This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Right Bank, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 12, 2010

On the Street....Right Bank, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Right Bank, Paris"

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Her red cardigan is a great standout piece. Love it. The photograph is beautiful.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

gorgeous pieces. I absolutely love the skirt (could be a dress?). The color is beautiful as well as the material and pattern. The red sweater is lovely too and just the entire outfit. I wish I could dress like her. Great style.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:52 PM) : 

ohhh.so pretty...

 

Blogger Macla said ... (5:55 PM) : 

excellent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

flowing,stylishand sexy (in a wonderfully understated way)

 

Blogger OH HELL CLOTHING said ... (6:12 PM) : 

So beautiful. The orange suits her prefectly and the glasses are such a nice little geeky touch!

http://www.littlerazzi.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lieutenant Glahn said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I'm stunned. I could barely stop staring long enough to post this. Unbelievable beauty and style.

 

Blogger Yve said ... (6:19 PM) : 

I absolutely love her bright orange oversized cardi!!
Amazing pics as always

 

Blogger Gary said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Wow ! This is wonderfull ! I simply love every thing about this photo ! The colors, the fantastic bright light, the composition, the outfit itself, the girl ! She looks pretty cool. This is Paris how I like it : a natural sens of style, pleasure in getting dressed, freshness, refinement, easy elegance... and sun ! Inspiring...

 

Blogger Celine said ... (6:24 PM) : 

I would never have paired peach and red but it looks divine! Just goes to show you should never say never.
www.thewardrobediaries.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

I LOVE HER SWEATER

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

I love the layering -- especially that sweater.
But as much as I normally love glasses -- I find her's distracting.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Adore her outfit, that red and that pink go brilliantly together, who would have thought!×D
great pic

http://misanthropicpulp.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger be.aoi said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Woow..that sweater is beautiful!! love it!

 

Blogger Josephine Cusumano said ... (6:52 PM) : 

in love with this orange sweater.

 

Anonymous ashleigh said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I don't normally like this colour orange on anyone... but somehow the mix between the heavy orange fabric with the light pink dress works. However, I don't like her glasses. When I see glasses this big of late, I have to question whether they are just for show and not actually needed.

 

Blogger Briana Le & Merissa Ren said ... (6:57 PM) : 

ahh the mix of textures is so wonderous. especialy those buttons in the wide cable knit!!!!

http://merbri.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kathy Lu Yan said ... (7:13 PM) : 

I love the feminine color and texture of the skirt. mixed with the texture and waves on the cardigan, very nice movement when she walks I'm sure!

 

Blogger galsandan said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Thank goodness for this. I was getting tired of all the pics of folk in camel coats (and the like)at and around the collections - nice as they are. This is GREAT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Awesome sweater!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Gorgeous colours, textures, layering and earmuffs!

 

Blogger E said ... (7:45 PM) : 

loveee the glasses and sweater

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (7:47 PM) : 

A very nice outfit in a wonderful setting.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Claudia Bustamante said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I don't believe!No comments yet...
I'm waiting for this moment a very
time ago and I would like congratulation you for this "merveilleuses photos",special
The Artist lunch,perfect colors and
details...

 

Blogger jooknun said ... (7:55 PM) : 

really really nice sweater and glasses~ as well as the skirt!
LOVE IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

She's an intellectual, with the big glasses and the old sweater. I wish I had looked like her at that age!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Gorgeous mix of colors in this photo.

 

Blogger Myra said ... (8:12 PM) : 

Amazing chunky cardi! Love the playfulness of the colour and the buttons!

 

Anonymous edinamonsoon said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Love the colors and that's one great cardigan. Love the braiding and buttons. The only thing that puzzles me are the fuzzy earmuffs or fur stole around her neck.

 

Blogger no-more-wire-hangers said ... (8:21 PM) : 

LOVE the knit and button detail on the cardigan. She's quite striking!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

I'm going to knit that sweater...what a beautiful cable!

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (8:28 PM) : 

refreshing - getting sick of heavy winter coats! love the furry headphones.

 

Blogger Jocy said ... (8:32 PM) : 

That sweater, those buttons.

 

Blogger mughound said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Love the look except for the thing that looks like a beard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

wow! the red-orange really pops! and are those ear muffs she's got pulled down around her neck?

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (9:33 PM) : 

great glasses!! and that outfit is just fantastic

 

Anonymous Dina said ... (9:37 PM) : 

great layering! and noticed those cool buttons on her sweater!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

i love it !

 

Anonymous Nancy said ... (10:00 PM) : 

The sweater gives this WOW! Love the color, the braided collar, and what looks like rhinestone buttons. I'd never pull it off a rack and it really works!

 

Blogger KohCo said ... (10:28 PM) : 

The mix of colours in the outfit is just really refreshing and the cardigan just totally makes me want to swoon and die...the unique cable knit and the gloriously shiny buttons!

I also like how she's managed to inject a bit of a boudoir aesthetic into her look.

I've just started to comment on your blog, but I've been a dedicated follower for years and it's amazing how much you've contributed to the world of fashion in the time that you've been doing this :)

 

Blogger kukla said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Love this girl and her look. Easy, breezy, beautiful, stylish girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Totally coo-coo, and fabulous. I love EVERYTHING about her, especially the glasses and the color of the sweater. That's one wild cable!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:56 PM) : 

I like her red cardgan which has pretty buttons~

 

Blogger Rueful Yellow said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I intensely love the thought in color that was put into this outfit.

 

Blogger billie said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I love the sweater and it's little details! Gorgeous.

 

Anonymous an_akin said ... (11:31 PM) : 

i love the orange cardigan and the skirt.

 

Blogger e.and.d. said ... (11:33 PM) : 

this is such a great picture!

http://septpommesvertes.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:49 PM) : 

love the bright pop of colour from her sweater.

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Daryl said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Love the red! And love the glasses too! Made the whole outfit stand out. (:

 

Blogger The Shitty Astrologer said ... (11:59 PM) : 

Not easy to pull off those specs, but she makes it work. Stunning sweater...

 

Anonymous Colleen said ... (12:03 AM) : 

I am loving orange right now. This really hit the spot!

 

Anonymous Dawne said ... (12:03 AM) : 

That's a good sweater. Those are good buttons.

 

Anonymous Nathalie said ... (12:23 AM) : 

orangyyy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 AM) : 

She's so cute! Very parisienne!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:26 AM) : 

Love the colour!

www.wani-djdanger.blogspot.com
www.tableaupanorama.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 AM) : 

The sweater is lovely. And I love her glasses. I love glasses like that. I often wish I could pull them off, but it takes someone who is very confident in their style to avoid looking like some kind of wanna-be.

She has done a splendid job here, since they suit her look so perfectly.

 

Anonymous FvaD. said ... (3:03 AM) : 

just hit my mind as I seen this: Bjork hasn't released anything new in a while !!!

 

Blogger Style Stars said ... (3:33 AM) : 

her orange coat with that pale pink skirt is unexpected but brilliant!

fall in love with a shooting star...
http://youareashootingstar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Diane said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Wow, this is such a great outfit, the combination looks like it was taken from the runway!!! I love it, this girl's got style!!!

kiss

 

Anonymous Ninon said ... (4:19 AM) : 

love this red cardigan! I want it!

 

Anonymous beautiful nothing said ... (4:47 AM) : 

I've been staring and staring at the fasteners on her sweater, and I think they are the kind of large snaps that have little holes around the edges (You can see where they're sewn on, they're silver but the threads make them look like they're patterned).

I'd love to see this cardi closed, just to get the total effect and see how the collar lies; it's one of the most interesting design details on a sweater that I've ever seen. Wish I felt like I was svelte enough to pull off something this bulky. It looks terrific on her, the color and the length are both great.

The peachy skirt/dress over leggings/pants is another cool layering technique I admire, but I don't know that I could pull it off, myself. Food for thought, though....

 

Blogger Odin's Maven said ... (4:47 AM) : 

For once I just don't get it. To me it just looks as she went down my local Age Concern shop (while still in her nightie) and grabbed a handful of stuff. And the position of the earmuffs makes it look as though she has a fake beard from a joke shop! Two things redeem this look - 1) As is the case in 99.9% of Sart's photos, the subject is stunningly beautiful and 2) Because I often dress like a bag lady, it makes me feel better! x

 

Blogger Goodle. said ... (4:55 AM) : 

Geek chic! AHH she looks so cosy, and all of the patterns and pops of colour totally work here!

Goodle x

 

Blogger Lemon for breakfast said ... (4:59 AM) : 

great glasses!

 

Anonymous pipulu said ... (5:47 AM) : 

I should say she looks sexy with the outfit.

 

Blogger theanchor.tk said ... (6:16 AM) : 

a very beautiful combination

 

Anonymous gih said ... (6:23 AM) : 

Hmmm, seems that she's conservative. Well maybe it depends on the weather. But in fairness she looks pretty with her outfit.

 

Blogger Beth said ... (6:30 AM) : 

I love that red cardigan and the skirt is very cute too!

 

Blogger The Comet said ... (7:19 AM) : 

delicate semi-sheer peach + chunky red ski sweater + canvas tote bag for books = so youth right now



xxxo H

 

Blogger Caddy said ... (8:11 AM) : 

I love the pale salmon slip she's wearing and she pulls off those specs!

 

Anonymous stijn van den bulck said ... (10:04 AM) : 

love how her eyebrows seem to be attached to her glasses, the lines are so perfectly flowing together :) <3 j'adore!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:50 PM) : 

peach and red! never thought about it... it looks new and original.
Love the hair cut and the thin black frame of the glasses, just cool and elegant enough to stand out
amazing!

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (1:07 PM) : 

nice picture....ok look
http://www.donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ricardoenfoco said ... (1:45 PM) : 

lindos colores..

 

Blogger anna kim said ... (2:00 PM) : 

always love a pop of color

 

Anonymous Patty said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Great shot, I like how her head is set in her scarves like a nest, and the red, of course, just makes everything pop.

 

Blogger tm said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Great great great! Love the sweater, love the dress, love the black!!

 

Anonymous PYT IN PTY said ... (2:18 PM) : 

That cardigan is from H&M, I thought about getting it for so long! I tried it on everytime I walked by an H&M in NY last year... It's such a beautiful color <3 Great post!

 

Blogger starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said ... (2:51 PM) : 

this look is amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

The sweater closes with snaps, not buttons!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

I love this. She looks so comfortable and stylish. Who said being stylish required sacrificing comfort?

 

Blogger Anna said ... (4:02 PM) : 

the red sweater and the black-rim glasses...perfect contrast

http://www.stylaholic.com/Stylaholic/Blog/Blog.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

It's bohemiam! I like this!!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

The comments on this photo bring up a question about how the colors in the pictures come across on different computers. I see a pretty much true red in the sweater and beige in the skirt, but others see orange and peach. It really affects how I react. I would find orange and peach interesting, red and beige not so much.
Now about the outfit - my first reaction was a "confused jumble" and still don't see much redeeming about it.

 

Blogger I V E S T I T I ! said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Delicate and chunky suit each other well...

www.ivestiti.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (8:01 PM) : 

A little messy and she reminds me of Groucho Marx.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

love her. from top to toe )

 

Anonymous zuccitto said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Nice colors.

I hope she gets some food soon.

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (12:11 AM) : 

This is one of my favourite looks out of anything I've seen. Amazing contrast.

 

Blogger Sweet Magnolia said ... (5:16 AM) : 

Love the coat over coat look! And also the skirt!

 

Blogger Snackapeek. said ... (6:14 AM) : 

Amazing look. Great cardigan color in those wintery days..

 

Blogger Rock'n Roll Ballerina said ... (6:22 AM) : 

This photo makes me happy because of the bold orange color to this cardigan. I think of sunshine and spring and love people who dares to use colors;) Have a great sunday!

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Love the colour of that cardigan.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger shehnaz jacob said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Love the red on her and her glasses,she has the whole Nina Mouskari look .great picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

these specs are ridiculously wonderful. i normally care whether they are 'real' (needed) or not. but who cares when they look this good! really fabulous

 

Blogger iida said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I adore the skirt and cardigan and scarf. And especially the earmuffs! And the canvas bag. Oh feck it, I love it all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Love the colors.

 

Blogger Holly said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Great way to stay warm and still get away from all the winter heaviness!!! I know I'M tired of bundling up!

 

Blogger Masha said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I like the buttons detail!

http://leblogdemasha.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger alice said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I know that skirt is H&M, but wheeerreee oh WHERE is that amazing cardigan from? I adore the red/orange shade and braided detail. Great mix of colors and textures, using black as the base.
-Alice

http://www.thestyleness.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

very pretty outfit and colors, but also very unfortunate placement of earmuffs, make her look like she has a huge beard on this photo.

 

Blogger Wulandari said ... (11:47 PM) : 

amazing picture :) Love everything in this photo,especially her orange cardigan,wonderful!

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (2:26 AM) : 

What a cute cardigan!

 

Anonymous Short Stories for the Single Girl said ... (3:07 AM) : 

I love the contrasts of color.

 

Blogger Linda Lu said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I love the colors she incorporated into her outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

The lovely cardigan is from H&M from a couple of years ago. I have it in grey and love it. I removed the buttons though, since it looks much better open than closed. The way the sun hits the buttons make them look better than they really are. Cheapy, metal snap buttons. Beautiful girl and outfit!

 

Blogger TeenageMuse said ... (10:22 PM) : 

I am not a fan of this outfit whatsoever. This put together in a moment look is not appealing to me at all.

 

Blogger gingerying said ... (1:19 AM) : 

i think they had that cardigan at forever 21

 

Blogger del Carmen said ... (3:08 AM) : 

reminds my of me, but so much better. adorable and beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 AM) : 

Help !! I hate this 80's style ! awfull colors, awfull glasses ! beuuuurk !

 

Blogger maryp said ... (8:18 AM) : 

oh my gosh... that cardigan is beautiful. if only I could find one like it.

 

Blogger Ellen said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I have this cardigan, and it looks great the way this girl is wearing it. When you button it, though, it just looks weird. The problem is, it closes with snaps that are sewn on to the chunkiest part of the collar. This makes the whole front of the cardi really ...ahem...stand out when it's closed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Like the look, hate the over used silly glasses. Hate them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

I wonder hers shoes.

 

Blogger The Fashion Gatherer said ... (7:09 AM) : 

All of these sweeping, moving layers and textures! She could stand still and look like she was moving!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I don`t like this mix...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

nice glasses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Absolutely love the orange sweater!

 

Blogger Liliana P. said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Just one word: wow!!
That cardigan is super cool!
It's a fashion statement in itself.

www.sweetandtenderfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Cindy said ... (9:32 AM) : 

The sweater really makes a bold, sweet statement.

 

Anonymous Susan said ... (4:01 PM) : 

I think the scarf makes the whole outfit stand out. I love it! Scarfs are totally in!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting