This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Clic Gallery & Bookstore, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Clic Gallery & Bookstore, New York

Clic Gallery & Bookstore down on Centre Street is really fantastic. I hardly ever get out of there without finding a book I cannot live without.

Recently I bought a great book, Space Project by Vincent Fournier. I have no idea what the book is about but I love the photographs!

Comments on "Clic Gallery & Bookstore, New York"

 

Blogger ShowMeYourWardrobe.com said ... (3:05 PM) : 

Cool tip, thanks!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (3:06 PM) : 

Wow, that second photograph is beyond gorgeous! x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Henar said ... (3:08 PM) : 

BEAUTIFUL

www.ohmyvogue.com

 

Blogger Eire said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I love the photografs too! One more place to visit on my list ;)
http://eire-designs.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Rhai and Coi said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Nice photos! I love the interior of that Gallery and Bookstore! Very fresh!


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Wow, this pictures are amazing!

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:18 PM) : 

wow! i love the space project! will have to look for that one.

 

Blogger Frozen Fashion said ... (3:18 PM) : 

I feel as though I have visited the future and have lots of blank pages to fill.

I must make sure my husband discovers this bookstore. Though I may loose him, he could get lost in all of the wonderful books. He may never leave!

 

Anonymous Yajaira said ... (3:21 PM) : 

I like the gallery - it's clean and modern..
nice pics - let me know if the book is good to read it!!

 

Anonymous The Fashion Buzz said ... (3:23 PM) : 

You'll have to read it and let us all know if it's worth a look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

The photos really emphasize empty space huh? They are great shots no matter how different they all are.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Hello!! I have been there on the second picture!! It is in Utah, doing a martian simulation!! :)

see : www.crew94.be

You are great!

 

Blogger xx said ... (3:41 PM) : 

i like the setup of the first picture!
http://ddianakangg.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (3:52 PM) : 

love the look of that store.

so fresh and so clean!

digging those two bottom shots by Vincent Fournier as well.

Rad!

http://jimjims.net/

 

Anonymous imobiliarias alegrete said ... (4:00 PM) : 

i loved!!!!!!

I like the gallery

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Thanks for this post Sart. Checked out the slideshow on the website, had never heard of him. Very imaginative stuff and there's much going on in his shots. They cover a lot of space.

So to speak..

 

Anonymous Lizzy said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Awesome place!

www.citizette.com

 

Anonymous Sabrina said ... (5:05 PM) : 

I'm not 100% sure what the space project is about but it looks to me like they are images of the extreme environments in which they test space suits. After a recent trip to NASA Kennedy, I spoke with an astronaut and found out that they do testing on Antartica.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Woah, nice styled.

 

Blogger my.amalgam said ... (5:40 PM) : 

haha
i often find myself buying books only for their pictures as well...

www.myamalgam.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (6:20 PM) : 

If I remember correctly, he stages these shots in remote climates to simulate astronauts in space. They're not actual space suits, or far away planets. He stages them in an attempt to poke fun at the space race, the moon landing, and the vulnerability of the public in the hands of the media.

Or so I think...I remember reading an article about these a while ago. I think I even posted them on my blog, but my blog is so ill-kept that I can't remember now!

 

Anonymous Kate said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Love the pictures of the boom boxes. I'm visiting New York for the first time this spring! If anyone has any favorite spots they are willing to share please let me know on my blog. Thanks!

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (8:09 PM) : 

That bookstore is one of my favorites! As well as the one in Easthampton.

 

Blogger Elizabeth Fay said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Love the decor of the gallery. Inspiring. The photo is magnificent also.

 

Blogger Nille said ... (9:41 PM) : 

I was there the other day actually - truly inspiring place! love it! :)

nille.xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

you had me at BOOKSTORE!
*sP

 

Anonymous Istanbulboy said ... (11:41 PM) : 

OMG, I love the sight of that bookshop. Will definitely add it to the list for my next trip! Thanks for sharing!

Istanbulboy

 

Anonymous Mike said ... (11:49 PM) : 

The "space" photo is from the Mars Society's Mars Desert Research Station (MDRS) in Utah (or possibly the Arctic Research Station Canadian).

http://desert.marssociety.org/

I did a radio bit on MDRS for WNYC's Studio 360 last march:

http://studio360.org/episodes/2010/03/12/segments/151559#

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:00 AM) : 

I love the pictures of the HUGE stereos xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger thwany said ... (5:04 AM) : 

the natural light in that bookstore is just beautiful

 

Blogger Sophie said ... (7:17 AM) : 

I just loooooove bookshops! It's sereen and full of inspiration.
Great shop-tip! Thank you!

www.lachosemagnifique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Heather Robinson said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Very, very cool of you to give a nod to an upcoming and hard-working photographer.

I always appreciate the tips too--I have been following James Danziger's blog since you mentioned it here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 AM) : 

I´m pretty sure it´s not the same person but as a loosely related piece of trivia, Vincent Fournier is the real name of shock rocker Alice Cooper. Nice library, I´ll definitely check it out the next time I´m in town.

 

Anonymous veronica said ... (9:23 AM) : 

adorei !

 

Blogger Jacinda Davis said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I love Vincent Fournier's work. It would be great to have his work in book form. I like the overwhelming sense of space he frames his subjects in. They're awe inspiring.

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (1:34 PM) : 

This is a cool looking store.

windowshopz.com

 

Blogger JC said ... (12:43 AM) : 

NYC is Love! <3

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Clic is the best-- thanks for the post!

 

Anonymous Photojournal said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Weird but awesome

 

Anonymous Daniel Deals said ... (1:54 AM) : 

backward look in the second photograph is very natural and of-course the parka is very good.

Thanks,
Daniel Deals

 

Blogger zincink said ... (8:54 AM) : 

I love photography books,, large print & high quality paper - sooo nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Dear sartorialist,
I luv Clic Bookstore! I recently saw fashion illustrations by Don Oehl! These are amazing! They have three framed prints there! I want them All!!!!! Check them out
You can also see them online at www.donoehl.com but I think you can only get the prints at Clic!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I luv Clic Bookstore! I recently heard about their fashion illustrations by Don Oehl! They are AMAZING! They have three prints framed! I want them all!!!!!!!
You can see them online at www.donoehl.com, but I guess Clic has the prints!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Dear sartorialist,
I luv Clic Bookstore! I recently saw fashion illustrations by Don Oehl! These are amazing! They have three framed prints there! I want them All!!!!! Check them out
You can also see them online at www.donoehl.com but I think you can only get the prints at Clic!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I luv Clic bookstore! I recently heard they had fashion prints by Don Oehl. Apparently they have three signed prints!!! I want them!!!! You can see them at www.donoehl.com but I guess u can only get the prints at Clic!

 

Anonymous el mundo en un espejo said ... (3:00 PM) : 

What fantastic place!!!
http://elmundoenunespejo.jimdo.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:34 PM) : 

nice

 

Anonymous Augusta said ... (10:59 AM) : 

You have to see a place in Romania named „vulcanii noroiosi” which means ”the muddy volcanoes”... A real moon landscape. Write me here if you want photos : www.stilistele.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Going to have to check that out, thanks!

 

Blogger Toolateblues said ... (12:48 PM) : 

.


There are 26 Fournier 'Space Project' images here:

http://www.wallpaper.com/art/space-project-by-vincent-fournier/4211

.

 

Blogger molly said ... (7:34 PM) : 

yeah!
one of my favorite shops in ny!

 

Blogger CassLorraine said ... (7:42 AM) : 

I love the look of the bookstore!

 

Anonymous jazmín said ... (3:11 AM) : 

hello, i loved the space project pictures... where did you buy the book? i tried to find it and failed

 

Anonymous Penny Auction Bidding said ... (6:12 AM) : 

Wow!! tremendous pics they are...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting