This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Bowie-ish, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

On the Street.....Bowie-ish, Milano

Comments on "On the Street.....Bowie-ish, Milano"

 

Anonymous jeno said ... (3:30 PM) : 

very well thought about combinations, even the way the coat's sleeve was folded was analysed. The boots are fabulous, very androgynous as well as the bag. The sqaure jaw is stunning. All in all, he must be a stylist for all we know. :)

 

Blogger WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Erm...Yikes!!! The jacket is a winner! However, everything else is too feminine for my liking! I do however, applaud the gentleman for his own unique style.

Yours Truly

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 PM) : 

super ricercato!!!


http://louis-myfashionshow.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (3:36 PM) : 

love the contrast of his very skinny jeans and boxy coat. seems like it shouldn't work but it does..

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I love everything! Wow.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Like the big fluffy coat. Wonder how anyone can have such skinny legs.

Platforms are a nonstarter for me. As is the current fashion for big, really ugly bags.

 

Blogger MD said ... (3:38 PM) : 

With that face, he can wear anything and make it look smooth and sophisticated.

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (3:41 PM) : 

I love this look from the waist up, even the way he styled his hair is great. I'm not sure about the bag and the pants but the boots are awesome, I really like the squared off toe. Overall good style.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3:43 PM) : 

That coat is amazing! Not sure about the pants, they're a bit feminine. The overall look is great though xx

 

Blogger Nedda Ebo said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I admire this for being bold, I like the coat and the bag, his legs are awfully skinny looking though lol! this is a great shot though. x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

wow. such a refreshing combination. He really pulls it off. Love the bracelets. One of my favorite posts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

The Man Who Fell to Earth--that was a genius film. Someone should make an updated version with foreign actors/setting and a more dramatic/active plot (Tokyo, 2010). This guy (is he Japanese?)has the looks to be the lead.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Dude (dudette) is sharper than a Gilette razor.

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (3:52 PM) : 

lovely coat

http://lavie-amaonavis.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MyStyleAdvice.wordpress.com said ... (3:58 PM) : 

great coat!

 

Blogger Hunters and Gatherers said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Gosh, we hate to go against the grain here, but the coat seems ill-fitting and the accessories seem too feminine.

We agree with We Spy though, and applaud his sense of personal style. Plus, it really only matters if he likes it.

 

Anonymous iida said ... (4:04 PM) : 

amazing. especially love the coat with the jeans: genious.

 

Blogger Jonathan Burton said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Super sharp. Jacket looks a bit too big, perhaps a well fitting mac to compliment those razor sharp cheek bones!

 

Blogger Ash said ... (4:09 PM) : 

doesn't matter if its too feminine or not...it's great style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

bowie...christianne h? bowie in berlin station to station low are pretty groovy fashion ancestors

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Clean cut AND edgy - very nice!!

 

Blogger Briana Le & Merissa Ren said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Androgyny.
loves it.

http://merbri.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger TussahSilk said ... (4:24 PM) : 

I'm kinda with princess glee. This look is so androgynous that I'm not sure what I'm looking at: a beautiful man or a handsome woman. Either way that is some sharp styling.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

the jacket is my favorite piece from his outfit! i also don't really think it's too big for him, it only seems that way in contrast to the super tight jeans that make his legs seem incredibly skinny!

a great deail is how he pushed up both sleeves to show his bracelets on one side and the sleeve of his white shirt on the other.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Too feminine? Too skinny? Ha, none of you know style or gays.

This boy is on point, and most guys I know are at least as skinny.

Outfit works 100%, although I'd personally have to cover the other wrist too; the cuff looks out of place without bracelets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I ABSOLUETLY ADORE HIM !!!!

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger istanbul fashion addict said ... (4:38 PM) : 

When you cut the picture into 2 halfs up and down:down picture will let you think its a part of a woman going shopping with high heels and cool bracelets and a huge handbag,top picture will let you think its a picture of a businessman with serious white shirt and tie.This makes you 2 different perspectives.

istanbul fashion addict blog

http://istanbulfashionaddict.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger lorelei said ... (4:42 PM) : 

OH my goodness. I don't feel like this is as androgynous as Bowie. I like the feminine accessories and I feel like the look maintains it's masculinity in spite of them or because of him.

It's daring and edgy and pulled off without being kitschy. I love it.

 

Anonymous Designer t-shirts said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Great outfit!

 

Blogger Ian said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Love the androgyny...very unique, very confident, very him. He pulls it off well. I would love to see what's under the jacket. It seems to be very interesting.

The boots...I doubt I would wear them, but if I decided to, I wonder if I would be able to pull them off.

 

Blogger Ginta said ... (5:09 PM) : 

love the coat-jeans combination. the coat by itself is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

FABULOUS!
beyond.

 

Blogger Cara said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Wonderful photo - I love the way his boxy frame, striking jaw, and squared-off shoes are mirrored in the stark, square stone tiles on the wall and ground. I'm also curious as to what's going on with his shirt!

 

Blogger San said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Whoa what a face. Swoon.
I have currently a crush on everything korean and he is .... sighh.

I don't like the shoes and the bag, but still whoa whatta man!

 

Blogger doingtheunstuck said ... (5:34 PM) : 

wow.i want to see what's under that coat! ...Looks like someone else's left arm—the asymmetry is weirding me out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Hello? Perhaps no one here reads any other street style blogs, but I have seen this person in this exact outfit here:
http://alltheprettybirds.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-01-27T23%3A14%3A00%2B01%3A00&max-results=7

waaay back in January!

wut the deal

 

Anonymous laura said ... (6:02 PM) : 

wow!! ojala las personas aqui en Argentina tuvieran ese gran sentido de la estetica y la moda!!
amo este blog...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

How sad.

 

Blogger vejrubia said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I'm a big fan of the androgynous looks - runway or sidewalk - and his style is impeccable, but I must mention that he is awfully thin. I know that this photo is about the clothes and the styling, but personal style can still be impeccable allthewhile weighing over 105 lbs.

Great find, I must say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 PM) : 

quite a sophisticated look for a man with subtle feminine elements

 

Blogger donutcake said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Is he working some bondage under that unsuspecting coat? Subversive!

 

Blogger Daphne said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Where do you FIND these people?! AMAZING

 

Blogger James Gerrard said ... (11:14 PM) : 

I have a dilemma... :( I want this coat but i want two others hahahha

http://boyfromnewy.blogspot.com/2010/04/coat-dilemma.html

 

Blogger Navneet Gill said ... (11:27 PM) : 

wow, love the texture of this coat!

 

Blogger eesa said ... (11:56 PM) : 

that coat is marvelous

 

Blogger rainbowtexture said ... (11:57 PM) : 

I want his legs! how fantastic

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 AM) : 

that coat is amazing

 

Blogger KohCo said ... (1:41 AM) : 

LOVE everything about this picture.
The coat...and the androgynous quality of the awesome boots and the jeans. The fringed duffle is an amazing touch...

http://kohandco.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

the contrast is so blatant, maybe obvious. sartorial.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

Coat is beautiful, but men must stay men and women women!

Honestly, I don't like his style!

 

Blogger Alexia said ... (2:39 AM) : 

that's strange but the whole picture is amazing!

 

Blogger services said ... (2:49 AM) : 

what a perfect combination..
specially the bracelet ...
a concept sketch from some brilliant designer. i love this....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 AM) : 

who is he? a man or women,it's to ambigous!

 

Blogger Vivre² said ... (4:05 AM) : 

Wow, stunning! The picture attracts me in some kind of way, i keep looking at it.

xoxo
http://vivre2.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (4:16 AM) : 

this is amazing!! so original, you don't see that that often. one of my favourite shots. <3

http://skiepies.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MyWardrobe said ... (4:25 AM) : 

Nice but too rigid.I prefer casual and easy look...like Little Ms.Adorable...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Was this guy on 21 Jump St with Johnny Depp?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 AM) : 

Here's the test:

A man of great style, uniqueness, with finesse and charm while still dressing like a MAN.
This guy is completely STYLED as a woman.
You can be a well dressed man while still letting your manhood breathe in pants made for men's parts.

 

Blogger anthony said ... (8:40 AM) : 

I really like the way he's put it all together. Lot's of cutlery on his arm..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Skinny, acid-washed jeans? no.

It looks a little overly calculated to me.

 

Anonymous gih said ... (10:21 AM) : 

He has a good looking face. This Asian is cool when wearing outfit like this.

 

Blogger Johan Ismail said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Wayyyy too feminine. You can be stylish but still you have retain a bit of masculinity...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Men can wear skirts as long as they look masculine but this guy looks like a girl. I am sorry but being a man is all about looking masculine, isn't it? I really dislike it...

 

Blogger Puruda Amit Kothari said ... (1:04 PM) : 

is it some kinda vest he is wearing under that jacket?

 

Blogger EDF said ... (1:13 PM) : 

His face is beautiful.

I'm not a fan of the coat - it looks insanely oversized on him, as does the bag - and I dislike what he's wearing underneath it. I do however admire the square-toed boots

 

Blogger Cris R. said ... (2:01 PM) : 

i just can say "wow"

 

Blogger Kate Rose said ... (2:53 PM) : 

ehh, I'm not digging how one side is loaded with jewelry and the other side is completely plain-if he was going for an asymmetrical look, I would've liked to see something more pronounced.

 

Blogger See Your Style said ... (4:12 PM) : 

This is one of the sharpest men I've seen in a long time. Look at that texture! Bravo!

http://seeyourstyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Marie said ... (4:25 PM) : 

I thougt the title over said dove-ish, and suddenly he reminded me of a dove.. He still does. Look at his face!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Great androgynous style!

If he wore other shoes I think it would look much less feminine, but I think it's great - and after I heard what Scott had to say about good and bad shoes tonight, I see why this picture didn't get copped ;-)

 

Anonymous Claire M. said ... (10:18 PM) : 

He is a very beautiful person....Wow!
And his sense of style and proportion is superb!
(those folded skinny jeans look tres chic!)

 

Blogger Couture Coco said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Everything looks so good....until the boots which are too big and heavy and spoil it for me.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (12:56 AM) : 

LOVELY...! I really adore the little details... especially the bangles/bracelets on his right hand... they're exactly the kind of details that most guys are afraid of... and i agree with most, regardless of the look being feminine or not, I LOVE IT!!! ;)

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Jeans and boots are AMAZING.

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger through the lens. said ... (10:02 AM) : 

oh how i adore him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

It's about damn time men got to wear a bit of platform and heel. Amazing compilation of amazing peices.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:43 PM) : 

This is style -at it most confident


What is too feminine or not masculine ???...Please

Clothes are just wonderful layers that enhance who we are . Its all a costume. Be it casual, elegant,avant garde, conservative, or androgynous

If your comfortable in ....WEAR IT..

The boots are it!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

LOVE the coat! WOW! This is so great!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Blogger À LA MODEST said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Those accessories are killer. I do not find a lot of men wearing bangles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 AM) : 

Oh my my. He's lovely. And I want to wrap up in his coat & drift off to sleep, purring like a kitten on a blanket...

 

Blogger Nastino said ... (10:21 AM) : 

As I see he is on the heels?!)For man it's really courageous!!!!And skinny legs...mmmm,I am really envy))

 

Blogger I V E S T I T I ! said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Androgynous love

I V E S T I T I !

 

Anonymous Victor said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Interesting to be seen. Never to be worn. Well, might be in the ambiguous '80 or in the glam era.

I think a man has to look as a man. Mybe I'm becoming too old...

And Bowie was one of his kind. Refuse imitations!

 

Anonymous zuccotto said ... (11:52 PM) : 

So now we have a guy toeing in. Is this the first one?

 

Anonymous sorany said ... (1:08 AM) : 

wow hes hot!

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I love the way he has incorporated so many feminine elements - the heeled boots, the over-sized friney bag, the bangles on his wrist - and yet comes out looking completely masculine and bad-ass.

 

Blogger mimi sioux said ... (8:29 AM) : 

WOW!!
Best looking dude I've seen in a long time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

WOAW !!!

MR. BUTTERFLY!!!

Killer Look!!!

 

Blogger Style Stars said ... (8:13 PM) : 

SO AMAZING!

youareashootingstar.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (1:37 AM) : 

Amazing. That face can make ANYTHING look fierce.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 AM) : 

Trade the acid wash jeans for black leather and we're in business.

 

Blogger leatherpress said ... (9:11 PM) : 

the man tote has got go....coat is great, but the bag? why is it there? everything he's wearing is in relation to everything else, but the bag is superfluous..

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting