This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 08, 2010

On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin

Comments on "On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin"

 

Blogger WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said ... (3:09 PM) : 

You are successfully wetting my appetite for Berlin!

Could it be Banksy??

Yours Truly

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i

 

Anonymous molly:: apple cyder said ... (3:09 PM) : 

If this photo doesn't scream "BERLIN" I don't know what does. Awesome!

 

Blogger Glamcultkid said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Just came back from a trip to Berlin for inspiration and trend spotting.
Many of us took a picture of that including me. Funny to see it again/

 

Blogger bianka said ... (3:24 PM) : 

haha i know the corner!! love berlin!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:28 PM) : 

it doesn't seem detailed enough for banksy but it was my first thought too!

I love that you posted this though Sart. Good lookin' out. It that isn't street style then i don't know what is!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Nice stencil. And nooo there is no way that is Banksy. doh!

 

Anonymous Pattern Junkie said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Love the skirt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Its an Norwegian artist who is behind this grafiti. His name is DOLK and have many artworks around in Norway and other European cities.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.6186843

Use google translation if you don't understand norwegian:P

Just google DOLK and you find many artwork from him

Donnie Darko - Norway

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (3:33 PM) : 

i <3 grafitti!!

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Oh ... I've seen the photo that picture is based on. I do like the grungier take on it.

 

Blogger Henri said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I actually photographed this very mural last week. Scott, you need to stop copying me! Only joking. It caught my eye also. Very cool.

 

Blogger Manda EBrettl said ... (3:51 PM) : 

love this!

 

Anonymous Miss Chloé said ... (4:16 PM) : 

It looks like Banksy!
I love Berlin! Between war ruins and avant-garde! Wonderful people and probably the best night life I ever enjoyed!

We are waiting for the Photo Vintage winner!! Pleeease!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Looks like Louise Brooks.

 

Blogger Gary said ... (4:44 PM) : 

OH ! SHE HAS THE SAME ATTITUDE THAN THE GIRL ON THE PREVIOUS PHOTO ! This is so funy.

 

Blogger No One said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Excuse me, but this stencil is by Oxo, Xoxox or XooX, as one can see when looking at what comes from her head. It is an artist from Berlin!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

I would say it's the artist Xooox. He makes stencils in Germany. Manly woman thinking xooox.
http://www.xoooox.com/projects/street/

But maybe it's work of both.

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Guys, it really does not look like Banksy. The style is too clumsy for Banksy (even for Dolk, I would have thought but I am wrong apparently).

Not everyone who does stencil is Banksy. Banksy did not invent Stencil! I read recently in the British press that Blek Le Rat is France's answer to Banksy... I have seen Blek Le Rat's stencils in Paris at least since 1984 (and I am told he started in 1980-1).

I also suggest you have a look at guerilla photographer, if you want to see the most fantastic stencil/photo landscape art in the world:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/mar/07/street-art-jr-photography

I think this IS mindblowing.

BY the way: nice picture, great post!

<a href="http://davidikus.blogspot.com/>http://davidikus.blogspot.com/</a>

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

lovely

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous C. said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Love street art . . .

 

Blogger Joyce said ... (5:33 PM) : 

So amazing!
<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I love That City!!!

 

Blogger Maria Ana said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Berlin is amazing!

 

Blogger L. said ... (5:49 PM) : 

finally! some street art
I want more

 

Anonymous olafgermany said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Thank you very much for the interesting evening and the autograph in Berlin. I was present as a guest when you have spoken to the audience in the hotel. Great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

i love snapping photos of graffiti from the different places i visit. gute Arbeit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

This is fantastic, thank you so much for sharing it!!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I love the art. This is awesome.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (6:44 PM) : 

My god--I LOVE this. How phenomenal!

 

Anonymous swarovski jewellery said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Great photo.

 

Anonymous marc said ... (7:16 PM) : 

as long as you stay in mitte...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I love Berlin. And this 'grafiti' is realy cool ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

ROXOR!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

This made me smile. The street art inspiration is fabulous, but her outfit is great, as well! Is that weird to say, considering she's graffiti? Probably..

xx

 

Blogger Nicole Then said ... (9:03 PM) : 

oh! hahah this is cute ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

you gotta love urban art

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (3:30 AM) : 

this is art...amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

Berlin does seem to have the best graffiti... saw some in Mitte a few years back that was truly creative & quite beautiful.

 

Blogger Alice said ... (5:17 AM) : 

Cat McNiel from RUSSH hehe

 

Blogger sangita247 said ... (9:40 AM) : 

It is a fantastic piece of street art..although it gives me flashbacks from my days working @ H&M in the Divided dept.!LOL

 

Anonymous Jennifer said ... (10:26 AM) : 

That is so Berlin! I haven't been there in ages but the city has such a unique vibe, it is such an inspiring place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

the artist is xoooox.

at the moment they have an exhibition in Hamburg in the Stilwerk:
http://www.stilwerk.de/stilwerk-news/HH_XOOOX_Street_Art.php

You can find more of their work here:
http://www.xoooox.com/
and here:
http://www.circleculture-gallery.com/artists/xoooox/

 

Anonymous someone said ... (11:45 AM) : 

cool!

 

Blogger Heather Feemster said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Loving these pictures of doors and street art!! Please give us more from around the world.

 

Blogger anthony said ... (2:39 PM) : 

That's really cool.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I wonder who the heck painted that. It's cool (or kewl)! Be interesting to see if and how it turns up in fashion media.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

This is exactly the kind of photo I love to take on my travels. It's like a Banksy for the fashionista. And I know she's only a painting, but I really love that outfit!

Anyone know where exactly this is?

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous angkasuwan said ... (1:20 AM) : 

fits snuggly in the tagging

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 AM) : 

That stencil is made from a shoot by Russh Magazine with Catherine McNeil a few years ago in Australia. I'm pretty sure it was one of her first big editorials.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:38 AM) : 

CHIC.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Line said ... (3:11 PM) : 

I was so surprised when I saw this. I took exactly the same picture last year! Oh how that makes me feel special.

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Have we stepped back in time here? I love this. I am instantly reminded of Mary Quant, Vivian Westwood, Sid and Nancy. This wall art spans over twenty years of fashion. And obviously in this area of Berlin, its still alive and well. I love this. I lived through, an apt way to put it, this period and loved the absolute abandon in manner of dress, makeup, accessories, music, everything! It was a time of pure raw self expression.

 

Anonymous peter schiering said ... (7:11 PM) : 

hey guys, my name is peter.
i made a story on both xoooox, who did the wonderful stencil and the model eva, who is looking exactly like the spraypaint.
you can see it on my site: vorsichtkunst.tv
have fun

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting