This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Augustus Hotel, Forte dei Marmi, Italy

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Augustus Hotel, Forte dei Marmi, Italy

If you are ever in Italy during the Summer you've got to try the Augustus Hotel in Forte di Marmi. As beautiful as this place looks, it smells even better.





Comments on "The Augustus Hotel, Forte dei Marmi, Italy"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

The picture of a chair is really good!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Nice photos of a very nice location. I am ready to go.

 

Blogger savvycityfarmer said ... (4:38 PM) : 

yeah baby ... nothing like a good swim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Please, someone take me there!!! It is incredible place!

 

Blogger Erin :: EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga said ... (4:39 PM) : 

wow this place does look beautiful....in tuscany i like to get out of viareggio for the coast. I'll definitely make a note of forte dei marmi!

 

Anonymous @grapesofkath said ... (4:43 PM) : 

You absolutely MUST have the fritto misto at one of the square's trattorias. So delicious and paired with Prosecco makes for the perfect summer!

 

Blogger mrtwice said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Simply awesome!

 

Blogger Louis Duke Photography said ... (5:00 PM) : 

LOVE

 

Blogger GB said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Looks heavenly!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Super!

 

Anonymous caitlin said ... (5:18 PM) : 

lovely!

 

Blogger J.Ro said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I would risk drowning to have that lifeguard touch me.

www.jrocomedy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

No doubt, it's great. So simple, but still in between sumptuous and decadent.
But hey! Let an Italian girl tell you it's Forte DEI Marmi, not Forte di Marmi!
:)

 

Blogger Julie & Hannah said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Wauw, it looks so wonderful! I love Italy! :)

 

Blogger Tomma said ... (5:24 PM) : 

I love these pictures! A hotel in Italy which has it's own beach is my idea of paradise (or at least of the perfect vacation)!

 

Anonymous alexandra said ... (5:27 PM) : 

so jealous. these photographs are absolutely gorgeous - love the colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

a feast
for the senses

 

Anonymous Ines Matos said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Makes me want to go on holiday.. again. :)

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (5:46 PM) : 

This will definitely be added to my MUST VISIT list! Thanks for the tip Scott, it's so beautiful.

You & Garance need to visit this beach...
http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/08/can-i-just-share.html

 

Blogger fasoolka said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Wow, beautiful place, beautiful picture!

 

Blogger Megan said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I'm packing now....


NaughtyBaubles

NaughtyBaubles on Etsy

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Wow, it looks gorgeous!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Mathias said ... (6:50 PM) : 

I'm not sure, but I think I saw you in a hotel/vineyard in Tuscany near the city of Sambuca about a month ago. Was it you?

 

Blogger mary louise said ... (7:20 PM) : 

really beautiful

styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Forte dei Marmi is a pretty cool place but the way they have the beach all jail-celled off is really awful. You have to pay a lot of money to have access to the beach... and the beach is HUGE. The town and food are great though. I'll pass on its beach and go up to Viareggio, Santa Margherita, etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

I love your pics. What camera do you use?

 

Blogger Couture and Crayons said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Absolutely beautiful. Hydrangeas are my ultimate favorite, I'd give anything for a garden like that.

 

Blogger Francesca C said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Very nice photos!!!I love Forte dei marmi :)
thefunnygame.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

i really like tha cane chair

 

Anonymous hillarykay said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Everything looks perfect...right down to the lifeguard! ;)

xx

www.ifipoopedgoldbars.com

 

Blogger Kim Long said ... (9:05 PM) : 

inspiration for my dreams tonight ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Wow, all those flowers are so beautiful!

xoxo
http://talkaboutstyle.wordpress.com/

 

Blogger KC said ... (10:20 PM) : 

right now, i'd like to escape to this place.

http://nouveauskin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Wow! Such a nice place!

beautiful pistures!

 

Anonymous Brisbane Dentist said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Love those pieces really pretty

 

Anonymous Luna said ... (10:58 PM) : 

I like the fact that you love Tuscany, cause I love it too!
But, in the name of the love we share, please replace *DI* with DEI: Forte Dei Marmi! :)

This beautiful hotel reminded me of Villa Corte Lotti, a B&B in Pietrasanta, not far from Forte Dei Marmi, where I had a great time not long ago. geez... I miss summer already!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Oh those gorgeous flowers! So lovely...

 

Blogger Eugenia Woods said ... (11:04 PM) : 

Makes me wish I were sipping a glass of champagne and sitting in that wicker chair!

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (11:45 PM) : 

Is the Botticelli lifeguard included with the room? ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 PM) : 

so retro.. like from the movies.. things fom the movie do exist

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:59 AM) : 

great photos, love theese hotel (:

http://pineplanet.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Estee said ... (1:24 AM) : 

lovee forte!! one of my favourite places in the world. u have to have the chocolate doughnuts and salted breads from the bakery in the main sq.

 

Anonymous What's the Rage? said ... (1:36 AM) : 

This place looks absolutely beautiful!! I would love to go here someday!!!


http://whatstherage.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kristian said ... (1:38 AM) : 

Can almost smell it. Wonderful location.

 

Anonymous Ladybird said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Ah, the private beaches in Italy, heaven! I wish I was there right now!

 

Blogger Overdressed said ... (2:38 AM) : 

Forte is my everything!

I've been going there every summer since I was 3...some photos from my Forte this summer:

http://www.theoverdressed.com/2010/08/in-black-and-white-motion.html

http://www.theoverdressed.com/2010/08/skirts-and-sweaters.html

Tanti baci x

 

Blogger COCO KATO said ... (2:41 AM) : 

everything thought after. view and surroundings.. even the chair with little pillow for your head to rest....... amazing!

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (3:30 AM) : 

looks great, I think I'm putting that on my unwritten places-to-go-to-list :p.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 AM) : 

Avgvstvs Hotel once was Angnellis' villa in Forte dei Marmi..so, of course it's a beautiful, sumptuous and decadent place..

 

Anonymous Purses Pastries Etc... said ... (3:59 AM) : 

I promise that next time I'm in Italy during the summer I'll take your advice -- no problem!

 

Anonymous dishly said ... (4:14 AM) : 

woww the place looks adorable!
any suggestions for a good place to stay during the winter?

 

Blogger Harriette Richards said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Take me there...

http://harriette-forthedreamers.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ju said ... (5:00 AM) : 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Perfect...

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (5:02 AM) : 

I spend many summers in Forte dei Marmi and I love it! wonderful pics!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Becca said ... (9:29 AM) : 

What I wouldn't give to find a bicycle like that (and a man like that for that matter)!

Becca

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

looks really romantic :)

xx http://thestylecat.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Iris Tinunin said ... (9:32 AM) : 

I love you love it!
I live there all year long not only in summer! Forte dei marmi is beautiful also in winter when the beach is all fr me :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

i also love the shot of the chair! and the 2nd pic, of all the flowers, wow! beautiful, all of them really. :)
www.indigopeacock.com

 

Blogger viejecita said ... (9:47 AM) : 

As I've said before, you should have a blog about buildings as a sideline.
Your photos are great. Not just when the subjects are the houses, and the gardens, but also when the buildings and the gardens are there as background for the people in front.

It would be great to have "The Architectural Sartorialist", too.

 

Anonymous the boot said ... (9:50 AM) : 

i am so there once the weather is nice again! it really does look like it smells beautiful!

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (9:53 AM) : 

It looks beautiful!! I can imagine the scent of all the flowers.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Wow. I want to go to there.

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (10:21 AM) : 

lovely, the beautiful colors in Italy...

 

Blogger Mi Satake said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Aaaaaaaah , very, very nice photos!
Perfect!

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Wow, this place looks amazing! What an absolute great location for a getaway! Really like the beach huts! And those flowers...

 

Anonymous Lindsay said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Wow, take me there now, please!

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (10:50 AM) : 

looks great... will try

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger agata said ... (11:02 AM) : 

such amazing photographs. as always.

 

Anonymous Sarah Eagle said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Geez, since I'm currently dealing with cold and rainy Boston (in August no less) nothing seems lovelier than Tuscany and that hotel right now...

Absolutely gorgeous photographs, you really have a fantastic eye for color.

http://aoideart.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Incredible shots, beautiful hotel, extremely Italian (and not unpleasant to look at) lifeguard. This post gives me the most unbelievable urge to shove a bikini in my bag, book any lastminute.com flight to Italy and flee this hideous London weather, ideally for a good month or so. X

ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Such an amazing place! I go to Forte dei Marmi every year and could not ask for anything closer to paradise.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Regarding the lifeguard, I understand the body and the tan (goes with the job), but how do ALL OF THEM HAVE the thickest most BEAUTIFUL HEADS OF HAIR?

 

Anonymous Annelie said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Gorgeous!!

 

Blogger crowsfeet said ... (12:22 PM) : 

That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm learning Italian - and as soon as I get there I am going to forget how to swim.

 

Blogger Erica Chen said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Dear Scott

I am loving these photos you took in Italy, specifically because you not only show fashion, but the culture in Italy. As a poor fashion student studying in Toronto, I don't have the money to travel, but at least I can experience Europe through your blog.

Thank you. x

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Aw wow! This indeed looks like it smells incredibly, so many flowers!

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (1:04 PM) : 

looks beautiful there!

Roman@ http://moda-nazi.blodspot.com

 

Blogger Aasia said ... (1:26 PM) : 

You make Italy look so inviting in your pictures. Great captures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Beautiful! The photos are great. Thanks for sharing, it's a good idea for next summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

These photos are so inspiring! it just so gorgeous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:56 PM) : 

In the early '70's Forte Dei Marmi was pristine & very beautiful, though the sand was not as clean as Miami Beach or the Caribbean. However, the vibe there was and still is special, especially in the shops, discos, and nightclubs. I felt priviledged to have fallen in love and live there for 2 glorious unforgettable summers surrounded by all those guys with great tans and amazing bodies. It was there that I became truly an 'Italicized' American forever!

 

Anonymous Kim K. said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I love this place! And the shoe shops and the fleamarkets in Forte di Marmi. Very nice photos!

 

Blogger M said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Forte dei Marmi is fab, been there many a time. AND: all the lifeguards on the whole "Riviera della Versilia" from Forte down to Viareggio look just like the guy pictured here.
Thanks!

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (3:59 PM) : 

looks amazing & really beautiful :]

http://www.style1509.blogspot.com
Live.Laugh.Love.

 

Blogger I V E S T I T I ! said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Damn you! Now I crave Italy even more! Great photos though, love the beach huts...

ivestiti.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Irene Buchetti said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Versilia+bicycle+"bagnino"= my summer!
...an advice, u have to visit Pietrasanta, only 10 minuts to Forte...but another world!absolutly my favourite place in versilia!

 

Anonymous daniela said ... (9:51 PM) : 

Enjoying the lifestyle shots..a nice change..hope it becomes a regular posting..

cheers from downunder ;)

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Seething with envy here.

 

Blogger YELENA STARIKOVA said ... (12:15 AM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Lizzy said ... (1:13 AM) : 

That looks fun. I love Garance!

www.citizette.com

 

Blogger Renaissance Festivals said ... (1:23 AM) : 

I love your all beautiful images collocation..

Thanks for interesting posting
Renaissance-Festivals.com

 

Anonymous argone said ... (5:58 AM) : 

What a great place to stay !!
thank you for the address

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

It's a lovely hotel & setting but the Spendido in Portofino & Hotel du Cap on the Cap d'Antibes are better in IMHO.

 

Anonymous Catherine said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Beautiful spots.
I prefer to keep secret my favourite spot in Italy.
But thank you to share.

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Where did Garance get her leather bracelet from?

 

Blogger derek said ... (9:09 PM) : 

this place looks so beautiful!
so peaceful and cozy!

 

Anonymous Elisabeth said ... (2:24 AM) : 

Oh, Forte Dei Marmi! My favorite Italian seaside town. I've seen some of the most glamorous cyclists there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

I like the swimguard most. Yammi :-P

 

Blogger BUBBLES said ... (5:49 AM) : 

Amazing place!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

The next time your in Forte Go la strada Aurelia Migliarino, Pisa nord, 1am in the morning and you see the old decandence, the tourist dont see..

 

Anonymous The Watermelon Radish said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I'm ten years old and I have been to Forte Di Marmi. I have stayed at the Augustus Hotel. I loved it there. Everyday I rode a bicycle and ate pizza. I remember going to the beach and lounging around all day! Everyone should go!

 

Anonymous Megan said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I simply love the garden that is filled with flowers. It's a perfect place to sit down and enjoy the scenery with a hot cup of coffee and some biscuits. I somehow feel rejuvenated looking at this pix. Truly lovely!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

So beautiful, colorful, and homely. I want my house to look like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

che bello questo bagnino!!!

e anche forte dei marmi è un posto molto bellissimo!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

If you are in Italy during the summer you should leave the overrated Forte and head to Cinqueterre or Costiera Amalfitana.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

ho Scott you are living the life... I'm jealous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

beautiful

 

Anonymous F. said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Sart, omg, for weeks I have been dreaming of going to Italy to see a dear friend of mine. After seeing this.... I have to go! Thank you for showing us around!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

La Mia Bella Italia...grazie Scott !
Antonio.

 

Anonymous Romana said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Thanks for your cute words about Italy. Nice places, nice pics.

 

Blogger StyleToneZagreb said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Your photos are absolutely stunning!!Been there couple years ago, really nice place.

 

Blogger preeti said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Your photos are absolutely stunning!!Been there couple years ago, really nice place.Thanks for your cute words about Italy. Nice places, nice pics.Oh, Forte Dei Marmi! My favorite Italian seaside town. I've seen some of the most glamorous cyclists there!hi i am Ravi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I love the details in the signage, and the roadway with the fencepost details of potted geraniums. I'll bet it smells good there. I would love to be surrounded by that much beauty.

 

Blogger lalentina said ... (7:09 AM) : 

I personally think you should spend more days in FDM next year...
ok Augustus but a lot of other places are must:
Orlando for delicious focaccia and pizza;
la versiliana for jogging and cultural events;
Pietrasanta for art and surrounding....and many many many other places and events...
You'll fall in love with Versilia

 

Anonymous Sylvia said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Wow! This place reeks of TRUE style and what a fantastically sneaky shot of that gorgeous guy on the beach in the middle of it all... naughty!

 

Anonymous Motels Grants Pass said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Lovely lovely hotel! I love the entire look. Wish you could post more photos. And the signage is charming!

 

Blogger Tara s Dolce Vita said ... (5:48 AM) : 

Ohhh I love Forte! Next time you should also go to Pietrasanta, where there are some beautiful scuptures and paintings by Botero.

 

Blogger Avocado Shake said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Forte dei Marmi is my home away from home when I am in Italy! Thrilled that it is being plugged here! Don't forget a day trip to Pietrasanta...What a sensational place with sensational people..

 

Blogger Guillaume said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Forte dei Marmi! A dream front the mediterranean sea. Next time try the ALbertina Bagno! The nonna is the cooker and the frittura mista is perfect. Guillaume a Parisian guy who love Forte! http://myvision/mylabstudio.com

 

Blogger Derek McCrea said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I like the overall feel of the entire story and pictures that go along with it.

 

Blogger autumn rose said ... (10:27 AM) : 

nice picture...

 

Anonymous Paula said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Charming little place! It looks like a good vacation retreat option.

On a side note, do drop by my blog and say hello :)

 

Anonymous flower delivery philippines said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Oh! Those flowers caught my attention. It seems you have a great flower gardens. How I wish I could have a cool garden like yours. Keep it up!


-yumi-

 

Blogger Tonio said ... (1:34 PM) : 

oleee!!!

 

Blogger SANFORIZED said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I have a summer house in Forte Dei Marmi very close to the AVGVSTVS Hotel.

 

Blogger cynthia fransisca said ... (7:44 AM) : 

i love the picture of the chair and others photo...
nice pic!!

thecrinoline.blogspot.com

 

Blogger haute.teapot said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I'm afraid I might leave my heart there--yes, I'm pretty sure a handsome Italian man might take it.

Thank you for sharing your stay, it looks gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Ana Carolina Assunção Martinez Burgos said ... (9:02 PM) : 

OMG! I've been there in 2009 and I still have thoughts about this amazing city. Good memories..

 

Blogger Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes said ... (8:46 PM) : 

yessss

 

Blogger Zafran ali said ... (3:11 AM) : 

so jealous. these photographs are absolutely gorgeous - love the colors!Thank,s
pegasos world turkey

 

Blogger Miha said ... (5:21 AM) : 

Wow. As travel is my favourite thing to do, collecting great places to plan a trip is such a pleasant routine... even if you don't go in the end.

 

Anonymous Business Directory said ... (6:58 AM) : 

Wow! It is really Impressive hotel did you post here.Awesome,Marvelous. Thank You

 

Anonymous Get a Blog said ... (8:22 AM) : 

wow no doubt very impressive,,,, Thanks for nice post.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting