This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Florence

I love a knit jacket if for no other reason than how slim the sleeves can fit.

A slim cut sleeve drops 10 pounds off any guy in a suit.

Comments on "On the Street.....Knit Jacket, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Very cool. And the sweater as well.

 

Anonymous the concept dresser said ... (2:10 PM) : 

i love that people are so happy to have their photos taken for a blog

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I saw a male stylist in a very similar 'cardigan' @ Paris Fashion Week. It had a matching chunky navy 'snood' which also gave a very slim and luxe look. x

 

Blogger Creative Promotional Ideas said ... (2:24 PM) : 

He looks great. Simply but luxury chic!

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I definitely agree...not to mention the comfort of less bulk.

Great jacket!

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I'm normally not such a big fan of cardies, but this is more like a knitted blazer. Very chic. Love the dark blue, too.

 

Anonymous EmmaLee said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I would be delighted to own a feminine version of this jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

"A slim cut sleeve drops 10 pounds off any guy in a suit."

Ain't that the truth.

Same for a woman btw. (Jil Sander's jackets...perfection)

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Woah, I need his jacket for the hot days!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Love it! I would even wear it. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Kate Rose said ... (2:44 PM) : 

OH! That jacket is so exciting! knit fabric! so unexpected! I'd love to see someone in a head-to-toe knit suit. I've never actually seen knit trousers before, though....

 

Blogger Steven T said ... (2:50 PM) : 

This guy has so much style-so comfortable with it.

 

Blogger Christina Barrera said ... (2:52 PM) : 

I've only been in Florence for six months, but one of the first things I noticed is how much more creative and amazing their knitwear is! I bought way too many sweaters...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

where can i get such a jacket?! lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

i love it !!!
amazing !!!
http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Tiffany Kadani said ... (3:32 PM) : 

This would be perfect for a day of rehearsals in the theater. Warm, comfy, and totally chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Lovely shot. Just for the record, though, the jacket's crocheted, not knitted. It looks as if it IS entirely handmade -- the original work of a doting mother with a mean crochet hook?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

I have a similair one, same colour, love it!! (@Zara I'm a girl)
The best thing about this men are his hands, perfection! Soooo important, says a lot about a person ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Great jacket. I have a similar knitted jacket which is double breasted with gold buttons. I love it!

 

Blogger TUSEN VASER said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Ohhho, when I was young I had one almost the same, didn´t know it was a guy jacket:)
cinna

 

Blogger Mary said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Is this really knit? Looks like crochet from what I can see.

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I think I'd like this better if his shirt was different underneath. It's a bit too casual for me.

 

Blogger MyStyleAdvice.wordpress.com said ... (4:13 PM) : 

what a great point! never noticed that before.

 

Blogger See Your Style said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Beautiful texture!

http://seeyourstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Hundred and one said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I am currently expecting my third child and struggling to look smart as my belly grows. It would be great if you could feature a few expectant mothers so I can get some ideas? Please? :-)

 

Anonymous Larissa said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Great fit and texture.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:32 PM) : 

i know this man ...he is my father's friend ...a very stilish man from Bologna ...

 

Blogger lisa golightly said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Such an ease about him .... Just love it.

 

Blogger Misanthropic Pulp said ... (6:19 PM) : 

True about the 10 pounds.
Love the image, and that guy looks great.

love that scarf thing hanging, out of place, but awesome...

http://misanthropicpulp.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Can anybody recommend where I can buy one of these?

This sweater would look good on me cuz I got big shoulders.

 

Blogger Chateau de Chic said ... (6:32 PM) : 

I think you guys are missing the most interesting thing about this post:

Scott put a caption with the photo!!!

 

Blogger Aske said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Slim sleeves is defiantly an effective diet, exactly the reason why this guys shouldn't be having such slim sleeves, he looks waaay too skinny, other than that though, it is certainly a nice outfit.

 

Anonymous davidsl said ... (7:18 PM) : 

it's a sweater and it looks far too small for him. and slim cuts only make slim people look slim. they make large men look like they're stuffed into a burrito wrapper. don't generalize based on what works on skinny folk.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (7:29 PM) : 

More polished than a pull-over and more relaxed than a wool blazer. So yes, more is more. This man's in great shape. I like.

 

Anonymous pCB said ... (7:36 PM) : 

wow..amazing!

 

Blogger kathrynnova said ... (8:18 PM) : 

i never thought of that. but i only think about girl stuff anyway, that is why i love to look at your photos - i learn something every time.

and it is a fantastic jacket. very unique.

worldrunway.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous enrique said ... (8:38 PM) : 

One can only wish to grow up with such simple elegance, subtlety and class. The check scarf adds a touch of quirk.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 PM) : 

You have to be really thin to pull this off... he looks fantastic and the fit is amazing, I completely agree with the sleeves I recently had all my suits modified for slimmer sleeves once Scott pointed it out "they're made so they fit everybody with fat wrists". This wide cuff thing is going too far. BTW look at the shoulders that jacket is really well made, the shape is a wonder to look at.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (10:37 PM) : 

yes, lovely jacket. i want it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

i wud say a unisexual jacket. another style statement.

 

Blogger Bored_ said ... (3:33 AM) : 

But, what do you do when your elbows make little pockets on your arms that make the sleeves look frumpy?

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Haha, so hilariously cool.


http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Uhhmmm...KNITWEAR. I love it each day more.It's a mix of luxury and simplicity,comfort and -some times- discret elegance.It takes me to the pictures of the times between the two world wars(self-made and poverty but also Chanel and Sciaparelli).It was yesterday - my childhood - when my mother made me so many sweaters.
I agree with Misantropic Pulp opinion's.

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (7:48 AM) : 

love this outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 AM) : 

To quote a former respondent:
Very Mia Farrow.

No, no, no.

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (10:04 AM) : 

double breasted and slimming? never thought I'd agree!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

He looks incredible......so much in fashion is best suited to the very young, but style is timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Gorgeous jacket! I have an old black Ralph Lauren sweater blazer and I wear it constantly. I like everything he is wearing - his jeans, t-shirt, and plaid scarf are all beautiful. It's a fantastic casual but elegant look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

What a fantastic look!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

you know i love stuff like this but never wear it because by the end of the day it's 3 inches longer and the sleeves are stretched out beyond my knuckles


fresh on him though, good look

 

Anonymous Justin said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Great fit. I like anything that shows some shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

The best part is the tartan scarf poking out at the bottom. Almost like an 18th-century army officer's sash.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

I know this guy, he's the owner of a male boutique in Bologna. This jacket though is nothing compared to the one Cipriani proposed in his spring/summer collection this season....

 

Blogger Mr Brown said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Top notch.

The side pockets kicks up the waist nicely too.

Ace

 

Blogger Grace said ... (7:58 PM) : 

I have to concur that this lovely jacket isNOT knitted, it is indeed crochetted. I'm not being picky here... there is a big difference between the two crafts (retailers constantly get it wrong).

 

Anonymous Lucinda said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I totally agree this is a very flattering style. The thin sleeve makes the armhole very high which visually lengthens the waist making the guy look taller and slimmer. This is why the British cut of tailored jacket is so flattering, because the armhole is cut high.

 

Blogger William Turner said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Nice jacket, I like this style. Thanks to share...



Leather Jacket

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting