This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Celine

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 04, 2010

At Celine

So, is Celine still top dog?

Comments on "At Celine"

 

Blogger Pots and Frills said ... (7:36 AM) : 

I think so.

 

Blogger ladytacones said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Hey, lovely pictures, great eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

yes, yes, yes!

 

Anonymous David Watts said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Phoebe Philo has definitely got her 'woman' in mind when creating her Celine collections. A woman who wants to come back and add all those unique( yet simplistic and very expensive) pieces to her wardrobe each season. However one feels that the fashion pack will tire of the formula very soon! This was another accomplished collection that utilised impeccable tailoring and which added colour/print to great effect but I do feel some of the pieces were rather too boxy and unflattering!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (7:49 AM) : 

To me, this was the best show in Paris.

 

Anonymous A Girl, A Style said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Though I'd find a lot of these designs difficult to wear myself, this is nothing different from the last collection (which again, I loved on other women, but not so much for me - I'm curvier and prefer more adornments and accoutrements myself) and I certainly appreciate the designs.

That said, I'm relieved white is the new camel. White is infinitely more wearable than camel, which, lets face it, is just a drab shade of beige that few of us can actually pull off with style.

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Amazing collection! Interesting shapes and prints!!

Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 AM) : 

definitely

sabrina,
http://sabthaglam.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

The runway has more curves than the clothing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Yes but Jil Sander running close second if not equal. Lucky us!!

 

Anonymous Blink London said ... (8:09 AM) : 

Wow! Loving the look of the new collection. A nice step forward from the stunning Resort collection http://www.blinklondon.com/

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (8:11 AM) : 

For me, yes, still TOP, or at least one of the top of the top :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

YES! love it love it love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

Celine is indeed top dog. Everything is wearable by real people in real life. The cut!

 

Blogger Diogo Torres said ... (8:33 AM) : 

The colored jumpsuit is cool.


http://fabulouslifeofdiogotorres.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:06 AM) : 

The minimalistic simplicity of Celine is unique and very interesting!!! Love Philo design and style amazing!


http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger vintage1944 said ... (9:15 AM) : 

If not top dog,should be.Wearable clothes,great shapes and colours.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Yes, because there is no need for additional adornment here. I think Phoebe's designs are simple and clean and have longevity.

Minimal is not about what's missing, per se, rather it's about the rightness of what's there.

It's Deliberate Dressing.

 

Blogger MJCK said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Yes, Celine still is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

YES YES YES

 

Blogger BLEUDENIM said ... (10:02 AM) : 

by the looks of it...absolutely still top dog

-Nick

http://lesbluejeans.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

For now, yes, Celine is top dog. Her aesthetic has been a breath of fresh air in the fashion world, offering chic and refreshing pieces for the modern woman. Things will quiet down after a while I believe--but Celine will continue to be valid, providing us with the chicest of wardrobe staples.

 

Blogger Market Savant said ... (10:36 AM) : 

There's always a fine line between minimal and dull. While I understand the appeal of something that works in a lot of different milieus, I don't find it as forward looking as some other collections. Guess it's just not my aesthetic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Great collection, but the photo that really shows your eye is the last with the collection walking out, the unusually wonderful symmetry between the looks. Must have been fantastic to see live.

 

Anonymous webaporter said ... (10:51 AM) : 

love!!

http://www.web-a-porter.co

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

For d woman who wants to look good. Phoebe Philo is the Queen of Paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Um, no.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Even though there's a looser, more relaxed feel to these cloths than in previous collections, there's still an "uptight" quality to her Celine woman that I find off putting.

 

Blogger Alice said ... (11:15 AM) : 

i don´t know about everyone else, but i for sure love it.

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Hmm..menswear inspired, I like that. It's a little to baggy for me though..the colour blocking is interesting though.

www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Blogger the nyanzi report said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Yes Phoebe Philo is still top dog but the language used in her collections will soon tire the fashion crowd as fickle as it is.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I love the trousers!


www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (11:37 AM) : 

lookin snazzy.

great outfits.

the models all look like clones of each other.

rad!

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Beautiful but too cold.

 

Anonymous l'habitué said ... (12:06 PM) : 

YES! This collection is timeless.
I would wear everything.

http://lhabitue.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I love it. This is my style, exactly. Elegant, unstructured and wearable while being very luxurious.

 

Anonymous Salomé said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I like it because I was expexcting something even simpler but the pants and colors are just fantastic.

fashion-rules-dont-exist.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous radical fizz said ... (12:36 PM) : 

so...phisticated!

 

Blogger kukla said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Still current ant true to her girl. Ackermann thou is the top dog for now.

 

Blogger kukla said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Still current ant true to her girl. Ackermann thou is the top dog for now.

 

Anonymous Ben Kennedy McGregor said ... (1:35 PM) : 

I love this collection (not really the white opening, I'm put off the ubiquity of that gimmick this season) but the color blocked pieces and the TROUSERS are to die for. I don't think collection will do much to further the immense growth Celine has had in visibility in the last year or two. I think most of that had to do with beautiful simplistic bags and trendsetting shoes (and largely to those item's visiblity on sites like yours and Garances, let's be frank) and those items don't really seem to be featured here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

The first, second and sixth look from the top look considerably fine to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

i love phoebe but i was disappointed in spring 2011. the final looks were more directional and the prints and colorways, whoo! but its nothing like when she first came back. leather tshirts!

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (2:46 PM) : 

The blue/green cummerbund ivory pants is pure brilliance.

There's an East Asian aesthetic to this collection, somewhat Japanese.

Sart, if you ever want to photograph brilliant & fluid lines & fabrics, try the Lee YoungHee fashion shows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

Always as successful!!!

caro from geneva

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

1000 times YES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Thank you for your daily reports I really enjoy the !

Personally ;I loved it. She (Philo)had a unique and pure design that seems universal and easy to reach. She can be severe but compensates that with the flow of her textiles and some print here and there to break that other wise plain, clean cut clothes.

I do look at some of her colour choices and I am seduced by it. Her combination of classics such as Blue and Terracota (dark Tan) is very modern like this winter she mixed the Black and Blue with the same result.

I compare her and like her just as I loved Dries show in Paris. What in London was Paul Smith, the return of masculine and confortable clothers alegant and timeless , away from those horrible Neons and OTT punk trash like Balmain and Gucci that is suited just for Rock Stars, cannot imagine many mum using those sparkly Marant leggings or even though they where mean to look casual yet they were just not.

As I am tired of the skinny rock and roll trash fashion (Balmain, Ungaro, Marant and a few others like some Burberry OD.) Celine, Paul Smith and Dries as well as Stella McCartney are imho what I can really get insipired .

I just love that she is back and with such a pure from.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Philo did an amazing job once again, but her I have to say that it wasn't as harmonious as her previous collections, in my opinion.

I loved all the pants with the stripes down the side and the block printed green, blue, red, and cream look.

 

Blogger Nude Grace said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Ideal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

NO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

hells to the yes.
not king
but valid enough to respect
much love.
xoxo

The Covetist

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I appreciate the simplicity and cut, but there are many other designers who's work I find much more interesting.

 

Blogger Sonja Blackham said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Very nice but Haider Ackermann is at the top of my list so far this season. The draping silk frocks are all I want so both lines look great!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I love the texture used in this collection and the pop of a variety of color make it just amazing!!

fashionanatomie.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Gene said ... (6:45 PM) : 

You can never have a 'bad' collection with Phoebe Philo as creative director.

http://incognito89.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Michela Bedard said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Yes, absolutely top dog! Nothing can beat this.

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (7:51 PM) : 

I was disappointed. I hate the boxiness of most of the pieces although I love the palate she used. Phoebe usually does no wrong by me-but I really didnt like this collection at all.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (7:57 PM) : 

SOTD,So Obviously Top Dog.

Beautiful, unique, simple, well-tailored. But then show me another collection with a well-executed point of view and I'll give it high accolades too. Sometimes there's a lot of good to choose from.

 

Blogger The Gent. said ... (8:11 PM) : 

Yhea, for me the best show in Paris so far.
Thanks

 

Anonymous IMEANWHAT?!? said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Nope, do not like it!!! So mundane, even with the build-in color blocking. Plus the shirts are huge. People want to look thinner, not fuller.
But check out more photos from Paris Fashion Week's homage to the Burka, or something like it http://bit.ly/cAKiY9

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

I would say yes. This is a great collection. Simple, with great colour blocking. And the leather pieces! Wow!

red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Claire M. said ... (9:37 PM) : 

The model in the 6th and 7th photos is named Janice Seinan, and, seeing as I vaguely know her and her family from highschool it really is odd to see her walking in Celine, as well as opening and closing Lanvin this season! It's so strange to see someone you know from real life situations and memory in a situation, such as the catwalk, that you never associate so closely with real life. I'm very impressed she made it this far! Bravo to her, and massive congratulations.

Beautiful collection as well. So far it is one of the best, and I must say I found Marc Jacobs to be the most dissapointing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

I can't help but question this collection. Firstly, they are very simplistic, and with reference to the minimal amount of money I have saved, I can't help but think whats that point in buying the clothes when you can find cheaper, one offs similar and a third of the price. That is why i tend to appreciate the collections shown that are drastically out there and rich in technique, as one would be paying top dollar for that look...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

I would say YES, definitely, Phoebe never fails, I love how effortless and chic the collection is.

 

Anonymous Susann said ... (9:21 AM) : 

i guess no. and i'm a huge fan of phoebe philos work!! so i'm a bit disappointed. for me yves saint laurent rocked the fashion week. wonderful!!!

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (12:07 PM) : 

wow... this line is amazing and i LOVE the color choices. the pants might be perfection.

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous anne said ... (9:02 PM) : 

really not my cup of tea i am afraid :( i know Phoebe has a huge following, and "degustibus non est disputandum", but since you asked for personal opinions, i will give it :)
this has not inspired me at all. everything in this collection, although obviously of a very high quality, is from "seen before" category.
this one was my biggest disappointment this season, right after Chanel (whom i adore so my heart is breaking when i say this)
apart fom the fact that i will not be buying the "boxy" pieces, a lot of pant/shirt combinations are everywhere to be seen this season and i must admit that Dries Van Noten excited me much more than this collection.
i suppose everyone has their taste and i find Phoebe Philo's designs in this collection just too simplistic

 

Blogger Alice Saga said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I was So Disappointed by this Collection. She is Such A Talent and this I feel, in my opinion, is beneath her. Looking forward to the next season.

x
alice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

it feels light, it looks fine and it will probably sell well too.
But where is the soul???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I love the colors and freshness of this collection! Neat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

absolutely. most women can wear these clothes and not feel like they are playing out to some male fantasy version of what is feminine.

 

Anonymous Leah/ The Farm, The Sea and The Big City said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Oh yes!!!

http://simplesplendidthings.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 AM) : 

My answer is definately YES.
If you watch fashion with a more annalytical eye, you will appreciate this slightly-ahead-of-contemporary and chic styling.
In a previous comment, someone mentioned it wouldn't suit their curvey body shape: I think the structured fluidity, in the designs displayed in your pix, would suit almost all body shapes. And that's intelligent designing: it's wonderfully wearable. Love it.
Ciao, L.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I love this! I think it would work for most shapes a long as you're on the tall side. Love the colors and the looseness.

 

Anonymous andi said ... (2:20 PM) : 

i enjoyed the collection but felt like it might be Celine TRYING to be Celine....if that makes any sense. Though the prints are fun and the aesthetic remains minimalistic, I get a sense for a more 'contrived' minimalism. I don't feel the same effortless, chic simplicity of the last couple of collections.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting