This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Carine Leaves Paris Vogue!!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, December 17, 2010

Carine Leaves Paris Vogue!!


Three Questions.

-Where's she going??

-Who should replace her??

-How sad or happy are you about this?

Comments on "Carine Leaves Paris Vogue!!"

 

Blogger franca maisha said ... (4:20 PM) : 

I can't find words to explain how shocked I am... no one can replace her!!

ps: beautiful photos :)

xx

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (4:21 PM) : 

1. Can't decide what she's planning. I'm sure she's got something great up her sleeve though.

2. I'm thinking Emmanuelle Alt might be a contender...

3. Heartbroken.

 

Blogger tiffany. said ... (4:22 PM) : 

...and what does Ana think???? :))

xo.
http://dropsofjupiterBLOG.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I don't care about this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

There is something about Carine that is not describable. She some times wears things that are really not spectacular yet she, in all her self, makes it spectacular. It may be a case of wanting quiet or new but my hope is she returns again where she can be the creative and unique force that she is. Is there really a replacement? Probably, it will just have to be some one unique in there own right!

 

Blogger Sara said ... (4:22 PM) : 

OOOoh :(
I'm gonna miss her so much...
Now, I'm also asking those things to myself and I can't answer any!!

I admire your photography and your way of blogging :)

 

Blogger CabinetParts.com said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Hmm I wonder what happened....Does the devil really wear Prada?

It might be for the best, change is inevitable anyways so good luck to her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I've heard about it this morning, it made me really sad...but I think Emanuelle Alt deserves to take over...no? :)

 

Blogger Santi said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I AM SO SAD :( ... she really was unique !!! I love her style and she did French Vogue so much good .. I am still in shock

http://randomfashion94.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Notes From ABroad said ... (4:29 PM) : 

I have always admired her so much !
Back when she first got the job, the way she spoke of being a mother to her boys, working, plastic surgery etc. I think she has been a great editor and it is too bad the New York Vogue editor is not as good ( imo) ..

I am hoping this is as she says, to do new things, and that there is nothing wrong.
I cannot imagine who will replace her .. and what a big weight on that persons shoulders that will be !!

 

Blogger Blond Panther & Louboutin... said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I don't know where she's going..
I think that Emmanuelle Alt replace her and i'm not very sad or happy but it's an enormous changement for Vogue..!! :O

ps: I love the 1rst pic ;)
http://blondpantheretlouboutin.blogspot.com/2010/12/lady.html#links

 

Blogger Trivia said ... (4:35 PM) : 

She is in her right to retire. She is not that young you know...loool just kidding. She'll probably do something big :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

I made a comment on my post Fashionable Tendencies. But the main thing is that she is leaving before the party is over and that, according to Coco Chanel (and many other wise women) is the very best time to leave.

 

Blogger Lucia said ... (4:44 PM) : 

She's leaving, Oprah's show's ending....is it the end of the world as we know it?! Seriously, don't know much about this, but best to her, and whatever comes, I'm sure she'll look good doing it.

 

Blogger Shamini said ... (4:44 PM) : 

i guess the only thing i can say is that if ever SHE is happy with it, then we should be happy for her! that's all...

 

Blogger Fazal deen said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Very Sad!
Paris Vogue is the best out there

Love it if she came to the US/ American Vogue
That one does need change & a kick in the _ss!

Deen

 

Blogger Marieta Milanović Trapo said ... (4:45 PM) : 

thats just sad :(


http://ateriammt.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Wonderful news !
Btw, someone just asked for my resume. asap

 

Blogger Kat said ... (4:54 PM) : 

i'm happy to see who will be taking her place :)

 

Blogger Diana Brito said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Oh my, I am devastated for Paris Vogue. She is probably moving on to something super fantastic.

Diana from San Francisco

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

I guess she will wait 'til going to US VOgue, or maybe gonna work with Tom Ford.

To replace her....am wishing to Anna Dello Russo, but she will be to much for French Vogue.

DOn't need to be sad, she left to prepare something BIGGER that we can imagine......

 

Anonymous Alexis said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I am guessing BIG secret plans..... there is something brewing here....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I'm shocked. She is truly valuable to the fashion world, but since she is leaving and i bet off to better things, someone young driven takes her place and preserves what she has done so far.
I mean, a person capable of following her lead, respecting her work, but improving vogue at the same time. And this is how the world works, it won't stop.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

hmm...maybe emannuelle alt? still, can't believe it! it's a great loss for french vogue!

 

Blogger R Orozco said ... (5:04 PM) : 

1. I hope she is going to work with Tom Ford!
2. Definitely Emmanuelle Alt.
3. An era has ended.

 

Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said ... (5:06 PM) : 

How can that be, she IS Paris Vogue???

 

Blogger La Loca said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Very sad. She's irreplaceable.

 

Anonymous Smilla said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Wherever she goes ... as long as she is still photographed often in her stunning clothes. Love her!

 

Blogger the nyanzi report said ... (5:12 PM) : 

the end of an era. all good things come to an end.

i'm sure she has bigger and better things planned out for the future.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

She looks absolutely amazing. Her style is so thoughtful- elegant and sexy, apparently effortless. Wonderful images.
Lucy

 

Blogger natalia said ... (5:15 PM) : 

1. Tom Ford?

2. Emmanuelle Alt, or someone not at all at vogue paris

3. Really sad. Who ever replaces her will have a tough time..

Great photos!

http://nataliananatalia.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Greg Milne said ... (5:17 PM) : 

shock!

she will go into design/consultancy no doubt

must be something big!

yessiricanboogie-greggy.blogspot.com

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I think she will either start her own magazine, work with a top designer like Tom Ford or someone, or maybe do a fashion tv show!

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Wow, she's got style!

Elegant and classy...

Great questions!

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous honeybeeandme said ... (5:24 PM) : 

MAYBE SHE WANT'S TO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO HER!!!!



XXXOO
MELISSA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I always wonder what kind of politics are behind these kind of decisions. It's like a gianormous chess game and it's her turn to be out. Whm... interesting.

www.houseofhemingway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (5:29 PM) : 

She's quite stylish...but come on, outside of New York City and Paris, who cares about what's she doing? It kind of like that "inside the Beltway" mentality...only applied to the Big Apple and the City of Lights.

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (5:33 PM) : 

-I think she's probably going to take a few weeks off and go somewhere warm.
-Definitely not dello Russo, how could anyone think that for a moment?
-What does it matter in the light of eternity? She is a blip in the grand scheme of things. Smart to leave before the party's over!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:38 PM) : 

she's unique. nuff said.

p.s.: i do believe emmanuelle is going to succeed her.

 

Blogger Tara s Dolce Vita said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Oh nooooo....

Hmmmm so curious what she will be doing!!!

Bonne chance!

http://tarasdolcevita.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I never heard of her before.

 

Anonymous carole said ... (5:53 PM) : 

So sad...she is so chic.

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (5:53 PM) : 

one of my favourite people EVER! it amazes me how great she looks all the time

whatever she does she will be amazing as per usual

Http://moda-nazi.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Personaly I don't care, but it's true to say she was a real character of Vogue Paris, for sure, so.... a page is turned.

 

Blogger Katherine said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Oh no! She's such an icon, and will continue to be, but i'm sure whoever replaces her will be fabulous as well. Wish her the best!

www.LaPetiteMarmoset.com

 

Anonymous Ada Redmnond said ... (6:26 PM) : 

It's so sad , that I might not buy Vogue again....

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Supersad for Vogue. French Vogue was the last bastion for artistic freedom. But also quite excited about her new projects. There MUST be new projects!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

sad or happy? Really?!

 

Blogger SOJOURNED IN STYLE said ... (6:58 PM) : 

im speechless, why would she ever want to do such athing...

 

Blogger Alys said ... (6:59 PM) : 

I do not know how to answer those questions. I only wish her successor the best of luck.

http://fashionmoriarty.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger missroycereed said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I WORSHIP THE GROUND SHE SPITS ON! Adore her. Class, elegance.

God on a wheel! And the lady, like me knows how to use eyeliner.

 

Blogger Jessie Rubin said ... (7:04 PM) : 

ove the hat in the second picture!!

http://myatypicalmantality.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Sophie said ... (7:10 PM) : 

I think she has very good reasons for leaving Vogue, there must be other plans indeed! I'm convinced that Vogue will find someone else who'll replace Carine in a very good way!

Xx Sophie

http://www.lachosemagnifique.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Prestige said ... (7:19 PM) : 

She is awful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

1. Back to her first love, Tom Ford.
2. Marie-Amélie Sauvé
3. Worried for the popular editors at other international versions of Vogue.

 

Blogger Ella said ... (7:21 PM) : 

The second dress she's wearing is really cute, someone should make a lower-end piece like it!

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (7:27 PM) : 

fashion is always about looking ahead. For her to leave Vogue, she must have found an offer that was irresitable. I'm sure she'll remain an important voice in the fashion world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

her choice or theirs? what's the dirt on the decision? that's the real story.

not worried about her - she will land on her feet. maybe she and oprah will collaborate! ha!

 

Blogger CynthiaC said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I bet we're going to get some big announcement on where she's going some time in the next few weeks, so I'm holding my emotions for the next little bit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Er, should I care?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

NOOOOoooooo!!!! i love carine!

 

Anonymous Lucy said ... (8:32 PM) : 

I'm shocked more than anything but I think that's why I liked her as the editor of French Vogue-she always did the unexpected. So give her a high five from me and a thanks.

 

Blogger Chelsea said ... (8:36 PM) : 

she is probably burnt out, after working in magazine publishing for 5 years, I already feel that way!

My guess is she taking some time off and taking a new direction.

who knows though, I'm not her.

best of luck to her...

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (8:39 PM) : 

I was in shock when I heard the news...
I believe Emmanuelle Alt might replace her.
Rumours said she asked for more money and they said no.
Wishing her great vibes on her own project.
Maybe a new luxury line will come up?

I adore her. Such an iconic style
LOx
http://leeoliveira.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

with her budget and clout, it's not hard to do what she does. that said it was a life not a job. hopefully she has other interests to occupy her time. and yes, US Vogue is horrible, like most US magazines.

 

Anonymous Yasamin said ... (8:48 PM) : 

I am happy for her! A bit sad for the magazine. It's so expertly assembled. Will they keep that amazing font?

Emmanuelle Alt would make Carine's absence bearable.

It's exciting! Change is wonderful! For her, for VOGUE, for the readers...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:00 PM) : 

-looks like she wants to change scenery.

-i dont think that really matters, if she already made a statement in the fashion world.

-im happy for her, im sure, she thought about it for quiet some time now, maybe jumping into something bigger ?

http://elitistview.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Skyle said ... (9:18 PM) : 

DE-VA-STA-TED.

For the past few months, the look of French Vogue was already changing, but I thought it was the effect of the new design director, not Carine. It makes sense now.

I'm happy and sad. Happy for her because I know she is wise enough to make smart choices. Sad for the end of an Era with my favorite rendition of Vogue.

 

Blogger Tammy T said ... (9:42 PM) : 

who CAN replace her!

emmanuelle alt seems to be a pretty strong contender . .no?

http://fizzwiz.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

What happened to her knee?

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (10:23 PM) : 

I enjoy Paris Vogue.
It remains artistic in photographic expression and still holds a European feeling.
The October 90th Anniversary issue was so beautiful.

Ms. Roitfeld I'm sure had her reasons.
Reading her Twitter words of wisdom..she certainly is a woman with fantastic inspiration and optimism.

She's leaving whilst on top.
I wish her all the very best.

 

Blogger Chikako said ... (10:26 PM) : 

I think I'm happy because I got excited about what she's gonna do next when I heard the news.
I like changes and new things so I'm really looking forward to her "personal projects"!!

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (10:34 PM) : 

I guess the one constant in fashion is change; it's just the way things work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

The Queen Is Dead….Long Live The Queen!

 

Anonymous Alexandra said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I just gasped with shock when I read the news here. I am very sad, but I'd LOVE for her to come to America!! Carine is A-MAZING and such a style inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Is the band aid on her knee an affect or accident?

 

Anonymous Gemma said ... (11:16 PM) : 

I knew something was amiss a few months ago when U.S. distribution of Paris Vogue started getting spotty, then I saw the hideous art direction changes in the November issue...the typography is so very ugly. So non-Carine.

And now, this. In my world, it translates to $20 USD a month now headed to the piggybank rather than the newsstand...a real publishing tragedy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

As much as I hate her for using that pervert Terry Richardson over and over again for the magazine, I can't help but admit that she is probably the best, out of all the Vogue editors. French Vogue puts US Vogue to shame, and I was kinda hoping Anna Wintour would announce a retirement, because photo-shopped celebrity covers is so old and played out. As much as I'm sad that she's leaving, I will say that this was a good move as she's leaving the magazine with a good reputation, where as when Anna leaves it will be "Ding dong the bitch is dead."

 

Blogger Emma said ... (11:30 PM) : 

Also, what happened to her knee?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

I am very happy she is leaving Vogue. She did nothing for young french designers, unlike Anna Wintour for the young US talents! bon vent !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

We are deeply saddened to learn about the tragic news on Carine Roitfeld. Our thoughts and prayers are extended to the family. I hope that everybody at Vogue will recover from this and have a good future.

Come on people. It's just a magazine! Lighten up.

 

Blogger Tanya Dempsey said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Love her or hate her, the second pic is fab. I mean... just look at her. P.S. the band-aid in #1 caught my eye.

xx

November Grey

Vintage Clutch Giveaway!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

i like the bandaid on her knee.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:27 AM) : 

she looks amazing in that fur and this is totally sad news

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 AM) : 

who cares, I care about street fashion not commercial fashion that is obsessed with staying forever young and painfully skinny. maybe pick someone who sees beauty in all people.

this blog has become so obsessed with the fashion industry. it became successful because of street fashion, not the industry.

 

Blogger Cindy Van Dyck said ... (2:13 AM) : 

I'm aso happy for her, but I'm shocked too!

Love Cindy
www.glamourblog.tk

 

Anonymous Larissa said ... (2:50 AM) : 

shocked! I love Carine... I would say Emmanuelle Alt would be the best replacement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

in a fashion world, they always create something new. they actually seek new and young sense all the time.

i don't know why she quits but respect her decision.
i cannot like a veteran stay the top so long.
it could make a magazine solid.

i just want young ppl to take over her desire and grade up it. looking forward to see new one.

big love from tokyo

 

Anonymous Lucia said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I don't really care as I don't read the French Vogue. I read the British only, as The American Vogue is so crap. Sometimes I buy the Italian one for the pictures..

Hmm, I think she will retire, she will go somewhere for vacation and then have at least a year off, and then she might write a book.

Emmanuelle Alt will be taking over, she is cool also..

Hmm, what I feel, nothing really, but I love her style, how she looks, she reminds me of Patti Smith, my dear idol and role model and muse :)
I love the make up, her colors, and the Tres Chic look, without being "Too done" but always a bit suprising. She is SO COOL!

 

Blogger angeline said ... (4:08 AM) : 

I am not suprise because there was gossips in Paris about her resignation !!
I am thinking about Emmanuelle Alt to remplace her !! She's very charismatic too !!

http://www.culturestation.fr/

 

Anonymous alba said ... (4:38 AM) : 

She's going to live her life out of the focus? maybe.. good luck for her. I like her style..I'm sure someone else can do a big work like her .. new people, new ideas ...everything is gonna be ok!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Gorgeous photos- I love her sense of style and she is perfect for the job. Replacing her will be a tough job.

www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 AM) : 

what?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 AM) : 

good news

 

Anonymous J C said ... (6:10 AM) : 

So sad but I wish her all the best

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

When I first read this I thought, it must be a lie...it's not:/ so sad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

SHE IS GOING TO WORK FOR TOM FORD, AGAIN!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 AM) : 

At last she can take over at US Vogue!
Long live La Reine Carine !

 

Anonymous Tabsy said ... (7:02 AM) : 

It's a new dawn... she came into shake up Vogue Paris, and Vogue Paris BECAME Carine Roitfeld. I admire the creativity she bought to the mag and I am sure her final issue will be remarkable.

However, I think it is time for change... and no change is needed more than at Vogue USA.

ADR needs to stay at Vogue Nippon , she is not Paris!

hautecapture.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM) : 

such a coincidence that she leaves one month after Tom Ford is guest editor at the french Vogue. they used to be partners in the 90s. maybe she was just waiting for this, otherwise... why now??

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (7:10 AM) : 

I hope this does not mean that Vogue Paris will become as boring as the other Vogues. I hope Vogue Paris retains its unique touch, its creativity, its sense of style.

Looking forward to seeing who is appointed in Carine Roitfeld's position, where she is going & who is going to replace her!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous elxoxodemiprima said ... (7:23 AM) : 

she is unique and irreplaceable.

R.I.P. french Vogue.

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (7:54 AM) : 

time for something new. i'm sure change at vogue paris is good

 

Blogger Gio said ... (8:10 AM) : 

I found no hints and I cant't wait to know her next move. She may inspire an entire generation with upcoming ideas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

After all these comments, I've already forgotten the name of the unattractive, yet stylish, woman we're discussing.

First, no one is irreplaceable.

Second, I agree with leaving at the top of your game, so she's smart, too.

Third, wow! Lots of fashion afficiondos here, of course. These are comments from a fashion rube...living in the suburbs, buy Vogue maybe 4X/year -- considered stylish in my circle, but probably would never make it with you people.

So anyhow, just makes me want to go buy a Paris Vogue to see what all the hype is about.

Sorry you're sad she's gone!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

The bandage on her knee is the sine qua non of her garb.

 

Blogger tsarina anastasova said ... (8:35 AM) : 

The same happened with Russian Vogue

 

Blogger tsarina anastasova said ... (8:35 AM) : 

The same happened with Russian Vogue

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Devastated but curious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

She probably got fired because she was a big spender...

 

Blogger Suse said ... (8:47 AM) : 

And, what happened to her knee? [bandaid, top photo]

 

Blogger man about town said ... (8:58 AM) : 

After the fall out with Balenciaga it was a chronicle of a death foretold.
Garance to replace her with delloRusso as creative director.

 

Blogger Bigio said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Let's see...

1. She's going to built something new... Hoping so, otherwise where is she going?

2. Nobody can replace her


3. Are you kidding? Sad, of course!



www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lu Mamede said ... (9:07 AM) : 

I´m so curious about this. I want know where she is going.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

She's moving to LONDON! Now that the "couple" is getting married, who will follow the fashion of the bride? All the girls will want to emulate her. British Vogue won't be able to keep up with it all so they will need Carine.

 

Blogger mosaicology said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Very stylish lady

 

Anonymous Kevin Lome said ... (9:59 AM) : 

She is going to be missed :( fitty

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

In Paris, everyone from the world of fashion, think she has been fired because Affairs Nicolas Ghesquière

and also all the money she has arrangements with companies, gucci, prada, etc ...

And it's the same probleme with Emanuelle Alt

remenber;

Carine Roitfeld Banned from Balenciaga!

It's a fight of Parisian proportions as Balenciaga severs ties with French Vogue.

We know that the French have a reputation for being snooty to Americans, but we always assumed that there was some sort of special code amongst themselves. Not so-- if Balenciaga's French Vogue ban is any indication. The Parisian fashion house barred Carine Roitfeld and Co. from attending their much-anticipated Fall '10 runway show. None of the ladies were to be found front row on Thursday, or even (gasp) in standing-room only.

When asked for some insight on the apparent slight, Roitfeld said via WWD, "We're blacklisted. It’s too bad, it’s a beautiful house and it’s French. I hope that it’s not forever.” When pressed for a reason she advised, "Ask them."

Since Balenciaga has declined to comment on the matter, we are left to speculate. NYmag thinks the ban may have been caused by a styling faux pas-- i.e. don't ever mix Balenciaga with Balmain in an editorial or your next invitation may just get lost in the mail.

Since Roitfeld is clearly a fan of the brand, we doubt it's a situation along the lines of New York Times fashion critic, Cathy Horyn's, self-publicized box-out by Giorgio Armani. In 2008, the fashion writer reported that she was told not to attend Armani's show due to a scathing review she had penned on one of the evidently-sensitive designer's couture shows.

Even worse than missing out on the sure-to-be-chic street style shots that the French Vogue ladies would have provided had they attended the show in head-to-toe Balenciaga, are the amazing editorials we're going to miss out on. Apparently, Balenciaga has not only pulled their ads from the mag, but will also no longer lend clothing to the prized publication either. Le sigh.

We certainly hope Balenciaga designer, Nicolas Ghesquière, and Carine Roitfeld can double-kiss and make up. In the meantime, we just want Carine to know that she's always welcome with us.

 

Anonymous iggy said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Hey,

New wind, new fresh air.

She doesn't has the Ana W. touch or flair.

 

Anonymous drewz said ... (10:56 AM) : 

absolutely devastated!

on the other hand, really excited to see what she is going to do next and for her overall evolution. I am sure that whatever she finds to do next will be successful and right in her own timing.

I honestly cannot think of anyone who can/will do a better job than she has. I am also excited to see how french vogue will become after she leaves.


Good luck carine!! Sending you all the love and well wishes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

GREATH WOMAN

http://shetakesmymoney.blogspot.com/

http://shetakesmymoney.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous andre said ... (11:38 AM) : 

i am with iggy.

so over her. she was not that good. move us on to the next young soul.

 

Blogger Hanna said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I think she's amazing and it's a huge lost for French Vogue.

http://style-in-sight.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Carine has a flair and no doubt will most likely continue with fashion creativity elsewhere.

Ines de La Fressange should replace her. She has class, style and vision.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

wow... how much blablabla..
TAVI will take her position.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

There's something of Caligula in her expression but I'm liking the way she's wacked that plaster on her knee! Looking good, lady.

 

Blogger Reggie Darling said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I hear that she left to devote her time to appearing as the heroine of the next Edward Gorey book series. Reggie

 

Blogger Rene Braun said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Very intrigued..

WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

LOVE YOUR BLOG

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:51 PM) : 

She has been an inspiration - I love an older woman in fashion. They give a sense of truth and originality with their style.

I hope she is truly happy in her next move and feels a sucess, she deserves it!

www.tilleysvintage.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:56 PM) : 

She is effortlessly stunning!!!
I think whoever replace her will have to carry such huge burden of living under her shadow. But either way, best wishes for Ana and the upcoming-new-Ana. :D xxx



http://cestlamademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I think most people have guessed who will replace her, but I like her stance on it. let's face it not everyone can plan on dying in a position like Anna Wintour plans on doing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I'm sad so sad ! I love my french Vogue, she made it soooo french (means sexy) + I'm sorry, but american Vogue is pretty but booooring !

I hope she's going to work with Tom Ford.

 

Blogger irena said ... (1:13 PM) : 

My first thought was that she´s going back to Tom Ford... Vogue Paris won´t be the same again


mynameisirena.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

I think she has great style and verve. I love these photos, will you be publishing more in the future now that she is no longer with French Vogue?

 

Anonymous Consuela said ... (1:36 PM) : 

And 4: What happened to her knee?:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

The lady is looking for a change of life, so she should take some real time off. And live life, be with her family, eat more, drink more. Enjoy

Stefano Tonchi to replace her.

Change is good. If she's happy, I have no reason not to be also.

jxg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

It looks like fashion has sucked the life out of this woman..

 

Anonymous Daniel Chevre said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Mon dieux! What a big shame...this is really sad, of course an era has ended. She was as big as iconic, her photoshoots and her styling is for keeps so i dont think she is not going to do something great, deffinately not going to rest, thats for sure. Vogue Paris will never be the same.
Talking about the replacement i think deff 2 big contenders are Sauve and Alt, but that is too risky to say, besides Alt its too obvious she was the right hand of Carine while in the magazine, whoever replaces Carine will have big shoes to fill in; So, long live the Queen; Long live Carine!

 

Anonymous choob said ... (2:27 PM) : 

crap. Paris Vogue along with Italian has been the best Vogue for years; lets hope her successor keeps up the good work and we don't end up with trash like US and UK Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Sad, but optimistic she's onto a bigger venture. US Vogue needs more inspiration and needs to find its own voice that it can take ownership of.

 

Blogger Thread Ethic said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Personally, I think the bandaid on her knee says A LOT about her. Here she is dressed up to the nines and she has a bandage that is quite visible. It goes to show that some things you just can't hide. Pretty soon we'll know if she's hiding anything bigger....

ThreadEthic.com
(High Fashion for the Modest Girl)

 

Blogger Anu said ... (3:18 PM) : 

She'll do well, I think, anywhere.

You have a tumblr?!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Personally, I think that French Vogue needs to reinvent itself if it wants to stay one of the top magazines during the following decade.
I believe Carine understood that and is going to do something much fresher! I am happy for her, because I believe she has flair and a touch of French debauchery that make her truly unique.
I wish she would do a collab with Tom Ford but that was ruled out of the question today!

 

Blogger maggie battles said ... (3:45 PM) : 

if she's happy about leaving the mag, i guess i am too. french vogue has a real connection with people & a new editor's point of view can completely change that dynamic for better or worse! carine's amazing, but a fresh start for the mag is exciting too

 

Blogger Twenty.Something said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Why is she leaving? That's shocking!
I really wonder what's going to happen... I feel like she is irreplaceable. It's also exciting to see what will unfold!

artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous ania said ... (4:30 PM) : 

honestly... was very suprised, that's for sure.
but everything comes and goes, that's life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

so sad but happy to see newcomer at work...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Oh noooooooo!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I would love if she pops over to US Vogue and fixes it... last few Septembers and all the recent covers of the American issues have been less than

 

Blogger Chic Noir said ... (5:35 PM) : 

*chic noir reads Scott's post*
*chic noir says to self*
"no more carrine"
*DEAD FAINT*


To replace her I will go with the number one contender here and say Emaneulle ALT. However I think there are others who could possibly do her former job well.

1. Garace Dore
2. Stefano Tonchi
3. Giovanna Battaglia
4. Eva Fontanelli
5. Melanie Huynh
6. Shala Moulton
7. Andre Leon Tally

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

1) Probably on a nice brand new project with a brand. As a muse?

2) I don't agree for Emanuelle Alt. She is good, she got talent but I don't think she got the power to endorse the shoes of a Editor-in-chief. For the last editions of French Vogue, she got more space. But, under C.R. power and influence, she is good. The question is, Can she be better than that AND without Roitfeld as a chief?

For the successor, I have no clue.

3) I am sad. Very sad to loose my French Vogue as it was for the last past 10 years. I enjoyed every edition and absorbe every words. Plus, she revamped the owl image and she gave her personal style to the publication. Sexy, classy, intimate, foward vision. Always good to spend for magazine.

4) It is like the Phoebe Philo effect. Quitting when the fire is on. Very classy.

5) We don't want to care about all the Balenciaga stories. We just want to to say bravo for the incredible work she did at Vogue.

Love, a Vogue Paris reader.

 

Anonymous Saladich said ... (5:52 PM) : 

The Devil Wears prada, has became truth, She will replace Anna in VOGUE US!

 

Anonymous Saladich said ... (5:53 PM) : 

The Devil Wears prada, has became truth, She will replace Anna in VOGUE US!

 

Blogger Aissata said ... (6:05 PM) : 

i'm so saddened about this. no one can replace her that's for sure

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger mili said ... (6:14 PM) : 

it will have a ripple affect of more job openings in conde nast the world over... someone replaces her, they get replaced, and so on

 

Blogger Yajaira said ... (6:27 PM) : 

love the second picture.. great dress

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:30 PM) : 

My god, it feels like some kind of revolution. It will be exciting to see who replaces her!

Love Iben

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (7:29 PM) : 

WTF! Now what?

 

Anonymous Reve De Oro said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Good Heavens!! Who can focus on the question after seeing that nude ruffle dress, with the matching hat and shoes?! Amazing!

Gone are the days of staying in one place all your life, in terms of your career. Fresh faces, places and starts reinvigorate and inject fresh perspectives and draw greater inspiration, causing each person to dig deeper in their own personal cache of inner treasures and creativity to make ever more interesting levels of unique contributions.

C'est La Vie!!

Reve

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Coming to America?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I read somewhere that she was going to the Japanese Vogue. ??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

my feelings...

why hasn't anna left yet. over american vogue.

sad to see carine go, but i'll bet she starts her own publication.

 

Anonymous Colleen said ... (12:26 AM) : 

Fourth question:
What happened to her knee?

 

Anonymous groovergreen said ... (12:27 AM) : 

She is the Keith Richards of fashion. The French TV industry should do its own version of Absolutely Fabulous, starring Carine!

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (12:47 AM) : 

cute!

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (1:15 AM) : 

she wonderful women!!

 

Blogger maria said ... (3:00 AM) : 

It's terrible!Very sad news.
On the other hand,maybe she's going to launch her own magazine.
That would be exciting!

 

Blogger Tammy T said ... (5:16 AM) : 

i hope she joins forces with tom ford!

looking at her original modelling photos, its amazing how far she has come

x

 

Blogger Tammy T said ... (5:21 AM) : 

although it would be nice to have some fresh blood in french vogue, i think it's important for them to have someone who's already been there for a long time, otherwise it may lose it's originality.

emmanuelle alt is therefore a legible contender..no?

http://fizzwiz.blogspot.com

x

 

Blogger Tammy T said ... (5:24 AM) : 

on second thoughts - fashion is all about constant change, experiments, new...so perhaps it would be good to have someone younger and fresher to replace carine, that could lead to newer ideas for the magazine.

what a tough decision!

http://fizzwiz.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Tassos Pasalis said ... (5:26 AM) : 

All I can guess is that she might join a high end fashion brand as a quite high head there. SHe can bring success to any brand with her influence and power.
I can't say it's bad for me. She served almost a decade in Vogue. Time for a new person to bring some changes.
Good luck to her (I'm sure she'll have it :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (6:46 AM) : 

i dont read french vogue and so not really upset - im sure she'll land herself at some large fashion house as creative director or something fashionable like that!

 

Anonymous fashion glamour said ... (7:09 AM) : 

American Vogue maybe? I hope)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:46 AM) : 

Oh gosh and who'll answer to these questions and also who'll replace her at Vogue Paris??? I'm shocked, but I'm also amazed by the first llok!!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MONICA SORS said ... (8:11 AM) : 

No, no, no please!! I can not belive what I am reading! This is so bad new...so bad.

 

Blogger RCXY said ... (8:38 AM) : 

probably after seeing Tom Ford's not so attractive promotional photos of his new collection, Carine would be back working with him and bring sex back.
Alt or Delo Russo are good candidates but i have a feeling that the replacement is a wild card. prolly, someone we never thought would.
Carine's exit wasnt as dramatic as I expect it would be but less drama makes it more sophisticated giving the term "French Exit" a whole new meaning. haha. more than being heartbroken, i'm excited to find out the real answers to questions 1 and 2. ;P

http://notanotherrcxyblog.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger The Adventures of a Shopaholic said ... (9:42 AM) : 

FANTASTIC!!

http://stylestarmjonas.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Sabina said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I can understand her decision. No one can do the same thing forever and not get bored.

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Stilistele said ... (11:55 AM) : 

she's an icon. difficult to replace!

 

Blogger -- said ... (12:06 PM) : 

HOLYSITTTTTTT I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Big Hug Studio said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I'm actually very excited for her. I highly doubt she's just going to disappear. Too many people want her around. I wish she would come to North America.

There's something about those eyes...her look is very distinctive...

Any who, I wrote some more about her on my blog...

www.bighugstudio.blogspot.com

Ella

 

Blogger Jackii said ... (12:23 PM) : 

very inspiring

westernemerald.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Agree with the Tom Ford angle. She may go there. She may have been there already as she always has been.

Was this departure related to the whole Balenciaga/Max Mara debacle?

 

Blogger Sootjeelina said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I am SHOCKED. She was the best!

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Could be Alt though i doubt it's rumoured that its the Russian Vogue ed.........
I wish she'd come and edit British Vogue as it has become such a sad sack of a magazine someone needs to do something with it.

 

Anonymous Ann Marie said ... (1:33 PM) : 

I hope she is coming to American Vogue or Anna Wintour would go. I think the magazine is becoming more and more irrelevant(American Vogue).
Sorry to see her go, she has incredible, wearable, style.

 

Blogger eunicebee said ... (1:40 PM) : 

She said she will concentrate on personal projects. I have no idea who could replace her. It makes me extremely sad. I wrote a blog post about this. I loved Carine at Vogue so much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I Just wanted to say, I'm a big fan of this blog. It has been my inspiration for my very own blog, called thestandardoftaste. Your pictures are beautiful and the outfits you show are amazing.
Big fan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Unless Carine is coming to the US to replace Anna, I'm heartbroken!
AZ

 

Blogger Liv said ... (2:29 PM) : 

She's classy!
It's always good with new blood in the business!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (2:39 PM) : 

can't wait to know more about her future!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Sad! She can even make a band-aid look chic (1st photo)

 

Blogger thwany said ... (2:59 PM) : 

the real question is, who will replace her??

 

Blogger Alex said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Fantastic. [r]Evolution.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

the band aid in the top photo is rad. Rad that she ran it and rad that you didn't crop it out.

 

Anonymous cricket said ... (3:55 PM) : 

You know even through it existed before (and I have an impressive pile of pre Carine Paris Vogues) this publication was, hers. May she rock on but for our benefit because we need her voice in this world of fashion...

 

Anonymous tizzylish said ... (4:07 PM) : 

I think Carine is really a warm and strong woman. I have met her several times and she was always very sweet. But I do have to say that even though I respect her talent, I never found French Vogue that ' user friendly' After I bought it, I would feel a bit empty. I wish her all the best, but I am excited that French Vogue will have the possibility to go unto a new direction that is perhaps more grounded...more rounded like a great Cote du Rotie....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:46 PM) : 

I think she won't be out of the picture, so we can see her lovely outfits!
Though I am shocked. Didn't expext this at all.

A.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

she's an fashion institution in her own right. how could she replaced? tragedy... Love this blog

xoxo
amuseinme

http://amuseinme.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting