This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Louis Vuitton.... by Garance Doré Studio

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 15, 2010

Louis Vuitton.... by Garance Doré Studio


So some of you have asked why I post these videos on my blog.

Easy, I think Garance work is great and I did some of the filming on these videos.

I probably shot 25% of the material on the video but Garance and Chris did all the heavy lifting on editing, music, etc.

Now that I know how to focus my camera correctly while filming I will be including more videos that Garance and I shoot together.

Comments on "Louis Vuitton.... by Garance Doré Studio"

 

Blogger Isabel said ... (9:21 PM) : 

Mark has been so maligned for late shows in NYC!
Did you love the clothes as they passed by you? I loved them immediately as soon as I saw the show online. I have been looking for A-line skirts for a long time and I presume I am not alone. Hopefully we shall see some in the shops by autumn!
Another beautiful video by Garance and her team!

 

Blogger Luba said ... (9:23 PM) : 

The show looked so romantic.

 

Anonymous Alberto said ... (9:27 PM) : 

awesome video!!

 

Anonymous Fashion eTutor said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Quite beautiful

 

Anonymous georgia said ... (9:34 PM) : 

elegant and playful. reminds me of old glamourous hollywood. with a bit of goofiness. nice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

This fashion show was so magical and beautiful

check out my blog ebbiemag.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Spokey said ... (10:45 PM) : 

beautiful!
love Garance!

 

Blogger elodina said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Swoooooooooooooooooooon

 

Blogger Julián said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Hermosísimo, very graceful everything here !!!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Beautiful video! Garance did a fabulous job. xo

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Elise F said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Great video clip! Collection was beautiful, I can't believe that girl tripped!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

Why don't you post your own photos/work?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Beautiful! Love the new Louis girl!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 AM) : 

oh the collection is so old school. i love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:02 AM) : 

*giggle* @ Terry Richardson. Thanks Garance!

 

Blogger Jai said ... (1:03 AM) : 

I LOVE your blog! Fantastic work!
But...how come there's no "next" button at the bottom of the blog to flip the pages?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

Yay! I love how they finally welcomed models diverse in size and age on the runway.

 

Blogger Le Raconteur said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Wow. A dream.

 

Blogger Ethan said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Very '50s. In my mind, the '50s represent a time of, to a considerable extent, repression of women. The ideal housewife, husband's always home at 6 from the factory to a meatloaf dinner. Very square. It's cool that LV is bringing out the elegance, and hopefully, power from that look. A little ironic in a way, but I'm down.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

I can't view Garance's photos on your blog or her website. It's such a shame for I do love her photos.

 

Blogger Vitaliy Doroshenko said ... (4:29 AM) : 

Everything new is well forgotten old.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Thanx for the video! I love it:)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Beautiful!! Indeed an excellent work from Garance Doré

 

Anonymous mimi fab said ... (5:11 AM) : 

I really like all the short videos produced by Garance of the fashion shows....they encapsulate the essence and the music is coordinated which sets the tone....also the sense of humor and the rawness gives it a feel of being there and the energy of the moment.

 

Anonymous zika said ... (5:40 AM) : 

What happened to her breath...is the dress not fitting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:02 AM) : 

Beautiful. The models are taking a walk through the park - and we are sitting on a park bench, in awe of the youthful girl we see walk by, that stays with us, and the quiet click of her shoes...

 

Blogger AVM said ... (6:33 AM) : 

I really appreciate this "mad men" silhouette, finally we see wearable, feminine proportions (versus Balmain just-mini), great colors and innovative textiles. The bags, obviously as in the focus of the show and the clothes, are great.
Nevertheless, I see two issues here: one refers to the values and roles transported from this mad men early 60ies reference; and second, it is the ONLY shape in the whole show, be it skirts, dresses or coats.
PS: Nice side steps to punctuality and guests being too late :-)

 

Blogger beths said ... (8:40 AM) : 

The music is perfect, and I concur with the explication of the video's tone offered by Anonymous at 6:02. Sigh. As for '50s values, who says we can't adapt these graceful clothes to now and leave the '50s values (and foundation garments!) behind?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I love everything about this collection.
Great video by Garance as always.

 

Anonymous Dawne said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Breathtaking.

 

Anonymous all-in-the-silhouette said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Very vintage chic. Ladylike. Pretty. So grateful the awful huge, extremely high-heeled, strappy, masochistic shoe is absent.

 

Blogger Style Stars said ... (10:23 AM) : 

love these videos :)
what a beautiful collection.

fall in love with a shooting star...
http://youareashootingstar.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (10:29 AM) : 

feminine & graceful.
something 1950's hollywood about the collection.
i believe that this is the shape of things to come.
mr. jacobs has just ushered in an entirely new silhouette and with that, hair and accessories will change also.

it's a most welcome relief from cartoonish platforms, oversized handbags, leggings.

mr. jacobs, your collection is brilliant as always.

 

Blogger Rock Couture said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Great video!!!!

 

Anonymous Loreto said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Mmmm! That is so romantic!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Beautiful and like old photos when my mother was a teenager in the 50's but we are in 2010.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

I already commented on Garance's blog post re: the new LV woman, so I'll say no more. But I wanted to let you know that I googled Rick Owens when I saw his picture (removed later?) on your blog. I hadn't paid much attention to his design even though I knew the name. When I did my 'homework,' I went "OMG, I love his aesthetic and womenswear! How did I miss this talent?" You see, Scott, your blog has a lot of influence - positive influence!

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Wow, so elegant and so classic. Love the fountain and the music - goes incredibly well with the feel of the show. I get a feeling one leaves this visual fashion presentation with such highly lifted spirits and full of inspiration... Definately an experience to be tahnkful for, if you ask me!..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

hopefully your name will then appear in the credits on Garance's video's, non?

 

Blogger Beauty Is Diverse said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Most romantic and elgeant show of the season.

 

Blogger Carlos said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I am completely in love with Marc Jacobs and his designs! He is so talented and creative! I really admire him and look up to him, such an inspiration!

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (7:33 PM) : 

It would have nothing to do with the fact that she's your girlfriend......nothing wrong with that at all because this is your blog Scott, but that explanation sounded like Nixon's Checkers speech!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:53 PM) : 

To Joe
It's no secret she is my girlfriend and yes it is my blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

What an absolutely gorgeous collection from Mr. Jacobs. Breathtaking. Thank you Scott for posting these videos, they are truly enjoyable. This one in particular captures the whimsical romance intended to resonate from this masterful collection. Very well done indeed.

 

Blogger Erica said ... (11:46 PM) : 

OMG! Was that Latisha Casta!? I haven't seen her in forever. Gorgeous woman, gorgeous body.

www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Nic Riess said ... (12:40 AM) : 

I didn't read all the comments or the earlier ones, but I think, it is just another approach/ another angle at looking at fashion or viewing what you want and Garance want to share with us.. No matter, if you were involved in shooting them or not - you were there, there is a connection to Garance and that's already valid reason enough to include or link to them on your blog.. it's different from photography and just adds another layer .. :).. so keep linking to them..

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (3:25 AM) : 

I love the videos - it really brings it all to life. There are so many dimensions that you just don't appreciate in a still image. It allows your eye to wander as it catches different details rather than trying to take it all in at once.

 

Blogger djaniquinn said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Scott , do you know if this was the music from the actual show itself? Or did you add different music afterwards?

I thought the music for this piece was perfect and if they used something different I'm curious to know what it was.

Very nice video piece! Awesome.

And I loved the locale. It fit perfectly with the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Thank you for sharing the videos - i love them. Garance's work is great, really catching the atmosphere. Showing a beautiful work to alot of people is never the wrong thing to do... I don't see the point of some guys harping on about her being your girlfriend, the fact that the vids are great is reason enough to post them - no need for further justification. They speak for themselves!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Beautiful video! Very romantic.

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Diane said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Thanks so much for posting this lovely video, the music went great with the clothes :) And I love it when you post videos because it makes things look real, it shows me that those people are real people...strange, right?:P

kiss

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (1:46 PM) : 

The Sartorialist said...
To Joe
"It's no secret she is my girlfriend and yes it is my blog"

......So why the Checkers speech?.....I'm on your side buddy!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:13 PM) : 

for joe
because most people didn't know i was also filmng and i am very proud of that.

just an fyi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

LOVED IT !!! I will go on Garance's web page to congrats her :)

 

Blogger Julián said ... (12:29 PM) : 

I find ABSOLUTELY LOVELY when you post Garance's things here !!! She's so fresh, spontaneous, easygoing... keep on doing !! ♥

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

I feel a bit sad that you felt you had to justify posting Garance's videos on your blog.

Unless I'm mistaken this blog is about what inspires you in fashion and in life and in your fashionable life - Garance and her work is obviously one of those things.

You are an inspiration and a trail blazer - just do what feels right to you. It's what's made this blog a succes so far...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:09 PM) : 

gorgeous show.
gorgeous clothes.
gorgeous video.
gorgeous garance.

love her videos. love the little hand notes flying on the screen...

 

Anonymous Chrissy said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Such a sweet little video which perfectly matches the vibe of the clothing. Lovely! It was like a little story, ending with Terry unable to see the show, pouvre Terry!

 

Anonymous antywong said ... (3:22 AM) : 

Love Garance so much!

 

Anonymous Matti said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Beautiful! I think this was an amazing collection and made the models look feminine and ladylike :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting