the Season.



Comments on "Haider Ackermann Fall 2011"

 

Blogger Kira Lilly said ... (3:35 PM) : 

most incredible collection

 

Blogger pdrajdev said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Love love love this collection! I don't know if this is the best show this season, I still think Gucci was amazing!!

www.pdrajdev.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (3:38 PM) : 

BEAUTIFUL clothes and show!!

xo
http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous salomé said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Magic ;D

http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Anonymous pmg said ... (3:44 PM) : 

damn it sart, this is great and all but how about some sweet street photography??

www.postmoderngentleman.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

an incredible collection! I just love the loose knotted draping and the sparkly detail. Also colorful and dark. Gosh I love it

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Beautiful colors and fabrics,I can see why you liked the collection

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (3:47 PM) : 

just so beautiful, amazing!
i love your photos!

xx http://www.jnsoo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 PM) : 

gorgeous colour palette. love the mix of textures!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable. blogspot.com

 

Blogger disco in moscow said ... (3:48 PM) : 

amazing pics!

disco-in-moscow.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Vass Ildikó said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Huh,they are just breathtaking!!I have a feeling like I watching an artist finest pieces,like they are the masterpieces.
Again,I love the different the shades,like a shadow-light techinque.He can use the materials as well ,for sure.
I would totally wear these creations:))

 

Blogger CAYA said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Well, you might be right on this one.

 

Anonymous Elisabeth - Everything's Better with Frosting said ... (4:02 PM) : 

This would be a fantastic collection to play dress up in. Love the deep, saturated tones and all that structure.

 

Anonymous Key said ... (4:02 PM) : 

The color - so sophisticated! Is that a leather muffler on the first model? Beyond fantastic.

 

Blogger Agne/アグネ said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Wow, lovely fabrics!

 

Blogger Karena said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Adore the fabrics and color palette

Not my cup of tea, though truly see the beauty...

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 

Blogger Mandy Mae said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Simply stunning. I want the first look from head to toE!

 

Blogger Vass Ildikó said ... (4:11 PM) : 

I think these clothes/accessories are incredible! I haven't known the designer before so I'm glad to see this creative collection.
I love the use of colours(it's like a shadow-light play,which turned out great)
,made the effect more dramatic.
Secondly,the playfulness of the different materials are breathtaking.I have afeeling like I am not watching a beautiful fashion show but masterpieces of a very talented artist in an exhibition:) I would totally wear them!

 

Anonymous Amy Creyer (Chicagostreetstyle.com) said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Great photographs. The silk knotted look on the black model is one of my favorite looks from Paris. The jewel tones a nice change of pace from all the neon I've been seeing.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (4:17 PM) : 

love the satin material :)
theultraviolette.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Fashion Agony said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Amazing collection! Very chic!

xoxo
http://www.fashionagony.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Amaia said ... (4:27 PM) : 

great mix of textures, colour and layering creating some really amazing shapes! I absolutely love the gloves and the leather waistcoat.

x

http://www.amaiaorozco.com/

 

Blogger FashionAndMe said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I could look at these for hours!
Amazing.

I'm having a (rather humble in consideration) t.shirt giveaway at the moment, check it out:http://hayley-fashionandme.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-giveaway.html :)

 

Blogger jackie said ... (4:39 PM) : 

i love the different textures and layers and rouching effect- really nice... reminds me of the blue london post on here in february: http://thesartorialist.sartorialist-new.typhon.net/photos/22011MMBlue_8724Web.jpg

and the hair reminds me of bobby brown's: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvpl3wh7cf1qarfjpo1_500.jpg

 

Anonymous Victoria Regia said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Breathtakingly beautiful.

 

Blogger Robert said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Thats not what Cathy Horyn is saying...

 

Blogger m. said ... (4:49 PM) : 

oh wow. pure fantasy. THIS is real fashion. I fell in love with this collection at first sight and forever.

 

Blogger Eugenia Woods said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Gorgeous! So sharp!

 

Blogger Villedela said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Such great use of texture and layering! I love the wrap and draping of these looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

I NEED these outfits in my life.

 

Blogger Megan said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I sadly did not get to attend this show but looks like most unique collection that I've seen this season. Great photos as always.

How do you select what you post? Is it based on your favourite pieces or the photo that strikes you the most?

Megan
meganchezparis.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I saw the runway video on Style.com, and I have to say, Scott, you did Mr. Ackermann's collection justice with your photographs. Please forgive me if I sound patronizing, which I'm not. The lighting in the video was less than desirable making the collection look a little too dark and washed out. Now I realized that the color, the cut, and the silhouette of the every piece, including the sartorial detailing and accessories are beautiful and quite amazing. I kept wondering why the fashionistas kept saying that they were speechless and in tears after the show. Now I can see why. Thank you.

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (5:29 PM) : 

its funny that you said that this is the show to beat, because when the first picture loaded I sat back and said "Now this is Fashion" Impeccable!

 

Blogger LoveE ♥ said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Love this look! So unique and beautiful!

http://luxecouture05blogspot.com/
x

 

Anonymous carole said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Very beautiful and luxurious. Could be a great replacement at Dior.

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (5:47 PM) : 

how luxurious and amazing! i love this.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger Le Monstre said ... (5:54 PM) : 

Les couleurs sont juste sublimes...

 

Blogger Maestro Curtis said ... (5:58 PM) : 

GASP! The jewel tones, the styling, the leather and the shine!!! these girls look like respectable bad ass bond girls! I love how the hair further elongates the models as if they're gliding into the future at lightning speed! Oh look at me...getting carried away with the ! exclamation points, but this is so exciting!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:10 PM) : 

very sexy & luxe together,
i love this collection

 

Blogger about said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Oh Haider Ackermann has been one of my favorite designers for a while now. This collection was ravishing! I don't know how he drapes clothes the way he does; all I know is they are spectacular!

-You should check out the interview with him in the January issue of W.

http://taleahl.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

H. A., a sheer GENIUS....!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

so strong yet so delicate love the hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

gee don't hey look happy!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:07 PM) : 

I've got chills...they're multiplying..!

 

Blogger annie said ... (7:12 PM) : 

stunning pieces!! and the colours combinations!!!

http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (7:15 PM) : 

SUPER GORGEOUS!
Kisses

www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (7:17 PM) : 

A lot of ideas. Great cuts. A great knowledge of how to make a woman look beautiful & original.

The palette is very dark though, as Anna Wintour would say.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Blogger Aubrey and Melissa said ... (7:18 PM) : 

The fabrics here are so beautiful, paired with gorgeous colors and amazing designs. One of the best collections I will have to agree.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Jaw dropping awesomeness! Imagine walking into an event dressed in one of these. Heads swiveling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

totaly agree great shapes and the mix of fabrics is amazing.

modern and cutting edge but still femmenine.

he would be a breath of fresh air for Dior don't you think? i like him for the brand.

http://thelibertinesgirls.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

I have nothing against him and he *is* a good designer, but I find him to be a little overrated right now, especially with all this Dior gossip.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Am not the one to like dark colors but I LOOOOve the way he puts these dark colors together! Amazing amazing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Although these garments remind me of architecture, I do not think that they are wearable.

 

Blogger The_Dark_Lady_2 said ... (8:43 PM) : 

These are the best shots I have seen of the Haider Ackermann collection. Amazing luxe fabrics and silhouettes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

AGREED 100%. This show is immaculate.

 

Anonymous Faiza said ... (9:25 PM) : 

Haider Ackermann can do no wrong. He is one of my all time favorites these last few seasons. Thanks for sharing such amazing images...;)

Faiza
http://velvetmoondiaries.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I love the layering, textures, and cuts of the fabrics. It looks so luxe.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

I saw these runway photos and had one thought: not a single one of these outfits is wearable.

They are creative, and I like the dark colors, but the flourishes are there seemingly to get my attention rather than to serve the clothing or the wearer.

I especially don't like the long outfits with holes cut into them and fear for a woman tripping in them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Your photos are the best! It's incredible how we see every single details that I can't see on other websites. This collection is even better now! You rock!

 

Anonymous Ladybird said ... (10:47 PM) : 

Luxe!

God I wish I worked in fashion and got to go to these shows...

 

Blogger Savannah said ... (11:03 PM) : 

I love the fabrics used in this collection, as well as the draping of it. The waist cinching belt on some of these is also a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing.

Savannah
http://boldglamour.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (11:06 PM) : 

First -- the shots are superb.

Second -- the architecture of Haider's cutting and his mix of shapes and rich colors are TOTALLY working for me!

Third -- I have to say it again -- your photography is spot on!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM) : 

one of the best!!!

 

Anonymous Sharon said ... (11:21 PM) : 

WOW is all I can muster up.
Definitely one of the best collections so far!

xoxox

 

Blogger Celia said ... (11:54 PM) : 

One word: SUMPTUOUS.

 

Blogger culturcated said ... (1:35 AM) : 

like!!

 

Anonymous Auntie's Treasure Chest said ... (1:55 AM) : 

I'll say. Love the rich textures and colours! Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger NATASHA _ KOWALAK / BL0G said ... (3:47 AM) : 

i think the designer was influenced/inspired by Frank Gehry!
Very architectural
LOVES it

natashakowalak.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

buttery leathers. yum.

 

Blogger Christine Yun said ... (4:08 AM) : 

absolutely amazing and inspirational.

-Christine
www.trendenvy.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger H.McGee Photography said ... (4:16 AM) : 

this collection is gorgeous! Love the second down, gold with leather gloves...beautiful colours

 

Blogger Madame Defarge said ... (4:17 AM) : 

Gorgeous combinations of color and texture. Scrumptious!

 

Anonymous Kazuko said ... (5:42 AM) : 

beautiful collection! must have been a pleasure to photograph. the shapes, light and shadows... incredible!

 

Blogger Terra said ... (5:56 AM) : 

Amen for flawless design.

 

Blogger Bronwyn said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I love the belts and the fabrics - how it looks so rich but also somewhat hard - not too sweet, you know? I love the modern simplicity of his design... lovely, lovely, lovely!

windeater.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Now here's someong who really knows fabric! Love, love, love this collection.

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (8:27 AM) : 

Really love the first skirt
really I do

but the color of the top I would change it... the black part

www.coolneeded.com

 

Blogger Dana said ... (8:32 AM) : 

O my god! this is how cool I wanna look this winter!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

niceeee!


I want those gloves!

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:59 AM) : 

The shots are fine, as always, but am I the only one who finds this show dated? Maybe I spent too much time in the 80s . . . .

 

Anonymous Learn to Rock it said ... (10:25 AM) : 

wow, love the use of color- just looking at these plush fabrics and colors, I can't help but smile!

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (10:32 AM) : 

What a great collection..such amazing layering techniques.

the Bohmerian

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Amazing collection. This is fashion moving forward.

 

Blogger YazmiinAktar said ... (11:16 AM) : 

love this collection! its so tailored yet soft, sleek and sophisticated! and i love the deep colours! x

http://yazmiinaktar.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (11:26 AM) : 

His women are interplanetary heroines whose beauty and feminity is rooted in a powerful force with Eastern nuances.I like the contrast leather/silk and sequins.And, beautiful colors!

 

Blogger ... said ... (11:39 AM) : 

he got a standing ovation, with reasons!

http://loresfasion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:07 PM) : 

my favourite collection, it seems that Haider could "create and made with tectures" everything he wants!


http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous wearona said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Haider Ackermann´s S/S11 collection was our favourite last season and with his new F/W 11 collection he fulfilled our expectations again, this time as a master colorist!
http://www.wearona.com/posts/haider-ackermann-f-w-11

 

Blogger muir mackean said ... (1:25 PM) : 

the majority of catwalk pictures are ghastly - studiedly miserable and emaciated models wearing preposterous concoctions most of which will never be seen again...in sharp contrast to your street shots, which show largely happy people who appear to know how to eat, wearing clothes they have chosen and like to wear...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Very gypsy like!

http://letyourstylespeak.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Sensational! I adore Haider Ackermann!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:14 PM) : 

simply WOW!

 

Anonymous Jean-Marie said ... (3:06 PM) : 

Great detail shots! I really love this collection and your shots allowed me to see the details that I couldn't see on other web sites. Thanks!

 

Blogger ShopMonica said ... (3:11 PM) : 

What an amazing collection! So lovely!

 

Anonymous Kat said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I think this is my favourite collection so far!

xx

 

Blogger L said ... (10:05 PM) : 

Yes! Tailored futuristic/postmodern clothing finally!!

 

Blogger L said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Yes! Tailored Futuristic/postmodern fashion. The Era has begun.

 

Anonymous Vanessa said ... (5:03 AM) : 

amazing details, love it!

http://fuchsia-white.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Milica said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Amazing collection!

www.modeuncover.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:56 AM) : 

The is a sophistication and calm about this collection that burns into your inner being.No? Awestruck!!

 

Anonymous Moschi said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Bravo! You have truley captured the essence of this collection. I can't tell you how many photographs I've seen of this, yet all seem to miss the drama and decadence of what Ackermann has created.

 

Anonymous saM tK said ... (11:31 PM) : 

the colors, materials, cuts and angles all sit well on the models and I can actually see this vision on other folk as well. Lovely. Thanks for the detailed snaps! We can really see the compositions of the clothes.

 

Blogger Valerio said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Gorgeous palette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 AM) : 

WOW! WOW! WOW! Runway collections never seem to do a thing for me. But this one! The colors, shapes, textures, volume; just WOW!

 

Anonymous Lovethiscollection said ... (5:55 AM) : 

Ah, but such heightened drama!

 

Anonymous Åsne said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Wow! This is truly art. I am amazed.

 

Anonymous Melanieee said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I like the high turtlenecks. they all look cozy and warm. The girl in the second picture looks cold.

 

Anonymous diaboliqueguan said ... (8:08 AM) : 

He has a long career ahead of him. Simply beautiful, poetic, romantic.

 

Anonymous Ro said ... (10:31 PM) : 

J'adore!

 

Anonymous sonya said ... (8:34 PM) : 

wicked pretty collection

www.lsdesignblog.com

 

Anonymous Helen said ... (7:20 AM) : 

I've just looked at the collection and I don't know. Its a bit star trek. I can picture the jabberwocks and Obe Wan Kenobe getting around in this stuff on badly-animated foreign planets. Why does "good" fashion design have to amount to costumes? Ackerman is obviously prodigiously talented, but is fashion "better" if its wearable, or if its wearable art?

 

Blogger Rose Mode said ... (4:51 AM) : 

La rue Rivoli, le paradis de la mode =)

 

Blogger Laurie said ... (1:16 PM) : 

LOOOOOVE !!!

http://mouthmotions.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger raydennis said ... (1:40 AM) : 

very futuristic

 

Blogger G0ddess0fzz said ... (12:44 AM) : 

I would wear every single one of those!!

Too bad, I'm a student with a low budget T__T

Every item was soooo innately SHAPELY. =)

Ah, I envy models that get to show the beauty of them.

Fabrics are awesome, the shape and the detailing are too!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting