This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Greene St., New York City

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

On the Street....Greene St., New York City

Comments on "On the Street....Greene St., New York City"

 

Blogger Neil said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Fantastic hair

 

Blogger Café Naïveté said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Funny, the hair and the accessories combination plus the fact the picture is in black and white gives me a sense as if this picture was representing the modern way to continue tribal costume and tradition. Incredibly inspiring photograph.

 

Anonymous Hari said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Cool guy :) Love your black and white pictures !

Hari,
http://harilay.free.fr

 

Anonymous a lovely being said ... (4:47 PM) : 

fantastic picture! I wonder-- why the long face?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:49 PM) : 

LOVING the contrasting patterns - it looks even more fantastic in black and white.

 

Blogger raven said ... (4:50 PM) : 

me digs hair + accompanied under-collared adornments. very stoic.

xo,
raven

 

Anonymous samantha said ... (4:51 PM) : 

check out that hair! great photo.

 

Blogger Miss Amy said ... (4:53 PM) : 

androgynous. i like the contrast of hair, beads and shirt. they all seem so different to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Wow, Jimmy Neutron style hairs!
Nice necklace.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (5:01 PM) : 

This is a great black and white portrait. I love the facial expression and hair most.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger La Clochard said ... (5:02 PM) : 

This IS personal style
Great hair and nice touch -the necklace-

kisses!

 

Blogger Nolita said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Supercool and strong look. Black and white photo looks so nice here!

www.nolitavintage.com

 

Blogger sarah said ... (5:14 PM) : 

it's the hair, the hair.

 

Blogger Contact said ... (5:46 PM) : 

These eyes! A mix of proud and scary...I feel strange vibes. In the same time, this guy seems have a strong personality, see that hair...Combination of tribal necklace and shirt...And I do not know why (These eyes!!!) a little something sounds wrong.

 

Anonymous Darcy H said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Very nice style. Natural. It suits him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Chenta!!!!! Works for coolest digital company in nyc. Woo hoo love the necklace!

 

Blogger Paul Baxendale said ... (5:57 PM) : 

I wish it was more common to see men wearing neck adornment like this fellow. I'd love to do it, but I lack the confidence necessary to feel comfortable walking out the door thusly embellished. Sure looks good on him, though! Great photograph!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:04 PM) : 

The hair are really cool ! And is expression is very peaceful...


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com/
-diary of a fashion stylist-

 

Blogger Fazal deen said ... (6:06 PM) : 

The shirt & necklace & hair all Fantastic!

Wish I had a 1/4 of his hair!
Lol!

 

Blogger San said ... (6:10 PM) : 

First thought: "Westside Story"
He somehow looks to me like he's right from the stage of this musical.

Great shot.

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (6:33 PM) : 

He could almost wear anything with the hair.

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (9:33 PM) : 

haunting

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

i love his hair

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (10:09 PM) : 

I'm not a fan of black and white photography for its own sake--whilst I realise it's meant to be arty, sometimes it just doesn't work for me. In this case the subject isn't angular or dramatic enough--(and I'm not talking about his eyes or strong stance).
I'm not sure I can quite put my finger on it--but I would really like to see the colours of the beads and fine striping in the checks whether they are subtle or not. Maybe it's their subtlety, or not, that I'd like to see? Anyway I feel I can't make a judgement about this photo the way it is now--I just can't see enough into it.

 

Anonymous G. said ... (10:19 PM) : 

i think he is related to me.

 

Blogger Velvet Otterhound said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I LOVE the multi-strand necklace!

 

Blogger Miss Nutmeg said ... (11:32 PM) : 

love this shot
www.indigopeacock.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

how sad he looks, while he is wearing this adorable necklaces.
And indeed, he has a remarkable hair styling

 

Anonymous jimjims said ... (1:44 AM) : 

great hair and necklace!

www.jimjims.net/

 

Blogger Elle said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Oh I love this. I want to put it on my wall. Absolutely captivating.

 

Anonymous Jamie Saunders said ... (3:00 AM) : 

Rock the hair!


Sugarchilli
Swimwear Australia

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (3:46 AM) : 

This photo in black and white is wonderful! Great job!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (4:24 AM) : 

I love this black and white

 

Blogger Emma Hoareau said ... (4:36 AM) : 

amazing. the necklace is just great!

 

Blogger amir arisson said ... (5:27 AM) : 

beautiful.I've been sporting a modern pomp hair like this for some time, nice to see it here too. he's very beautiful in an unpolished, honest way. refreshing after all the plastic photoshopped images I've been looking at lately. Inspiring!

 

Blogger Peter said ... (5:31 AM) : 

Love the hair! Although not sure whether it suits him. It looks a bit misplaced.
Black eyes staring out look quite scary too, but I like that.
Great photo...there had better be another Sartorialist book!

 

Blogger Ro said ... (5:34 AM) : 

beautiful heair-do

 

Anonymous Annelie said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Love black and white photographs...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:26 AM) : 

I like the contrast between the blocks the bricks create and the blocks his shirt creates...great contrast.

 

Blogger Explendid said ... (6:53 AM) : 

I enjoy this black and white picture, particularly his hair is really cool, and the necklace reminds me something tribal!

 

Blogger choppie said ... (8:04 AM) : 

This photo almost tells a story of him. Like HCB's photos... The more you look at it the more interesting it becomes.

 

Anonymous Strabik said ... (8:08 AM) : 

I agree with one of the first ... We can feel here a tiny taste of tribal costume and tradition. Again, incredibly inspiring photograph.

 

Anonymous fashion pr said ... (8:15 AM) : 

Very unusual look. Just goes to show what you can achieve with a bit of imagination.

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Budding photographers can learn so much from you, Scott. I adore how you always choose a background (purposely? I'd love to know your process in that decision) that complements the subject's clothes, like the mirroring line patterns here. Inspiring, every day.

Hand drawn:
myclosetinsketches.com

 

Anonymous costume jewellery said ... (8:49 AM) : 

So out there. I think the hair just does all the work!

 

Blogger NVA said ... (8:58 AM) : 

crazy hairstyle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

The hairstyle, shirt and necklace make him look kind of like young Morrissey.

 

Blogger Noumia's papers said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Beautiful guy ! And I love his style :)


http://noumias-papers.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous kar said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Maybe it's a cultural thing. I don't know many guys who would wear necklaces like that. It's something my aunt would wear to the beach resort.

 

Blogger Arantxa y Roberto said ... (10:53 AM) : 

cuthair very cool.... and necklace.... WOW!!!!


www.lookaroundthelook.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Bobby said ... (2:03 PM) : 

I worked with him for years and he is by far the most stylish person I've ever met. This is him on a calm simple day and he still pulls it off with such style! (I have purposefully not said his name to respect his privacy)

 

Blogger the Stains of Fashion said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Love the hair! eventhough you cant see what hes wearing altogether you still know he pulls off whatever hes wearing!

http://thestainsoffashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I love the choice of black and white for this photo. You have such a great eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

I wish I could style my hair like that. I wish everyone's hair looked like that.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:04 PM) : 

i love this site but this is the first picture that has ever resonated with me enough to comment. this combination of the modern and the traditional is captivating and very well executed. the patterns (both the shirt and the brick background) are an interesting combination-- would've also been cool to see him in a more traditional background with that hair as a stark contrast. anybody know his ethnicity? tibetan, maybe?

 

Anonymous rouge said ... (7:13 PM) : 

I love androgyny and individuality, so I'm surprised how strong and visceral my 'no' reaction is. But it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

He's gorgeous and should be carved in stone, but I'll take him in a plaid shirt, pompadour and necklace. Great photo -- love the interplay between the bricks and the shirt.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:03 AM) : 

AM I the only that wish the image is colour. I want to see the colour of the necklace.

 

Blogger Optimus Prime said ... (2:58 PM) : 

hairrrr. love it

 

Blogger Jane said ... (2:26 AM) : 

Very cool way of photographing a very cool guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 AM) : 

That's one seriously intense-looking gentleman. Love his style!

 

Anonymous nik said ... (7:22 AM) : 

wow. that is GREAT hair.

 

Blogger Linda Lu said ... (12:59 AM) : 

I love his hair. It makes me want to break out in song, specifically Grease Lightning

 

Anonymous Ann said ... (3:55 AM) : 

Wow, that's some fancy hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

he i beautifull
great picture

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting