This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Valentino - Shoe of the Season, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Valentino - Shoe of the Season, Paris

Comments on "Valentino - Shoe of the Season, Paris"

 

Blogger Kesia said ... (3:35 AM) : 

I love them! The studs are absolutely gorgeous :)

 

Blogger Tiffany's Small World said ... (3:36 AM) : 

love the shoes!

 

Anonymous ada said ... (3:36 AM) : 

I literally gasped. They will be mine.

 

Blogger tiffany. said ... (3:37 AM) : 

oh wow. i do enjoy them on the "dark" legs :))

xo.
http://dropsofjupiterBLOG.com

 

Anonymous pRiyA said ... (3:40 AM) : 

Oh my Gad! Gasp!! I want these!!!

 

Blogger TIMELESS IS MORE said ... (3:41 AM) : 

OMG i just saw these shoes at Valentino and I fell in love with them!!! They're simply amazing! I want them!!

Check out my blog!!

http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 AM) : 

no high hells??? :-)
they are very beautiful of course, specially the light ones

http://princessemascara.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Rana said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Love it over the dark tights. And they look relatively comfortable too!

 

Blogger cocokate said ... (3:42 AM) : 

i want

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:44 AM) : 

I spotted these too the other day, thrilled that you did too :)

They are GORGEOUS!!

 

Blogger eli said ... (3:45 AM) : 

They're so fierce yet romantic...perfection!

eli
www.eli-a-porter.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Isis Diaz said ... (3:52 AM) : 

They look awesome, is this the return of the pointy shoe? did it ever leave though? Nice job! LOve the pink ones

 

Blogger Blond Panther & Louboutin... said ... (3:55 AM) : 

So cute... The shoes!!! :)

http://deshistoiresdepieds.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous S. said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I like them, hate the heels though.

 

Anonymous scherna said ... (3:57 AM) : 

lovely legs.
pity about the shoes.

 

Anonymous frozen fashion said ... (4:02 AM) : 

LUST LUST LUST!

Just my luck, I can't ever wear this style of shoe. Most peculiar, my feet hurt wearing this style more than any shoe. I just can't wear it. Even 4 inch heals don't hurt as much, oh well. I still lust them:)

 

Blogger culturcated said ... (4:03 AM) : 

kitten heel! thank you

 

Anonymous Sascha said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Besides being a total studs-aholic, for shoes as gorgeous as these I might even embrace kitten heels. Totally to die for.

 

Anonymous Sara @ Purses Pastries Etc... said ... (4:22 AM) : 

I saw Alexa Chung wearing these and fell in love with them!

 

Blogger Ronisha said ... (4:30 AM) : 

I want them like know!!!!

http://vannoybfashion-ronisha119.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Rosa and Carlotta: Illustrated-Moodboard said ... (4:32 AM) : 

gorgeous shoes!!


xx
Check out our fashion illustrations at Illustrated-Moodboard.com ! = )




.

 

Blogger RECIEN LLEGADA said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Sexy,punk,femenine¡love it
xxx
DELIA

 

Blogger Eléonore said ... (4:34 AM) : 

Alexa Chung wears these, love them !!

http://elleandco.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Nolita said ... (4:36 AM) : 

Seems like everybody loves these shoes!


--Nolita Vintage--

 

Anonymous Tina said ... (4:41 AM) : 

Gawd! I would kill to have those shoes! Fabulous!

 

Blogger Miss Molly said ... (4:54 AM) : 

So true, have seen these babies every where!

missmollyfashions.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous A Girl, A Style said ... (4:55 AM) : 

Are those Garance's legs on the left? I absolutely love these shoes. Although I do think one needs to have the legs of a racehorse to be able to pull them off without getting 'cankles'.

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.com

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (4:55 AM) : 

Valentino is Valentino!!!

 

Blogger Minnie said ... (5:03 AM) : 

Don't like them! the studs don't match with the pointed toe and the kitten heel... and haven't we been there not too long ago!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

yay real shoes not objects of torture even a cart horse like me could walk in these

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (5:18 AM) : 

They look fabulous, but I can feel corns growing on my feet just thinking of them. Ouch!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (5:22 AM) : 

fab,,,absolutely gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 AM) : 

Amazing shoese! Would love me a pair!! :)

Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Eilish said ... (5:38 AM) : 

wow.. amazing shoes !


http://faialofa.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

they're really nice, i just wish they weren't kitten heels...people with bigger legs, like me, cannot pull it off.

 

Blogger diane said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Very ladylike.

 

Blogger *sunday* said ... (5:53 AM) : 

oh gawwd.. there goes my credit card.. up in flames again..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

The return of the pointy!

 

Anonymous Anastasia said ... (6:26 AM) : 

Oh my god! These photos have made my day!

I've gone from ecstasy, drooling, to peace of mind knowing I won't be able to afford them:)

Anastasia
http://www.pipeno.com

 

Blogger d. said ... (6:44 AM) : 

oh! love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 AM) : 

So pretty. Love the return of heels that I can actually walk around New York in, without having to take a cab if I'm going more than 10 feet away!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

I dont know what's so great about these shoes.Looks like in chains. Am I the only one who really dislikes them? Imo something is wrong with the proportions

 

Anonymous Mod'elle pop said ... (7:35 AM) : 

i don't like...
first time in sartorialist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 AM) : 

@5:45 they have it in higher heels, they're nicer imo.

 

Blogger Stephon said ... (7:46 AM) : 

Im not a fan of them !! Not so good for me...

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (7:55 AM) : 

I love these shoes. I can see Anna Wintour wearing them and of course I would own a pair if I wasn't spending money on my business and saving for a house. But I digress. It is refreshing to see a classic heel come back and at a reasonable height.

 

Blogger taylor said ... (8:17 AM) : 

LOVE these Valentino shoes - how they are soft and feminine, but with an edge! Great images.

http://gramercyboutique.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:27 AM) : 

what shoes are these? never seen it. hmmm im not really into kitten heels and pointed toe. xxx


http://cestlamademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Now those are some foot candy worthy of my collection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/81294

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Wow - shoes that are beautiful that I could actually walk in. Love These!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (11:11 AM) : 

had it not been for the studs and the bondage element of the ankle straps this shoe would have still be lingering on the shelf.

 

Blogger LondonWallah said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Love the shoes.... but not sure the lower heel height is that flattering for not-so-shapely legs???? Would prefer them either high or flat, not this in-between

 

Blogger HellsBells said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Siiigh. I'm so tired of studs. They're everywhere, on everything and everyone. The thrill is gone...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I am in love. I want!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I love the ankle straps and studs!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

ugly & tacky

 

Blogger MandG said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Way too much going on with these shoes. Trashy and cheap looking, imo.

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Those are some flashy sandals. Not sure about the studs, but I love the flashy shape and low heel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Didn't Alexa Chung have these on the other day? I don't like them they make the foot look huge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

See? Lower heels can be done! Nice, sexy and very cool!

 

Blogger Alina said ... (12:54 PM) : 

hm, hopefully it's just A trend, cause I don't like shoes like that

www.dionysha.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Wow, those are the first designer shoes I've seen that I love. They actually look wearable! If only they were affordable...

 

Blogger Shamini said ... (1:41 PM) : 

absolutely gorgeous!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (2:20 PM) : 

very smart.

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Love them, not so tough studs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

what will happen for those who have grown addicted to having an additional seven inches of leg length?
*sP

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Very beautiful.
Ciao Daniela
www.stylebydaniela.com

 

Anonymous Sian said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I agree with the few people who don't like them. The pointy toes with the studs somehow don't work for me. And they're sooo costumey, Cruella DeVille.

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Love!! I want!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Dont like at all! maybe without the studs

 

Blogger Tristan said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Yes, finally bring back the streamline shoes for women! The elegant look is extremely desirable to me.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (5:33 PM) : 

I'll just sit quietly and wait 'till Baker's knocks them off.

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I love these shoes! I would wear the beige-coloured pair in the bottom photo.

www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I like them also--something edgy yet traditional and soft about them. However, they will be old hat and overkilled very quickly if everyone starts wearing them, like in these photos. Sort of the shame of appealing beautiful and popular things.

 

Blogger M said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Normally I’m not a huge fan of kitten heels but these work for me, maybe it’s the studs + color + material….dunno but I want a pair.

xx
MarielsCastle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

i loved this show. it was sooooo fabulous. the use of color was incredible. they do it again!!!!

 

Blogger Vava said ... (9:04 PM) : 

OMG.........I want.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

a quick check online....Bergdorf's doesn't have them. Sak's has the flat version, but god love Neiman's they have them in 2 colors!

Excellent for them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM) : 

YES YES YES! I loved these shoes the instant I saw them at Valentino. I wish with all my heart I could have the flats. The first black and white pair is stunning!

red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (11:01 PM) : 

these shoes are delicious!

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

Gladiator, kitten heel, pump.
Bummer.
katebate

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 AM) : 

Love it, rock meets kitten heels!

 

Anonymous lna said ... (5:19 AM) : 

like rubber wrapped around ur toes then pulled to shackle ur ankles.

..

 

Anonymous Charlotte K said ... (7:04 AM) : 

How lovely. What an improvement on the hooves we've been seeing lately.

 

Blogger ILE said ... (7:16 AM) : 

Who are they? They look amazing!

http://ilelife.blogspot.com/

x

 

Blogger Nina Bonita said ... (8:32 AM) : 

It's like a cross between gladiator shoes and pumps. I can't stop looking at them.

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I love everything but the pinpointy toe. A slightly more open curve on the toe would have given them more umph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Horribles shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

For the right legs...tres magnifique.

 

Anonymous Valentine said ... (2:57 PM) : 

I'm not liking them. They look uncomfortable, and for me there's always been something markedly trashy about kitten heels. What particularly bothers me is that the ridiculously sharp point at the toe and low heel really elongate women's feet. This is just a really bizarre, impractical trend to me. I can already pinpoint ten areas where these would chafe and ache, and I feel that the ankle straps really cut off the leg and make it appear shorter. In my opinions these are not pretty, not flattering, and not practical.

 

Anonymous IMEANWHAT?!? said ... (7:13 PM) : 

They are flattering for almost everyone! I can see it. YOu don't ned to have a certain foot. Of course it looks great on everyone tall but I don't think you must be for this elegant/trendy shoe.

Visit www.imeanwhat.com for all the latest info on fashion with a comedy twist. Latest is Mary-Kate and Ashley's The Row collection. It looks great! http://bit.ly/8YrA04

 

Blogger Francielle Santo said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I DIE !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Love love love love love!!! J'adore!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 PM) : 

There is nothing flattering about these.. such an overkill with the studs.

 

Blogger i.c. blogspot said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I agree, those are definitely shoes to see and be seen in, and the heel is a perfectly wearable height!

Splendid indeed!

 

Blogger Bojan said ... (5:47 AM) : 

sexy!

the-stylish-citizen.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I don't love them, but I am SO GLAD to see heels of a reasonable height. Hate, hate, hate the skyscraper look. We've had far too much of that nonsense the past few years - stilettos make women's feet look deformed. Glad to see a return to common sense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Egads! The shoes themselves are pretty enough, nothing too special. But am I the only person who thinks they looks horrible on the feet? the openness combined with the pointy toe makes every single one of these women look like her feet are boats and the shoes are somehow falling off the toe and only restrained by the straps, which are horribly stumpifying themselves. No! No! No! Say no to unflattering shoes.

 

Blogger -E- said ... (6:12 PM) : 

ugh, I thought we would finally be done with the studs...enough is enough! Only good thing about these shoes are the heels, you can actually walk a day in them.

 

Blogger Zaczynam Odchudzanie said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Shoes are perfect. Combination of elegance and "Rock" chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

They look like pseudo-rock shoes sold in cheap chinese plastic shoes boutiques in Paris,20 seasons ago...It was in this time very chic to wear them with long boot cut nylon black pants and later with black skinny jeans...
How fantastic it is to see them again !!!

Martin

 

Anonymous Missie said ... (3:40 PM) : 

I can accept pointed toe... but I HATE kitten heels...they remind me to those shoes worn by teenagers wannabe femmes fatale at wedding parties :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

To the people who comment that this heel height makes women's feet look large - no, it doesn't. It makes them look normal. You've just grown used to seeing the unnatural position created by higher heels.

 

Anonymous Online Penny Auction said ... (4:35 AM) : 

Sooooo........ cuuuute!!!!

 

Blogger sash said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Oh my YES!

 

Anonymous Vicky said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Great shot: Valentino at its best! For those that have ever been to Frankfurt, Germany also may want to check out Hysterie...

 

Blogger Marisa said ... (7:47 AM) : 

The point is back! so glad i kept a pair form Marc Jacobs, circa 2005..

 

Blogger Danger said ... (8:24 AM) : 

They look absolutely stunning on the black woman. The contrast of her ebony skin and the studs, the black leather, and the sharp, white tip is perfect mix of sensuality and formality.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

i work for Valentino accessories. So proud everyone loves them. they are going to be done in other colors/fabrics for spring 11 as well....xx

 

Anonymous Jennifer Smith said ... (1:19 AM) : 

SICK!! in a good way.Louie is one of my favorites.. So jealous you got to go to see the show in person. :)

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (10:36 AM) : 

they're meh to me. make your feet kind of look fat, unless you have skinny feet.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting