This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin

Comments on "On the Street.....Mitte, Berlin"

 

Blogger WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said ... (2:33 AM) : 

Shes o so special!

Such a stark contrast between what you shoot in Paris/New York etc...They have it all and I cant wait to experience it all at the end of April

Yours Truly

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i

 

Blogger Alexia said ... (2:41 AM) : 

i love the contrast

 

Anonymous costume jewellery said ... (2:47 AM) : 

When are we going to see something about London?

 

Blogger ANNA ELIZABETH said ... (2:47 AM) : 

I love looking at different influences in different cities, especially through out Europe. Thank you for brining us these beautiful pictures.

www.fashionrope.com

 

Anonymous Hélène - Odha la mode said ... (2:59 AM) : 

great pic'!

Odha la mode

 

Blogger Tara said ... (3:13 AM) : 

i love Berlin, this is my favourite city, it's an alternative, including fashion there.

 

Anonymous modemustasch.blogg.se said ... (3:20 AM) : 

I like the mystic-style-touch. Really nice coat and sunglasses!

keep it up!

 

Blogger Jason Laucht said ... (3:26 AM) : 

ICH LIEBE ES!! Berlin I'm comin' :)

 

Blogger Patria said ... (3:28 AM) : 

wow! i'm the third comment! love her hair and the lighting/ style of this photo. just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

oooh I love her glasses, great shot.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:36 AM) : 

Something special.

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (3:54 AM) : 

I love the shot.I love her glasses,her coat and her lips.Ich liebe Berlin.Berlin isn't the most beautiful city but...her residents sind so nett,freundlich und hilfsbereich.
"Ich hab noch einen Koffer in Berlin"(song by Marlene Dietrich in the 50's)

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (4:00 AM) : 

Great photo! I'm curious to see what the rest of her outfit looks like??

www.sarabbentley.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous märta said ... (4:10 AM) : 

BEAUTIFUL!

 

Blogger Danila Gangemi said ... (4:25 AM) : 

great pic'!
http://biscottidicioccolato.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Her style has an 80's feel.

I actually just posted something about the 80's...I was rescued.

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-was-rescued.html

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (4:33 AM) : 

that's why berlin is my favourite city. so different to everything else. this is such a vintage looking photo.

http://skiepies.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger mehschmeh said ... (5:07 AM) : 

sigh - i lost a pair of glasses like those some years ago. in new zealand. i've never been to berlin.
i like the way her hair is doing what it wants.

 

Anonymous christina said ... (5:17 AM) : 

great image! it looks a little bit vintage/nostalgic to me!

 

Blogger Give me a Big Closet said ... (5:28 AM) : 

love the simplicity!
beijo from Portugal *

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (5:32 AM) : 

30's style seems...love this

 

Anonymous Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker said ... (6:13 AM) : 

She looks great! I think a haircut like that would look very, very wrong on me but it really works for her.

 

Anonymous Julia said ... (6:17 AM) : 

Were you at the Mauerpark fleemarket on Sunday?!!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (6:17 AM) : 

awesome pic! Congrats!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Yoram from Berlin said ... (6:37 AM) : 

Welcome to Berlin, unfortunately I won't be able to stop by later, but I hope to see more pictures.

 

Blogger  said ... (6:38 AM) : 

Simply lovely haircut

 

Blogger iliketweet said ... (6:38 AM) : 

She's so awesome, I want to be her...

tweet tweet tweet

x

 

Blogger Daisy said ... (7:23 AM) : 

Berlin is the new Paris

 

Anonymous www.styleneglige.blogspot.com said ... (7:30 AM) : 

Love the light and the rough texture of the coat

 

Anonymous Dorien said ... (7:30 AM) : 

Oh I love Berlin!
Am moving there this summer, please come again then, Sart!

Love this look, love everything about the city :) I hope to see more original Berlin style on this blog. It's so inspiring.

 

Blogger Gary said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Oh, how nice that you post a Berlin photo, it's quite a big change from the Paris/NY photos. Very nice portrait. I love her glasses, so different from what we are used to see here in Paris. Beautifull mouth too. And haircut ! I also love the b&w, the blur, the light. In fact, I love everything in this photo. An other lucky one to have her portrait photographed by you Scott.

 

Blogger Farah said ... (8:22 AM) : 

I am really loving the new black and whites.
Her hair is simply lovely!

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (8:34 AM) : 

I love her hair. Reminds me of a cool chick from a British band in the 80's.

 

Anonymous Louisa said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I love Berlin so much, it's a fantastic city and it's easy to feel at home. The photo is almost timeless

 

Anonymous SpeakTrend said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Awesome !!
We really love your blog !

We thought that maybe you will enjoy ours, it's a kind of facebook, only for fashion !

Hope to see you soon !
SpeakTrend

 

Blogger Tania said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Her glasses are my favourite part - beautiful light.

I've never been to Berlin...

http://toruu-tania.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous all-in-the=silhouette said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Beautiful, and so clean and simple. Love the shades.

 

Blogger TheSafe said ... (9:41 AM) : 

The golden age of Hollywood...

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Pretty . . .

 

Anonymous Pia said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Hi,
Any plans in the future to go to Helsinki, Finland? We have fantastic style there. We might be the only punk-influenced city in the world left... not that I really care for punk myself - we have so much more to offer. You should go.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Beautiful portrait. I love the shades, the hair, and the lips! xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Love your blog... but one request please. Do you think you could find some stylish 40-something women to photograph? There are lots of us out here in that age bracket, but most of your subjects are either younger or older. Thanks!

 

Anonymous mabelmabel said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Timeless, a condition to which all great art aspires.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

fresh!

 

Blogger Anne said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I love the Audrey Hepburn shades!

 

Blogger Meg said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I was just paging through an old (ancient now it feels...) 1986 U2 concert program of mine and think this photo could easily have been taken at that same time...or appeared in the program itself...not only the black and white, but the European look overall, that short cut with the glasses is classic art school 80s.

Love! Love!

 

Anonymous Brenda said ... (1:00 PM) : 

She looks like a character from The Breakfast Club and I love it!!! Angsty, dramatic and honest. Perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

She looks very cool rather than chic. I like this. I can't tell what's going on with the clothes, is that a vintage coat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

love it!
http://neneinstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

love it!
http://neneinstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger fig said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Don't know what I would do w/o morning espresso and your stunning photos? Will be in Berlin in May. Thanks, Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 PM) : 

STYLE.


she has it, Bowie in the previous capture, does not

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (1:45 PM) : 

nice glasses

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 PM) : 

i'm not crazy about this, i seem to be the only one. there is something cold about this character, i don't feel a strong essence.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (2:01 PM) : 

I wonder, can I get away with having my hair like that!
I second anonymous - more photos of "mature" women please. You take a lot of pictures of older men; why not women. We need the inspiration.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (2:07 PM) : 

oh, and celebrities don't count.....photos of REAL women on the street "of a certain age" -
please

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Such incandescent beauty in this photograph! Makes me nostalgic for Berlin, especially this time of year.

 

Blogger Kate Rose said ... (2:49 PM) : 

I like the contrast of her young face with a more sophisticated (read: cool old lady) style

 

Blogger Thelma and Louise said ... (2:53 PM) : 

She seems like in a old black and white movie, like a determinated girl, with an important soul. Very beautiful shoot !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

so classic and clever..whodathought someone could so effortlessly blend styles from 30s to 60s to 80s?!

 

Anonymous Princesa said ... (4:29 PM) : 

"Loulou?"
"Oui, c'est moi."

 

Blogger Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said ... (4:57 PM) : 

that was my hair. 22 years ago.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 PM) : 

summer time calls for GREAT SKIN!!

Perricone MD GIVEAWAY @
fickleface.blogspot.com

xo

 

Blogger Tanya said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I love that she's slightly tomboy-ish. The loose coat is definitely menswear inspired. Love the tousled curls & big shades. She reminds me of someone who'd have been seen hanging around the clubs in Berlin around the time my favorite movie, "Wings of Desire," was filmed there.

 

Anonymous Glamour said ... (5:14 PM) : 

What a great look... so different from what we see every day in NY...great to take inspirationfrom!!

Style Council knows whatI'm talking about... glamalert.com/glambassador

xoxo

 

Blogger fig said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Could you tell me why when my comments get posted there is a trash can icon in the left corner? Guess I am a bit trashy, tho, thought I was just ditzy!

 

Anonymous Claire M. said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Great posture and delicate bone-structure are certainly two very great assets! Her hair cut works so well with her fine face, and the addition of the menswear with the cat-eye of the glasses really puts together a great fashion thought...

 

Anonymous MelissaS said ... (10:46 PM) : 

The collar of the coat is really precise and wonderful with the floppy turtleneck. Sunglasses and hair do kind of float well together, the eyebrows, there's lovely, quirky poetry in this photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Such a relief to see non-straightened hair for a change. She looks a little dated, but then that's Berlin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

This has a sad and beautiful quality to it. A few people have mentioned the 1980s an, yes, it reminds me of that too. Cold War chic, or something like.

 

Blogger Mr. Andy said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Edgy!
http://thestyledocument.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (3:38 AM) : 

Pretty.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous leathericon.com said ... (6:37 AM) : 

Wow Its Amazing!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Just when I think this haircut is really gone, gone, back it comes! (Really it's been around since the '20s.) I had this exact version in the '80s; have had versions of it ever since (in between growing my hair long). I am sporting a slightly shorter version of it now and was thinking I needed a change.

So many girls sport those SJP tresses, which I find boring. You occasionally show a great haircut, but great haircuts are rare. Why don't you make a point of shooting some? Those of us who like a good cut, instead if tresses would appreciate the inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

She looks a bit like my friend Cosima back in the early 90s.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (10:01 AM) : 

anonymous - are you kidding - Berlin dated! I think not.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

there is something incredibly Audrey Hepburn-esque about her. the glasses and coat make a beautifully subtle statement. And her hair is playful. Classically stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Ain't she Thora Birch?

 

Blogger Aloys V said ... (5:50 PM) : 

this is one of my favorites (:

 

Blogger mia said ... (6:55 PM) : 

creepy. she's just like my mum when she was twenties. beautiful, both.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Love the '80s vibe, but now I'm going to have Echo & the Bunnymen songs stuck in my head all day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

cute.

 

Anonymous Charles said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Finally some fashion cred for Berlin! I can't wait to see more.

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (2:00 AM) : 

She's divinely Berlin. She reminds me of a very young Shalom Harlow.

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I love her hair cut!! May be for the summer...

 

Blogger Rasmus said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Donna from Twin Peaks on the spot!

 

Blogger życie jest gdzie indziej said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Wow! Thats exactly how I imagine Berlin!

 

Anonymous Leather Skirts said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Great photo! I'm curious to see what the rest of her outfit looks like??

 

Anonymous Leather jackets said ... (8:39 AM) : 

She's very pretty

 

Anonymous Leather Pants said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Looks so nice i like your glasses, very beautiful blog...


thanks to share....

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting