This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Out of Nowhere, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, May 29, 2010

On the Street....Out of Nowhere, Milano

This past week I was shooting an ad campaign in Milan.

While I was searching for a location on a very quiet residential street near Parco Sempione, this man, a Sartorialist All-Star, just happened to pop up on his bike. This must have been fate because the street was so quiet.

I didn't have my regular camera, since I was riding around on the back of a Vespa. However Emanuele, one of the production staff, had his tiny point-and-shoot so I rattled off a few shots.

It has always been so random when I run into this gentleman and yet always quite inspiring. He's so sporty, chic and, of course, always with his bike.

When we got back to the trailer I told one of the other production people about seeing him again, and she's now convinced that he's my guardian angel!

Comments on "On the Street....Out of Nowhere, Milano"

 

Blogger mariel said ... (10:29 AM) : 

A Sartorialist All-Star indeed!

 

Blogger LPC said ... (10:30 AM) : 

But his sunglasses! They are perfection! All over-sized glasses suddenly and definitively passe.

 

Blogger JimmyP said ... (10:34 AM) : 

He is so cool!

 

Blogger MandG said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Beautiful!

 

Anonymous Mostbanginest said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Tremendous. Perfect jacket.
-
www.mostbanginest.com

 

Anonymous Public Mentor said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Exquisite Gentleman.

Detached and dandy

 

Blogger the style crusader said ... (10:55 AM) : 

such a lovely story and what an amazing look he has! that perfectly white beard (the mustache shape!) and hair, those little glasses, the red shirt, faded jeans, loafers and bike! so perfect. he definitely has a sort of utterly chic santa/angel quality about him! x

 

Blogger Róża said ... (10:57 AM) : 

He's so stylish. Love his moustache :)

My blog

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:57 AM) : 

If I can look half this good when I'm this gentleman's age, I will have reached Nirvana!

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (11:00 AM) : 

He looks great. I love his color combinations and the cut of his pants cuffs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

There is something extra admirable about looking so chic while you're on a bike; it makes your style seem even more natural and effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

You definitly like people on bikes.
Who knows, your gardian angel my be a biker!!!
Sacramento from Andalucía-
Spain

 

Anonymous Tom said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Francesco Maglia?

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I cannot comment on his being your guardian angel or not, but I really like his choice of colours!

Thanks for sharing.

<a href="http://davidikus.blogspot.com/>http://davidikus.blogspot.com/</a>

 

Blogger Ashes said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Stylish Gentleman. Love his shoes and the length of his trousers :) His spectacles are cute too.

 

Blogger Nedda Ebo said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Definitely see why you call him a Sartorialist all-star. He has amazing sense of style...and I love his beard! Hehe.

Mustart x

 

Anonymous The Fashion Examiner said ... (11:25 AM) : 

He represents that wonderful Milan style I always think of when I look back to my long-ago trip to Milano in 1992. Everyone looked so effortlessly chic - an inspiration!

 

Anonymous Karen E said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I think we in the comments have mentioned before how great a Sartorialist 'Style on Bikes' book would be ....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Perfection! piece of clothing is the perfect cut and color to compliment the whole. I particularly LOVE the tapered jeans and loafers.

 

Blogger Zeph Colombatto said ... (11:42 AM) : 

love the pic!

what point and shoot did you use to take the shot?

 

Anonymous Maria D. said ... (11:42 AM) : 

This man looks far too much like Santa NOT to be. Every time he pops up in one of your shoots I end up smiling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

These old italian man have something magical. They're tradition and classicism and they looks always perfect.
Shonwer

http://shonwer.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Italian style. Cool! I hope to look close to this when I get to his age!
Yeah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Ernest Hemmingway, is that you??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Milan outfitters of all ages always have something to say, love them!
I really like his jacket and how he manages to wear his sunglasses.

http://subconchicness.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous ece said ... (12:15 PM) : 

i saw this gentelman the same day, he was wearing this outfit and actually riding his bike at porta ticinese. and i was very impressed about his looks and i admired his energy. you can tell from this look that he is a life lover.

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Fabulous!!! XD

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

OMG!!!!Buffalo Bill has been reincarnated and gone to Milan !!

To me, what makes him so chic is the way he sits nonchalantly on his saddle and wears non-sport clothes to ride a bike and the perfection of his flawlessly white hair and the "old money-classic basics" quality of his shoes.

I can't help but wonder where he lives and what he does apart from riding his bike.

 

Blogger La Boheme said ... (12:23 PM) : 

He is a perfection! Of course the bike is a must. I do hope he is your guardian angel and we get to see more of him in your random run-ins.

 

Anonymous pRiyA said ... (12:25 PM) : 

A trim Santa in stylish summer gear! He is gorgeous.

 

Blogger GUISPIRA GUCCIA said ... (12:37 PM) : 

love his sunglasses

 

Blogger chung-chiao tai 戴中巧 said ... (12:39 PM) : 

He is cool angel,alike Santa Claus...but no smile!!

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Italian guys style is insane. I love the jacket and the shirt.
Good shot Sart.

windoshop78.blogspot.com

 

Blogger xC-Ax said ... (1:04 PM) : 

i love how perfect his beard is!just bought your book by the way.I love it!Everynight before I go to bed,I have a flick through it's pages.Perfect dream material if you ask me :)

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (1:07 PM) : 

fantastic shot...looks like a guardian angel...you are incredible

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I love this look, the small sunglasses, the burly beard and mustache, the longish hair, as if to say, I'll do as I please. And then the effortless look of the tattersall shirt and the tan jacket with jeans. Do you need an extensive wardrobe to achieve this?

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Good thing one of the production stuff had a camera! But then again, I'm sure if you took a picture with your phone it would still be a good one (or am I just being too optimistic, as usual? Could be :))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

who wouldn't love the idea of a guardian angel and of course yours would have to be the most chic angel ever.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I thought he was Santa :)

 

Blogger Natalia said ... (2:20 PM) : 

soooo stylish and I hadn't to read the head-line to know that his Italian:)yeah,Italian style!

The (im)Perfect Harmony

 

Blogger SONGMAKER said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Why oh why don't they make men like this in America -- and, more specifically, in Boston?!
THIS, folks, is a man.

 

Blogger Vagabonde said ... (3:14 PM) : 

What a handsome looking gentleman of a certain age.

 

Blogger Ola. said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Perfect! I wish I'd know somebody looking as good as this man is.

I wish I'd had so good sens of style:)

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (3:23 PM) : 

This is one of the reasons I just love Italy! The people are amazing! Fantastic ... and on a bike!

 

Blogger Sydney said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I love the little details like the glasses and the shoes!

www.bigorangetaxii.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (3:26 PM) : 

SO interesting!!

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Miiicha said ... (3:36 PM) : 

OMG so so CUTE!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

He must have his own category
"Guardian Angel" or 'Stylish Gentleman" so we can wee all of his photos together, please!

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (3:41 PM) : 

That is so cool Scott. I wonder if someday you will use your "friend" in a magazine shoot.

I can picture him riding his bike with a beautiful model on the handle bars, her head thrown back laughing, hair blowing & a long skirt flowing in the wind.

What do ya think?

 

Anonymous Hayley Golightly Style said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Absolutely stunning man. So chic.

http://hayleygolightlystyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Cara said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Thats one cool man, I like his beard :) haha

 

Blogger stoneandcloth said ... (4:09 PM) : 

i wish i could run into such style every day. from head to toe he is screaming it.


stoneandcloth.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Danny said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Looks like my gramps

http://bigmouthvintage.com

 

Blogger STREETFSN said ... (4:24 PM) : 

he's so gorgeous.
I want to be his grandson lol

 

Blogger mehschmeh said ... (4:36 PM) : 

first time's an accident
second's a coincidence
thrice is a significance

he must be

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:45 PM) : 

But you are a guardian angel.... The true style guardian!!!


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger memory of air said ... (4:56 PM) : 

I really love the mens' style that you have been posting for the last few days - tailored, effortless, clean.

I hope that I can learn at some point to translate what I love about menswear, into my own style, without seeming masculine, only stylish.

Thank you so much for the inspiration.

 

Blogger Dr. Pagan said ... (4:58 PM) : 

I love his style.
From his majestically grooved beard to his wonderful loafers.

LOVE

Dr Pagan
http://drpagan.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous honeybee said ... (5:04 PM) : 

WOULD LOVE TO SHARE A GLASS OF PERSECO WITH HIM AND HEAR HIS STORY....


XXOO
MELISSA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Love the fact that he's smoking a cigar - looks like he's enjoying life.

 

Blogger EricO said ... (5:08 PM) : 

His hair and mustache are so perfect that's exactly how i want to look like when i get older

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I live in this street!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

His smiling mustache makes him seem so amicable, his well groomed style so intelligent... what a gentleman!

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (5:57 PM) : 

thanks for nice shot....
great looking and definitely wise fella, who is worth to know more and become friends with...
Sart, you have an eye to notice interesting people, - thanks again

 

Blogger Elena said ... (6:06 PM) : 

He's perfection. He looks so effortlessly chic. Seeing him on the street would definately make my day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

He looks great, but a REAL gentlemen in town always wear SOCKS!!!!

monegasque@email.it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Oh why don't I ever see men like this? Instead I see sneakers, ill fitting tee shirts, overhanging bellies, and generally slovenly looking men everywhere. Sigh...take me to Italy, please!

 

Anonymous nainai said ... (6:30 PM) : 

He is the summer santa,,,,,, lol

http://www.nainai-fashion.com

 

Blogger Bell said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Touch Class. ¡Perfect gentleman!

 

Anonymous corve said ... (7:12 PM) : 

He looks good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I love him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

"I die"! Mamma mia. My absolute style pecadillo is a man with italian loafers and no sox. Does me in!

that's just a bonus in his case. i've missed his gougeousness on his bike and fabulous, impeccable...yet easy, natural style...similar to the "white knight in firenze... oops,I mean "heat" ;-)! again that killa' Italian DNA. DEar Sart and fellow Sarters, how 'bout we have fiction contest where we create fabulous stories around these Milanese style icons? I never ever tire of seeing them, and find myself fantisizing about their lives. I believe I read somewhere that this gentleman is overseeing the latest top secret Michaelangelo restoration at his lake house on Orto....his accoustic guitar rhapsodies melt the heart. He is very kind to anumals. Tonight he is dining with Miiucia and usual suuspects under the wisteria laden pergola at the family villa... Okey dokey..You talented writers, feel free to pipe in anytime here!
thanks Sart..like you, seeing "Mi angelina"
made my day!
annabella

 

Blogger IL GATTO SELVATICO said ... (9:25 PM) : 

He's great! (Grande!)

http://www.ilgattoselvatico.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Eve said ... (10:17 PM) : 

I didn't know guardian angles rode up on bikes! Yikes!

 

Blogger Benny said ... (10:17 PM) : 

it's so amazing to see him here AGAIN!!! he is incredible!

 

Anonymous sylvia said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Wow! this is THE cool man! I love him better than that SUSPENDER-size-not-so-fit man!

 

Blogger chibi said ... (11:02 PM) : 

ahahaha posh santa :D love him

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:39 AM) : 

I love him! The bike, the sporty chic look. A man on a bike always gets to me. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous S.T said ... (12:50 AM) : 

He personifies cool.

 

Blogger Lorraine said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Maybe he really is your guardian angel. The fashion guardian angel. It would be so great if I were to meet him.

 

Anonymous Z Fashion Blog said ... (1:19 AM) : 

That's one of the reasons I love living in Milan: Everybody has a sense of fashion.

I mean where else would you find an older guy on a bike dressed like this?!

 

Blogger Devy Nandya said ... (2:17 AM) : 

he looks like santa in daylight!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

"...she's now convinced that he's my guardian angel!" He's not dead yet! Teeheeheeeeeee

Seriously though, the fit of his jeans is fantastic.

 

Anonymous John Wesley said ... (3:00 AM) : 

Looks effortlessly put together.

The color of jacket is wonderful. (Khaki with mustard overtones.) Have always liked this color. Wish there were a name for it.

If you cover his head/beard with your finger, he could be 30-something. Nice to see an older gentleman looking so fit and vibrant!

--jw

 

Blogger Sam said ... (3:03 AM) : 

If Santa Claus were Italian...

Everything about him in this pic is fantastic! He is a magnificent bearded ray of sunshine!

 

Blogger Cultivated Ah Lian said ... (3:05 AM) : 

love the facial hair! and nice shoes!
lovely little story,try and make friends with him the next time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 AM) : 

May I know how you shot a good picture like that with a point and shoot? (with the front in focus and the background a little blurred)

 

Blogger anthony said ... (3:32 AM) : 

I've never liked shoes without socks. Fabulous pic and great clothes. (I thought you didn't post on Fridays, Saturdays...?)

 

Anonymous Ros said ... (4:31 AM) : 

I hope I get to see him when I visit Milan ...

 

Blogger 韋恩 said ... (4:49 AM) : 

I Love This Guy

 

Blogger teresweetstyle said ... (4:51 AM) : 

I love him too!!
perfect post!
kisses

http://sweetsyte.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 AM) : 

Nice moustache

 

Anonymous Youssef said ... (5:00 AM) : 

Just perfect!

He looks like he can sit next too you and talk to you all night long about women, philosophy etc. without becoming boring.

 

Anonymous märta stockholm sweden said ... (5:02 AM) : 

beautiful pic - aim for the moon and land among the stars



http://artbymeat.blogg.se

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 AM) : 

he's amazing! must be your guardian angel :)

 

Anonymous giampaolo said ... (5:54 AM) : 

He 's so natural

 

Blogger Jena Lou said ... (6:06 AM) : 

I love this. I especially love that his beard is groomed into perfection. This is kind of what I want to picture my dad as when he says he’s going out, but then I realize that it is a rare man who can look THAT spectacular in a mix of clothes that might be older than I am and new(er) + versatile pieces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

I L.O.V.E. this photo. Could look at it all day!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 AM) : 

He looks so stylish and friendly, Love this shot :)
http://corinnas-atelier.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 AM) : 

Happy o so very happy to see this pic! Growing up can be beautiful x I love a guy on a bike.

 

Blogger "Vishí e Puà" said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Shoes and sunglasses are the key. Great stilish man!

 

Blogger Allen Crawford said ... (7:18 AM) : 

Perfection.

 

Blogger Phyllis said ... (7:32 AM) : 

His mustache is magnificent and his beard is perfect!

 

Anonymous Jennifer - Stylish Clin d'Oeil said ... (7:38 AM) : 

Love that picture!
The guy is in a perfect adequation with his bicycle! Look the sunglasses and the light of the bike: same shape!
So stylish!

 

Blogger viejecita said ... (7:38 AM) : 

The gentleman, the bike, all look wonderful As per usual in your photos. But:
¿ Have you ever given a thought to photographing buildings as a sideline?
Because the big old wooden doors, the stones, the arches, even the metal tube structures of a certain corner of 10 th Ave NY, which is being rebuilt ,( a place I am partial to ), usually look magnificent when you show then as background in your images.

 

Blogger Julianne Fuchs-Musgrave said ... (7:50 AM) : 

ageless style, pure confidence

 

Blogger Juliet said ... (8:51 AM) : 

I really love this blog. It's beautiful, elegant, perfect! Every man or woman in the pictures has his/her own style. That's amazing :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Perfect:Camel+Pink+Denim+Brown

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Impeccable style.

 

Anonymous Mr Bumper said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Great beard. I'm going to try and get mine like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I LOVE YOUR BLOG.

We follow you,

Xoxo, Sarai.

 

Blogger Karina e Kátia said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Lovely pictures!

kisses

www.gauchasnamoda.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Waow.

I had scrolled down a little too much when I first looked at the photo, and only saw it from the waist down.
I was actually convinced that it was a woman.
A very chic and stylish woman. I've been looking for shoes like this for months now, and I'm starting to think.. I might find them in the men's department!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (10:31 AM) : 

This young gent is awesome! Love the tassel loafers that he often wears.

 

Anonymous mafalda said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Ah, gli italiani!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I've had a pair of these shoes for a number of years and think they're fabulous. I bought them at Celine in Paris and don't wear them all that much because they are a teeny bit tight. On the sole it says they were made in Italy. I wonder who made them.

 

Blogger Contact said ... (11:47 AM) : 

sporty chic is right. i love men who can pull of a pink shirt! perfect outfit combo for a sunday stroll

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

My God! He's beautiful!

 

Anonymous CROATOR.NET said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Santa Clause<3

 

Anonymous travel said ... (1:21 PM) : 

good blog and pic

 

Blogger Matthew Spade said ... (2:06 PM) : 

that is a fantastic look

 

Anonymous george said ... (2:29 PM) : 

this can only be found in Italy...perfect

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:36 PM) : 

I wish he was my dad

 

Blogger WolfandDeer said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Wow! I wish that was my grandpa!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Sart... can you profile him next time?. I wonder his age? his ankles and hands aren't old enough to match the colour of his hair... I wonder where he rides to?... Does he have a beautiful family living in their ancestral home?. or did he love once and now rides simply to relive those days. Was he the Captain of a grand ship now living his retirement in the town he loves. I love that he's riding and smoking a cigar.. is riding really all about health!... :)

 

Blogger *sunday* said ... (7:42 PM) : 

i cant even begin to tell you how much i enjoy seeing photos of "older than usual marketable age" people on your blog!! This guy is soo well dressed! I love people who embrace getting older.. in a society when everyone is doing all they can to stay young

 

Anonymous Sid Mashburn said ... (9:52 PM) : 

I love Santa, too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

This shot is somewhat surreal! I mean, this monsieur's image is quite aliken somebody who doesn't belong anywhere, he's got this "nowhereman" look, cannot explain it better...
Like your co worker said, I also think he is a kind of guardian angel of all of us, fashion lovers! Marvelous rose shirt!!!
Great, great shot!

 

Anonymous Blaise said ... (12:55 AM) : 

I like the fit of his jeans...

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (2:11 AM) : 

You have a very elegant guardian angel indeed! And his beard is so well groomed!

 

Blogger Marion St. Joan said ... (4:04 AM) : 

He reminds me of santa :D

 

Anonymous Sara Bentley said ... (4:10 AM) : 

That is such a happy coincidence! He really does have amazing style -- love his round sunglasses and white beard and hair! I can't stand it when men color their hair... white hair gives this gentleman such a personality! He looks like he should be a famous novelist or something else creative!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

veri stylish

 

Anonymous karnit said ... (5:23 AM) : 

When I go to pick up my kids from school I short cut through a very quiet neighborhood, boring nothing special... you get my drift. And for some reason I always see, there, of all places very interestingly (dressed) looking people. I can never stop because I'm rushing, but maybe I should passing by a little earlier. You never know... As you've pointed out your self.
www.theconceptdresser.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

I Love men in loafers without socks!! So chic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 AM) : 

Also loving the metal bangle resonating with the shades. And what appears to a perfectly flat stomach. Impressive!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Does anyone know what kind of bike the dude is riding?

 

Blogger Daylight Strobe said ... (6:14 AM) : 

This guy is a fresh lord

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (6:16 AM) : 

Aristocratic &sporting.It's the perfection of the classical combination of blue-white-red.In this case with the snow white beard.He has something special that goes further then a just classical/boring image of blue-white-red.
Perhaps an homage to Krzysztof Kiezlowski's trilogy "Bleu","Blanc","Rouge" and the revolutionary ideals of liberty,equality and fraternity.

 

Anonymous jepun said ... (6:43 AM) : 

it's the beard i tell ya. it has some sort of magical power or something...

 

Blogger LE CALZATURE said ... (7:53 AM) : 

FANTASTICO!

 

Blogger Lee Oliveira said ... (8:06 AM) : 

What a refreshing picture!
Well done Scott..

www.leeoliveira.com

 

Blogger San said ... (9:12 AM) : 

he must be an amazing character. I'd love to chat with him some time.

 

Blogger Signe said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I love how you keep running into him :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Hot Dude~!
Love it~!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

I've been trying on all different varieties of Levis endlessly trying to find a pair with a fit like that. Anyone have any reccomendations, levis or otherwise?

 

Blogger menina raposa said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Genial!!!!

 

Anonymous James said ... (11:44 AM) : 

I don't think he's your Guardian Angel... I think this is what God looks like when he turns up to greet you - well dressed & eco-friendly. Fabulous beard & Lennon-esque sunnies. Class.

http://www.jamescooperstudio.com

 

Blogger Shirley said ... (11:52 AM) : 

he is your own Santa!!

 

Anonymous Ellie said ... (12:34 PM) : 

This man has GREAT style. Love it.

 

Blogger Ben Hatke said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Definitely Guardian Angel material there. And not just a Sartorialist all star but a beard and mustache all star as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

He is amazing! I love him

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I love this outfit. Very nice indeed.

 

Blogger Zuzolińska said ... (4:39 PM) : 

He is FANTASTIC!

 

Blogger Gerund O'Malley said ... (5:24 PM) : 

Love his clothes, yes, but really love his bike! Anyone able to identify it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Cooler than cool; except for the shoes!

 

Anonymous Boracay beach resort said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Yes indeed, he is quite cool for his age. He seems like a nice guy. I love his mustache.

 

Anonymous Catskillet said ... (3:54 AM) : 

Hahaha... even your guardian angel is chic. Can you imagine?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Fabulous! And how does he keep his beard looking so...perfect?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Perfect jeans, perfect shoes, great beard - which barber-shop does he go to?? - making a unique look. I LOVE THIS GUY!

 

Blogger cherry arceo said ... (11:46 AM) : 

just can't help but smile when i saw this photo. he looks so cool, i see him as a grampy who gives cool advices to his grandaughter about love, and life in general. gosh, im so dramatic. teehee. :))

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (12:37 PM) : 

And, he looks like Santa ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

lovely!!

 

Anonymous evalyn said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Now, that's style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Santa unplugged. Damn the reindeer, it's hot and they have to take a vacation too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Love the (leather?) panniers.

 

Blogger ABBY said ... (4:22 PM) : 

such a handsome man. the beard looks lovely on him, but i'm so curious what he looks like without it. it'd be hard to shave that pretty work off, though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Perfect. Love his jewelry and belt. Love the cut of his jeans and how they just slightly taper at the leg. He is well-groomed and alluring in a non-ostentatious way.

 

Anonymous Marie said ... (7:00 PM) : 

omg, its Santa!!!

 

Anonymous Herzog said ... (8:38 PM) : 

The bike is a classic rod-brake roadster. Nearly identical ones are produced over the world. Eastman and Flying Pigeon brands from China are perhaps the easiest to obtain.

Google: flying pigeon, eastman roadster, rod brake roadster

 

Blogger AllAboutStyle said ... (1:58 AM) : 

How stylish! And such perfect beard!

 

Anonymous Diamondvirgin.com said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Amazing style!

 

Blogger Katie said ... (9:43 AM) : 

guardian angel... or he spends hours getting dressed every morning he knows you're in town, follows you to quiet streets, and then c a s u a l l y bikes past looking fantastic. hm??

 

Blogger F.E. Castleberry said ... (9:47 AM) : 

So on point. His tassled loafers are brilliant (sans socks of course).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I want to stroke that beard!

 

Blogger Ilaria said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I read your post, went out and saw him on his bike in Via Torino. And I could not take a photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

sure it's not santa on vacay?

 

Blogger We will fight on the beaches.... said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Is there no end to this guys coolness? He's smoking a cigar!

 

Blogger Miss Hothouse Orchid said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Pure Awesomeness

 

Blogger M O Z A said ... (5:17 AM) : 

well groomed

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

He's just great!

 

Anonymous jaine said ... (12:02 PM) : 

i love the stash!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:54 PM) : 

That guy is great. He is unique, which is rare.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

one hot Lolo!! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

This is great- I wore almost the exact same outfit yesterday- goes to show that fashion transcends ages and genders. Love it and love him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 AM) : 

Dandy. Fantastic!

 

Blogger Laura said ... (8:03 AM) : 

I am one lucky gal. I was at the post office nearby where you took this photo just this morning, and all of a sudden, he was standing next to me. I recognized his loafers, and i just sort of looked up to see him. I couln't let it pass! So I looked at him and said "Do you know you're famous?" And he let out just a little chuckle and said "well, um, yes, kinda". So we ended up taking about The Sartorialist and the post. He is as much a gentleman in person as he is in style.

I'm still smiling.

 

Anonymous Zeb said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Cool!!!

 

Blogger Tony Rhode said ... (10:32 AM) : 

nice mustaches :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

he's perfect. make me think he makes his life what he wants it to be.

 

Anonymous SartorialStudent said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I want to look like this guy when I'm an old man. What a Beard!

 

Blogger afro-chick said ... (8:10 PM) : 

i feel very positively about this picture.

 

Blogger Jerrica said ... (1:25 PM) : 

He looks so cool. It pleases me to see someone of that age still so into dressing smooth.

 

Anonymous Alexis said ... (2:57 AM) : 

What a class act. I would love to meet this man!

 

Blogger Charmaine Lee said ... (11:02 PM) : 

this is a perfect example showing that a great photographer makes the best out of any camera he or she is given :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:49 AM) : 

this is exactly how i want to look when i'm 70

 

Anonymous Heather said ... (3:54 PM) : 

I love his look. It looks so familiar. Inventors and scientist in movies always have this look. Well the glasses and beard anyways.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

This is my favourite photo of the week. This man's got it goin' on right down to his snowy well groomed beard. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

This is fantastic! What a character.

•Choubelle•

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting