This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Color Study, Tokyo

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, June 07, 2010

On the Street....Color Study, Tokyo

Comments on "On the Street....Color Study, Tokyo"

 

Blogger Indigo | Iris said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Cute socks! Love the shawl.

 

Blogger Maria Evans said ... (8:45 AM) : 

I do like the style.

ME,

 

Blogger psforal said ... (8:45 AM) : 

The first outfit I don't like, ever since I'm following The Sartorialist.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:48 AM) : 

I have felt like that before......smiles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

PERFECT except for the cigarette. ruins everything.

 

Blogger Café Naïveté said ... (8:52 AM) : 

ohh I like this fluo-colour thing a lot.. just great:) (chekc the nail polish!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

great colour flow!

 

Blogger Oscar Devonian said ... (9:00 AM) : 

The cigarette makes it.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Eclectic. That's what I love about Japanese style.

 

Anonymous Bob Cavezza said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I love the socks/shoes combo!

 

Blogger Evelyn said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Lovely colors! Even her fingernails match.

 

Blogger Love Food said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Love the skirt and shawl. Not too sure about the shoes, perhaps with different colour socks.

 

Blogger Ivan said ... (9:06 AM) : 

simple and chic..
vovominhareferencia.blogspot.com
ivancavalcante.tumblr.com

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I may just have to come up with my own version of this outfit. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

i think her bob suits her round face

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Kinda cute - Like the skirt. Too bad about the tag on the scarf....that's just a thing with me ;)

 

Blogger Jacqueline said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I like her haircut, but that's it. Sorry.


http://mannequindevitrine.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Hiroaki Nagahata said ... (9:24 AM) : 

what a beautiful style!

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (9:26 AM) : 

The color's of fashion come in many different fabulous shapes and sizes- this outfit is no exception =)






www.fashionsmind.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Don't like it..

 

Blogger Tiffany Kadani said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love that shawl. Tokyo has got to be one of my favorite cities in terms of fashion. Everything is so eye catching.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Nice pict...! I like the look on her face... very peaceful.


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com
-belgian fashionista-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Those socks! Those shoes!

And a cigarette to top off the blase look.

 

Anonymous karnit said ... (9:38 AM) : 

there are so many blogs nowdays but I really like yours the best. No frills, just observing very artistic and inspiring.
www.theconceptdresser.com

 

Anonymous journeywoman.jo said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I'm an American who lived in Japan for three years in the early 2000s. Although I turned 40 while I was there and thought my personal style was well developed by that time, I must say that I came back with a very different color sense and still see it reflected in how I dress now. In fact, I wore a turquoise t-shirt and red sandals with jeans yesterday - though I'm still too American to put that together with light green and pink patterns as this charming young woman does! My personal theory is her combination is a logical extension of the traditional kimono and obi combinations that Westerners would not think to put together.

 

Blogger KC said ... (9:40 AM) : 

how does she pull it off? so cute..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:59 AM) : 

this is a very cute picture and the cat pumps are seriously cute

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Hare Lip said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Wow, it takes a couple of looks before you even notice the shoes, which in any normal outfit would be going MEOWOWOWOWWWW in your face.

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (10:03 AM) : 

fabulous style...the colour inside

 

Blogger Melinda Josie said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Those shoes are incredible. Do you know if they're Tsumori Chisato?

 

Blogger M said ... (10:48 AM) : 

the shawl is really adorable,
and I kinda like her attitude :)
M

 

Blogger Ola said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Lovely scarf

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

love the kitty shoes

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Socks with cute shoes.. I don't like the style, but she can rock it.

 

Anonymous Elaine said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Love the color combination of the shawl and skirt, and her hair color. Her nail polish matches the socks. Dislike the shoes and socks (together, and with the shawl & skirt) and dislike the cigarette.

 

Anonymous FashionLifeCoach said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I like the color dip dye on the shawl.On trend are the open shoes with socks.Formerly it was a fashion faux-pas, but nowerdays it is a strong fashion trend.Although I dont like her combination of shoes and the kitsch socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Why does fluoroscent colour looks so nice on Japanese people?

And they are master of colour!

 

Blogger ilovefashion said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Likin it!! I love her scarf the colours are great :D


http://fashion-in-pictures.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I love how the shawl fades from turquoise to white.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Strong color matched together, but The Sartorialist takes always wonderful photos of amazing people.
Shonwer

http://shonwer.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Róża said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Love the socks!!! And the connection of socks + shoes.

www.miszelka.blogspot.com

 

Blogger S said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Love the socks, the shoes are very cute, love the colours of the pieces :)

 

Anonymous mabelmabel said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Sweet colors and color combination, like a watercolor painting of the seaside. The shoes are also cute, but let me betray my age if not wisdom: they provide no arch support. She cannot walk far in these shoes....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:33 AM) : 

amazing shoes!!!!

 

Blogger Peach City Style said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I like the current trend combination of socks with sandals; especially if they are knee-high.

 

Blogger STREETFSN said ... (11:42 AM) : 

she's my friend OMG !!

and love her style so much XDXD

 

Blogger Gary said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Oh, it seems she chooses her clothes like a painter chooses his colors. Very nice color combination. And I love her thin articulations with thoses tiny cat shoes.

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (11:43 AM) : 

COOL shoes!!!

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I like the shoes socks combination, the rest is not very notable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

really cute shaw. I love the whole look!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (12:03 PM) : 

CAT SHOES? Insanely cute :D

 

Blogger ladiga said ... (12:08 PM) : 

cery relaxed..very Japanese...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Who said Blue and Green should never be seen? Love how all the colours work together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I'm not sure if people can layer colours like they do layers, but this sure seems like it.

 

Blogger the nickel fit said ... (12:16 PM) : 

just waking up, and too fabulous to try. great shot.

 

Blogger Lovely B. said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Interesting cat face on the shoes.

Lovely B.

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (12:20 PM) : 

nice color combo, and those shoes are so cuute

http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 PM) : 

The shoes have whiskers! I love the shawl and all the colors are beautiful.

http://watermelonfeet.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Carolina Krews said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Don't like the outfit, socks are terrible, but I love your blog ;)

xo,
Carolina

 

Blogger Oliver Davies said ... (12:33 PM) : 

The shoes are uber-cute. There are far too few shoes on the market with whiskers!

 

Blogger Contact said ... (1:03 PM) : 

im not so sure about the socks but the little kitten flats are adorable and i like the green and blue together!!

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I love shoes & socks together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

MUST.HAVE.THOSE.SHOES.

p.s. only just discovered this blog... what a treat!

x

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:11 PM) : 

wow. you would rarely see this kind of outfit in europe or lets say berlin where I am from.
Time for me to go to tokyo to broaden the horizon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Gorgeous!!

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (2:51 PM) : 

i like the scarf...but it outfit is not impressive i feel

 

Anonymous Philip Seyfi said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Don't like the shoes & the socks... The rest looks fantastic!

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (3:16 PM) : 

love the fabric!~

xx http://asianeyedgirl.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Help me here. I don't see "style". It's just a crazy mish-mosh to me.

The woman has a gorgeous face and if you look at her face with shoulders with the shawl - I can see something, but as I scrolled down, I just saw a dis-jointed outfit. The socks and shoes are the worst part for me.

Not trying to be negative, but as an outfit or as a color study, it just doesn't work.......

 

Anonymous atlee ronald said ... (4:30 PM) : 

I love the simple soft flow of color. Especially the way the teal emerges from the white.

 

Blogger Sydney said ... (4:41 PM) : 

It's more about the photograph than the style. I love the picture itself.

http://januaryeleven.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Christina said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Her sandals are hysterical...too cute.

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Interior Monkey said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I totally want those cat shoes!!! I'm not as daring as she is, but I would wear them with basic jeans and a t-shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

To be honest I do not understand most comments as I find them pretty judgemental. Style is subjective and these beautiful people, having a good day or a bad one, on their way to work, school run, they're happy, sad, big, small, they smoke or they don't. whatever, they just came across someone who took their picture and published it.
They're no models nor did they chose their outfits regarding you lot taking it apart imposing your own also very personal and subjective sense of style. " she should be wearing boots.. chucks are this and that...the cigarette ruins everything... me, myself and i..." pretentious at times..tut tut. think outside the box, be tolerant, enjoy accumulated style and color and beauty as the opportunities are rare these days....

 

Anonymous Adelaide said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I don't get it, I don't like it.

 

Blogger Tipsformywardrobe said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Love colour of scarves

 

Anonymous liv said ... (5:30 PM) : 

What I love with Japan is that anything goes, it can be crazy or classic, can't think of any place that is better for inspiration than Tokyo. And I love watery colours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I would sleep in that outfit. The shoes I would wear! And ditch the cig.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I like the photo and I think your shot adds value to the outfit itself... I like her socks though!

http://subconchicness.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The lady from Shanghai said ... (5:44 PM) : 

love the color of the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

adore it, although with not-patterned socks I'd adore it more. I love wearing socks this length with shoes though!

 

Blogger Thalita Ferratti said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Aw I can't see the magic in this outfit either, but I can definetly see the confy feeling!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Is there a cat face on her shoes?

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Great colors...I don't like the cigarette...and her face is sublime to me!
Kisses

www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com

 

Blogger Erik Hoff said ... (8:43 PM) : 

I'm always amazed at the endless combinations of colors that exist in clothing and how human characteristics factor in, like hair color.

 

Anonymous diploma of management said ... (8:48 PM) : 

I like her outfit. I like the shoes and the socks so much. I think they are very cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 PM) : 

To my eyes it looks like a modern take on a kimono. The shawl is beautiful, I will be in Tokyo in a week and I would love to pick up some items like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

I LOVE THE SHOES! they are adorable! :)

 

Blogger stoneandcloth said ... (9:56 PM) : 

wow japanese people have such insane style. those shoes are one of a kind.



stoneandcloth.blogspot.com

 

Blogger meindabindi said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Nix the cig and sox and I'm down with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

I LOVE The Sartorialist and this is the first time I don't like an outfit. The shot, as usual, is great.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:18 PM) : 

I've seen those shoes at Divia, a store in Buenos Aires.
Far away from Tokyo!

 

Blogger Ale Santos ♥ said ... (11:39 PM) : 

Beautiful and inspiring!
I loved the shoes!

Kisses from Rio de Janeiro!
Twitter: @alessantos
Blog: http://miss-grape.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kate Rose said ... (12:13 AM) : 

owhh. I daresay, the color in this photo is quite intriguing. Simple waterfall on top, part on the bottom! amazing shoes. I quite like the contrasts here.

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (2:14 AM) : 

this is very beautiful..I love that scarf

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Love she match the pastel tone looks so fabulous .... love it

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:42 AM) : 

a lot of color but they match perfectly! great pic!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger Valentine said ... (5:21 AM) : 

it's just a little bit bit weird, but nice, I love her hair cut

 

Blogger MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said ... (6:34 AM) : 

I like this picture. The woman looks comfortable with her surroundings.SarahD

www.myrepublicoffashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Susie said ... (6:47 AM) : 

Just silly to me.

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (8:25 AM) : 

The outfit is neuter... nothing less and nothing more
BUT the colours palette is just gorgeus!!!
And I am completely crazy about the shoes: cat's alike shoes, even with the pair of moustache each!!!
I love them, o my God, I love them

 

Anonymous Magsli said ... (9:16 AM) : 

These shoes remind me of the Marc Jacobs mouse flats that I regretted buying the second I put my card in my purse!

She's such a gorgeous girl but this is not doing it for me at all. Each to their own, I guess. Her haircut frames her face exquisitely though.

 

Blogger vera said ... (10:07 AM) : 

the outfit would be dull without the socks? the shoes and the cigarette that draws attention to her fingernails)

 

Anonymous medya said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I do like the style.

 

Blogger WinterMaharani said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I think this look is very unique n I love it. What I like the most is her expression that makes a nice contrast, different impression, from all those cheerful colors.. And it makes this look IMO, uber cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I like it so much!
It´s so natural1 the colors are natural green blue I don´t know make me feel good <3

 

Blogger inclassy said ... (3:16 PM) : 

love her shoes!
new fashion pictures on http://www.inclassy.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

To me, this looks like the Tokyo version of leaving your house in PJ pants which I find to be quite distasteful! It's an interesting color study but overall I do not like this look even though those cat shoes are super fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Those socks and shoes are just plain WRONG.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

I love the mice faces on the shoes, very quirky and unique. I find the scarf does take away from the outfit overall though, the sheer size overpowers the dainty qualities of the skirt, shoes and socks.

 

Anonymous Buddy said ... (10:54 PM) : 

I don't like it at all..ironic in a very immature way.

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (2:17 AM) : 

She looks so fresh.... except for the smoking..... ha ha

Lee

http://www.leeoliveira.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

If you take away any of the colours the outfit won't work. It looks great because the colours complement each other.

 

Blogger Joey said ... (4:29 AM) : 

so fresh!:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

oh i adore the kitten shoes!!!
i would give anything to go to tokyo and witness this amazing fashion!

http://thelusciousmix.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Did anyone else notice that until you scroll below her waist it looks as if she's wearing a Kimono. I think it's a cool photo.

 

Blogger cherry arceo said ... (1:11 PM) : 

what an adorable pair of sandals and socks. Über cute!!!

 

Blogger VintageTribe said ... (1:13 PM) : 

cat shoes?! ridiculously cute!


www.VintageTribe.Blogspot.com

 

Anonymous martha sweden said ... (2:00 AM) : 

it's different - it's cute


http://artbymeat.blogg.se

 

Anonymous mens designer t-shirts said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Love this photo!

 

Blogger Brian Cliff Olguin said ... (5:13 PM) : 

I like the colours used, but I am having problems with the shoes. It's really disturbing, I think. Otherwise, nice poncho or what you like to call it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

I like the style and I am totally digging the colors!

 

Blogger Jake F. said ... (11:16 PM) : 

AMAZING mix of colors! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

I like that you labeled this colour study as it is very much one, and very interesting. imo the sock could be a bit more elegant but still interesting colors here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

it seems like a modernized kimono. im digging it :)

 

Blogger Shawn said ... (10:31 PM) : 

All these pastels reminds me of easter...

http://www.iamaltamoda.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

The guy with the yellow hair looks like Tarzan escaped from an Andy Warhol-painting ...

 

Blogger J.Ro said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Love the socks; The cat shoes are adorable as well. Meow!

www.jasonromaine.com

 

Blogger Lanie said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I love this look. It's very "i don't care" thrown together. the cat shoes top it off. The cigarette adds to the ensemble completing the nonchalance about her.

 

Blogger Roberto Pires said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I love the shoes!!! The cat shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Without the clashing socks I would love this. It's sort of natural looking.

 

Anonymous kristine said ... (2:05 PM) : 

love the socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

i love asian styles. how they mix and match colors, paterns ,a nd textures. and it looks a different way on them them=n it does anyine else, it just fits.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting