This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... How to Wear A Cape p.1, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 04, 2010

On the Street.... How to Wear A Cape p.1, New York

Comments on "On the Street.... How to Wear A Cape p.1, New York"

 

Blogger Jeanne Henriques said ... (1:54 PM) : 

I know this cape, I love this cape...she looks fantastic in it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Love the studs on the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

She's gorgeous - just an electric smile...can't really focus on anthing but her smile...

 

Anonymous TracyAnn said ... (1:56 PM) : 

gorgeous cape! I want one!

 

Blogger Mamie Canem said ... (1:56 PM) : 

This is so difficult to find a cape these days... I've been looking for one all winter long!

 

Blogger Victor said ... (1:58 PM) : 

I love how it's a simple look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Very chic, love the bag, the layering on the sleeves and her general happy demeanour

 

Blogger jenn said ... (2:00 PM) : 

indeed it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

The title should be: 'How to be beautiful because then you can wear anything'.

 

Blogger Beth Lee said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Linda, elegante, feliz da vida!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Perfect with the smile, skinny jeans and the studding on the bag.

 

Blogger :} said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Classic! beautiful smile. fantastic bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Is it me or does her Alexander Wang bag look huge?!

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Such a sunny, bright photo!
Love the outfit!
Let's grow up later

 

Blogger Evan said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Amazing....Classic..

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Anyone know who makes that bag?

 

Blogger Juani Serenellini said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS BLOG.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (2:22 PM) : 

What a great cape! I love the colors. The bag is great too, but I see it everywhere. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Lemon for breakfast said ... (2:23 PM) : 

ohh THAT bag! i'm in love with it!

 

Blogger COCOCOZY said ... (2:23 PM) : 

I want a cape! Love the houndstooth! Where do I get one????

xo
Coco
COCOCOZY

 

Blogger karina said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I see a lot of positivism and I love the enrgy .Great outfit I love the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Love the houndstooth and the Alexander Wang bag! Want that bag more and more every day!

http://fashionsmaven.blogspot.com

 

Blogger mimi sioux said ... (2:33 PM) : 

what a smile!!
gorgeous!

 

Blogger Zuzolińska said ... (2:34 PM) : 

The beauty of this woman is in her smile.

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (2:34 PM) : 

*uuuuck I like this. The cape, the layered sweaters, the bag, the jeans, love it all.

 

Anonymous Dorota said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Looks quite effortless and charming, love the layers of the sleeves :)

 

Blogger l´habitué said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

http://lhabitue.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:43 PM) : 

So sophisticated, so chic....so NYC... Loves the bag

 

Blogger lauren said ... (2:46 PM) : 

i am lusting over that purse...like seriously impure thoughts!!!! now the cape looks great on her, but i don't trust myself to not look a hot damn mess... i think there's a fine line. she looks amazing. she better hope she never runs into me carrying that bag...i would snatch it and run...okay, probably not...but still.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
be a follower, not a hater

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

love the wang bag, love the tweed, great picture!!

 

Anonymous Princesa said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Fabulous! The colours, the bag, the glasses. And that smile... just gorgeous! Nice light!

 

Blogger bianka said ... (3:00 PM) : 

she has a beautiful smile =)

 

Blogger Alyssa said ... (3:08 PM) : 

LOVE the poncho and the studs on the bottom of her purse. She wears this look so, so well. Thank you, as always, for sharing. :)

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (3:08 PM) : 

The cape is one of the most attractive and stylish outer garments for men or women. This short example looks great and you had another lady in a red longer version the other day who was knockout. They only place I see men wearing them these days is in Austria so I guess we'll have to let the ladies take the lead.

 

Blogger Rock Couture said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Super chic... I love the cape!

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Capes, they are better than ponchos and she wears it well, but I'd still prefer a coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

I love it, she's so easygoingg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

I want her bag.


http://sippli.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

where is this purse from? i love it!

 

Anonymous Dan said ... (3:29 PM) : 

wonderful...great texture goin on with the bag and cape

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Love the cape and the gold studs on the bag are divine. Also good use of layering. However the sunglasses dont fit with the rest of the outfit and annoyingly draw your eye away.

 

Blogger I V E S T I T I ! said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Agreed, awesome bag as well.......I VESTITI!

 

Anonymous tracy said ... (3:31 PM) : 

The cape is magnificent and she wears it like it's the most natural thing in the world. But I'm drawn to that fabulous bag! Who is it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I love capes, but when ever I wear mine I spend the day regretting my choice. Purse positioning is usually my biggest issue. Tomorrow I'll try again with a purse that size.

 

Anonymous Eleanoora said ... (3:35 PM) : 

I like how the light frames her

I also like her outfit

 

Blogger The Trendy Fashionista said ... (3:38 PM) : 

That cape is fabulous! Great picture

-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

so chic...love the alexander wang bag!!

 

Blogger Sophisticated Misfit said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Yeah, nice cape. She wears it well but should have worn something else underneath other than an XL jumper reminiscent of the hip-hop fraternity.

Pietro

 

Blogger Felipe-san said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Do they have capes for men?

 

Blogger SaraKateSwan said ... (5:38 PM) : 

She makes that Alexander Wang bag look huge!! Gorgeous pic

http://beautifulstreets.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger mia said ... (5:40 PM) : 

love the overlaping of sweaters and the studs on her bag.

 

Blogger Hannah Muirhead said ... (5:46 PM) : 

WHERE CAN I GET A CAPE!? They are so hard to find.

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (5:51 PM) : 

this is definitely how to wear a cape.. and i love that bag, it's fabulous

 

Anonymous Beth said ... (5:58 PM) : 

capes are so cool

 

Anonymous Camila F. said ... (6:00 PM) : 

How to look amazing!!!

 

Anonymous Daphne said ... (6:02 PM) : 

the cape is perfection!

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Ooooohh I love this cape! And the tough studding on the bag. I know the Mulberry Alexa has been dubbed the bag of the season, but this is the bag that seems to be on everybodys arm!


http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:04 PM) : 

LOVE her cape!!!!! I've been looking high and low for one just like it.


http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Hellena said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Ιs this the girl from NAP you shot in front of a bus in NYFW?
The only bad thing with the cape is you get tired of carrying a bag and not change position to shoulder.... the wang bag will be a hit olover within the next couple of months-wait and see

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

WOW fantastic woman, fantasic outfit and gergous bag. She has beautiful smile. I think she has wonderful personality. I would like to know her.
Aleksandra

 

Blogger Anna said ... (6:07 PM) : 

i was just contemplating capes...my mother made me try on her's yesterday. I am still on the fence for myself but i love this one!

http://www.stylaholic.com/Stylaholic/Blog/Blog.html

 

Blogger Emily said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I love how she mixed the classic print on the cape with the trendy studded bag. But I would bet money that she threw this look together in two seconds

xx

 

Blogger idnomade said ... (6:23 PM) : 

how? how? HOW? please provide some explanation! capes always drown me, but i love them so!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I have a cape like this, and was worried about it making me look like Sherlock Holmes, after seeing this image, I can't wait for the colder months to hit Melbourne so I can start wearing it. Love this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Does any one know where is this bag come from???


I LOVE IT!!!


XOXO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

LOOOOOVE the bag!!!! She is very pretty :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

until I saw this image I have always hated capes, now I want one - wow, she looks great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

the bag is not huge, it just hangs down like that naturally. they come in two different sizes too btw. i have been looking for a cape coat forever, love this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Love love love the Alexander Wang! Just got the same one with silver studs myself and I love it soo much!

http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Kick It Girl-Seattle said ... (7:32 PM) : 

That tall collar on the cape frames her gorgeous face perfectly. A+

 

Blogger Maria said ... (8:03 PM) : 

that studded bag is awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Love it! Who makes that cape?

 

Blogger Lo' Diva said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Thank you or this post!

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (8:58 PM) : 

the cape and that bag are perfection

 

Blogger She Wore It Well said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Love the studs on the bag. And she looks so warm and comfortable.


sheworeitwell.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous OzKat said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Love the studs on the bag, so unexpected! She makes me want to buy a cape!

 

Blogger Christie said ... (10:01 PM) : 

WOW! What an easy look. I am so glad Autumn is upon us down here in Melbourne - but where would I find that cape??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

She looks so good even for just running around the town. Most of all she looks happy.

I don't like that bag. Never have. Once you get past the studs, it's nothin to it.

 

Anonymous lauraviz said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Bien clásico y descontracturado a la vez.
Excelente diseño del cuello de la capa!!

me gusta el bolso con tachas en la base

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

the bag lady, hand it over!
*sp

 

Anonymous suzy said ... (10:36 PM) : 

one vote for how ny work the cape. sorry, milano, you were a close second

 

Anonymous Kirsten said ... (11:55 PM) : 

Wow, She really knows how to where a cape! I love her bad also! Wow, you are a fashion icon.

 

Blogger roccodante said ... (11:59 PM) : 

Adorable, like the entire look.

 

Blogger what dia like said ... (12:51 AM) : 

perfect style!

www.whatdialike.com

 

Anonymous Cape Police said ... (2:52 PM) : 

oh yes, yes, yes!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (5:07 PM) : 

This photograph may very well be my favorite since I started following your blog this January. I love her cape and the outfit is to die for. So simplistically elegant, and her accessories are perfect. To me, she typifies Casual Elegance. This is the look I strive for everyday of my life. There is a trace of Jackie O here, something from days gone by, but very modern all the same. Love it Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

That is a deadly bag and a killer smile. Do you hear me runway gods?
A smile can make an outfit.

 

Anonymous Annie said ... (10:08 PM) : 

She looks so pulled together yet effortless! And so happy!

 

Blogger ROXY MARJ said ... (12:10 AM) : 

AH! LOOOOVE that Bag! It looks like the perfect width/weight! Thick & sturdy. Who is it by???? <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Its Holli from Net-a-porter, her personality is more beautiful than her smile.

 

Blogger fille du monde said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I am so jealous of everything about her in this picture. She looks so casually chic and elegant. It makes me want to get a cape

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Nice picture!

Fantastic alexander wang bag! Nice leather! Is there anyone who can tell me where to get one like this with that gold studs??? But not in black. Online shop? Is the bag from this season or from summer 2010?

I want it!

hello from Spain!

 

Anonymous Sweetwine and Snowflakes said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Amazing bag!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:34 PM) : 

loveeee that alexander wang bag!!!
sticoftheweek.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

I love this cape!!Her smile makes the look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

Can anybody tell me where can i find the cape?.Who is the designer??.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I think its a ZARA`S bag.....

 

Anonymous IED Firenze said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Lovely smile...

 

Anonymous bisbee said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Love the bag - I've got the same one!

 

Blogger Cath said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I love the Alexander Wang bag and the cape is really cool. I've been looking for one myself but I can't find a nice one anywhere.

 

Blogger Connie said ... (4:57 AM) : 

Love the Alexander Wang bag!

The Heartbreak

 

Blogger Ola said ... (6:45 AM) : 

Like Julia Roberts, a little bit:)

 

Blogger DianeWedd said ... (3:41 PM) : 

I've loved this cape since I first saw it in March and happened to find it recently on theoutnet.com. It's made by Aubin & Wills and has been marked down considerably. Score!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting