This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Stella McCartney

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

At Stella McCartney

So, the big discussion after the Stella McCartney show was about this print.

Editors either loved it or hated it.

And you?

Comments on "At Stella McCartney"

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (8:10 AM) : 

reminds me of her pineapple dress! hello 70s tablecloth!

 

Blogger lab said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Loved it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

i llllove it!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 AM) : 

I hate it...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:17 AM) : 

interesting

http://izandrew.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Teresa said ... (8:18 AM) : 

lovely, for a journey on the coast of Italy :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

It is not very flattering for most of the women, but who cares, I love the idea and it is unususal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

blech. to the user that said it reminded them of her pineapple print: the pineapple print was great, this: horrible, the grapefruit looks yummy though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Hate it! I can't imagine anyone walking down the street wearing this and looking great. Might be able to get away with it a resort but yikes, 70s curtains!

 

Blogger FH said ... (8:21 AM) : 

I love fruits but it's strange !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Hate it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Oh no it's horrible. It looks like it is made of wipe clean material and put in the kitchen somewhere.

 

Blogger justplaying said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Its quite cheerful but reminds me of my grannies kitchen wallpaper/tiles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

oh my Camera degli Sposi on a dress....not sure how the hyper real works as a pattern...

 

Anonymous chris said ... (8:24 AM) : 

...not easy to wear! but why not!

 

Blogger rosa ochoa said ... (8:24 AM) : 

It's like wearing a tablecloth left around from the 50s. I'd rather wear the crochet bedspread!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

it reminds me of the edible wallpaper in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

 

Anonymous Eka said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Hate it - it reminds me of the curtains my grandma had in her kitchen when I was little.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Looks like a wax tablecloth from the early 90's... Needless to say I don't like it?

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (8:27 AM) : 

it looks like my grandmas sofa.


undecided.

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (8:27 AM) : 

it looks like my grandmas sofa.


undecided.

 

Blogger Nolita said ... (8:28 AM) : 

Not very fond of the print!

--Nolita Vintage--

 

Anonymous fabrica said ... (8:28 AM) : 

love love love those trousers!

 

Blogger Susie said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I think the print is very pretty however I would not want to wear it. It's too big, it has lemons on her breasts and the white space is wider across here stomach. Great tablecloth though.

 

Blogger JJC said ... (8:30 AM) : 

maybe on short shorts- otherwise, not a fan.

 

Blogger MSK said ... (8:32 AM) : 

So delicious!!!! I am on a diet... :)





http://mariyakaragyozova.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

It works better on some designs more than on others. Personally I liked it on the silky dress with the slits, but am not too fond of it on the outfits in your photos.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Very wearable on a warm Sicilian night strolling down a boulevard. But apart from those rare occassions.....nah.

 

Blogger ZEPETIT said ... (8:37 AM) : 

It´s like atabletcloth! It is not her best colection.

Zepequeña.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (8:39 AM) : 

Unfortunately, I really don't like it.

 

Anonymous grumpy said ... (8:40 AM) : 

It looks....refreshing and zesty!

I like.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:41 AM) : 

I love it, but as a single piece, not a total ensemble. ADR was right (with her giant cherry and watermelon wedge hats)-- fruit prints are huge for Spring...the new floral. Between Prada's bananas and Stella's citrus, I'm hungry for some ambrosia fruit salad!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Some designers are producing 'ugly' designs on purpose and are testing us 'normal' people if we are gonna buy it or not. If we buy the ugly design...it's only because of the name of the designer. Why buy a 800 dollar ugly piece designed by a big name designer, when you can go for an extremely beautiful and 'one-of-a-kind' clothingpiece of 1 dollar at the local thrift store?

 

Anonymous ania said ... (8:44 AM) : 

honestly...
was waiting for this show but in the end... i'm a bit disappointed. unfortunately.

 

Blogger Nyrha said ... (8:50 AM) : 

it really looks like tablecloath but I still love it. But I wouldn't wear it...

 

Anonymous Mertxe Hernàndez Herràn said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I love it !

 

Blogger V.V. said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Interesting print, but it defenetly reminds me kitchen's wallpaper from the 70's!

V.V

http://fashiondoseblog.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Bonnie said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Maybe it would have worked as a bold detail on a very finely cut jacket. But these clothes are all square and mishapen, they look like; "Oh, I'm gonna make a dress from this kitchen curtain, how difficult can it be?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

it really looks like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61S9X7hR4ZL._AA300_.jpg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

It looks like the kind of print an 80 yr old would wear on a cruise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

I hate it....

 

Blogger Alice said ... (8:56 AM) : 

LOVED IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

The clothes are cut in a frankly unflattering way despite the print; and, while the print itself is not in my personal taste I love the hyper realness. Stella is onto something!

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I hate it... And does the first model have a right arm?? Doesn't look like it in the photo!

 

Anonymous Sophie said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Erm... this looks exactly like those wax tablecloths everyone's mom had in like 1980. I appreciate though that runway is not always for practical use, so I do like the summery motif.

 

Blogger Giulia said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Reminds me the Cavalli print of some summer ago.

 

Anonymous meg said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I think the problem is that it isn't 50s tablecloth/grandma's curtains ENOUGH. Like anonymous (8:26) said, it looks more like a late 80s/early 90s kitchen print--and there's nothing appealing about that.

 

Blogger BluestGreen said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Not a fan of this one...it sure does look like a tablecloth.

 

Blogger Artfully Awear said ... (9:04 AM) : 

I love the tromp l'oeil fruit!

 

Blogger jazzy cat said ... (9:05 AM) : 

let's say: love and hate combination

 

Blogger Manu said ... (9:07 AM) : 

mmm, not sure... it reminds me of old kitchen curtains...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

loove it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

if it was on a smaller scale maybe....I love McCartney, I think she is brilliant and makes a difference, but I will have to pass on this one I am afraid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Perfect if one is going for "geek grandma chic," otherwise, blech!

 

Anonymous The Style Inside said ... (9:13 AM) : 

don't like it, a bit tea-clothey, no?

 

Blogger manki said ... (9:17 AM) : 

For god's sake, I love Stella. she's a genius (once again). Those prits remind me childhood, but I don't know why. It's fresh, anyway (like fresh fruits,haha), but I must admit it's kind of :Love it or hate it, nothing neutral

 

Blogger sherene said ... (9:19 AM) : 

The second picture looks much better than the first... I guess the summery/fruity look works better on a short dress!

 

Blogger Carolann DeMatos said ... (9:21 AM) : 

I like this print ... for say a placemat or kitchen wallpaper ... but it seems so loud for a dress. To me at least.

 

Blogger taylor said ... (9:21 AM) : 

It was a great fresh print to in the mix of so many neutrals (which I love) and a lot of other trends that were shown this season ; )


http://gramercyboutique.blogspot.com/


xx

 

Blogger Julia said ... (9:23 AM) : 

It looks like a kitchen curtains
Hate it!!

http://iamafashiongeek.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger mispapelicos said ... (9:24 AM) : 

About time she did something that wasn´t plain. Love, love it!!!

 

Blogger Alexia said ... (9:24 AM) : 

i sold recently an old hermès scarf with this kind of print.. i didn't like it much really, it is not very flattering!

 

Anonymous robyn dru said ... (9:25 AM) : 

it looks very Italian, in the sense of an Italian tablecloth. I would never wear that- nor use it when making a collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Hate it. For all the reasons already mentioned below. Maybe if it had been on a more form fitting garment it might not have been as bad, but still...awful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Stella McCartney has always been fond of things natural. Maybe, this is one of those fashion statements that say, "You are what you eat" or "Wear what you eat." We appreciate that you're on an all-fruit diet regimen, McCartney, but we really don't need to see that on your clothes.

Mister_Salt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

...on a second thought its daring....and probably will soon to be a fashion statement..

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (9:28 AM) : 

yes, it looks like a tablecloth, but somehow i still like it. My only complaint is the white stitching. It could have been so much better with an accent colour!

Queen of Mayhem

 

Anonymous Genevieve said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Admittedly, at first glance I hated it. As if it was so close to being exactly right, just off kilter enough, but not too kooky, but somehow I thought it had missed the mark.

At second glance, I'm warming up to it. I'm not deluding myself into thinking that it will become a style icon, but it is a fun print, that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Genevieve
http://littleluxe.tumblr.com
For new and reviews of the latest luxury products and services from the locally loved to the internationally renowned.

 

Blogger erin said ... (9:33 AM) : 

hate is a strong word... but i can say i strongly dislike it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

nooo i don't like it!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Even though it looks like a table cloth, I kind of like it... Very energetic and bright! Not sure I would ware it though. This print may work for a bag or a scarf.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (9:38 AM) : 

It is great for Hawaiian vacations.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

It's a nice pattern for kitchen curtains but for a dress or suit is not suitable!

 

Anonymous Michelle Belle said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I have to say I kinda hate it. Reminds me of the early 90s.

 

Blogger Rosaspina Vintage said ... (9:49 AM) : 

To me it's one of those things that can happen only on a catwalk. I don't really see people wearing this texture for their everyday life. I would never! :)

 

Anonymous Sian said ... (9:50 AM) : 

That would be hard to wear for even the savviest of dressers. Love the plateau sandals in the second pic, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

No way . . . . can't even look at it for a long time.

 

Blogger Erin @ soZealous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

LOVE Stella McCartney. HATE the print.

 

Blogger Miri said ... (9:55 AM) : 

This is so 60s/70s, I really like it. It's something different... I bet we will get used to it. Same happened with clogs... everybody hated them at first :-)

 

Blogger AnnaHawk said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Not a big fan of that print...

 

Blogger miss twinkletoes said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I do like it, but it is so reminiscent of my grandmothers tablecloth. Remeber the oil slicked ones?

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I love her but this is beyond horrendous.

 

Anonymous Jo said ... (10:01 AM) : 

not a fan :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I hate it. It reminds me of tablecloth my aunt owns from way before I was born.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Love it? Yes. Wear it? No.

 

Anonymous Caroline in London said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Hate it

Hate the cut of the second dress too - if it looks that unflattering on a model what would it do to the rest of us. Frumpsville

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Pink grapefruit, lemons and limes
inside my fridge now and reminiscent of boiled sweet wrappers I used to eat as a child.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

love it so much my teeth hurt. and that's a good thing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I would be happy to eat dinner off of her dress, if she were in it.

 

Blogger Sing of Singature Style said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I had a table cloth and a sheet set like this growing up.

http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous graes said ... (10:10 AM) : 

looks like the tablecoth i got from provence..

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Reminds me on my grandma's clothes. But it's cool.

www.dianas-fashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

first time that I'm saying it about Stella's creation....Hate this print, really do, it's unflattering and it does remind me of a tablecloth that we had in my grandparents' country house where I've spent my childhood

 

Blogger Inês Batista {ARAMAR} said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I think the print doesn't work at all...only as a tablecloth. And the dress isn't flattering on anybody.

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (10:14 AM) : 

It's fun...the times call for something silly. Of course, it needs to be price-friendly too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Love the colors ant the print, but maybe not the placing of it..it doesent do much for the figure, does it?

 

Anonymous Gaelle said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Like the printed dress. The pant ensemble looks a bit elderly-like

 

Blogger Chris Wolfgang said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Looks like Stella waltzed into my great-grandmother's kitchen and stole her curtains! She'd like them back please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

it looks like my mother-in law's table cloth :))unusual but interesting:)

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (10:25 AM) : 

fabulous...great print

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

first time that I'm saying it about Stella's creation....Hate this print, really do, it's unflattering and it does remind me of a tablecloth that we had in my grandparents' country house where I've spent my childhood

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (10:31 AM) : 

gets my vote

 

Anonymous Yasamin said ... (10:32 AM) : 

LOVE IT

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I'm not a fan. If I were 80 and lived in south Florida, maybe...

If you want to look for less check out Chico's . They've been doing prints likes these for years. You want crop pants and matching jacket with big colorful print, Chico's is the place.

I really don't think it's chic at all....

 

Anonymous Volga said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Can't say that I am in a crazy delight from this print. I prefer the traditional cool Stella's style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Looks like a fruity copy of the Alexander McQueen prints from two years ago, except with fruit instead of snakes.

 

Blogger On beauty said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Arcimboldo girls!

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Wow.

This makes my taste buds go bazurk.

Beyond amazing...

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous Monsieur Landfeust said ... (10:49 AM) : 

My grand mother use to have the same print on the plastic tablecloth of her kitchen...

 

Blogger Stella said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I can't see anybody being able to pull those prints off unfortunately.. Even the models look terrible!

 

Blogger LSS said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Yeah:/ definitely grandma's polyester table cloth for sure. The cut looks flattering though.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I'm getting a bit tired of all these strong prints. There was a time when they were considered plain kitsch, then they became kinda cool, but for me they are becoming too much. Sorry Stella.

 

Anonymous Bridget said ... (11:04 AM) : 

If one looks at the way the white of the pattern creates an hour glass shape (squint if you have to get beyond the fruit!) and then observe how the designer has used that reality to work with the human body form in creating these fashions, then you might see how the "white effect" reflects and enhances the figure in the pant suit outfit and reverses it in the dress in a very effective way.

 

Blogger J. Rene' said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Not a fan. Reminds me of wallpaper in my grandmother's kitchen. Not in a good way...

http://thewandererdiaries.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Ayşe Şakarcan said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Didn't like it, looks like a table cloth!

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (11:18 AM) : 

It's too literal and rather silly. Might we have gourds or crudite next season?

 

Anonymous Sophie said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Horrible--50's tablecloth!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

surprisingly, I don't mind the pattern so much as the cut of the sleeves in both pictures, I find it very unflattering :(

 

Anonymous the clothing menu said ... (11:26 AM) : 

hate it..my kitchen curtains look just like that!

 

Blogger i am pam said ... (11:27 AM) : 

love it - but I think you have to be a model to pull it off! My hips won't work in this print! hahaha

 

Anonymous Xiaoting said ... (11:30 AM) : 

The first thought that crossed my mind is the title of a Jeanette Winterson Novel, i.e., "Oranges are not the only fruit".

 

Blogger Marc Briz said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I like it on the dress and as people have said, it is hard to pull off. But it's tasty and bold. It could be done really well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I would combine the trousers with a navy top...bottom and top togethere are not "wearable".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Nope. Don't like the print at all...it does remind me of something my grandmother would have worn...

 

Blogger stephanie roberts said ... (11:50 AM) : 

i'm torn. it's a tablecloth of course, or kitschy curtains.

but i LOVE the smell, do you know what i mean? pink grapefruit? lemons, limes, oranges! is fashion evocation? if it is i say yes to it.

please don't shoot me down cuz i'm flying

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

my grandma had that as her vinyl tablecloth in her condo in Boca in the 70's. that says it all, just horrible to begin with and even worse as a dress.

 

Blogger Iris Tinunin said ... (11:59 AM) : 

it remainds me the summer dining' tablecloth.
not so baaad.

stylosophique.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous kaveri said ... (12:11 PM) : 

an interesting print but i'm not sure how popular this print is going to be...maybe at the beach?....there is the fear of the frump factor though...

 

Blogger fidele said ... (12:12 PM) : 

It looks like dresses my grandmother used to make out of upholstery fabric. . . in the 60s. . . in Florida!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Lovely as a decor for a table in a sunny summer afternoon…

 

Blogger Rebekah said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I think it would be better as a pencil skirt. With a fitted red sweater. I'd wear that. Does that make me strange? But the pants? Nope.

 

Anonymous mabelmabel said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Love it. Great colors, fun print, Vintage-tablecloth Chic.

Don't care that it's not flattering to the model (or, probably, to anyone). Fashion often is sculpture, for me, the model the vehicle for the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

in the south of Italy they sell tablecloth's with this print, and I have one.....
Don't see me wearing this

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Before I read what you wrote I was thinking "is it wrong that I like this?"

 

Anonymous furia said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Is lovely. It brings back a hole generation´s feeling through color and drawing. Is great. Goes perfect with the lines of the collection. Period.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

OMG I hate this...why stella?

 

Blogger treetopbirdy said ... (12:30 PM) : 

You know, I think that some outfits should be worn humorously.
My husband has a passion for extreme aloha shirts. I like "ugly pants". But you can TELL when someone is serious about a funny look and that just doesn't work. This look is funny. It's a FRUIT PRINT for pete's sake. Big hair, big sunglasses, big smile and this print? Then it's a yes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

love it ,...

 

Blogger cm said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I have a tablecloth just like this!

 

Anonymous monica said ... (12:36 PM) : 

it looks like the wallpaper from willy wonka...i feel like i should be licking it not wearing it haha.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

2 words: Mrs. Roper

 

Blogger A said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Hello waterproof patio furniture. I'd wear it. Blanche Devereaux FTW!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

I don't mind the print. It's fresh and daring and so unlike other prints of recent, but I can see where some might not like it since it looks like a print of my grandmothers skirt, but in fashion what once was old becomes new again.
The thing I don't like it the cuts of the pieces. They are bulky and the model looks like she is drowning. Something more fitted is more suited, which is what I think when I think Stella anyway.

 

Blogger Christine Glenna said ... (12:58 PM) : 

at first I hated it, but that hate was mostly directed to the placement of the print. Being on either side of her, it leaves some odd negative space in the middle. I don't like the colors, either.

However, I rather like the almost-photo realistic print and in smaller doses and slightly more muted colors (like a lot of the rest of her collection) I can see this style really catching on.

Maybe not fruit, though.

 

Anonymous Michelle N said ... (12:58 PM) : 

love it. it's fresh, literally.

 

Anonymous Jeanne said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I love it!! Am REALLY digging the two colors of open faced grapefruit halves....genius!!

 

Anonymous UpperEastSide said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I love it, very Positano, expecially the trousers one. The only thing is Stella, I'm sorry, but the idea's not so original...remember the Cavalli lemon dress? EVERYONE had it, and not so many years ago...it's pretty but seen...

 

Anonymous KDS said ... (1:08 PM) : 

My mother has placemats made out of this fabric.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I feel like I shouldn't like this at all, but I do.

I love the colors. Maybe if they weren't...oranges and other various citrus fruit I'd actually wear it. And the shoes look off.

But yeah overall it looks like kitchenware.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (1:16 PM) : 

this print might be cute on a bikini or shorts, but not in such a large amount - it totally takes away from looking at the person and is all about the hypnotic citrus.

 

Blogger eljovendario said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Publicity shoot? Maybe

 

Blogger S. Alice said ... (1:18 PM) : 

It's creative if nothing else, but I'm with the people who are inclined to hate it. Nobody should have to wear a retro tablecloth as an outfit.

 

Anonymous Hilda said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Sometimes "too much" can be good. But this time I just can't stand it. Sorry Stella.

 

Blogger Jocelyn Burwash said ... (1:25 PM) : 

The worst possible kind of fruit explosion - an overpriced one.

 

Blogger Jessie-Lee said ... (1:29 PM) : 

This print looks far more fitting for a line of stationery. Awful as clothing.

 

Anonymous Gina said ... (1:32 PM) : 

very arcimboldo. like it in the dress but not the suit

 

Blogger Sara Hoo said ... (1:36 PM) : 

totally wallpaper. not sure if it was supposed to be surprising or something but it's just tired.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (1:36 PM) : 

I don't hate its mere existence. I wouldn't wear it. I'd be silently amused if I were with someone wearing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Hate it. Period.

 

Anonymous Lucy said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I thought it was terrible.
really disliked it.

http://vintage-roots.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Evalyn said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Yeah, no.

 

Blogger Kara Cocoa said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Fine for the pages of a magazine. Wold not wear, or encourage anyone else to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

It reminds me of the 70's. I don't hate it but I wouldn't wear it either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

reminds me of the roberto cavalli lemon print 5 years ago

 

Blogger Kajsa said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Loved it! My grandmother had a similar dress fifty years ago : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

wonderful! love the way it creates a silhouette on the clothing in a way that reminds me of McQueen's 2009 resort collection and that dress that Michaela Kocianova wore. of course, this is total McCartney and is flirty and a little but off. also - who cares if it doesn't work on the street? it's a runway show and it's about creating a fantasy that people can take inspiration from

 

Anonymous Valentine said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Love the print, dislike the silhouettes. I would love to have this in a little flowy summer dress, fitted blazer, tight sweater, etc. instead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I won't buy this at all !
Prada's bananas were more subtle, modern and quirky.

 

Blogger Misha Lulu said ... (2:17 PM) : 

I love it!!!!!!

 

Anonymous kate o. said ... (2:18 PM) : 

anon 8:25am comment was right on with the "charlie and the chocolate factory" edible wallpaper reference. hilarious!

a bit dishtowel-y but i love seeing this kind of thing on the runway.

 

Blogger Flamehead Productions said ... (2:24 PM) : 

intense dislike!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Still got a hand-painted silk cravat, should it be worn now?

 

Anonymous Floydikins said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Pretty to look at. Would hate to wear it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

I don't think we all need to be so polarized: I like it for all the reasons people here seem to hate it (resembling grandma's tablecloth, etc.). I think that's Stella McCartney's whole point.

 

Anonymous Tuuli said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I'm definitely leaning towards 'hate it'. But it got people talking so kudos for that!

 

Blogger LatteLisa said ... (2:41 PM) : 

love Stella, hate the print

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Hate the print, I would never wear that. It's a shame because otherwise I love the designs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

definitely, love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

Hate it...for real life situations in Europe
Love it...for vacation on the tropical islands

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:06 PM) : 

freakin' love it. :)

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I think that it's cute, cheerful and I like it a lot!

 

Anonymous BB said ... (3:10 PM) : 

This isn't that original, doesn't anyone remember lemon and orange fruits print on white silk prints that were round in the mid 90's that looked just like these. I know I was bought a silk top with very similar prints. I think it was an Italain designer that was copied on the UK high street by topshop and C&A (when it used to be in the UK).

ps...Is it me or does the second model look like she is ill?

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I hate to say it's terrible because I LOVE Stella McCartney but it's terrible, it's great in concept but terrible execution I think.

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous LeBlog said ... (3:22 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

just bad, but its not a surprising design from her. She's been pushing out whimsy, lazy, formulaic designs with horrible prints for years now. I've always thought her designs look like something you'd find in a generic suburban teenage girl's scrap book, and not that I'd have anything against that as an aesthetic in itself. I think what I'm getting at is when you are placing yourself on a stage shared with such an incredible lineage of diverse and radical approaches to innovation, craft and style; to see something designs like this in the same context just makes me a little sad.
Ever since she started butchering George Stubbs' paintings and slapping them around like a bad gimmick back in the day at Chloe I've been waiting for her to dumbfound me with something even half good. Unfortunately it seems that she's just not capable, I know this kind of criticism isn't new, but I can see certainly understand the suggestion that the progression of her fashion career has had very little to do with tallent as a designer.

 

Blogger EYE-LOVE COSMETICS said ... (3:31 PM) : 

If I was a table I would be happy to wear it. It resembles the table cloth my grandmother uses in the summer.

eyelovecosmetics.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!!

 

Blogger Erin said ... (3:42 PM) : 

teeeeerrrible! looks more like a costume...

 

Blogger Diogo Torres said ... (3:46 PM) : 

The dress is cool




http://fabulouslifeofdiogotorres.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Hate it! I also hated the Prada bananas. Not into wearing fruit.....

 

Blogger Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Don't hate it, just dislike it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

hate it! they look like pjs!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:13 PM) : 

It's cute but I would not wear it.

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (4:16 PM) : 

wow it has certainly polarised the comments! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

You could get away with top or bottom, but not both together. It really is too tablecloth-y with a whole outfit. And you'd have to wear it with something simple, like jeans or plain pants, to pull it off.

 

Anonymous Rose said ... (4:23 PM) : 

Love the print !!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

This is a common problem for me -- I fall for the material but it doesn't flatter me.

In the photo with the two-piece outfit, it just looks clunky and unflattering. In the photo with short dress, it works better.

Once again, I love the printed pattern, but I think it's too overpowering for clothing. It reminds me of a mid60s Hawaiian print.

 

Blogger modernboom said ... (4:40 PM) : 

hate to say . . . i l o v e ! ! !

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting