This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street... Outside of the Principe Di Savoia, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 05, 2010

On the Street... Outside of the Principe Di Savoia, Milano

I swear I'm not obsessed with bikes, but it's so nice to see, in our very casual modernity, someone doing something physical in a suit.

Being physical in a suit that fits well can look so graceful.

I mean, would Fred Astaire have looked so cool dancing in cargo shorts?

Comments on "On the Street... Outside of the Principe Di Savoia, Milano"

 

Anonymous Jeremy said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Ha love the Fred Astaire comment. Well put.

 

Blogger Anita Puksic said ... (4:58 PM) : 

You're right! (:

Peace and love!

 

Blogger Zuzolińska said ... (5:01 PM) : 

But I'm tottaly obsessed with bikes and this gentelman looks on his bike just gorgeous!

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (5:01 PM) : 

fashionable on a bike! : ]
i like!

xx http://asianeyedgirl.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger miss ync said ... (5:02 PM) : 

indeed , a gentleman in suit on a bike , it's fun and cool !

 

Blogger Sans titre said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Yes! smart in bike , love it

La Bise
'ECH from pAris
www.evachristahiag.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Bell said ... (5:12 PM) : 

All is not allowed in the dressing. Socks are required in that suit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I'm commenting on the comment: your point about Fred Astaire is brilliant!

 

Blogger east side bride said ... (5:25 PM) : 

you are totally obsessed with bikes.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Ditto, ditto, and go ahead and be obsesssed.
When I lived in the Netherlands, I loved the way people, using their bikes for actual transportation, rode around in real clothes: trenches, suits, skirts with heels. No spandex, no helmets, no funny shoes.

 

Anonymous rei said ... (5:30 PM) : 

oh my god, a pair of socks would make him so much graceful!!! ...but not as much as your comment, love it-

 

Anonymous Denise le Clercq said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Nice bike :-)

 

Anonymous Hildegard said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I'm sorry, I love it, but... YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH BIKES!!! ;-)

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (5:49 PM) : 

heh..i dont think he would have looked cool in cargo shorts...

love this shot

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger brittany - moccasin run said ... (6:01 PM) : 

I love this suit, even more so that it is on a man on a fabulous bicycle!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/daisical

 

Blogger Johanna Urban said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Can't agree more :)

xx

Johanna, Sweden
ART, http://johannaurban.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Parker Westbrook said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I hope you will continue posting bicycle pictures, they are absolutely charming & would make a lovely book that bike lovers would enjoy.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (6:39 PM) : 

I love all the blue and of course the bicycle! x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Oh come on now?! Is this The Sartorialist or the Quite-Nicely-Dressed-People-On-Hot-Bikes-A-List? I'm sick of this bike motif. Move on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Sick of the bikes already!

 

Blogger Erik Hoff said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Coming up with a suit that can deal with the active body perspiration will be equal to the 501 in my mind.

 

Blogger Patrice said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I think for the level of talent in Fred Astaire, he would look cool in just about anything, but the suits made him a gentleman... and who doesn't love a gentleman?

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (6:59 PM) : 

They all seem to be able to get away with riding bikes with fabulous outfits there. If you did that here in Sydney in the summer time you would come across two problems 1. The humidity is so bad here in the middle of summer that you would arrive sweating like a pig. 2. You may not even arrive because you would probably be run down by a car or a taxi. I must try it one day and live to tell you all.

LOx

 

Anonymous cee said ... (7:18 PM) : 

he's so elegant on the bike, love it!

http://chaoticdesolation.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (7:26 PM) : 

I'm totally obsessed with bicycles and with Italian cyclists - the most stylish 'bikers' around.

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Love the color of that suit! Once again the no sock look, it seems to be everywhere!

I like your bike obsession Scott!J.K.

We found a gift my brother left for us 19yrs. ago before his passing...we're sooo excited!

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-late-brother-johns-missing-gift.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

This sock-less suit idea is silly. What is the point of wearing a suit without socks? It makes you look ridiculous.

 

Blogger F3 said ... (8:02 PM) : 

seriously - is it me? or only ppl in Italy can pull of this loafers with no socks look?

http://f3style.blogpsot.com
http://sweetlife-toronto.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Alexandra said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Even though you aren't, there's nothing wrong with being obsessed with bikes! Once I bought a "stylish" bike I felt the need to sport equally stylish outfits on it...it worked out well as now I'm obsessed with being stylish on my stylish bikes and my legs have never looked better.

I love this shot, he is impeccably dressed and I think the bike just adds to his appeal.

http://tovogueorbust.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger sammi burley (chase.dakota) said ... (8:08 PM) : 

ohhh how i wished i lived in Europe so i could ride my bike without compromising my outfit by wearing a helmet.

www.chasedakota.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (8:09 PM) : 

I like the fact that he is riding a bike with a suit.

windowshop78.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Common Sense said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Sorry, but

No.

It's just not right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

You know what? I think he actually would. He's just that good.

 

Blogger cometary said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Amen!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 PM) : 

Its okay to love bikes, I know I do.

Elegant and whimsical.


How could you not love them?

 

Blogger Marie said ... (9:04 PM) : 

That's a gorgeous pic.

I just can't love the bare feet in shoes, so prevalent on that continent. It's effete beyond effeteness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

you obsessed with bikes? never.

 

Anonymous christopher said ... (9:51 PM) : 

the best thing about a well dressed man on a bike is that you can still see the little boy shining through the grown up exterior. it's an amazing thing to see, at least i think so.

 

Blogger Amy Zaiss said ... (10:23 PM) : 

not nearly as cool! I love that you said that :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 PM) : 

I agree with many others here. This is a good look for a man walking down the street, not riding a bike. (although I feel a brown shoe would have looked a little better)

As an avid cyclist, I know there is no way he would make it anywhere without being drenched in sweat, even if he was going at a leisurely pace (a cooler climate perhaps). A quick google of the Milan forecast told me it was about 90 F and humid there today and is staying consistently that. That was exactly the forecast in my town today and I could barely breathe outside in shorts and a t-shirt, let alone a suit.

Nobody says you can't use a bike as a means of daily transportation. It's called riding to work in appropriate cycling attire and changing when you get there. I use to do it all the time when I worked close to home. This man is just absurd. Also, biking in the real world is dirty. I'd like to see the cuffs of those pants after a couple days of doing this.

younggentsguide.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Fred Astaire was the most elegant dresser of any time. He even rehearsed in grey flannels and a white shirt. But the real source of his elegance was from the inside ... it was his modesty. Vanity is never elegant.

Love your blog.

Ellie

 

Anonymous diva inside said ... (11:20 PM) : 

The 'no sock' look must be European - haven't seen it here in Melbourne Australia??? I LOVE it - but is it sticky?????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

great shot! i agree, love the suit and bike combination


http://pieinmypants.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger N. E. Levey said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Scott,

1. Yes. It's incredible. It's why I love biking in dresses.

2. I absolutely thought I had sucked every bit of style inspiration from your book. But I pulled it off the shelf today and was completely re-inspired. There are so many details in those images. The first time I look is a completely different experience than the second.
The image I looked at was the young man with the punk rock hairstyle in a white shirt, skinny black tie, suit jacket, and jeans. He's slouched with his elbows on his knees. First time I looked I loved the tie. This time I love the hair, and I've been inspired to do something similar but in a more feminine way.
I know you get this all the time, but: thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

 

Blogger Allen Crawford said ... (12:11 AM) : 

Sart's supposed 'obsession' with bikes pales in comparison to some folk's obsession with socks.

 

Blogger Max said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Adam Kimmel put out this excellent video of 2 guys downhill skateboarding with style and ease in fantastic sky-blue linen suits. http://vimeo.com/1654340

 

Blogger Danny said ... (1:28 AM) : 

been dying for a blue suit. guessing it's time to get one.

http://majorfiasco.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Bikes are poetic items. The shot is great. The guy is sexy in his own personal way (the bike adds to his idividual style).
LOVE, Kelly

 

Blogger kara lynn said ... (1:56 AM) : 

goodness another italian without stockings. i love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

you should do more bike shots. something about bicycling just ups people's style

 

Blogger sisters in black frocks said ... (3:07 AM) : 

I love this look...reminds me of wes anderson :)

sisters in black frocks :)

 

Anonymous Alejandro said ... (3:16 AM) : 

A suit with no socks is a personal choice for summer, some can pull it off, And some cannot. That's the beauty of fashion democracy... Everyone here loves fashion and bold statements so enjoy yours and let people do the same with theirs , fair enough?

Love the blog!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (3:18 AM) : 

you're right ... it's really nice to see a person dressed in elegant on a bike as usual ... great shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 AM) : 

Does anyone know what make/model bicycle that is? thanks! Great photo- another win!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

He looks ever so slightly uncomfortable to me which doesn't exactly lend itself to the stylish, you do have to wonder just how stinky sockless shoes become in the summer months, all together a very unattractive package.

 

Blogger ella said ... (3:43 AM) : 

What a great shot :) Everything looks more elegant and sophisticated when it's done in a suit :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

What a elegance! ;)
Shonwer

http://shonwer.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Zaczynam Odchudzanie said ... (3:57 AM) : 

I'm always wearing heels when I'm biking. Does Audrey Hepburn did the same?
That guy knows what he do.
All the best.
Maybe see you in Milano :))))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Will you people PLEASE get over your 'no-socks' hang-ups... it looks great; classic yet modern and gives a suit a great summertime spark. If you're worried about the hygiene aspect you can also get 'invisible' socks (not visible above the shoe) from ASOS if you wish (just ordered 3 pairs)...

This guy wearing socks would just look like any other suited fellow on a bike - God is in the details. Has Sartorialist taught you nothing?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 AM) : 

Natural elegance italian!

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (4:36 AM) : 

Don't like it at all

http://coolneeded.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (4:42 AM) : 

I like shoes with no socks but I feel with a suit, shirt and tie it looks wrong......or lazy or forgetful or something.

Ellie--that's true what you wrote about Fred Astaire and I'd never really thought about why some look more elegant than others, but you have got the reason i think.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Can empathize with the helmet comment above, you'd never see this look in London. As for no socks, my father has been doing this for years, you get used to it, the shoe leather has to be very soft though. Very cool gent, well fitting suit, good cuff length, for extra cool factor, he appears to be smoking a cigar whilst riding! (his right hand).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 AM) : 

Copenhagen is full of men like this one, in the morning, in the afternoon even in the evening :)

 

Anonymous Kérj tanácsot said ... (5:28 AM) : 

You are not only obsessed with bikes, but also with men wearing suits but no socks on bikes... :-))

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:31 AM) : 

He's perfect but I don't like the shoes: I?d have preferred a pair of "gommini" or similar :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Actually I hate it when my socks show, when picking sports socks I go for women sizes so it doesnt show, I also like to wear my suits without socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 AM) : 

Thankfully the chain seems to have a cover. Without it, the oil splashes would be enough to deter most bicyclists from wearing their suits whilst riding.

 

Blogger MONICA SORS said ... (6:10 AM) : 

So nice when you say "I swear I'm not obsessed with bikes"! ;)

http://www.mesvoyagesaparis.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Patrones bebé said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I love bikers!!
I like a lot your blog and I read it but many times i don´t write a comment because my english is horrible.
A lot of kisses from spain!!

 

Blogger Cameron Adams said ... (6:51 AM) : 

"Air hose" violated my school's dress code and their subversive appeal endures. That said, cycling could also rock some killer socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

socksless is lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Does anyone know who the bicycle is made by?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Loving this pict.... He look so elegant... If Fred was still alive he would have probably dress the same way... ;-)


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com/
-the diary of a belgian stylist-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

This is a throwback. In Ireland and later in England, my father always drove to work on a bike, as did thousands of others. Everyone wore their regular clothes (which were not sports clothes) but dresses and suits and uniforms, &c.

You could have another contest.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:07 AM) : 

you should watch this peformance

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17177804&postID=4366846072779327491&isPopup=true

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Bike might be a Dutch Gazelle, cannot tell. Does anyone know what shoes this fine-looking gentleman is wearing?

 

Blogger CLAUDIA C. said ... (8:30 AM) : 

So dandy...

http://audreyismyfavourite.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous scottj31 said ... (8:53 AM) : 

dude what you are obsessed with is the leather shoes with no socks thing. maybe the leather is butter soft and comfortable. but I always think of what one of my jock friends told me in 1972 or so, when we'd just started wearing Adidas -- 'track shoes' as daily wear. he said always wear socks or your shoes and feet will smell terrible. and he was right... so I know it's super trendy but it's kind of gross.

 

Anonymous Karnit said ... (9:27 AM) : 

I was amazed to see so many amazigly dressed people riding their bikes in Italy, without the slightest bit of inhibition about ruining their best getup.
www.theconceptdresser.com

 

Blogger Clazzerati said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Lovely.

 

Blogger Henning Pfeifer said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Hmmmm...
Normally I dont like blue (on me), but in the last time often blue suits were shown here. So I will take out the blue suit my father once wore. To complete the look, I bought some american pomade today- You can only buy them in Afro-Beauty-shops in Europe, I found out today!

 

Blogger pinky said ... (10:08 AM) : 

and he's smoking a cigar too! HA!
cool dude

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

you sure are pushing lardini hard man

 

Anonymous Círculo Yarns - Brazil said ... (10:37 AM) : 

It looks like a classic italian movie...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Why does everyone assume this look without socks is actually really without them. Women wear those invisible socks all the time and I'm sure many of those men you photograph do also. I like the look, and I bet they like the breeze on their ankles.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Your blog is my homepage and I have not noticed any obsession with bikes at all. Like cars and pedestrians, bikes are just a ubiquitous part of the street scene in the cities you chronicle. (But you can’t see what people are wearing so easily when they are in cars!)

I do chare your love if men in suits and suited men riding bikes. Riding bikes in suits is easy and no sweatier than walking; it just clashes with the bike culture in the US where people see bikes as purely recreational/sport vehicles and not transit. This gentleman’s bike looks distinctly European because it has a shielded chain, mudguards on the wheels, and up-right handlebars – all of which characterize bikes built for dignified commuting rather than speed and sweat.

I do count myself among those waiting for the sockless fad to go. Socks are as cool an element in a man’s wardrobe as ties and far more essential in terms of function. It is neither hygienic (objectively) nor attractive (IMHO) to go sockless. Let us hope this man is liner height socks under there.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:13 AM) : 

By the way, in 1959, Astaire starred in a television play on GE True Theatre entitled "Man on a Bicycle." I've never seen it, but if anyone can dig-up the footage it might actually have images of our man Fred riding.

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (11:28 AM) : 

BLU... Mega!

 

Anonymous Arash Mazinani said ... (11:50 AM) : 

looks perfect considering doing physical exercise

www.arashmazinani.com

 

Blogger loca said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I also quite enjoy seeing professional men in suits devouring gelato on their lunch breaks. There's something so fun about the juxtaposition of such things, that these men loosen their ties a bit to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Thus, your men-on-bikes-in-suits photos are always some of my favorites, serving as refeshing snipets of reality to show that clothes don't predilect anything really.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Bikes are a great accessory to a clean and sleek outfit!


http://mushitushi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Contact said ... (1:17 PM) : 

how does one manage to look so graceful on a bicycle

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

You aren't obsessed with bikes. The people you photograph riding them make it look so effortless,and romantic...and they are so stylish. Only in Europe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

I Love Blue Suits!!!! Perfect

Look at my pics if you like timeless fashion: http://lookbook.nu/look/855087-waiting-for-colors

greets

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

I like the modernity of this. Men here in suits do not ride bikes, nor do they look like they have much fun. They drive to work, drive home, and wear charcoal suits.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 PM) : 

And I like the wearing of the suit without sox...it makes the suit a true item of casual and dress wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

All this talk is very encouraging as I recently started to ride my bike to work and I need to dress professionally.
It is very interesting how people take so much notice of it.
Maybe Dallas is not quite ready for this kind of thing, but it really feels good ...who knows I can pave the way for others.

Thank you for this photo and blog comments as it really re-inforced what I was not entirely sure about doing recently. I like it.

However the no sock will have be reserved for the weekend for now THX SAR!

p.s. he looks so natural in what he is doing here in this photo.

 

Anonymous Nicole said ... (7:06 PM) : 

That suit fits him perfectly! Nothing like a tailored suit!

 

Blogger Beth said ... (7:13 PM) : 

wearing various shades of blue is not an easy look to pull off, but he does it well. It's cool, crisp and clean & I am a big fan of going sock-less!

www.styleguru.ca

 

Anonymous Jack the Stripper said ... (7:24 PM) : 

I'm really tired of all these italian guys with classic shoes with no socks. Must be the bel-paese trend for this summer. no shoes, johnnydeppesque bracelets and gallons of gel on the hair.
Give us back our calzine, please!

 

Anonymous Tangent Magazine said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Beautiful suit, I can't believe he is able to ride a bike wearing it. Amazing!

xo Tangent Mag

 

Blogger DW Quilt Art said ... (11:53 PM) : 

This is what I love about Europeans...the bike is a means of transportation, and one can dress normally, or elegantly, while biking. Why oh why must Californians wear horrible spandex when biking??

 

Anonymous Michiel said ... (3:24 AM) : 

Haha... You should come to Amsterdam. Hundreds of men are riding their bikes in a suit everyday, although few of them as elegantly as this Italian gentleman. It's probably so common here because we don't consider riding a bike as more physical than walking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Biking without head protection is dangerous, especiallly in Rome where drivers are crazy. They can make the safety helmut a fashion accesory!

Ivan with the good nose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

No. He would have looked like an american tourist losing his shit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

To Anonymous comment ends in shit.

If a Jean Paul Gaultier model walks down the runway in a Savile Row pinstripe 3 piece and a crush helmut you would think its a masterpiece, wouldn't you? Be brave, be confident, be creative and be the first!!

Ivan with the good nose

 

Anonymous dylans said ... (10:50 AM) : 

The colors and materials are neatly put together.. For people obsessed with the socks things, its just more practical/refreshing in the summer, try it (in Italy no1 would mind cuz every1 does it!) It would look even better perhaps on some other guy, cuz he seems to have been putting too much effort on it.. with the cigar in hand biking, really lol!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

@ Michiel said...
Interestingly enough my bike is called Amsterdam and looks alot like the one Scott photographed here.

Dressing is something I enjoy and try do well everyday and I thought bike riding might limit that considering it gets upto and above 100 degrees here in Dallas.

However Dallas drivers regard for cyclist may not be the same as those in Amsterdam.

THXSAR!

 

Anonymous Luna Sockless said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I do agree with Lord B.S. Whimsy!! Enough sockless haters already... please give us a rest! :) It's not "the bel-paese trend for this summer"! I can assure you it works like this since ages (here in Italy at least)!! If you want I can show you pics of my granfather, father and brother in the 50, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's wearing leather shoes and no socks in summer.

Anyway: LOVELY shades of blue this guy has!!!! However I don't like the shoes.

For people asking who makes this bike: I think pretty much every bicycle manufacturer in Europe makes a model like this: it's just the typical gents urban bike.

Here u can find an exemple: http://www.atala.it/index.php?option=com_sgicatalog&task=view&id=9891&Itemid=705

Atala, Bianchi, Batavus or as suggested by someone else: Royal Dutch Gazelle

 

Anonymous Johannes S. said ... (4:27 AM) : 

I skateboard in a suit for this Hogan shoot.
Check it out.
http://www.wyatttroll.com/HOGAN_HD_WEB.mov

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I wear a suit & heavy leather wingtips every day without socks simply because it looks incredible. I also enjoy the attention it seems to attract. I am always surprised by those opposed on this blog. I will admit though, that after a long work day, my feet do feel less than fresh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I would love living in a city perfect for bikes (not the case of Madrid...)

http://sinmanolos.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jan van der Walden said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Did anyone recognized the bikes brand, it looks brand new. Could be Bianchi. What is it?

 

Blogger Otto Vankerkhove said ... (2:45 PM) : 

so true!!
thats why i'm so in love with Italy, they seem to do it more often..

kind regards,

Otto Vankerkhove

http://ottovankerkhove.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Since there have been three questions about the brand of bike -- one might expect it to be a Bianchi, but the head badge looks to me like the Heron which would be found on a Raleigh "Tourist" (also known as a "DL-1"). The Raleigh would be 40-45 years old, but they are certainly around. Bianchi was manufacturing a classic "Dutch-style" (upright, enclosed chain, fenders, etc.) bike just a couple of years ago, but I can't immediately find a link on the web.

Note the rod brakes. No cables.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Similar bike, perhaps a couple of years later:

http://www.bianchi.com/It/Bikes/Bikes_Detail.aspx?ProductIDMaster=1755

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (8:56 AM) : 

BICYCLE.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous W: Home said ... (12:25 PM) : 

They all seem to be able to get away with riding bikes with fabulous outfits there. If you did that here in Sydney in the summer time you would come across two problems 1. The humidity is so bad here in the middle of summer that you would arrive sweating like a pig. 2. You may not even arrive because you would probably be run down by a car or a taxi. I must try it one day and live to tell you all.

 

Blogger everyday a floor show said ... (2:26 PM) : 

now that's my hotel there...be sure to pick up the no show socks for the italians know best...calvin makes them here in the states...

 

Anonymous bill--chicago said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Do we know the bike he is on? I tried to see if anyone knew, but I did not see.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Nobody told me Jon Lovitz moved to Italy!

 

Anonymous andreaffm said ... (6:30 AM) : 

No, this is an Italian bike, probably an Umberto Dei:
http://umbertodei.it/index.php?option=com_sgicatalog&task=view&id=1&Itemid=99&lang=it

Only italian bikes have the lamp positioned that high. And the special brakes. Problem is: You only get them in Italy. I have imported mine recently to Germany, because I an sort of obsessed with classic italian bikes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

And besides all these he has a cigar in his hand. That's totally italian! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

do think socks should always go with a suit, would have added to the whole look, if he had socks in the same blue as the tie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Sorry, but the 'no-socks-and-dress-shoes' look just doesn't work for me. It just make the person look like a dork. It was a cliche with Don Johnson & Miami Vice, and it's a real misstep now. Just my .02

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (4:35 PM) : 

The Blues

 

Blogger Cazenove Agricole said ... (10:23 PM) : 

No helmut?

 

Blogger Cazenove Agricole said ... (10:35 PM) : 

This gentleman is certainly not Italian...
For if he was, his mother never would have let him out of the house without his helmut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Is that a "Flying Pigeon"?

 

Anonymous marianne said ... (10:54 AM) : 

This is a site I could never tire of and which I always cherish when visiting Italy. If you've never been there and seen someone so elegant and well-dressed riding a bike, you'd think this was posed from a photo shoot. Quintessential Italy. So civilized and painfully chic.

 

Anonymous Laura said ... (6:36 AM) : 

I live in Holland... I see guys in suits riding a bike all the time. Nothing too special about it (I think anyway)

 

Anonymous izzy anne said ... (8:16 AM) : 

OMG.i live in malaysia n i never see anything like this ! funny, but i think it's cool, in a way though :P

 

Anonymous Marco said ... (7:20 PM) : 

I see this guy in via Brera often...always biking with a suit on

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Look at the bike..
It's an Umberto Dei, the RR of bikes.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting