This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Why Don't You?...

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why Don't You?...

Why don't you...
Use a tie clip to clip your ipod headphone wires to the inside of your shirt?
- Josh Marlow
Thanks for all of the great "Why Don't You..." submissions, There were some really great ideas. I'm going to start posting my favorites. I like it when people stayed true to the spirit of DV and married folly and practicality. The beauty of her wisdom was suggesting to do something unexpected with an ordinary item or do something mundane with extraordinary flair.

Comments on "Why Don't You?..."

 

Blogger Jo said ... (7:18 PM) : 

I like that idea. Keeping things hid in great style. Speaking of.... I just have to say that I am so happy to see Eileen Fisher in your sidebar. Very refreshing and classy. Sometimes American Apparel's ads just make me cringe.

 

Blogger BlumeBloom said ... (8:28 PM) : 

I have been so looking foward to the "Why Don't You..." posts!

 

Blogger Crystal said ... (10:02 PM) : 

well said!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

Handy tip. Could add a nice dash of sprezzatura. Looking forward to more of the Diana Vreeland inspired posts.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Nice tip.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Agree w/Miz November re. Eileen Fisher ads vs. American Apparel.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I am just reading Liz Tilbers' book (a bit behind, I know) and she mentioned the "Why Don't You" column by Vreeland. It is funny, in this world of fashion, how many great ideas continually orbit and until they are resurrected, under a modern interpretation. Like it did in her book, like it did in this contest. I am sure that DV never though that the concept would involve the term "iPod earphones." Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Sometimes I use a knot cuffklink in the buttonhole on the jacket revers

G.

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Oh I'm going to really enjoy reading this contests' submissions! Definately lookign forward to more of your favorites!

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (11:20 PM) : 

Wow, I am going to try that.
Thank you.

windowshop78.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:04 AM) : 

I have read a lot about this on other articles written by other people, but I must admit that you is the best.


green planet

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Because my suits have these smart little pieces of fabric to tread the wire through (se pic, black stripe above pockets)

http://frostclothing.no/fc/skin/frontend/default/jm_lead/images/media/fc1.jpg

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting