This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Jonathan Saunders, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

At Jonathan Saunders, London

The best show I saw in London.

The combination of colors was great, the silhouettes were strong and flattering, and the models looked healthy, sexy and chic.

Comments on "At Jonathan Saunders, London"

 

Blogger Monsieur Boivin said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Wonderful shapes, colors and patterns. Loving it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

all of it is beautiful and un-frilly.
i especially adore the orange camp-shirtdress.

*sP

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:43 PM) : 

The color are beautiful! I want the orange dress!

 

Anonymous selena said ... (3:44 PM) : 

everything of this reminds me prada

 

Blogger Collette Osuna said ... (3:44 PM) : 

The color pops are fantastic!! I wanna wear orange right now, lol:)

great pics!

Have a Fabulous day!
Statements in Fashion Blog

 

Blogger Marloes | The Style Sandwich said ... (3:49 PM) : 

I love the models. The collection looks great on them! I agree, amazing show.

thestylesandwich.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Turbo said ... (3:49 PM) : 

The lighting and colors are awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

so fresh and fascinating colors!
prima!

 

Blogger Anaivilo said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Loved it also! :D I like the shape of the skirts, so feminine! :D

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Yes, the colors are wonderful, yes, the models look healthy and yes, I love it even though it kinda looks like Prada.

 

Blogger chuck said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Extremely fresh and crisp looking

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Wow, super fresh!

I'm a sucker for those ankle wraps.

 

Blogger calculus_girl said ... (4:04 PM) : 

This is one of the few fashion shows I see and think "Wow, I could possibly wear some of those." Pretty much all high fashion nowadays is for sticks, and being not-so-skinny myself, I tend to scoff at most of the looks on the Sartorialist knowing that they wouldn't look good at all on me. A-line skirts look good on everyone, and they're classy and sexy. LOVING the red lipstick on the models.

 

Blogger crystal said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Beautiful and fresh!

 

Blogger blake said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Squeaky clean and full of confidence. I let out a little gasp of delight when the page loaded. Thanks Scott!

http://www.iamsoagree.org

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Oh I love the makeup for this show! I never get tired of the red lip / nude face look.

 

Anonymous mayhem said ... (4:11 PM) : 

love love love the colors. now this is a job well done.

 

Blogger Fasshionxenophile said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I like those kinda retro looks too.
No military, no edgy, no big attitude..... ^^

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (4:13 PM) : 

love the whole collection - just great!

 

Blogger Lawn Party said ... (4:13 PM) : 

YAY for color!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I am floored by ALL of these outfits! The color blocking combined with the softer florals and fabrics is really stunning.

And those shoes! Love the grey wrapped around the ankles. I adore it all!

 

Blogger Ruta said ... (4:15 PM) : 

I agree with you so much that this is the best collection in London. It is finally something fresh and modern, something that makes you feel a little bit inspired and happy. I don't want to be negative about fashion but nowadays it is often being really monotonous. The clothes and the name remind me of Jil Sanders which is also a good thing since I am a big fan of the brand :) Let's hope to have more positive vibes in Milano and Paris! I miss it !

 

Blogger Danielle Merket said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Ohhh, I'm liking those two tone shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:23 PM) : 

LOVE the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Wow! I'm a landscape architect and these dresses look like sexy portfolio shots of landscape plans...LOVE THESE. Thanks for posting!

 

Blogger Angel said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I need to get some work done, so Scott, please stop posting so many amazing photos in one day!!! LOL.. what can I say, the colors with neutrals and then those bright colors that POP!!! Such Feminine outfits, and could work off the runway just they way they are.

angelspov.blogspot.com

 

Blogger jennim said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Wow, I think this is my first time ever liking anything off a runway. New favorite designer? I think so.

 

Anonymous Demeter said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Healthy? Look at no. 1 again…

 

Blogger Valerie said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Pretty!!!

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (4:39 PM) : 

This collection looks amazing!! Love it, so pretty and crisp!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous EB said ... (4:44 PM) : 

LOVE the colour. love the silhouettes, love love love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I too, love the shapes. And buttoned collars!

 

Blogger Booboo said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Totally agree about the models looking healthy- they look fabulous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I love this collection! The bold colours are great.

sequinedowl.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Wallace Chapman said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Jonathan Saunders - wow, what a star!

http://www.streetandcityphotos.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Gorgeous, especially that orange dress. Alas, when I visit the Jonathan Saunders web site, I cannot locate any of these designs. :-(

 

Blogger Devi said ... (4:57 PM) : 

I absolutely love the shoes as well. I want them in all the colors.

 

Blogger Adriana said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Could not agree more! Gorgeous & bright.
For some reason I also love the last model's little birthmark on her left leg. I have a leg birthmark too!

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (5:00 PM) : 

These clothes are so beautiful they make me want to cry.

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (5:01 PM) : 

loving the color blocking!!!

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Malgorzata said ... (5:08 PM) : 

So chic and so sexy :)

great photo :)

 

Blogger Hatchet said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I could put one of these girls amongst my Swiss-designed home decor and she'd look perfect. And I mean that in a good way. Very clean and fresh.

 

Blogger Monika said ... (5:24 PM) : 

2nd and 3rd outfit = AMAZING:)

 

Anonymous Miranda said ... (5:25 PM) : 

these colors are great!

 

Blogger A La Femme said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I love these looks!!

http://alafemme.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Those SHOES, especially the last pair.

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Very crisp! I love that pleated skirt with the stripes on the bottom. Lovely!

 

Blogger The Hautist said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Beautiful...

Please visit
thehautist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Leah said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Not to be snarky, but in what universe would these models be considered "healthy" looking?? They're all super skinny (as usual), especially the top one. Her arms are scary! That being said, these clothes are adorable. The orange dress is to die for.

 

Blogger Michelle Bobb-Parris said ... (6:12 PM) : 

So clean and fresh. I love these images. I want the clothes...

Michelle

whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (6:29 PM) : 

these girls look too serious.

but the styling is rad!

http://jimjims.net/

 

Blogger Privalia México said ... (6:34 PM) : 

¡Great collection! Lovely colours.
Kisses, Privalia
http://bit.ly/privaliamexico

 

Anonymous Matilda said ... (6:42 PM) : 

These designs and the shoes are a delicacy. And fantastic the combination of the colours with the tone of the skin of the models.
But they are not healthy at all.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (6:46 PM) : 

I love the shoes!


www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Georgeous! Thanks for posting these and yes, that orange dress is to die for.

 

Blogger Composite Art & Design said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Real nice candy colours used sparingly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

omg i love these!!! especially the first dress, just beautiful!!

fashionanatomie.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Bored_ said ... (8:03 PM) : 

That first skirt almost made me die.

goodness gracious.
so clean, so crisp.

 

Blogger eja_crepusculario said ... (8:03 PM) : 

The first photo is brilliant. Well done, Mr. Schuman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

The orange dress with the turquoise belt...TO DIE FOR.

SR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Surprisingly I like it. It has that coming of age 60's housewife feel, but with color. I think now is the time to play with prints because let's face it there isn't much you can do to play with shape or shilouette anymore.

 

Blogger Elizabeth Fay said ... (8:33 PM) : 

My, my! How pretty the tan dress and shoes are.

 

Blogger Jonathon Pedrozo said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I love colour block & transparencies! smart dresses.

xx,
JON
http://jonathonfashionvictim.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

nice, they look like a bunch of modern day versions of mad men secretaries, especially the orange one :)

 

Blogger Admin said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Beautiful.

http://madeclassic.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jane See said ... (9:24 PM) : 

This collection is so wearable I love them :) And I really like the belts too.

 

Blogger Lee Oliveira said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Wow, how fresh and gorgeous colours. Very girly chic.

http://leeoliveira.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

awesome! now i know what to do with my gaff tape! i have a roll of silver that's just dying to be wrapped around my ankles. so glad i don't have cankles...

 

Blogger Ela Marin said ... (10:39 PM) : 

yeah, this collection is *awesome*. But I personally wouldn't use "healthy" to describe these models. They still look like other models who weigh 90 lbs.

 

Blogger L said ... (10:41 PM) : 

This collection is amazing. I love the dress with the orange pattern, the beige ensemble and everything else.

 

Anonymous SarahJayne @ Goldmine Trash Vintage said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Those colors! <3 <3

 

Blogger Fashion Cappuccino said ... (11:03 PM) : 

I agreed with Scott! The models look very healthy and pretty. In my opinion, most people who are still calling models skinny or unhealthy are way insecure about their appearance and are jealous. Sad.

 

Blogger Ashley Arnold said ... (12:25 AM) : 

The shoes are phenomenal. Love the high ankle-wrap around the ankle and the minimal coverage in the front. Fabulous.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:07 AM) : 

look at that color and those prints! wow. love it.

http://www.informalthing.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

Uh-oh... I think I'm the only person who really isn't digging this collection. The shapes strike me as boxy and awkward, and the colors seem garish, not playful, at least in combination. (I'd love the blue & green shoes with something else.) But I appreciate seeing the images with your commentary (and that of the other commenters)--it's fun to share ideas and impressions with smart, thoughtful people!

 

Anonymous Avantika said ... (2:05 AM) : 

oh love the blue and green shoes!

 

Blogger Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said ... (2:39 AM) : 

The models do look super healthy! I love the top part of the dress in the first picture. I think adding sheer accents to dresses and tops like that are so beautiful if done right.

www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Roychelle said ... (2:42 AM) : 

well, the colors used here are rather refreshing! my favorite would have to be between the 1st and the 3rd.

 

Anonymous clementine said ... (2:44 AM) : 

yeah, i gotta say, while i dig the clothes, i wouldn't say the models are necessarily "healthy, sexy, and chic." maybe chic, but i see a lot of bones and flimsy arms and legs. this isn't to criticize those girls by any means, i'm just pointing out what i've observed. love the fashion, but wouldn't want to be one of the girls wearing it.

 

Blogger agnes szucs said ... (3:07 AM) : 

love them all... so fresh!

 

Blogger Pink said ... (3:51 AM) : 

love the red lips!!!!

check out the new post at http://thetalesofselfindulgence.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Rosa and Carlotta: Illustrated-Moodboard said ... (3:53 AM) : 

This collection is amazing!!
I love almost everything, from the models to the shoes!


xx
Check out our fashion illustrations at Illustrated-Moodboard.com ! = )




.

 

Anonymous grumpy said ... (4:30 AM) : 

Cute shoes but too much toe cleavage for my tastes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 AM) : 

love the fresh prints and pops of colour against a quiet neutral backdrop. the make up is gorgeous - luminous skin, clean brows, juicy lips.

 

Anonymous classiq said ... (5:34 AM) : 

beautiful collection! it's a hit

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:35 AM) : 

They all look so chic...nice photography. Makes me wanna go back digital.....

 

Blogger The Style Scout 2 said ... (6:40 AM) : 

Wow, agree, gorgeous! I love the orange print dress!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:03 AM) : 

i love the plaided skirt!!! xxx


http://cestlamademoiselle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (7:53 AM) : 

I'm smitten! And I really appreciate the just-above the knee option for those of us past the age of mid-thigh. All too often this past Spring and Summer I'd fall in love with a dress only to realize there wasn't quite enough of it. These are beautiful and remind me of the lovely dresses, skirts and blouses my mother wore in the early 60s.

 

Blogger Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Fantastic colours and shapes. Love these.

 

Blogger Paula said ... (9:14 AM) : 

The orange dress! Oh my! I gasped with joy when I saw it! So pretty.

 

Anonymous all-in-the-silhouette said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Prada meets Lilly Pulitzer. Vintage shapes, but with a totally modern palette and prints. (In fact, one of those prints looks just like a painting by Peter Alexander).

Beautiful, beautiful collection, with (again) elegant shoes, thank goodness.

 

Blogger rose said ... (9:34 AM) : 

I agree, the models look healthy and fresh here, not gaunt like in some shows. and the colours are so fun and uplifting! :)
x
http://dessert--rose.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

The second photo is amazing!

 

Blogger sue said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I love color so much and I love what you have posted!

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (9:49 AM) : 

The shoes! So sexy and feminine!
Clothes and colors lovely as well....I agree there are a couple of things I can imagine wearing -which is unusual for "runway" clothes!

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (9:57 AM) : 

I'm really happy to the see the return of longer skirt lengths.

 

Anonymous elxoxodemiprima said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Undoubtly the best collection at LFW.
prim, creative and still commercial.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful!

 

Blogger Flavia said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I like more, this return of '50 years, that was amazing and crazy in the use of colors and of the woven clothes that seems not to coexist but is located so beautiful that likes.

 

Anonymous cashmere scarf addict said ... (10:30 AM) : 

My gosh! I luuuurrrrrrrve the shoes! Wish my pocket and wallet won't hurt if I buy one! ;)

 

Blogger Siblings said ... (10:35 AM) : 

LOVE how striking the colours are.

 

Blogger Sandy said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Loves these outfits! They are so retro with a splash of bright colors. amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

stunning stunning stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Beautiful and wearable, right off the runway. How rare is that? I agree with a previous poster that these are a throwback to ladylike clothes my mom wore. The orange dress has wonderfully-fitting raglan sleeves, my favorite cut. Thanks for these wonderful photos!

 

Anonymous annea said ... (11:42 AM) : 

love when designers use color so unabashedly—the shoes are wonderful accompaniments to these lovely garments. it's wild in the best way!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (11:56 AM) : 

How fresh and bright. Especially the orange dress!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Very current with a look to the past without falling into the copy.

 

Anonymous Colie said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Love the color, classic yet daring. FAB!

 

Blogger Zuzia said ... (12:34 PM) : 

the first dress is the best! awesome collection.

the-red-zebra.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Jenava said ... (1:03 PM) : 

OMG, I must get my hands on these clothes! I ADORE the orange and white colorblocked blouse + blue and white printed skirt.

 

Blogger Blubbermädchen. said ... (1:19 PM) : 

amazing dresses!!!

http://www.blubbermaedchen.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Megan said ... (1:21 PM) : 

i love the orange dress with sweet baby blue splashes. i also love those blue shoes with green ribbon. Fantabulous!!

 

Anonymous Aasia said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Orange band on the white shirt..Quirky.
I'm an instant fan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

OMG!
those Louboutins are like a cherry on a piece of cake!!

 

Anonymous Therese said ... (2:10 PM) : 

These girls are not healthy, far to skinny. I've had anorexia and workes with people with eating disorders and I'm not accusing them for having a eating disorder, but they certainly need to gain weight for being normal weight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

These clothes are just lovely. What a woman wants to wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

the models look healthy, sexy???

 

Anonymous wilson said ... (6:00 PM) : 

@ therese: please , get a life.
not every skinny girl suffer from an eating disorder.
the girls DO LOOK HEALTHY AND NORMAL.
I have 2 daughters, they are skinny as those models and absolutely healthy in all aspects.ahh, and I am a medical doctor.

 

Blogger anu said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Those shoes look bloody awful. Like the models feet were about to slip out of them any second. They look terribly uncofortable and ill fitting. If you look at the pictures, you'll notice the models feet are hardly inside the shoes at all.

 

Anonymous Andrea Desde el Trópico... said ... (9:21 PM) : 

The first dress is absolutely gorgeous!!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (6:00 AM) : 

Great pictures: you are completely right about colours, silhouettes and lines!

Overall London Fashion Week has been extremely disappointing. I guess London has disappeared off the world map of fashion this season. There were a few good collections, but so few! I would expect ten times that in NYC, twenty times that in Milan or in Paris.

I shall definitely remember Jonathan Saunders from now on.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

This show is really great. Compare to the Prada show. These clothes are wonderfully wearable.

The only problem I have is the length of some of the skirts. Whereas the length of the orange dress is perfect I just don't think the flare suits the shorter dresses. It's trying to make grown women look like little girls and I think this is a bad idea.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

For some reason these outfits made me think of Grace Kelly.

 

Blogger ... said ... (12:36 PM) : 

love the first creation!

http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger LimtdEdition said ... (1:03 PM) : 

i LOVE all of the looks! Structured yet playful!

http://limtdedition.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Oh yeah!!! Nothing to add to your comments :)

 

Anonymous Olga ('miscellanious') said ... (4:33 PM) : 

so sophisticated, and obviously sexy, in a subtle way. thank you for posting, haven't ever heard about this label, what a shame))

 

Anonymous Sarah Bee said ... (5:44 PM) : 

Is it just me, or is there something in the line and style of those shoes that make the foot look even more naked...than if the girls had been barefoot. Concealing to reveal. Very sexy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Love it, one of my favorites, got Gucci S/S 2011 look book from their fashion show, also liked Versace. Al in my blog under the Label Look book,

 

Blogger TheHypeAround... said ... (7:45 PM) : 

An avalanche of freshness! Love the style and the great use of color. And how about that orange print shirt dress....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:01 PM) : 

This is the kind of selection I aspire to in my own wardrobe. If I could afford these pieces, I'd buy every single ensemble. Such a great twist on classic almost "Mad Men" style. Sigh. Knock off suggestions? Anyone?

 

Blogger Claud said ... (2:48 AM) : 

Wow, I can see why! And it's just in the photos! What more if I saw them in actual? This is lovely overload! :)

 

Blogger esther said ... (9:38 PM) : 

that first dress, GAH!

these clothes are really and truly refreshing to see. sweetly feminine yet daring.

this almost makes me tired of the distressed and disheveled looks that are so prevalent.

FRESH.
thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Kira said ... (12:16 AM) : 

I love it! It makes me so happy when I see unique design on the runway that is actually wearable. That orange splatter print is fresh and beautiful on that classic silhouette. And, the turquoise accent is perfect.

 

Anonymous raul said ... (11:43 AM) : 

i totally agree with the doctor who posted above..As a family doctor myself I see these models looking very healthy indeed.
what much of people don't still know is that what they see as "normal" is in reality slightly overweighted.
fantastic collection. the best from London

 

Anonymous VIKIDEA said ... (11:46 AM) : 

VIKIDEA loves Jonathan Saunders' outfits. Coloured and amazing dresses, so fresh and gorgeous

 

Blogger misselisak said ... (5:57 PM) : 

I think I am in Love...

 

Blogger Alegna said ... (8:17 PM) : 

Beautiful. I love this collection. I want these clothes. And the ballerina-esque shoes with the ankle wraps. Love the colors.I just love everything about it.

 

Blogger derek said ... (12:19 AM) : 

loves it~~!!! its colorful but it's not distracting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

love the looks and really appreciate your mentioning that the models look healthy, sexy and chic! so many models look so scary they almost unfairly turn me off from the clothing itself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

i love what the first model is wearing, i would love that, wonderful colouring, summer is finally here...

 

Blogger Cassandra Dias said ... (10:30 AM) : 

These outfits are so cute! Great collection :)

xo
Cassie

 

Anonymous Lindalou said ... (12:29 PM) : 

The colour looks amazing, especially as everyone in the background is wearing black!

 

Blogger Maggie said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Hey i was just looking through the Liberty London Girl blog and found a picture she took at this show. You are in it across the runway from her! I thought you might like to know.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Must have that orange dress now. I have always loved Jonathan Saunders. The shoes are genius. Simple so that the focus is on the clothing.

 

Blogger Adrianna Traxler said ... (10:33 PM) : 

I will do anything to own that last skirt...its pure perfection.

Gorgeous collection

 

Blogger Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said ... (12:38 PM) : 

those colours are pure love

 

Blogger josiechay said ... (6:26 AM) : 

i agree, they certainly look healthy, and my what brilliant pairing of colours.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting