This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

What Chic French Women Wear To Kayak, Adirondacks, NY

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What Chic French Women Wear To Kayak, Adirondacks, NY

Yes, I was with the only woman on Friends Lake, in upstate New York, wearing leopard pants to kayak. It's so fun to learn about the French concept of exercise and sporty activities.

Truth be told, Garance can say that she was with the only guy that tipped over his kayak twice while trying to take pictures. Now I know why they make underwater cameras silver, so you can see them while trying to fish them off of the bottom of the lake.

Comments on "What Chic French Women Wear To Kayak, Adirondacks, NY"

 

Blogger Nolita said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Very chick trousers for sporting!



--Nolita Vintage--

 

Blogger mariel said ... (10:50 AM) : 

heehee, you two are really cute together. :) i love the little posts you dedicate to each other as well.

 

Blogger Beverly. said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Oh, the French, gotta love 'em.

 

Anonymous Annika said ... (10:51 AM) : 

That's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

 

Blogger Michelle Bobb-Parris said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Ah, it's the sporty incarnation of notre chere et chic Garance :)

Michelle

whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com

 

Blogger San said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Haha, your woman is fabulous.

 

Blogger MONICA SORS said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Uauu I love animal print, but never thought about it for sport, I love!!

www.mesvoyagesaparis.blospot.com

 

Blogger Shauna Nep said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Lovely trousers ~

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Very chic, I love it!

 

Anonymous welcome to my jungle said ... (11:08 AM) : 

great!

 

Anonymous Brendaaa said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Effortless style. Who would have thought that those pants would look that good with that ultra stylish life preserver. The red stands out and almost blinds me with it's awesomeness. Actually, the whole outfit blinds me.

Live <3
Laugh <3
Love <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Chic ? These trousers ?
(even for kayak)

Hum !...
I'm too sure about that.

Very ethnic, yes. Chic, no.

Fred

 

Blogger dishly said ... (11:25 AM) : 

ahaha sooooo cute :)
looks like loads of fun!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:28 AM) : 

lol. how cute. the whole thing.

 

Blogger Alexandra said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Oh no, well at least the camera's safe! And Garance is looking very chic here, but it's no surprise that she does, even if it's for kayaking!

http://tovogueorbust.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (11:38 AM) : 

I am sending this to my husband who is taking up kayaking. If he can spend hundreds on a boat, he can throw in a pair of leopard pants for me!

Thank you Garance (and Scott)!

 

Blogger Yevgeniya Yelkina said ... (11:50 AM) : 

hahahha this is amazzing!!!

http://hypnoticfascination.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (11:51 AM) : 

hehehehe...thats sooo funny.... fyi, leopard is the way to go for all life time..hate that its become sooo freaking common, i feel like its invading my wardrobe as a trend..hehe..

hehehe u tripped over your kayak...would have made for a great capture for garance ..lol!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

haha I love how cool this is... animal prints always come in handy :D

 

Blogger caroline said ... (12:02 PM) : 

What, no jaunty scarf?

 

Blogger Karen Wallace said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Love the pants. Warmly, Karen

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (12:17 PM) : 

you are two crazy ... but I love you ... great pic
Garance has more style for kayaking

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

She is so fabulous and talented! I want those pants.....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Garance owns that look!

Great story, Scott.

http://www.riotgrrrltheory.net/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Leopard pants for sports! Never thought about it, what a cool idea!

Check out Hong Kong streetstyle from my blog:

http://remedyrouge.blogspot.com

 

Blogger CLAUDIA C. said ... (12:58 PM) : 

VERY SPORTY!!!!!!!

http://audreyismyfavourite.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Haha hilarious... Kayak can be so dangerous ;-)


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com/
-diary of a fashion stylist-

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (1:06 PM) : 

i don't think it's chic at all..

 

Blogger Jakarech said ... (1:16 PM) : 

LOVING the pants!!

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

You should go to Marbella in Spain, they know how to do leopard print!

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Good to see you guys have a life outside of fashion as fashion is not always everything as some may become.

 

Blogger Laura @ 52 FLEA said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Hey you were up here in my neck of the woods! Yes, I can truthfully say that I have never seen such a stylish kayaker! Next time, stop over for blueberry pancakes! :)

 

Blogger kater said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Ahh, I saw that drive-in post in my google reader! How exciting that you're right in my neck of the woods, I go there all the time!

If you are still in the area, by some change, you should come stop in a bakery I work at--called Crisan in Albany, since we have to-die-for eats and often very stylish customers (slash counter-girls, not to give myself too much credit)!

:)

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I want an underwater camera! This is an adorable photo and I am loving the pants. I would want something better suited for the water if I fell out or tipped over. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Mcmaris said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Sounds like it was a good time, and those leopard pants are FAB!

 

Blogger Spardha Malik said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She's so eclectic!!!! I love it!

I hope to see more such posts... an outsider's view on french aesthetics! hehe

 

Anonymous Anna said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Thanks for your continual reminder that fashion can and should be fun!

xoxo

 

Blogger Klever Girl said ... (1:57 PM) : 

We've got to learn from the amazingly fashionable duo....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Adorable! Your post put a smile on my face on a very tough day. Only our Garance would bring the fall animal print trend to the Adirondacks!

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (2:06 PM) : 

LOL...I wish Garance got a picture of you in the water, it would have been priceless!

Stop by & see British ELLE's biggest ever 25th Anniversary Shoot/Video!

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/09/british-elle-25th-anniversary-issue.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 PM) : 

frenchies are classy :)

xxx
http://mlpdm.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

She does look cute--but a little too reminiscent of Zubaz for me.

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Who does this?

Awesome. = )

http://jimjims.net

 

Anonymous Mademoiselle Marie said ... (3:16 PM) : 

hahah we, french girls, know what to wear in every circumstance :))

xx

www.mademoiselle-marie.fr

 

Blogger Collette Osuna said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Hahahaha..they are right, animal prints are everywhere!!

Statements in Fashion

 

Anonymous Benedicte said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Go Garance, defend our chic !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Absolutely brilliant - I love her style. I do prefer the sorts of exercise that allow one to still wear leopard prints and Chanel (cycling, walking, and now kayaking!)

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

what a cute post!

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (5:43 PM) : 

It's a little over-the-top for my style, but if it fits, make it work.

www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Hahaha I am a French chic woman and I would never wear this to kayak!

 

Blogger Louise said ... (7:57 PM) : 

That's fantastic! It reminds me of lady Gaga, who came over to Waiheke Island in New Zealand and went fishing in her high heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I live in Saratoga Springs! I would have loved to see some leopard pants in Upstate!

 

Blogger sara said ... (8:52 PM) : 

hehehe you must be the cutest couple of the blogosphere!!!

http://joursrouges.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Em said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Of course this is Garance! And that's why we all love her x

 

Anonymous Computer Backpack said ... (9:08 PM) : 

now that looks cozy

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:18 AM) : 

it doesn't get more outdoor than animalprint, i guess. and if you have to kayak, do it with style... even when your fancy bottom-half is safely hidden from view in the kayak.

there is a certain sneakyness about the angle from which this picture was taken, though. so... what were YOU wearing to kayak?

 

Anonymous Purses Pastries Etc... said ... (4:35 AM) : 

Love the photo -- how chic! -- and couldn't help but laugh along with your ordeal of fishing for your camera. I'm very glad it still works :)

 

Blogger Diana said ... (5:35 AM) : 

hihi, my first thought was looking at the pic, that it shows, that Garance wear flipflops (and flats in general) not that often, she walks, like a little duckling :-)...ok so leopart print for sport is...a little bit 50+ for me (at least in this part of the world), but a frenchie can wear what she wants, will be always the most stylish of the world..

 

Anonymous Gabriela said ... (5:58 AM) : 

This is brilliant!

It is such a big challange for me to dress relatively 'nice' while practicing outdoor activities...

Please Sart, some more of these sporty posts would be of great inspiration -and help!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:49 AM) : 

she deffs rocks the kayak! LOL. xxx


http://cestlamademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I live on the sea and when the water turns to a shimmery sheet of glass, I will hop in my kayak in whatever I might be wearing... sometimes a skirt with my rubber boots. In my world there are no lines between function and fashion.

 

Blogger Closet full of hopes and dreams said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I love those pants! Why should we suddenly become anonymous and wear a "uniform" when working out or doing something physical? Plus sweatpants are sweaty! These pants look so breezy and comfortable. Hats off for Garance! (Again...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Haha, it's fantastic. Like a Bond-girl. I think I'll wear a dinner jacket next time I'm going rowing.

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (3:48 PM) : 

leopard water shoes would be a clutch addition too...

 

Anonymous Michaela said ... (4:36 PM) : 

First I love the pants and second, I was actually upstate over the weekend as well about five miles from Friends Lake. I have a lot of memories of going to Friends Lake Inn.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:47 PM) : 

she looks stylish and comfortable - sensational!

 

Anonymous donna said ... (2:54 PM) : 

cute? yes (especially if, like me, one "knows" and appreciates garance's style and sense of humor from reading her blog). but, chic? no

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

DEFINITELY SHE'S A VERY CHIC WOMAN, BUT NOT AT ALL WITH THIS OUTFIT!!! SORRY... LOVE YOUR POST! :)

 

Anonymous wholesale Juicy Handbags said ... (9:52 PM) : 

I am just trying out your new predictions platform.
This is interesting for Collective intelligence purposes and well done

 

Anonymous Melissa said ... (10:39 PM) : 

What I love about this photo is that the lady has taken pride in herself and has made an effort to dress well, no matter the occassion... even if she is on her way to kayak- I am not a fan of lazy dressing! x

 

Anonymous Jouer poker said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Continue like it ! I like your pics. How you can find too awesome pics ?!
Thank you.

 

Blogger Genuine Lustre said ... (8:51 AM) : 

The Adirondacks - our favorite getaway spot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

yes yes yes! now that we bought a house on a river w/ a pool no less, i must be in sporty gear more often. despise shorts on me. breezy leopard it is! thanks garance. now, where to get them.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

friends lake inn is what one of my favorite restaurants period.

 

Anonymous louis said ... (11:52 PM) : 

Your site is amazing.I am very impressed to see this,i want to come back for visiting your site.Keep doing Good as well as you can..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I always just end up wearing a bathing suit and shorts while kyaking, but it's good to see other people in the ADK who are fashionable while sporting!

I'm impressed you managed to get your camera working after taking a dunk twice over. Awesome, nonetheless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

oh god i love both of you guys so much, a perfect couple! plus i loooveeeee garance's pants, i definitely want one!! does anyone know where she might have gotten them? xx<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Oh how this made me smile. spent all last weekend kayaking around Tomales Bay, 1 1/2 hours north of San Francisco. Wish I would have had Garance's pants although my shorts from All Saints were not a bad alternative! xo

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (12:53 PM) : 

You were up near my vacation home and I missed ya! Did you have fun?
Go to Warrensburg to Oscar's smokehouse for Beef Jerky? Best in the world!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting