This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Preparing for Pitti, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 31, 2010

On the Street....Preparing for Pitti, Florence

I'm getting my wardrobe ready for the upcoming Pitti Uomo in Florence.

I love the idea of a tailored jacket with sportier shorts.

Two years ago I tried a few very casual, unconstructed cotton sport coats (45RPM, Junya, and Engineered Garments to be exact) but the lack of structure and sculpting in the high-waist made the look too shapeless for my tastes.

I'm not saying that the option above is the perfect scenario, but it's a very good reference point.

Actually, last week in Milan I found a great cotton sport coat at Piombo. The jacket fits like the one above, but the upper-sleeve is slimmer and the washed cotton gives the jacket a sportier feel.

I have to write more about Piombo later. If you don't know it, imagine an Italian, super chic version of J.Crew.

Comments on "On the Street....Preparing for Pitti, Florence"

 

Blogger Jasmin said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I wonder how he doesn't sweat with all this clothes on?..But looks nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Sorry, I don't like it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Love it!

 

Blogger Indigo | Iris said ... (9:07 AM) : 

i do like the mix between casual and sports. but not too sure about the look. theres something not right here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

Love the look, but what about shoes for this?

 

Blogger indis said ... (9:11 AM) : 

combining things and getting unique results is something that I favor a lot but, these things should be conceptually relevant. In my opinion a tailored jacket and combat shorts are one of the worst combination a man can wear :( sorry for that but I find them very unharmonious. anyways, I love your blog and it inspires me all the time.

 

Blogger Ashes said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Extreme casual smart: a very stylish gentlemen. His sunglasses, I love :)

 

Anonymous Mr Bumper said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Perfection - right mix of casual and chic. The hand in the pocket just completes the outfit.
www.thedailyterrier.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Really love it!
Like the mix of chic and sports!
I will be in Florence too !

 

Blogger the style crusader said ... (9:20 AM) : 

hmmm... definitely not too crazy about this combo. very traditional blazer worn with very traditional blue shirt.... untucked and paired with army cargo shorts? what's he wearing on his feet? if my husband tried to leave the house like this i'd ask him if he was half asleep? looks totally confused... going to the park or to an office? straight chino shorts (no pockets/no camo) would have been better in my books... this looks slightly confused. xx

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I like it a lot! :) as usual, what impress me the most is a good mixture of hihg end- tailored - expensive with nonchalant, underground, cheap.
He looks great to me

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:31 AM) : 

You know ... waist up? the look is great. Waist down? the look is great.

But taken together? Sorry, but it just looks lame.

 

Blogger Love Food said ... (9:33 AM) : 

I really can't decide if I like this or not. I like the idea of it, but don't think the finished result quite works. Perhaps if the shorts weren't so casual.

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Loving the young summer freash buisness man look!






www.fashionsmind.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Loving the young summer freash buisness man look!






www.fashionsmind.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Emmy G said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I really like the concept, but perhaps with another type of shorts besides army cargo shorts. Something a little more classic perhaps. I think the look could also translate well for women -- a nice fitted blazer with some tasteful shorts.

 

Blogger Monika said ... (10:07 AM) : 

interesting and not for anyone:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

when does camo ever look good? even on a chic guy like this, it still looks ridiculous. i get the idea of the look and like it, but the execution is lacking.

 

Blogger CLAUDIA C. said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I like it very much!!!!!!
Kiss
Claudia
http://audreyismyfavorite.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ilovefashion said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I think it depends on what the shorts look like but it sounds alright i guess :D




http://fashion-in-pictures.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger STREETFSN said ... (10:42 AM) : 

well.... I'm not sure about this...
it could be.. hm... I don't know..

http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

 

Blogger eye-catcher-stuttgart said ... (10:44 AM) : 

great style. it´s a mix of casual and fashion...

____________
http://eye-catcher-stuttgart-engl.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Gon said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Sounds great! Please share it, can't wait to read ;D

xx,
Dimogonda

 

Blogger nobody said ... (10:52 AM) : 

the idea is great - chic, great for hot weather, but i think this particular look is just wrong. the shorts are simply hideous, not matching the jacket and combined with this shirt making the man's legs look extremely short.
you should definitely try this idea though. camel and military shorts would be great.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (11:16 AM) : 

It's kinda cool, but I'm not totally convinced. Oh dear, am I turning old-fashion(ed)?

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Interesting combi with the tailored jacket and camo shorts.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (11:50 AM) : 

this is actually a very good idea. love the sporty/formal feel. he surely knows how to impress!!

hi there, fashion playground! bye bye yesterday!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (12:17 PM) : 

fantastic mix

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Hi!

Are you stopping by to Pitti Bimbo as well?

 

Blogger xC-Ax said ... (12:36 PM) : 

the shorts would look much better without that silly looking logo on the front.i think he kind of looks like a fraternity boy....

x Carla x

carlascollage.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I like the green and navy mix a lot!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:53 PM) : 

this is the first time i will ever say this but, I don't like it! i don't like it at all. the shorts are just horrible and don't go well with the outfit at all. it's like half of his body is formal and the bottom is hillbilly truck driving.

i'm sorry, scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Sexy, I'd say ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Love the juxstaposition of the shirt/jacket with those shorts!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (1:09 PM) : 

This man is super-fine.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Uh, I'm not convinced either. What's wrong with a pair of casual pants in a cool linen?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

This is a hot look, it's very Hip-Hop mogul late 20th century. Those guys had an ear to the street and the boardroom. the mix of two different evnirons really gives such good fashion.

*sP

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I don't like it. Seems like something men of a certain age would do to convince themselves they're still young and hip.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I want to see his shoes... http://letsgototiffany.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Tailored nonchalance gone awry....

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I like the idea, but I think that military shorts aren't the best choice with nice shirt, jacket and golden sunglasses. I believe that he had some reason to put them on ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

I like this, though agree it could be executed even better. And I also wonder, as a previous commenter did: what shoes?

 

Blogger Danny said ... (2:24 PM) : 

I like the idea but no on him.

http://bigmouthvintage.com

 

Blogger Fly said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I love that style and I know Piombo, sometimes I can find particular scarfes!



http://flyselfportrait.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Stylish man! wow! Great photo!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Z Fashion Blog said ... (3:17 PM) : 

The idea is nice but it doesn't work for him...

Why untuck the shirt?
And why the army cargo shorts?

I think he would have looked much better if he had more elegant shorts with a belt and the shirt tucked in.

 

Anonymous John Wesley said ... (3:22 PM) : 

This combination is drawing some of the most ambivalent responses I've seen. The jacket is terrific and it suits you.

The problem is the shorts. Rather than an interesting juxtaposition, this one's not working. Perhaps it's the camo-cargo thing -- which I've been sick of for the last 2 years.

There must be other super-casual options worth a try.

--jw

 

Blogger desertrat said ... (3:43 PM) : 

From my own reactiona nd the comments above, you cant put just anything together and have it look good. Sometimes it looks odd and trying-too-hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

i guess it´s a nice idea, but i don´t really see those pieces together.

maybe a different pair of shorts (classier ones, maybe) would´ve done better job. he has confidence to wear army shorts, but not everyone can pull this look off...

 

Anonymous Kerry said ... (4:04 PM) : 

What was he wearing for shoes?

 

Anonymous Kerry said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Smokin'.

 

Anonymous Jennifer - Stylish Clin d'Oeil said ... (4:40 PM) : 

It's kinda strange, but i find this outfit great!
But we easily guess that this man is not walking down a street in Paris! I haven't seen someone like him in Paris!
When will we see a lot of cool looks like this one in Paris? I can't wait: it would be so great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I frequently pair jackets with shorts, but I am vehemently against camouflage unless you're in the military.

 

Anonymous FashionLifeCoach said ... (5:01 PM) : 

I dont like this combination of outfit.It is already quite dated...sorry but this is more than a fashion faux-pas I would say.

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (5:10 PM) : 

This is actually one of very few of your posts that I can truly say that I thoroughly hate. Love the shirt, nice jacket, but I think the sunglasses are a little tacky and the shorts just look dumb. I do, however, agree that the concept is interesting and would be a nice summer look/feel...and I imagine the Sartorialist could do it much better!

 

Blogger Tipsformywardrobe said ... (5:20 PM) : 

I think it´s too much cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

the atmospheric clash is even bigger than the formal one. To me it`s difficult to get the story that is told, the personality that is expressed or the mood this man may be in. I am missing the dialog and the communication that fashion is about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Really tough to pull that look off, but he does it very well. I think it looks awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

I don't know. If this outfit were a hairstyle, it would be a mullet. Business on top, party on the bottom. I'm not sure it really works. Like the idea of mismatching styles, but this just seems to miss, in my opinion.

 

Blogger . said ... (6:22 PM) : 

What an endearing juxtaposition of styles; work hard, play hard ey?!
http://a-to-zeina.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

no. sorry. wrong.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Abercrombie meets Michael Bastian... not too bad... he carries with confidence

 

Blogger Eryl said ... (7:07 PM) : 

I love the jacket and the untucked shirt; the shorts jar which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I think it may be a pattern break too far. I applaud him for trying though, and don't believe there is such a thing as trying too hard.

Is there such a thing as a 'perfect scenario' in and of itself?

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (7:09 PM) : 

LOVE the shorts with the outfit!!

www.cestclassique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Candy said ... (7:11 PM) : 

I'm not too sure about the style, but I do love all your portraits! What type of equiptment are you using?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

this look works on so many levels allowing men to play with conceived traditional male looks. Not too disimilar from the previous post. they only thing that is truly missing it what sart mentionned in his dialogue re his Piombo purchase. The blazer needs to be more fitted and slimmer sleeve. This is a male version of the Balmain look.

 

Blogger Victoria and Danni said ... (7:11 PM) : 

this definitely puts a new definition to the term casual chic!!

BRAVO.

check out my blog.

TheDeckmiami.blogspot.com

 

Blogger stoneandcloth said ... (7:20 PM) : 

business up top - casual on the bottom. pretty cool.



www.stoneandcloth.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Jaq Fonte said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Ohhhh, Scott! This look is very LA/Orange County California. Very surfer-goes-to-work. I love it, but perhaps because I grew up around it?
I think you could pull if off nicely if you stick to the casual undertones this look has going for it.

 

Blogger Contact said ... (7:51 PM) : 

an Italian J Crew sounds correct! if only i could get my boyfriend to dress like that ; )

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

i love the jacket and shorts look. its very popular in Dallas- u have no other option but to wear shorts in the summer heat!

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

 

Blogger パスカル said ... (8:32 PM) : 

very much looking forward about Piombo! love it, but it had been disappeared quite a while from UK scene.

 

Blogger dotalot said ... (8:34 PM) : 

love it, i bet this guy is a news reader for television, i'd love to see what he is wearing on his feet, flip flops i hope! x

 

Blogger Sara Sara said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Wow- hilarious that the Sartorialist savvy readers miss the point on this combo- why are girls allowed to create unique outfits mixing styles and men get slammed for being creative and confident. I think it is brilliant and obviously ahead of the times. Well spotted

 

Blogger Lorraine said ... (9:21 PM) : 

The contrast looks cool, but I think another color would look better for those shorts.

 

Blogger Bob@guymeetstabletop said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Hell to the yeah!! It's all about his face. It reads complete confidence, and therefor works!

 

Blogger Oscar said ... (9:58 PM) : 

some things are better left untouched, and this is one of them (maybe he could wear another colour bottom?). i do wonder whether people on this actually do like it, or just agree with anything that gets posted up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

No, it looks sloppy. Shorts are too casual, shirt untucked. This person is obviously someone with a great wardrobe and is well groomed, not scruffy enough to pull off this look. Sub in white jeans, or even regular, worn, jeans, for these shorts.

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (10:08 PM) : 

For one of the first time since I've been following your blog, it has made me laugh out loud!
I totally did not expect the reactions that I kept scrolling through just now!
My goodness Mr. Schuman...you put yourself out there and got your proverbial wrist slapped. Yikes.
Post photos PLEASE when you get the look you want.
(For the record, I'm not keen on the combo either. You've got a better take on style than this.)

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (10:59 PM) : 

The green camouflage shorts with blue button shirt,navy jacket give this serious-looking-man-with-shaven-head a boyish look that the eternal girl within me likes. Boys who dress themselves wear interesting combinations like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

OMG-->I'm in love!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

the shorts don't match the blazer and button up...but i love it! he works it!


http://pieinmypants.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Ryan said ... (1:43 AM) : 

The good look of this pic is more about the man pulling it off than the clothing combo. He makes it work. Unfortunately, I don't think its great. A schlubby friend of mine does stuff like this, and more because an AE mannequin circa 2005 told him to rather than because he is legit interested in his style.

 

Blogger Yout said ... (1:49 AM) : 

I feel like this look is sloppy. It's like there's a disconnect between the upper half and the lower half. Perhaps it's the camo. Perhaps it's just me.

I love the look of shorts with a tailored jacket, but when I imagine it in my head the fabrics are cottony and light, in whites and sky blues. The shorts are cut above the knee and the sleeves are rolled up. And he's wearing loafers. And a mean tan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 AM) : 

I love it, he looks great, and I m missing this kind of dresses over Budapest/Hungary/ :-)
Have a great day!

 

Blogger Jet Tech said ... (3:23 AM) : 

Awesome idea loving the look 100%

 

Anonymous Sara Bentley said ... (4:27 AM) : 

I this guy has a great look! Maybe he purposefully set out to achieve it but it still somehow looks effortless. Very European and VERY Italian :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 AM) : 

by the way, he's my type:p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

I was asking about the shoes for this and someone mentioned flip-flops. Those would be my first choice as I always do cargo shorts and casual shirt with them. However, the jacket makes me wonder if they would work...

 

Blogger Hiroaki Nagahata said ... (7:28 AM) : 

this half pants will be new trend.

 

Anonymous Minna said ... (7:31 AM) : 

I think this is very handsome. I'm into the "not quite right" element. I'm curious about the type of shoes worn here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

I like the juxtaposition that's going on with the top and the bottom, but the shorts are justa little toooo casual for the cut of that jacket. More photos of Florence please: I'm longing to be there right now! :-)
Ciao, LB x x

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Good idea but not so sure it looks that good.

 

Blogger Benoit said ... (8:30 AM) : 

The very idea is good but I don't look these specific shorts, it sounds child-like. Have you seen the last campaign of The Kooples, Scott? Tailored jacket + slim shirt + shorts is a very good equation indeed

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Interesting look, it gets so hot here in Madrid in summer this could be an option for those "half-dressed-up" days!

 

Blogger Lee Oliveira said ... (9:21 AM) : 

very chic.
tailored jacket + cargo shorts!

and yes.. looks very J.Crew.

www.leeoliveira.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I love it! His attitude makes it work:)

 

Blogger cherry arceo said ... (11:39 AM) : 

the upper part is immaculate, the bottom, err, sorry i'm not feeling it. one must be really confident to rock this outfit. i must sat his stance made up for it.

 

Blogger Meghan McNally said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I like the idea, but I'm not a fan of the camo. Or the cargo shorts look at all really, but I can deal with that if the shorts are a better color/pattern.

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Very kool. On any other person, it might not look this good..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I think that shorts make you even shorter:/
but in his case looks very nice!he is tall and masculine type..love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I love the top half. Really don't understand the choice of shorts though. Surely, he needs some more tailored shorts? however, perfect glasses for his face.

 

Blogger MONICA SORS said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I have never seen the military style in a man looking so elegant! Nice picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

maybe it's the way the picture was taken, but i don't like the look of this.

 

Blogger KM said ... (1:46 PM) : 

With the right pair of shorts, this could work. But with camo-baggy-cargos? Not so much

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

It made me GASP (as most of your pics do)...in a GREAT way. Great fashion is bravery squared.

 

Blogger La Boheme said ... (2:47 PM) : 

He owns the look and that is why it works for me. The right amount of confidence can make magic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Great pic, but not to sure about the outfit. Looks like he got mugged for his pants, the thief made off with his good ones, homey got stuck with the short ends. Camo at that.

I mean what was linen invented for anyway?

 

Blogger hc said ... (3:54 PM) : 

the juxtaposition is unmatched. if he's wearing white gym socks with loafers, i will marry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

No thank you.

 

Blogger severin said ... (4:22 PM) : 

i like the mix between sporty and buisness clothes !!!
But i don't like the sunglasses.

 

Anonymous sollola said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Camo shorts are never a good choice.

 

Blogger Sydney said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I love how unexpected this outfit is. I love the contrast between the shorts and the blazer.

http://januaryeleven.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I can see where he's going, but he just doesn't quite make it. Love his sunglasses. The blue, high waisted jacket buttoned once is superb and looks good against his skin tone. The untucked oxford is well-played. But the shorts? The silly patch? Maybe he's trying just a bit too hard. I'm just dying to see his shoes...

 

Blogger Cava Charlotte said ... (6:13 PM) : 

No, no, nooooooooooo!!

Dislike.

And even if you are going to wear this - don't button your blazer!!

Pitti Uomo

 

Blogger LifE KiT Lifestyle Co. said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Such a great combination..you must love in individual whose not afraid to tackle their own style...

www.lkallday.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Amazing jacket, nice shirt....can someone tell me if it's a Boglioli jacket?
Great glasses too. But these cameo shorts with a logo embroided....come on....bad bad bad!!

 

Blogger savoie said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I think the jacket could be less dark more rumpled and it would work. or the shorts could be more tailored less cargo.

-anna

chateausavoie.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:56 PM) : 

You cannot even put camo cargo shorts in the same category as a "super chic version of J. Crew." There is nothing chic about cargo shorts and the only thing simular to J. Crew is the top half of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

looks like he's trying for Bermuda 'business wear'...but missed the mark: http://xrl.in/5i4j

 

Anonymous cociolph said ... (11:26 PM) : 

To quote Sheridan Whiteside's opening line in The Man Who Came to Dinner: "I may vomit."

 

Anonymous The Beso Team said ... (12:25 AM) : 

Hmm, trying to determine if I like this look. It screams..."look at me, I want to be looked at", to me. Tailored jacket, collared shirt with cargo shorts is not a style that can be worn while complimenting a person style. Maybe if you exude enough confidence like this man in the photo.......still thinking.
Dana
The Beso Team
Beso.com

 

Blogger nom de plum said ... (4:36 AM) : 

He looks beautiful :), I love it!

 

Blogger thecowardlylion said ... (4:44 AM) : 

the eternal question asking whats the the perfect balance between dressy and casual answered!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 AM) : 

I'd like to go to Pitti Uomo too, Florence is so beautiful this season. Lucky you!
About this look: the first time I looked at it I thought "what??". Now I'm learning to appreciate it, maybe also because of his undeniable confidence!

http://subconchicness.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous FashionandorStuff said ... (6:15 AM) : 

Yeah I love this look! It's something a bit different which I always like. The italians can get away with anything...fashion speaking!

 

Anonymous Kristijonas said ... (7:11 AM) : 

Yeah, not feeling it either. I tried to appreciate the look but it's just too... gross.

Love the top half - the look of this un-constructed blazer is perfect. Have to get a few of these. Keep on doing your thing!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Is Pitti Uomo coming back already? How time flies by! Very nice picture, though. I am considering making shorts out of one of my pair of trousers, in order to have a suit with matching shorts like an American in Cuba.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mumei said ... (10:28 AM) : 

camo should not be worn unless you're in the military. period.

a sports coat with shorts looks great if you pair it with the right pair of shorts though.

i say explore away.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I think that look would be better with maybe something like a linen short. Cargo pants/shorts just make me angry that men don't have hips and get better pockets than women do ...

Otherwise, why suffer the heat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I love his confidence. It's what makes the outfit work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

I don't like it either. Not a good mix.

 

Blogger Kristin said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Love the idea, but maybe the camo and the patch on the shorts is a bit much. I think it would work better with a solid sportier short like this:
http://atticusshop.com/product/relwen-fatigue-cut-off-short.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

lovely combination!
ONE does need to be BOLD AND CONFIDENT to try it out!
or one cant carry it!
LOVELY! :)
haha :)

Keep it stylish
Sonaksha
will drop by again! :)
following you! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

amazing blog!
http://nevereversitting.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

I'm in the 'nay' contingent.

It looks very confused rather avant-garde.

 

Blogger Lorena Botello said ... (12:02 AM) : 

I love it! He has the best style, definitely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Great concept and I can see how it could look really fantastic, but in the picture the blocks of colors are too stark for the already liberal take on mixing formal and casual. I would really love to see a guy in this look.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (7:13 AM) : 

Camouflage print AND 5-pocket shorts? No. Not even without the jacket. Major fail.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

I notice that people who have served in the armed forces don't wear camouflage. Yet those who would never be in the military do. I wonder if service men find it slightly offensive. Personally I think it is a lovely pattern, but I always hesitate to wear it. Especially now that many have returned to the states with haunting memories.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:55 PM) : 

He looks great but no so much because what he is wearing but because he is at ease with himself and confident.The don't-try-this-yourself look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

I can't believe how old-fashioned everyone is. This is a great look.
But let the haters hate! ...with their shirts and creativity tucked in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Does he work behind a counter or something? A newscaster perhaps? I do not understand this combo at all.

He is handsome and it's a nice shot (as always)
:)

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Juxtaposition at its finest. You have to have mad confidence to pull it off.

windowshop78.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

i actually like this, and i will wear it with pride. it reminds of when little boys wear their cowboy boots with some funky shorts and some type of t shirt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

I like the IDEA. I love when people combine two styles that wouldn't make sense. But I don't like the man. I don't know what it is, but I feel like this look could be pulled off by a number of people. Just not this guy.

http://watermelonfeet.blogspot.com
^^checkitout

 

Blogger Liz S said ... (9:48 PM) : 

This doesn't even look mismatched to me --more like he forgot to put the rest of either the top half or bottom half on.--sorry--the concept is great but I feel a tailored casual short in khaki would have been what was needed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Could be good but shorts need to be better. Ditch the pockets.

 

Anonymous Buddy said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Very sharp - I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

He moves with such grace - love him!

 

Blogger Sticky Penguin said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Think he's working it better than should be got away with - puts me in mind of the quote by Cyril Connolly on Vita Sackville-West - "She looked like Lady Chatterley above the waist and the gamekeeper below."

 

Blogger MEO said ... (3:45 PM) : 

hello! I hope to meet even this year, in the Pitti Uomo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

i bought a piombo suit 2 years ago,,feels great ,perfect fit,,,love it

 

Blogger Montse Gabrielle said ... (5:56 AM) : 

me enkanta tu blog muakis
sigueme: www.gabriellemode.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous paula said ... (9:05 AM) : 

can i marry him?

 

Anonymous Loeder said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Woww I like!!

 

Blogger J.Ro said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Bono's got nothin' on him. Love it.

www.jasonromaine.com

 

Blogger Yasemin Akcaguner said ... (5:59 AM) : 

i think it looks a little pretentious, like he put too much thought into it and it still doesn't work out for him. also something doesn't feel right about the proportions.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Sportier? Really? It's not like the guys going to play volley ball in that later. How about business casual up top and Nick Lachey on the bottom? No, just me?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Adore it. Looks like something my husband would dream up, which is of course why I married him.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting