This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Lino of Spring, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, April 12, 2010

On the Street.....Lino of Spring, Milano

I know that I take a lot of photos of Lino, but I find him endlessly inspiring.

I love how he eases into Spring with a soft pastel tie and pale grey DB sportscoat.

Perfection for this time of year.

Comments on "On the Street.....Lino of Spring, Milano"

 

Blogger Ro said ... (7:09 PM) : 

inspiring and endearing,
we love him!

 

Anonymous Bethakabetty said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Love the color palette and accessories ... he's got an eye!

 

Blogger Milt-fresh_best-dressed said ... (7:15 PM) : 

I CAN'T BLAME U FOR POSTING PICZ OF LINO! HE HAZ A PRESENCE THAT COMMANDZ RESPECT. BUT AT THE SAME TIME HE HAZ FUN WITH STYLE. HE DOEZN'T SEEM STUFFY OR UPTIGHT. AND IT MAY BE OPEN FOR A HUGE DEBATE, BUT I FEEL HE'Z A GENT THAT HELPED BRING DOUBLE BREASTED SUITZ BACK TO THE FORFRONT. IN MY OPINION.

 

Blogger Mr. Blank said ... (7:17 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

That tie knot is beyond large!!! Not very inspiring...

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Great colors, but especially love the cat chain!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Man, he has an awesome watch collection. That is the second Patek Philippe Nautilus (reference 5711) I have seen him sporting. The other one was the chronograph (reference 5980).

 

Blogger Celia said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Ooh, that watch chain(?) is a delicious touch.

 

Blogger Patrick Lagreid said ... (9:13 PM) : 

I must say I'm not crazy about the chain -- it doesn't work for me, especially how well dressed he is.

While not a wearer of double-breasted suits myself, it certainly works on him, as do the color choices. But most importantly is his energy that this photo captures -- yes, he's dressed well, but it's clear he lives well.

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (9:20 PM) : 

nice blazer! the cut is outstanding!


fashion atelier.

 

Blogger mariel said ... (9:25 PM) : 

lino is sharp.

 

Blogger bird of light said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Lovely, original colors, and attention to detail.. works with the light of the day - "Lino of Spring" indeed!...I like the silver chain addition. ;)

x

 

Blogger Nedda Ebo said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Love his necktie! ;D
Mustart x

 

Blogger CW said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Great palette, great fit, but I think he would look even better if he tightened the full Windsor knot in his tie a bit.

 

Blogger Maya said ... (11:31 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Lino!


http://plasticflowerpeople.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

Nice Patek Philippe Nautilus, not sure about the wallet chain?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:47 PM) : 

I'd love to see the pants (and I mean that in the most innocent way)...if he could just unbutton his jacket...

 

Blogger Farah said ... (11:58 PM) : 

Usually I'm really against flesh tones, especially salmon
but I don't know why I really love this guy. Everything about him I just wanna go and be his friend! From his chain to his tan, he is so suave.

 

Blogger Gin said ... (12:20 AM) : 

i love seeing Lino as well!!! his taste is just so impeccable. thanks for sharing!!! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 AM) : 

Sorry, but not feeling the tie or the questionable knot and the overall outfit doesn't look right. That said, I do think Lino has displayed a number of good items over his various photos, though not much good looks overall. All my opinion, of course.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

i love his expressions.. hw zealous does he look towards life.... with so much of experience to share...!!!

 

Blogger The Red Umbrella said ... (12:45 AM) : 

It works for me!

 

Anonymous Yali said ... (12:48 AM) : 

So obviously Italian style allows men to retain a sense of masculinity in clothes that would likely come across as effeminate in almost any other context.

Of course Lino is nothing if not Italian, and his look embodies a sense of personal rigor and a breezy authority that does not come across as stuffy or referential. No doubt he knows how to dress.

But that is an unbelievably phallic tie.

 

Blogger James Gerrard said ... (1:12 AM) : 

get rid of the chain and it works

http://boyfromnewy.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Umm, well, doesn't his outfit look New Jersey? And I don't mean that in a good way.

 

Blogger Bianca said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Love this! The colours are genious with the jacket and with the hue of his skin: grey transitions to light blue which plays well with the orange sherbert tie, all complementing is complexion as well as his spring like attitude. the watch is fantatic. and the chain is an interesting detail...i thought at first a pocketwatch but since he has one on his wrist, i'm thinking there's a key ring on the end of the chain.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 AM) : 

GREAT style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

he looks like a PAPPA. that's all.

 

Blogger C. Anne said ... (3:40 AM) : 

The shade of that tie is incredibly lovely and very unconventional on a man! I love how it completely picks up on his warm tan too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

The watch.... Great choice!

 

Blogger Marmelindela said ... (4:41 AM) : 

He looks so classy, the colours go so well together. Indeed very "springy".

I also just wanted to know that I am trying out for an education I really want to do. It's on an artschool and has a lot to do with fashion and styling. I had to do some assignments and I was actually kind of freaking out (it's a very popular course and they only have a few spots to fill). So I went to get some inspiration yesterday and came across your book. I bought it immediately and I'm so happy I did! Thank you so much for making such great pictures of great people! And it was also very interesting to read your comments about them. I have tons of inspiration buzzing trough my head right now, thanks again!

I can't wait to see your pictures from Japan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

Lino, Lino, Lino,

Ti amo Mr.Spring of Milano!

Annabella

 

Blogger Maintaing the Good Life said ... (5:16 AM) : 

Most likely a Patek ref 3700 not 5711, very nice indeed

 

Blogger Flannel said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Lino and Simone,two faces of the same coin. Simone is the tasteful side. Lino is the grand guignol.

Really, what is the chain for? switchbalde? anchoring the family jewels?

as an Italina man, can I comment that there much better specimens?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 AM) : 

true style..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 AM) : 

His tie is ridiculous.

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (6:55 AM) : 

very class

 

Blogger WeShop said ... (7:34 AM) : 

He looks so confident he could carry anything off. Not sure about the cigarette as accessory though!
http://equatorlive.com/weshop/

 

Blogger Carly said ... (7:41 AM) : 

I have to say- that tie is the most perfect shade of salmon i have ever seen! it's even better with the blue and grey. i like this man :)

 

Anonymous Serena said ... (7:52 AM) : 

His style is always perfect but, what about his hair?...

 

Blogger Chenchen ZH said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I got an impression from your blog that all Milano gentlemen are wearing stylish double-breasted jacket lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Lino is the man! He should have a daily post somewhere himself. I wonder what his wardrobe must be like (how extensive, the range of colors). Greaty style!!

 

Blogger Mr. Ciuffo said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Lino is one of the most stylish men I have ever seen. his store is just in front of my house and my father has always bought many things there, when I grew up and I needed my first suit, I knew I wanted to get it here, since then I've bought so many things there because I know i can find something perfect for me, and I'm happy that other people appreciate Lino!
sorry for my english, I know it's not perfect.

 

Anonymous cociolph said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I like the DB and shirt, but the tie looks like it's going to eat him, and the chain is terrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

He should ease into his natural hair color in my humble opinion. There is nothing more unattractive than a man who doesnt deal w/ his age gracefully-while blonde is certainly better than boot brown, its still absurd and as my Father says, 'theres no fool, like an old fool' which hopefully this attractively dressed man is not! :-) Jack

 

Blogger Ariko said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Oh, my.
I usually agree with your taste Scott, but this time I really can't.
The colour palette is cool ok, and also the fabric texture of the jacket.
BUT the over-tanned skin and dyed blond-yellow hair (at that age...), the super big tie knot, the horrible metal chain at the trousers, the bracelet, and the overall Berlusconi-like look just communicate bad taste to me.
Elegance in my opinion should be something much more sleek and refined, never screamed out.

Ariko
www.designcatwalk.com

 

Anonymous annagee said ... (11:03 AM) : 

This guy is fabulous. I especially like the peach tie and the thin chain. An exciting look for sure.

 

Anonymous DanFontanelli said ... (11:14 AM) : 

This men is very elegant... In Milano... All is elegant.

 

Blogger Eric said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I tire of seeing some of the same people on this site; Lino is not one of those people. He got me thinking twice about DB suits and sportscoats.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

finally a man who risks to wear babyblue and soft peach...together with his tan....great

 

Anonymous Chainhater said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Fine & dandy except the chain which should be restricted to 12 yr old skaters.

 

Anonymous SNout said ... (11:50 AM) : 

He's got a nose for beautifully cut jackets.

 

Anonymous SartorialStudent said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Bloke's amazing. His pictures are always a great insight into the style of Italian men.

 

Blogger archivarius2@gmail.com said ... (12:25 PM) : 

It looks like he is wearing three watches (two at wristesand a pocket one).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Has anyone mentioned how the colors in his clothes echo the colors in the building (apartments?) behind him? Hmmm...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

That flesh-colored necktie looks like he's being choked by an arm coming out of his coat.

 

Anonymous HW90 said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Al Bazar needs a blog! I need to see what Lino is wearing everyday. I am going to Milan in one week and Al Bazar is my first stop. I will be buying the money clip chain to spite all the haters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I love the length of his hair and how he dares fashion. I mean, a double breasted sportscoat and then the colours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

He is just wonderful... eveytime I see a picture of him I try to go for his look wihout making a carbon copy of it, he is totally cool, masculine, charming, interesting... This reminds me I do need a nice grey db jacket.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:22 PM) : 

That's a $20,000 watch. What does do for a living?

 

Anonymous Carole said ... (3:34 PM) : 

well he looks very (VERY) Italian to me. so Italian. I know he is, but it's been a long time now since I've been to Italy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

I love the color combination of the blue, salmon, gray and black... not so much the cut of the jacket or the very thick tie... but it's all in the way one carries him/herself that makes a style.
Scott, I would love to know... repeatedly shooting some of the same people, do you ever see them repeating the same piece of clothing? I would love to see what their closets look like. How big are they? Or do they change their entire wardrobes every year?
Tatyana

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Very classy - bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

You cannot post too often about Lino. Even for those of us -- especially for those of us -- who haven't his means or style sense, or whose style isn't Lino's, he remains singular, a treasure. Keep it coming! (P.S. -- I agree w/ a previous poster who remarked on the size of the knot: you could clip it and play World Cup soccer w/ it!).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

I bet Lino was quite the stud muffin in his day. ;) Love the chain and the peach tie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

oh my... I love your blog and didn't want to post anything negative, but it's the first time i really disagree with you: He seems like a fun guy, but it looks like his tie is going to strangle him, the jacket doesn't fit him (too tight), and the chain... yikes!

 

Anonymous Danielle Scalia said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I hope my husband is this ridiculously good looking at this age. I'm in love with this man and his style.

D

 

Blogger Smaug said ... (8:58 AM) : 

I hate pink ties. In Italy are around from 20 years now, normally associated with non style people.

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Lino rocks, he's an inspiration to me. He is sort of "way out there" but with soft strokes instead of in your face like a Jackson Pollack. I love the watch chain peaking out from under his blazer. He is truly suave, and this is a lost art for most people, unless they are a bit older. We should all take a lesson from Lino.

 

Anonymous The Image Expert said ... (2:29 PM) : 

He sure softens the formal double-breasted coat with the light springtime colors.

http://conselleimageconsultant.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Is that a tie or a bib?

 

Anonymous northern t-shirts said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I think we should all try to be a little more Italian!

 

Blogger Northwest Vanguard said ... (11:44 PM) : 

Lino always looks good. I love how he uses understated accessories to personalize his look. His color combinations are unexpected and he always seems to make them work. Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 AM) : 

i really hate the way his ties bulge out from his chest

 

Blogger Ilaria said ... (7:32 AM) : 

He looks so un-Milanese or maybe new-Milanese.

 

Blogger Camacho said ... (7:20 PM) : 

PERFECT... SMOOTHIE AND ELEGANT!! DON´T WORRY ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PICTURES OF LINO. HE INSPIRE THOUSANDS OF GUYS AROUND THE WORLD LIKE ME, WITHOUT MONEY TO DRESS UP LIKE HIM, BUT WHICH A GOOD TASTE AND WORK HARD TO DRESS WELL TOO. LINO FOREVER!!

 

Anonymous HW90 said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I bought that jacket at Al Bazar last week and IT...IS...FREAKIN'...AWESOME!!!

 

Blogger Paola Bueso Vadell said ... (4:49 AM) : 

We need to start a Lino fan club!! hehehe He is too much!! hahah I love him!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting