This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Greenwich St., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 01, 2010

On the Street.....Greenwich St., NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....Greenwich St., NYC"

 

Blogger moira said ... (9:15 PM) : 

the fur on her head + her hair! Fantastic combo!

 

Blogger I V E S T I T I ! said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Adore trousers + boots.


I VESTITI!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Great shot but don't like the hat

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (9:34 PM) : 

great shot, love her outfit!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Effortless! I like!

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (10:12 PM) : 

yes to neutrals and classics. she really is a woman with style, elegance, and attitude. thanks for sharing!!


fashion atelier.
vindavindasonata.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

beautiful. the sweater is glorious and the pants. the black tuxedo stripe on the pants leading down to those shoes! and that gold zipper on the shoes! all in the details. wish all that snow would melt though!

 

Anonymous Em said ... (10:32 PM) : 

love her coat - chunky without bulk

 

Blogger Paula Grace Designs said ... (10:33 PM) : 

I like this look.
Paula Grace ~

 

Blogger Rock Couture said ... (10:33 PM) : 

I love this shot!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Fantastic shoes.

 

Blogger Jennie said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Those are the tuxedo scout chinos from J.Crew! Maybe I should have bought them when I was in the store last (on sale for $30!)

 

Blogger Brenda said ... (10:53 PM) : 

i love the tiny detail on the fur hat and the textures in the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Boots, boots, boots! Who are they by?

 

Blogger Tiffany Kadani said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Great shot. I love how unaware she is. Just makes her all the more glamorous.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (11:27 PM) : 

hmmmmm...not sure how I feel about this look. Being from Russia, I've had enough of the mink hats!
But I like her shoes!

http://www.stylaholic.com/Stylaholic/Blog/Blog.html

 

Blogger Whimsy said ... (11:27 PM) : 

so unbelievably chic. I love that color palette. awesome shot my friend. :)


whimsy
www.littlemisswhimsy.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

OMG I LOVE THAT HAT!

 

Blogger Copious Couture said ... (11:41 PM) : 

OMG Love that hat!!!! so gorgeous!!!!

http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Joseph Cloher said ... (11:42 PM) : 

I like the uniform pants styled with the large knit, and a Russian inspired hat. It works

 

Anonymous Vaia said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Where did she go?
Love her style though!
xoxo
Vaia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 PM) : 

I love how she put together her J Crew tuxedo pants with everything else. And those shoes are amazin

 

Anonymous cecylia said ... (12:04 AM) : 

I adore the coat and her shoes!

 

Blogger Karena said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Fabulous!! Love the sweater, in fact I saw one so similar recently, now I am thinking I am going to have it!
Boots to die for!

Karena
Art by Karena

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

chunky knits - love!

 

Blogger MAC said ... (12:19 AM) : 

i love her fur hat and the gorgeous gorgeous boots!! i want one, which designer is!?

 

Anonymous shock of life said ... (12:33 AM) : 

hmmm...she didn't pull this together for me......the hat is all i can get excited about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Very Russian gangster's girlfriend on a vodka run look.

 

Blogger thefabllama said ... (12:43 AM) : 

FINALLY, i've been waiting to see how someone would wear these pants. They are J. Crew fall 2009 collection I believe. I would see them in the store and wonder how someone would rock these because I was a little skeptical of the the wide black lining on both sides, but it looks GREAT. I love her outfit.

thefabllama.blogspot.com

 

Blogger stephanie_press said ... (12:50 AM) : 

Sorry, but there is just something so uptight about it.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Love the hat and the rolled up pants with the heels. Great photo in motion! xo

Gucci Thigh High Boots at www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Overdressed said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Love the angle this shot is taken from, the afternoon sun casts a fantastic shadow. The outfit with the snow in the background gives me chills. Great photo!

 

Anonymous Yasamin said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Love the texture & easiness of this outfit. I believe those are the j.crew pants I kept wanting but never ordered. One of those catalogue gems.

 

Blogger Klever Girl said ... (1:13 AM) : 

This outfit manages to look warm-yet-chic. Tres bien!

 

Blogger my healthy twist said ... (1:21 AM) : 

I love this! From head to toe it's fabulous! XOXO

 

Anonymous Isabella aka Ampoule said ... (1:22 AM) : 

Fantastic, how do you always find these kind of people - having thought of every little detail?

 

Blogger Christina Song said ... (2:15 AM) : 

lovely textures throughout the whole outfit <3

 

Anonymous Marquis de Lannes said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Confortable y caluroso!

 

Anonymous lucia said ... (2:56 AM) : 

I like this one! Everything about it, the hat, the trousers that shows the boots ( I got a pair in that style btw ) the knitted coat is just wonderful, the bag, everything is great, the colors, the style. This is what I call perfect!
Thanks!

 

Blogger JaNielle Studer said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Love the fur hat, I got one just like it in Iceland. A brand called Farmers Market makes the best!

http://www.thestyleswatch.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 AM) : 

looks like SJP?

 

Blogger Tiffany S. said ... (3:12 AM) : 

I have respect for all women who dare wearing high heels when it has been snowing like that!
:)
x
Tiffany
http://tiffany-shark-attack.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Are those boots with open toes? In the snow? I can't reconcile myself to any kind of naked feet or legs in winter.

 

Anonymous Catherine said ... (4:00 AM) : 

Good photo (i don't want to say as usual, but i can say it now!) Powerful tricot, love the beige/black trouser but especially the brown/cream palette!
But the shoes are not great for the end of winter!

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (4:50 AM) : 

Beautifully styled, especially the military trousers.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (4:57 AM) : 

Lovely colour scheme, but oh! when will this snow leave us!?! (Also, how does she manages to keep her feet dry with open-toed shoes?)

 

Blogger Márcia Shintate said ... (8:06 AM) : 

She is late for an important date, no time to check the weather at all, but she is fashionable, good taste. And I love your blog and pics! Huge fan!

 

Blogger l´habitué said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Love the whole look! My kind of colors!


http://lhabitue.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Winter be damned! I see little sprouts of spring in most everyone's outfit in the past few weeks. I love this woman's personal style. The fur hat, the fantastic booties and gloves. What a bag, and then..... We have a touch of spring again with her pants. She's wearing my favorite colors. Creams, black, browns. Are these really colors? I believe they are referred to as accent colors, but to me they are wardrobe mainstays. Nice way to start the morning Scott. Great shot!

 

Blogger Lululike said ... (8:21 AM) : 

Lovely, effortless but so chick !

And all that snow....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:51 AM) : 

perfect woman!

http://factorystyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I love the colour mix here. So subtle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Nice effort but it doesn´t work for me

 

Blogger miss twinkletoes said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I love the texture combos here. The fur and the tweed. Not overdone. Very wearable.

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Alisa said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Love the knit! Perfect without the fur!

 

Anonymous gaby said ... (10:49 AM) : 

very chic!

 

Blogger Marie, Chérie said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Cute ankle boots!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Individual, understated and chic. Well done.

 

Blogger deborah said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I love how your blog is a constant brain exercise to remain open to beauty in unexpected forms, but also to be actively open in trying new things. I must say the shot is excellent. But what is it? The pants horrible the boots not convince me, though the line of the heel is beautiful. Yet there is something deeply stylish about it all that does it.
A dilemma though is the fur. Is gorgeous and she wears it to the best, but ethically... a conundrum between 'I want' and 'It does not belong to me' (i mean the dead animal on her head)... I hope we dare to think different in many other areas of human life that cause so much uglyness. Thank you for your dosis of revolution! Big fan.

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (11:43 AM) : 

This silhouette oddly reminds me of the early 20th century women - large hat and the rest narrowed down to the feet with high heels.
Very nice photo with the colors against the snow and brick background.

 

Blogger SaraKateSwan said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Absolute perfection. I love this!! Where is the bag from? I love the simplicity of it.

http://beautifulstreets.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Miss Cross said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I absolutely love the fur in her head. Want one!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

black striping on pants & on boots

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (1:41 PM) : 

If I'm in the snow it's because I'm skiing, sleding or ice skating. If my feet get wet it literally puts a damper on the rest of the day. Does it bother her when/if her feet/tights get wet?

 

Blogger lorax said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She belongs in Europe for sure.

http://lesadventuresdulorax.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

High heels look so stupid in the snow. Sorry, but it's true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

YESSSS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

The texture of the sweater is great.

 

Blogger lauren said ... (4:48 PM) : 

i don't do fur, but this outfit is just fabulous! i looove the pants and the shoes. plus, that sweater is ah-mazing. i want it.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
be a follower, not a hater

 

Anonymous ROXY MARJ said ... (6:11 PM) : 

This rarely happens, but I have almost this exact look! Perhaps I will post it on my blog? :[) Saw your book for the first time yesterday [in person] such eye candy! I hope someday to have a book to... :)

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Perfect snow day outfit! I love it! From the fur hat to the stripe on the side of her pant, to the open toe shoe with matching black socks, I love this outfit! Perfect way to adapt pieces you love to suit the weather! Eve non the coldest of days!

http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Amir Omar said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Those shoes are like.....DAMN!!!!
its killing me. Its so fabulous!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:43 PM) : 

sure it works

 

Blogger Nishita said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Love the ankle boots!

 

Blogger kc said ... (6:03 AM) : 

i don't what about this look i love. maybe cause it looks so cosy, comfortable and at the same time stylish

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

she inspired me to pull out my jcrew pants (from my spring drawer)! love the shoes!!!

 

Blogger AdmiraL said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love the details in this outfit! Everything from the black stripe on the side of her pants with the rolled cuff to the studs and gold zipper on her shoes. The colours and textures blend well to create such a magnificent look!

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Gob Bless us New Yorkers.
we're the only fashion obsessed people who would wear a pair of gorgeous shoes into snow, roack salt & slush.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Only the shoes is worth looking. I have seen that style many times. Nothing new

 

Blogger Kathleen Dames said ... (11:51 AM) : 

As a knitter, I'm thrilled to see this garter-stitch sweater coat - sharp neutral look.

 

Anonymous Miss B said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Embarassingly, this woman makes me realise how much of a black coat rut I get into in winter! I love her clever warm, yet bright layering. In fact, I'll think of her when I pick my outfit tomorrow!

Miss B xx

http://agirlastyle.wordpress.com/

 

Anonymous Melissa said ... (10:10 PM) : 

weird, I wasn't the only who thought she looked like SJP...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

The pants are J.Crew I believe...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting