This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Horatio St., New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On the Street.....Horatio St., New York

Comments on "On the Street.....Horatio St., New York"

 

Blogger Ralph Mendo said ... (11:26 PM) : 

COOL

 

Anonymous bendoro said ... (11:26 PM) : 

oh! hello, there. don't you look nice...

 

Blogger RebeccaH said ... (11:34 PM) : 

love him.. so effortlessly cool.

 

Anonymous Sileo said ... (11:35 PM) : 

Love this. A painter with style. The shoes are great.

 

Anonymous fashionweed said ... (11:35 PM) : 

wow.

 

Anonymous Olivia said ... (11:35 PM) : 

yumm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

everything about him is perfect!

 

Blogger LeslieAnne said ... (11:38 PM) : 

My husband like to wear pants like that... good to know they can come off as "cool".

 

Anonymous G.Payton said ... (11:41 PM) : 

how you doin'?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

simply cool style...

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (1:13 AM) : 

OMG. so hot!
he's the sexy artist of my dreams <3


fashion atelier.

 

Blogger delicate man's itaewon style said ... (1:18 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Scot Meacham Wood said ... (1:35 AM) : 

perfection.

 

Blogger bird of light said ... (1:39 AM) : 

I do like this shot. Rolled up pant here, look good!:)

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (1:40 AM) : 

Cute!

 

Blogger Qaisy Jaslenda said ... (1:42 AM) : 

in my language, we simply call this as "sempoi"

it means 'a little untidy yet effortlessly cool'

and he is definitely sempoi ;)

 

Blogger SaraMartinag said ... (1:45 AM) : 

Very stylish.

I love the trousers!

Love

S

 

Anonymous lorraine said ... (1:53 AM) : 

so hot!

 

Anonymous MY STYLE ADVICE said ... (1:56 AM) : 

its the dirty sexy guy. I know a few of these. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 AM) : 

i love his outfit... he didn't even try and yet such a great look


http://pieinmypants.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Closet full of hopes and dreams said ... (2:25 AM) : 

Wow! This is how I want to look, like my clothes are growing on my body! He look so totally comfortable and cool. Great shot!

 

Blogger Fuglen said ... (2:37 AM) : 

So cute!

 

Blogger Kyle said ... (2:43 AM) : 

that guy cuts hair at FSC. A sweetheart!

 

Anonymous FvaD. said ... (2:46 AM) : 

I really love how the shrunken Shirt fits.. & he got the right corps for it !

I like !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Cool painter style. Too bad he will die young from lung cancer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

quel homme...

 

Anonymous The Iconic Blog.com said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Haha. Artist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

great contrast throughout the photo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:14 AM) : 

What a sexy guy, with a cool cashual style.

And I really like the picture - with the lamp and the stains - it goes so well together...

 

Blogger stylespotterfashionblogger said ... (3:38 AM) : 

mmm mmmmm. Now there is a real man!
http://stylespotterfashionblogger.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Tiffany S. said ... (3:44 AM) : 

love those paint stains on his pants
goes well with the whole look
x
Tiffany
http://tiffany-shark-attack.blogspot.com

 

Blogger kristen said ... (3:48 AM) : 

He can wear boat shoes and still look badass. That's sexy.

 

Blogger katherinemcconnellclothing said ... (3:52 AM) : 

Effortless...Also, I want those pants.

Katherine McConnell Clothing

 

Blogger WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said ... (4:02 AM) : 

I do like his pants! That effect must be achieved by painting your skirting boards and cornisings otherwise it always looks deliberate!

It might be time to get the paint out! Duck egg blue??

Yours Truly

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i

 

Blogger Charlie said ... (4:08 AM) : 

this cooler than anything i've ever worn. damn him

 

Blogger Miss Sitius said ... (4:13 AM) : 

A little bit dirty...but wow!!!
So cool! I love it!

 

Blogger SuzieM said ... (4:14 AM) : 

oh... he's... AWESOME!

 

Blogger Lorenzo Sodi - Andrea Vitali Rosati said ... (4:20 AM) : 

One of the best outfit ever...Great

 

Anonymous Liv said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Am loving the attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

totally agree. effortless win

 

Anonymous MiA said ... (4:50 AM) : 

oh wow!! I love this picture! really like the colors.

miamarionette.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:53 AM) : 

Love this work look! So stylish! Great pic as usual!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger Justin FitzPatrick, The Shoe Snob said ... (4:53 AM) : 

i write a blog on how when the sun comes out so do the boat shoes and then voila', the Sartorialist takes a picture of a guy wearing boat shoes!! This classic look never goes out of style!!

http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

so sexy!

 

Anonymous Luciano said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Fashion painted pants! :)

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (5:30 AM) : 

I love this urban style...amazing pant

 

Anonymous Le style neglige said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Le style neglige

 

Blogger pedro palacios FOTOGRAFíA said ... (5:44 AM) : 

I love his rolled up painted pants with those shoes !!
True style...

 

Anonymous Clem said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Love those shoes on men ! I love his style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Love those shoes on men ! his style is perfect...
Clem

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

I love his rolled up painted pants with those shoes.
True and direct style

 

Blogger pedro palacios FOTOGRAFíA said ... (5:54 AM) : 

I love his rolled up painted pants with those shoes.
True and direct style...

 

Blogger Asha said ... (6:43 AM) : 

I like the paint on the trousers, i like the roll-up look.

The shirt looks good, but only men of a certain age can pull this off.

I like it.

www.ashandkul.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anne said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Love the colours of the wall, the bin and his outfit!
And man this guy is HOT and SEXY!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

Very J crew catalog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Is that sebago? Nice work fella!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 AM) : 

I like his pants!

sugarspiceandstuds.blogspot.com

 

Blogger 82Brute said ... (7:34 AM) : 

My sister used to paint quite a bit and I loved the way she looked in her mucked up clothes. I used to borrow her painty shirts because I loved the look, however I don't like it when you can buy it in a store. It's kinda dumb, actually. I'm thinking this guy is the real deal. Looks like he grabbed for a shirt that wasn't his as he was running out the door after an all night shag. What I love best about this is that it inspires me to construct a narrative and it's a good photo that does that.

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (7:34 AM) : 

He is fine.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Villa Nellcote said ... (7:55 AM) : 

I love this because it hints at the the coming Summer. Michael Ignatieff once wrote a piece in defence of Russian women, based on the idea that a woman revealing herself slowly through all the layers she sheds as she enters a room from the biting Moscow cold, is more alluring & subtle & sexy than a woman tottering down the street in a bikini in L.A. I think there's sexiness in both... but after what seems like a loooong winter, the idea of dawdling on a street corner in a simple shirt & rolled up trousers, seems so free & easy after loading layers on like a pack-horse to protect against the cold. By November I'll long for layers again, but for now this seems like bliss.

 

Anonymous Natasha said ... (8:01 AM) : 

i love the casual turn up of those painter's trousers..hopefully he's a real artist :) the lavender shirt is also really nice and boat shoes are always great

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Very nice: the whole picture (not only the outfit, but the atmosphere too, the pose, the colours) are highly inspiring! It definitely makes me want to leave the dullness that is London!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Guiltyhyena said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Effortless style, and he gives an aura of that moment of being content with what he's wearing.

The GUILTY HYENA †

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 AM) : 

Definate J.Crew moment.

Did I say I love J.Crew?

They get it.........

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (8:34 AM) : 

I love his paint splattered pants. Very... arty :)

www.sarabbentley.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

So cool and beautiful people can dress like this and all the groupies here will just oogle over him. Come on, an ordinary Jack with a not-so-perfect build would get laughed at. Noting the state of materialism on this site I'm beginning to wonder if he bought the pants 'pre-splotched.' Too bad you won't post this........

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Dont think hes a painter, I think their last seasons H&M.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:30 AM) : 

J.Crew's dream come true

 

Anonymous Kathleen at Studio1950 said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Style is effortless and seemingly unintentional. The paint stained pants are wonderful. It reminds me I used to wear t-shirts full of holes and thought I looked so cool.

 

Blogger Odin's Maven said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I think it's interesting that people are saying this guy is gorgeous, hot, to die for etc. because you can't really make out his face. It's all in the nonchalant poise, the tanned skin, the stubble, the wiry forearm, the skimpy, undone shirt...er, where was I? Oh yes, he's hot.

I'm not a fan of boating moccasins but if I was driving down the street and saw him I'd probably crash into that very lamppost.

 

Blogger Yoli said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Ahhh, almost took away the crush I have on Simone.

 

Anonymous Grindian said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Has Noone else noticed that this is a picture of Keifer Sutherland?... None other than Tv's Jack Bauer?!?
only celebrity who is still proud to smoke Marby lights!?

 

Blogger Joanne said ... (10:41 AM) : 

How cool is that! He could have any face, it's in the attitude. My painter isn't like him....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Awesome outfit. Can anyone identify where the green leather boat shoes come from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Boat shoes is making a come back bcoz of him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Really good look on this guy. I always envied the people who can get away with paint stained pants -or that sort of stuff- and look as effortlessly cool as this fellow.
Also, if I might ad, a refreshing return to street fashion on this (great) blog. Cheers.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Another Ralph Lauren employee? ha.

 

Anonymous Kate said ... (11:08 AM) : 

he reminds me of you so much. he really does look like you!

 

Blogger Scintilla said ... (11:20 AM) : 

all i have to say is YESSSSSS PLEASSSSSSSE!

 

Anonymous BULLY BADA$$ said ... (11:24 AM) : 

This is an awesome picture. I dont know if the pose is organic or not but he pulled it off well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

While we're doing "Doesn't he look like...?" can I add mine - Alexander McQueen?
Great subject and shot, once again.
And I will definitely be checking out FSC Barber, that's for sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

boat shoes, always a good choice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

born to be cool!!

 

Blogger NobodyKnowsMarc said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Cool!

www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I like the look *but its becoming a bit trite when J Crew and D&G pre-paint the pants and T's to reflect the casual "look at me i don't care that paint is on my clothes" hipness. I don't know. Did he just go out and buy everything like this ... Urban Outfitters, J Crew etc. ps- I'm bettn the pants were bought like this. Meh....

Bob
LA

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:38 PM) : 

He is hot and sexy in a nonchalant way! x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

he rocks - supersexy.

 

Anonymous OrganicBloom said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose guy won't give up his favorite formed-to-the-foot deck shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

sockless yumi

 

Blogger Gin said ... (1:44 PM) : 

love the way he wears/lives in his clothes!!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Good picture:the street lamp(peelt of),the man(with painture)and the shadow.

 

Blogger BlogCoder said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Love the splattered paint pants and the boat shoes!

www.ashluxe.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous bluefrank said ... (1:59 PM) : 

really great as the most stroger style for men
working /artist class
bravo!!

 

Anonymous lisa haskell said ... (2:07 PM) : 

RebeccaH took the words right out of my mouth!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Why was he photographed? Sorry, but he's not elegant or stylish at all!!

 

Anonymous men's t-shirts said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Great look!

 

Anonymous cociolph said ... (2:21 PM) : 

His clothes say painter, but his body says dancer.

 

Anonymous Doug said ... (2:28 PM) : 

That's my Bestie David!!! I love his style and he's one of the cutest guys I know.........Great shot

 

Anonymous marc said ... (2:43 PM) : 

boat shoes are for boats or walking on the boardwalk just like rainboots are for the countryside

 

Blogger notanotherblog said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Guy know where to button his shirt and not to wear socks. That is just sexy!

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (3:09 PM) : 

i love artists in their forms.. with paint all over etc...

totally falling for him!!

http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger c said ... (3:26 PM) : 

A little too trendy. The rolled up pants and boat shoes are overdone. I also have an issue with wearing boat shoes if you are not on a boat. I'd prefer one trendy item at a time so as not to overdo it.

 

Blogger pete v said ... (3:30 PM) : 

layin' 10:1 those are fake paint stains. "yeah, i'm an artist"

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Really, it's not what you wear, but how you wear it. Great look, and the best part is that probably those paint stains are real, really cool.

Actually I like boat shoes for casual dressing, I mean, we don't all have a yacht...

 

Blogger Rebecca said ... (3:49 PM) : 

He really, really reminds me of Alexander McQueen...

http://itscohen.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Nedda Ebo said ... (4:44 PM) : 

the paint on his pants is a turn on. Hot painter. Oh DAMN.

 

Blogger anthony said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Good gym form and self confidence.

 

Blogger James Taylor said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I like the fitted shirt and loose pants. Let's hope that's real paint splatter and that he didn't just buy them that way from J.Crew. His cool artist-on-a-break vibe is ruined by the fact that he's texting.

 

Blogger The Fantasy Life said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Great trousers and deck shoes are perfect for spring. good cut to the shirt too.
http://mydreamelegantlife.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Interesting outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

The tattoo on his arm is briljant! I love it when men go a little bold like he does. So sexy.

 

Blogger carla said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Thanks! No more flashy handbags!

 

Blogger Jason Aleksander said ... (7:23 PM) : 

This is jus remarkable. Simple. Cool. I just love this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I always see paint splattered pants in stores and wonder, "Who would buy these?" I simply must have a pair now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I would highly doubt you can purchase those pants like that... the shoes too. This guy has a style and he develops it, he doesn't simply buy it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

sigh. all i can see is that his torso is too long for his legs. i've never liked those proportions, so it ruins the whole thing for me. oh, well. i like the wisteria-colored paint on his pants...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

deck shoes still look wrong, they have done for a while now, trousers nah too low, just dont dig it, clean up your act!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 AM) : 

Love the look. My boyfriend convinced me, over time, to ditch my baggy shirts and wear something body-fitting, and I'm glad I did--I feel better. Then I look at this photo and realize exactly why that's a good thing.

 

Blogger Hazel said ... (8:21 AM) : 

This guy looks a little like you, doesn't he?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

very distracting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

the tatoo, the cool painter trouser, the navy shoes, ..... SO COOL

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Composite Art & Design said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I love this painterly splashed Khaki pants! Got a few of them myself self-made :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

The boat shoes are just corny, they don't work. Help me understand this -- the rest of the attire says he doesn't obsess over his attire, but then he dons boat shoes, which serve no purpose other than to convey some conformity. Please, enlighten me on this . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Scott Schuman: Painter Edition.

You guys could be brothers, no?

 

Blogger Sam said ... (2:17 PM) : 

This dude definitely works at FSC Barber. He's cut my hair a few times. Mississippi native. Nice guy. Very good barber. Always looks sharp.

 

Blogger stuff sonia love said ... (2:43 PM) : 

i posted this picture on my blog
paint on clothe is so cool when it is actually for real like this sexy guy in new york city i want to see his art ....right? i liked it so much as living in California you do not see so cool guys ....love his combination of painted pant and boat shoes very hot!
i miss NY when i see this great style. great attitude at a corner somewhere in soho? i don't agree with anybody who don't like this dude style! meaw...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:11 PM) : 

He looks the right kind of dirty - I like him!!

 

Anonymous poison said ... (6:37 PM) : 

guapo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I second the welcome to the return of street fashion shots :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

oh, my goodness. yum.


-sarita

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

What a sexy man!

 

Blogger Alban Giudicelli said ... (8:26 AM) : 

These painted pants remind me McQueen one...
Moreover, he looks like him !

 

Blogger Gee Lutor said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I love this style of a old man

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I like the light on his nose!
Maris

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:54 PM) : 

Great photo, Scott. Love the shirt. Great pants. Great colors. Love the casual aspect. Not a fan of boat shoes, however. This is about as good as they're ever going to look, and his look would be just as cool with a pair of low top converse or even some funky loafers.

 

Blogger Oli said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Mmm, yes please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

I think I saw this guy on the 1 subway a few days ago!! Does anyone know - does he have a lip ring??! I can swear this is him!! I remember thinking - nice style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 AM) : 

great shoes... very nice picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

does anyone know his name?

 

Blogger Sturdy said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Perfect fit, perfect demeanor. Dude's got amazing casual style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Aside from the fact that the guy has an amazing physique, and grace, I don't get the whole getup. He looks like he just got out of bed.

 

Anonymous workingbert said ... (5:13 PM) : 

so mc queen was wright; the artistic is fashionable, a great honour to his spring 2010 collection!
bert

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

I think anything would look great on his hot body!

And I love when a guy's hair and beard is the same length (all buzzed, so to speak)

 

Anonymous charles said ... (1:23 PM) : 

adorable! this guy always has fantastic style.... btw i love my new haircut...

 

Anonymous Christmas gift said ... (2:50 AM) : 

wow all those garments are so amazing and fabulous I don't come to your blog as often as I would like, but whenever I do I see some really amazing things keep up the good work! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

He has that Jason Statham look going on.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting