This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Dries Van Noten Fall 2011

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Dries Van Noten Fall 2011

Another great Dries show.
And the socks!!

Comments on "Dries Van Noten Fall 2011"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Wow, I'm saving money for the shoes.

 

Blogger Splendid Fixture said ... (3:36 PM) : 

beautiful texture combinations...

 

Anonymous ash said ... (3:37 PM) : 

never disappoints! I love everything in this collection!!!


http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:38 PM) : 

all the photos are amazing! those socks are gobsmacking!! i love the fur on the first coat.
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

an abundance of knit wear! i did like the dries collection for dries. but they are not my favorite in general.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger Jg. for FatScribe said ... (3:40 PM) : 

great 40's throw-back style. i can see Ruth Husssey (Philadelphia Story) rocking these outfits. Dries is killin' it!

 

Blogger Luque PS said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Nothing new about the socks. They just copy the Rio de Janeiro's sidewalk pattern... It's beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it ain't new...

 

Blogger Miss Molly said ... (3:42 PM) : 

YES!! the socks are magical - great shots, this show looked amazing

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous AAD said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I've never been a fan of sock and open toe, but now I am!

 

Anonymous mll mag said ... (3:47 PM) : 

beautiful pics.... ;)
http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=5891

 

Blogger Karena said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Fabulously classic with an edge. Great color palettes.

Karena
Art by Karena

 

Blogger from greece with love said ... (3:48 PM) : 

That black dress in the last picture!

 

Blogger blue roses said ... (3:50 PM) : 

still cannot really see myself taking the socks and pumps plunge....

inspiring show.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger alma said ... (3:55 PM) : 

so beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

You are right, I LOVE the socks!! And the shoes are beautiful, too.

Very inspiring~

 

Blogger Amanda Mou said ... (4:06 PM) : 

I love the sock detail!

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Those coats are really great. Loving the texture and shapes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I agree, the shoes are amazing!

www.houseofhemingway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger María said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Second coat... amazing!! Love it!!
xoxo

http://meandmylifestyle.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

How comfi to wear such socks in high sandels!!

xo thefashionguitar

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:27 PM) : 

fabulous coats, gorgeous mix of textures

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

 

Blogger annie said ... (4:30 PM) : 

i love dark blue and brown combinations!

http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jardin de la Mode said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Gorgeous! I adore Dutch brands!
x

 

Anonymous fashionhogger said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Am I the only person who finds socks so slippery when worn with heels? :0)

 

Anonymous Meredith said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I love the socks. I'm still trying to figure out how I can wear socks with open toed shoes in my real life and not look totally out of place.

- Meredith
www.findingsoulbalance.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous elxoxodetuprima said ... (4:36 PM) : 

How not to love his work?? Every single piece is a love story and utterly wearable.

 

Blogger Swanny said ... (4:46 PM) : 

i want the ankle boots with the perspex heel NOW!
another great collection from Dries...

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I'm loving the shoes!

 

Blogger c.o.a said ... (4:49 PM) : 

How many ways can you say amazing? Love all the looks.

guiltlessbeauty.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Andy said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Oh I love this collection

Greetings from the Czech Republic :))

http://gorgeous-contagious.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

I am a big fan of Dries. This collection seems like a pure extension of his past couple seasons. Secretly, I wish it were more of a direct translation of his fall 2011 menswear collection - fewer prints, more Bowie - but tailored for a woman.

In any case, I am sure I will buy at least one or two pieces, and definitely the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I need socks of such glorious colors and patterns in my life. This is necessary for a balanced life (ok, maybe a bit extreme....)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

Great show and fabulous green snakeskin boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I always love his shows! He isn't Dutch, he's from Belgium btw

 

Blogger Joy said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Love how you just add "and the socks!" which is really nice because almost no one really notices the socks unless it's Prada...or something else.

 

Blogger Lovisa said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Beautiful photos, beautiful colors!

Lovisa / Fashion Illustrator

www.lovisaoliv.com

 

Blogger David Diaz said ... (5:52 PM) : 

The socks are pretty incredible! & I love everything in the fourth photo, what a beautiful collection from Dries Van Noten.

Have a Good Day!

David

VirtuallyStunning.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jerrica said ... (6:17 PM) : 

AMAZING I love the new lengths skirts are taking.

dearest,
http://fashionnostalgia.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (6:20 PM) : 

I love the last dress. The shoes are also really amazing.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous carole said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Love the shoes with socks!

 

Blogger LoveE ♥ said ... (6:35 PM) : 

If there was a word that summed up every word of praise, that is what I would use right now. Adore it all!!!

http://luxecouture05.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

rich textures inviting collection

 

Anonymous Erin said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Heaven.

 

Anonymous María Emilia V. said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Me encantan esas medias y más que esten inspiradas en las muy famosas veredas del GENIAL BURLE MARX!!! Me fascina cuando la moda y la arquitectura se encuentran hasta en estos pequeños detalles como guiños al observador!!! Saludos desde Argentina!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

the coats are great, i hope zara takes some inspiration from these...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

copacabana socks?

 

Blogger Allie Emme said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Love this collection especially the second look.

 

Blogger hp said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Lovely textures! And, erm, we're looking at skirt extensions too now...? ;)

http://le-chic-boutique.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

FABuLOUS! Another Great Dries Show... the fabrics, the texture, the color combinations.... such an imagination~

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Have always loved that Dries, especially the accessories! Thanks for the close up photos - I would kill to go to the shows in person, but this is as good as it's going to get.

 

Blogger Connie Staccato said ... (10:18 PM) : 

I, for one, after spending the last few days watching not-very-bright women walking around the streets of 25 degree Chicago in ballet flats with no socks, am very glad to see something on these women's feet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

usually i hate open-toed shoes; this gives a whole new perspective on how to wear them & still cover up those little piggies

 

Anonymous PollenJewlery said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Beautiful study in texture and shape. Studied And sensual :))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 AM) : 

what in your opinion makes a collection good?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

these shots really tell the story SO much better than the shots on the fashion and magazine sites. the angle light and attention to detail really bring it to life--Dries life--gorgeous--thank you!

 

Blogger peglud said ... (1:47 AM) : 

I've worn beautiful wool/cashmere socks for years. Guess they're finally "in".

 

Blogger KC said ... (1:52 AM) : 

the texture and the pattern makes the unconventional silhouettes look wearable.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger 汪太太 Wang Tai Tai said ... (2:02 AM) : 

The psychedelic swirl reminds me of chocolate marble cake. Yummy.

http://www.wangtaitai.com/

 

Blogger ECLECchic said ... (3:29 AM) : 

This collection is amazing!

 

Anonymous T H E F A T T A C K said ... (3:37 AM) : 

I love the second coat, it's amazing; and the sandals with this kind of socks are so trend.

S.

 

Anonymous Julia Lodder said ... (4:01 AM) : 

You are so right about the way you advise us to view the pictures you take of the shows. I love to see the colour combinations; so many things put together that I wouldn't have thought of doing. Here the amazing socks with the shoes and the big coats. Wonderful. I love Dries Van Noten and this collection looks beautiful. Thank You. Julia

 

Anonymous Sartor Resartus said ... (4:15 AM) : 

It all works.

 

Anonymous Kerli said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Have you seen some shows lately that you genuinely didn't like? I understand that mainly the point is to share the things you like but it would be interesting to know. Of course there's no need to name any names if but in general, have there been such cases and if yes then what has been wrong?

 

Blogger leChômage! said ... (4:34 AM) : 

I WANT THOSE SOCKS! evry time, dries manages to surpass my expectations! He is a genious!

 

Anonymous Tracy said ... (5:27 AM) : 

Thanks for the photos. I'm totally inspired.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:18 AM) : 

At first viewing, I was a bit underwhelmed with this collection (and mind you, I'm an ardent fan od Dries) but on second viewing, it's growing on me. I notice you skipped the collage prints which made up a good portion of the show. I've dismissed them as well!

 

Anonymous jice said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Dries is a mega talent; the coats are magnificent; they look to me to be of major design significance.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I am already totally mad of those socks!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:11 AM) : 

I lvoe DVN, the patterns and the use of crystal is amazing!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous alyssa said ... (9:42 AM) : 

a bit too dramatic, but still amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

beautiful velvet blue shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I have never been a fan of DVN before, but I am now! This is amazing, I love the third coat, and the colours. His imagination is unsurpassed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Speechless. Wow.

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (12:12 PM) : 

wow love it
love the socks and shoes!
patterns, textures and colors - lovee

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Insanely fabulous footwear - socks included!

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Eline said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Fantastic.
The socks are really nice!

 

Blogger Mimi James said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Ah what a way to take my Dries obsession snd turn it up about 1100 notches. The photos are spectacular! I posted about Dries the other day but your pictures make me want to retract my statement about the shoes. They're really good this season and I'm putting them on my birthday list!
Check out my post if you have a chance...
http://ilove4b.blogspot.com/2011/03/dries-van-noten.html

Cheers!
Mimi
www.ilove4b.blogspot.com

 

Blogger marisa said ... (1:29 PM) : 

these looks remind me of my grandmother (in a good way!).

 

Blogger Guta Nascimento said ... (1:48 PM) : 

copacabana socks[2]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

oh dear. i thought this was a continuation of the Prada show. The clothes are nice but there is too little distinction. hmmm.
*sP

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 PM) : 

I adore Dries van Noten clothes and if I were rich and thin I would buy his clothes. Furthermore, in these photos, the clothes look good enough to be eaten!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

The socks indeed! Yummm---I want them badly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Oh my goodness I'd like each outfit delivered by Monday please.

I have always though dark blue and brown is a killer combination so just love this.

Also I LOVE this use of minimal fur. Fur is beautiful but it does not need to be the main event. See above photographs as a great example!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

Dries has had a few really outstanding collections in a row and this fall is again very strong. I'm especially loving the coats - great texture / pattern / color combinations.

marina
http://stylesnapshot.typepad.com/

 

Anonymous Swan said ... (2:26 AM) : 

This is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

Not sure about the shoes though the socks are cute and I really like the lapels.

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Yes the shoes are great!

 

Blogger The Food Girls said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Heavenly. Just Heavenly...

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (1:48 PM) : 

what beautiful fabrics. i want all of those clothes....and the socks! to.die.for.

www.thecoffeeexperiment.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

I love Dries, just wish he would not use real fur.

 

Blogger looks.before.books. said ... (5:10 PM) : 

so awesome. who knew... zebra socks and gold heels??

looksbeforebooks@blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

absolutely...me. i want it all, and the socks, and shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

The different textiles are so refreshing. Dries does it again. I only wish he made the women sexier with shorter and tigher drapes. Maybe some interesting hoisery would have added to the texture of the entire line.

 

Blogger Riku Oshima said ... (6:44 PM) : 

I love Dries!! amazing!!

 

Anonymous ak said ... (9:47 PM) : 

Wow! I love the first coat, the swirly socks, all of the shoes especially the blue velvet open-toed one, and the best of them all: the swirly brown and cream jacket! Please let a cheaper shop make knock offs of all of these PLEASE!!!!

My bank account can't do nuttin' about Noten! LOL LOL LOL xD

 

Anonymous Barbara Bueno said ... (5:29 AM) : 

I love the pair of socks, Copacabana style! :)

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (9:57 AM) : 

psychedelic zebra socks.

 

Blogger kathrynnova said ... (4:17 PM) : 

not his best show, but i love it just the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

I think Gaultier mixed tweeds, leather, fur, and soft fabrics far better.

 

Anonymous La Cursiva Argentina said ... (10:41 PM) : 

amazing shots, good technique and great imagination. Greetings from Argentina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Oh oh oh I'm so in love with this collection! It reminds me of Marc Jacobs Fall 2010, below-the-knee skirts, a super stylish nerdy look. But Jacobs used low heeled shoes and Dries Van Noten has high heels with platforms which looks much better, IMO. Awesome.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting