This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Chanel, The Return of Ines!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

At Chanel, The Return of Ines!

Comments on "At Chanel, The Return of Ines!"

 

Anonymous FashionStyleAdvice said ... (7:06 AM) : 

This is fashion perfection!

 

Blogger five stones vintage said ... (7:06 AM) : 

breath taking.

http://fivestones-vintage.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Rosa said ... (7:07 AM) : 

it's amazing!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:11 AM) : 

wonderful pictures.
Le grand spectacle as usual at Chanel. Kaiser Karl knows how to throw a big show. Love Ines back - she was and is so much more interesting than la Schiffer. Much more in the vein of a smart, strong woman a la Coco.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (7:13 AM) : 

Ines de la Fressange? She's certainly one of my big style icons!

 

Blogger Cecille said ... (7:15 AM) : 

spectacular!!!!

 

Blogger Little Miss V said ... (7:21 AM) : 

There is no other fashion show after this one...
A dream!
xx

www.the-icone.com

 

Blogger Monti said ... (7:24 AM) : 

Inés is the best!

 

Blogger Christina Elaine said ... (7:27 AM) : 

Gorgeous.....

http://www.ceocooleclecticoriginal.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

I know I will raise eyebrows, my girlfriend will "have headaches" every night for next 2 weeks and probably I will get my place in hell for saying that(Karl is the pope afterall), but I didnt like it.
Althought I realize the richness and the innovativeness of the materials, the semi couture finishings, the intricacy of the embroidery, the precisioon in the cut, there is something somber in the collection that gives me a not so pleasant feeling.
And the clunky shoes are in my opinion the ugliest I've seen this season.I really appreciate delicate shoes for women.those platforms are heinous.
Yes,as a show, it was beyond spectacular but the silhouete does not appeal to me.
Sweet Lord, please forgive me for my blasphemies.

 

Blogger Anaivilo said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Karl Lagefeld always put on a spectacular, classy show ! I adore these photos! Gorgeous; wish I was there..

 

Anonymous Olivine - Sur les pavés de Paris said ... (7:31 AM) : 

There is not a lot of color, it looks like winter ! But as it is Chanel, a lot of people would like that.
However, the decoration was really beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

It was great to see Inès de la Fressange again in a Chanel show.

She's one of Chanel's "Icons" to me.

I have a huge collection of her Chanel ads in the 80s.

 

Blogger Blond Panther & Louboutin... said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Love Love Love
I looooooooce lagerfeld
:)


http://deshistoiresdepieds.blogspot.com/2010/10/shoes-style.html#links

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Seriously stunning photos.

Xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

 

Blogger *sunday* said ... (7:37 AM) : 

AMAZING! Karl Lagerfeld is a genius and season after season gets it so right.. Impossible!

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (7:39 AM) : 

Ahh she's lovely. I've admired her since I was a little girl looking through Elle and Vogue in the eighties. She's wearing flats I see. I like that. We tall girls love our flats.

 

Blogger Las Lolicas de siempre said ... (7:42 AM) : 

I have no words... I love it!!!!!!




XOXO

 

Anonymous Don't be So French said ... (7:43 AM) : 

Wow Ines de La Fressange and Karl, I did not think the reunion would happen... Loved those two from a very early age, I used to cut the Chanel ads with her on it when I was 8!! As usual the show looks amazing, great photos!

 

Anonymous Marianne P said ... (7:47 AM) : 

Absolutely fantastic! Love it!

 

Blogger Bella HaHay said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Karl always finds way to take my breathe away. He's good at what he does best.

 

Anonymous jicky said ... (7:48 AM) : 

what a great idea to make Ines come back! she is still so amazing...

 

Anonymous Salomé said ... (7:53 AM) : 

ooh I love the umbrella :)

fashion-rules-dont-exist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mariana Costa Veludo said ... (7:56 AM) : 

amazing

 

Blogger BKDolceVita said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Incredible!!! I love the man in the female black and white outfit!

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (7:57 AM) : 

I love Ines! She looks great. And I like this collection so much more than the hairy boots collection!

 

Blogger d. said ... (7:58 AM) : 

i love it

 

Blogger beths said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Love the photos that capture the magic of that space, especially the first shot.

 

Anonymous kidneybeans said ... (7:59 AM) : 

love the dancing woman's dress and the father/son

 

Blogger Priscilla Joy said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Such a great way to start the day. Thank you for these.
Priscilla Joy

 

Anonymous Ivan Lee said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I wonder if I could dress like Lagerfield and be just as cool.....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Fashion perfection indeed, I totally agree!!!

Absolutely stunning.....and I just love Ines, she is French style personified.

 

Blogger d. said ... (8:09 AM) : 

i love it

 

Blogger msduygu said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Perfection. Chanel never disappoints.
And I love the father-son combo! :)

 

Blogger m_b said ... (8:13 AM) : 

just...wow. fabulous photos.

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (8:23 AM) : 

great idea...amazing!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:37 AM) : 

This is one of the best collection that Lagerfeld ever made and I really love it!!!!! The use of feather and other things...amazing!!!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

How sweet is that kid, looking at the model walking the other way? If I had to walk such a catwalk as a 2-years-old, I would have been dead-scared!

 

Anonymous Eunícia said ... (8:54 AM) : 

WOW!!!!
Gorgeous!!!!
thanks for sharing your perspective.

 

Blogger No Alice No said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Wow.
Un jardin versaillais et des plumes.
Superbe.

Alice.

NOALICENO.BLOGSPOT.COM

 

Blogger Annushka said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Display results in full delight!!!)
The best show)))

 

Anonymous Nadia said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I wrote about it from the outside; great to see it from the inside.

http://thecuratedspectacle.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/chanelgrandpalais/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:54 AM) : 

ugly shoes...

http://izandrew.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Celia said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Stella Tennant!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

With a hint of Stella Tennant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Oh so many thanks for the last heartful pic ! i am so happy for them ! Sunny Side

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Ah, you've just got to love Karl. He looks better every year and so do his designs. Fantastic!

 

Blogger I like Her Style said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I just have to say that I love the last photo the length, the sheerness, the sleeves of the dress on the left is amazing!!! I really enjoyed looking at pictures of this show. Thank you gor sharing your pictures with us.

Rachel
http://ilikeherclass.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mariska said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful!


fighterbeat.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous pieter said ... (10:28 AM) : 

when one thinks of chanel nowadays, one only thinks of karl lagerfeld. but does he make any memorable clothes? no. only lagerfeld as a persona, these nice looking shows and the memory of coco chanel used for advertisement.

 

Anonymous Laila said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Brad Kroenig walking with his little boy! Karl must be jealousssss!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (10:35 AM) : 

love the umbrella, the little grey sparkly tweed hotpants thing and the return of Ines de la Fressange.

 

Anonymous sascha said ... (10:41 AM) : 

utterly stunning!
these photos have completely made my evening.
thankyou! :)

 

Blogger miss twinkletoes said ... (10:46 AM) : 

beautiful pics...amazing collection.

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger x deb said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Amazing !!
And I absolutely adore the long striped dress!

 

Anonymous Ana Magnolia said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Ines! Ines! Ines! La vraie dame! Beauté, sympathie et surtout, beaucoup, beacoup d´esprit!

 

Blogger Lusanda. M said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I love that there's a context. I'm in sunny South Africa so the snow puts me right there. I think it's wonderful!!

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (10:55 AM) : 

She looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Ha! Love the kid holding his father's hand and checking out the butt of the model walking past...

Anyway, love the clothes.

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I've adored Ines from day one and Karl is certainly a genius, but I'd have to call this a weak collection. Very surprising on its own, but especially when compared to the other designers you've shot lately.

 

Blogger Noumia's papers said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I like that, karl lagerfeld is a genious ! Chanel is more fun and fresh with him.

xoxo

http://noumias-papers.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Fasshionxenophile said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Ah, love it.

Love the whole new collection...no beast look nor icicle north pole bear look. ^^

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:40 AM) : 

I see money in these photoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

And how cute is Brad Koenig's son? I love the matching outfit when I saw it the other day. Overall the show looked flawless, but it ended up everywhere so I chose to write about McQueen's show instead. It was good, but overshadowed by Chanel.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Wow, this is gorgeous! I enjoyed seeing the little kid mixed in there. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (12:29 PM) : 

what a great environment.

love the composition and how everything looks.

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

How has no one commented on the hat umbrella?? Adorable. I want one.And the gray jacket above it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Why would the little boy be scared he gets to look at the pretty lady in the short shorts!

 

Blogger kappaboh said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Wow! This whole collection is amazing, and the atmosphere is perfect... it looks like they all forgot about time passing.
Thanks for sharing!

 

Anonymous carole said ... (1:10 PM) : 

SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!
and I would love that fantstic umbrella!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I´ts like Almodóvar and Carmen Maura.
She is a natural beautyfull .
I love her wedding dress from YSL.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

The 'hat' umbrella made me laugh, haha.

It's a great idea (though I'm reminded of the comedic huge-Darth-Vader-helmet effect in Spaceballs a little bit here).

They should make more umbrellas in the shape of other vintage Chanel hats. That would be great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Hands down the *worst* shoes!

 

Anonymous Big M said ... (1:40 PM) : 

So glad Ines is back! Her own collections years ago were to die for. Sorry they never made it across the big pond.

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I'm certain that I may be the cheese that stands alone with this comment but I'm not thrilled with the drastically dark turn Chanel has opted for. Though I this by no means is an indication of the richness and movement of the pieces.

 

Anonymous Johanna said ... (2:03 PM) : 

What a beautiful umbrella!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

so freakin jealous of you right now! you lucky thing.


http://www.mybloglikesfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

This is the best post you've ever had. 1 because I adore her and 2 because my name is Ines and my mother named me after her because Ines helped my mom through my moms modeling years. This is amazing.

<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I'm not sure what this says of the design this season at Chanel, but your photos, taken from a variety of angles and which highlight the grace and elegance of the clothing, make the collection much more palatable that the NYTimes' head-on shots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

This Fashionshow is AMAZING !!! :))
But if you can shoot photos from LV fashionshow ?! I'm in love vith LV !
But theese dresses and high hells are perfect !!
Thank you !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

The best of the best !

 

Anonymous Curro said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Just like "L´Année dernière en Marienbad"

 

Blogger emma-kate said ... (3:33 PM) : 

wow, you are so lucky you got to see this. it's on my dream list to be invited to all the fashion shows. can you do a blog post on how you got into fashion and fashion blogging?

17andalwaysdreaming.blogspot.com x

 

Anonymous Muscovite said ... (3:34 PM) : 

WOW!!!!!!!!umbrella like a big hat!! i want it)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I'm sorry, but ever since seeing the Robert Altman film, I just have to laugh at this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Amazing collection, great shots!!!

Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

 

Blogger taylor said ... (4:21 PM) : 

love how he replaced fux fur with feathers to convey a sense of lightness in this collection....and im happy these two are back together again

http://gramercyboutique.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Didn't I see that black umbrella on Holly Golightly's head when she visited Sally in Sing Sing?!?

 

Blogger M said ... (4:40 PM) : 

It's wonderful to see great people finding their way back to one another.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

What a location!

Love the shoes, the dresses, the drama!

Great photos - looks like you were right on the stage!

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (5:38 PM) : 

The dress on the bottom is amazing! Also, I adore the photo of the man and the child in matching jackets. So adorable.

www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Eléonore said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I was at the show, just perfect !
The orchestra was really amazing !!

http://elleandco.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I love that dark crow outfit on Sasha Pivovarova

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Chanel will never disappoint. You are always amazed, always given the pleasure of seeing the delicateness and detailing of each piece. I've expressed my amazement on my blog with my review on the show. But anyway, Chanel, je t'aime.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous jdit said ... (6:50 PM) : 

That shot of the child looking up at the ruffles going by is absolutely priceless!

 

Anonymous Sian said ... (7:54 PM) : 

Surprisingly, me too I only really like the dramatic outfit on Pivovarova. I'm a fan of Ines' but that robe she's wearing almost looks like a nightgown to me.

 

Blogger KC said ... (8:34 PM) : 

oh chanel always makes THE show but i'm not feeling those platforms.

the little kid is sooo adorable.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Maui Girl Swimwear said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Wow, Ines is back in absolute top form! I REALLY liked these designs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

unimpressed. I hate the shoes.

 

Blogger stilage vienna said ... (10:47 PM) : 

gigantic show! like the last picture ;)

 

Blogger Felipe Jorquera said ... (11:26 PM) : 

damn, the kaiser has gained some weight again!

 

Blogger amy said ... (11:57 PM) : 

The feathers! The sequins! The tweed! Too wonderful for words.

The Style Co-Op

 

Anonymous Catherine said ... (12:00 AM) : 

What a great show! Lovely pictures for a powerful season. I really like this collection for the dresses and the boots. Innovation and creativity, that what people really want to see.

 

Blogger taylor said ... (12:05 AM) : 

best show of paris

 

Blogger Milt-fresh_best-dressed said ... (12:54 AM) : 

STRAIGHT CLASS!!!!LAGERFELD DOEZIT AGAIN!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 AM) : 

Stunning collection! Karl does it again~

Love it!

 

Anonymous Sara @ Purses Pastries Etc... said ... (4:21 AM) : 

Ines is gorgeous and deserves to be on the catwalk! She really adds an extra dash of class to Chanel (and this IS Chanel we're talking about so that's saying a lot!)
The man walking with the little boy is adorable! There's a reason to have a child -- to dress it as a Chanel mini-me!

 

Blogger BluestGreen said ... (4:43 AM) : 

I like the colours =) and the shoes are amazing!

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (4:58 AM) : 

I don't like the platforms,because are not so elegant and chic, but the rest is superbe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Ines is the bomb!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

überchic Inés...WELLCOME back !!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

dommage les chaussures!!!, they push the girls down into the immaculate white runway

 

Anonymous elxoxodemiprima said ... (1:08 PM) : 

at anonymous at 4.09: you wouldn't laugh if you knew that what you dismissed as "this" is valued in more than 6 billion dollars.

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Chanel also for men now!

 

Blogger Amalina said ... (2:30 PM) : 

The man and child pairing...how adorable!!!

www.fashion-feline.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Priscila Rambo said ... (2:35 PM) : 

The brightness, transparencies, lace, skirts, dresses and shorts are the highlight of the collection

 

Blogger Alina said ... (3:53 PM) : 

i would give so much to be there!

www.dionysha.blogspot.com

 

Blogger anthony said ... (3:54 PM) : 

I thought Lagerfeld guillotined de la Fressange. I wish you'd explain what reconciled them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

The Make-Up and shoes are stunning. Although I appreciate the craft and skill behind Chanel I do not feel moved.

 

Anonymous Jenna said ... (6:22 PM) : 

How do I get hired to be one of those cellists?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

i was speechless after this show. over 80 looks of chanel? what could be better? hmmm...nothing.

 

Anonymous Larry Nguyen said ... (3:47 AM) : 

Ines is stunning!

 

Blogger Grace said ... (3:50 AM) : 

Mlle De la Fressange!! Of course with a name like that... Sigh..

 

Blogger redrain said ... (6:53 AM) : 

haha, i absolutely love the hat umbrella!!! it's such a brilliant idea. i can't believe i just saw it the first time :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

I'll just say it. Karl looks ridiculous. He should lose the indoor sunglasses and the pink lipstick, get a haircut, and throw on a nice dark tee shirt. The high collar, pony tail, and fingerless gloves make him look like a stork.

 

Anonymous kelli said ... (12:12 PM) : 

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

 

Blogger wendy said ... (3:28 PM) : 

ohhh thank you so much for this! it's a dream.

 

Anonymous Oliviah said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I LOVE KARL LAGERFELD. He's amazing. This show looks like it was simply surreal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Lagerfeld is king!

 

Blogger j said ... (6:20 PM) : 

I DON'T like Chanel's shoes...

http://acquadirosa.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous shock of life said ... (5:12 AM) : 

i love every single pair of shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

nice to see Ines; love her stores!

 

Blogger Juliet Miller said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Karl is my hero!

I'm so jealous of you. This collection is amazing, i love the feathers!

love JM

http://seethroughjulietmiller.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous coudreMODE said ... (8:26 AM) : 

LOL...great show but Mademoiselle is gonna haunt KL in his dreams for putting a Chanel jacket on a man!

 

Anonymous Leah/ The Farm, The Sea and The Big City said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I love, love Ines!

Another stunning Chanel collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

wow. what radiance.

 

Anonymous aviator said ... (6:47 PM) : 

simply beautiful. chanel will always dominate.

 

Anonymous bonnie said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I wish someone would have perpetuated the no-nonsense practical elegance of Coco Chanel's designs.

 

Blogger Kristal said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Ines is La Ines ! Wonderful woman, smart, witty, classy, epitome of chic! I just loooooooooooove her.

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (10:37 AM) : 

super inspirational

 

Anonymous teryosha said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Ines de la Fressange a Goddess... Karl flawless and Bless him yesssss ...making a season of shoes women will not kill themselves on fashionable to wear.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting