This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Celine vs Louis Vuitton - Ladies & Gentleman

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Celine vs Louis Vuitton - Ladies & Gentleman

Celine and Louis Vuitton were the two most exciting shows this past season.

Most of the reactions I heard were that Celine was what a woman wanted to be. Louis Vuitton was the woman a man wanted to be with.

So I ask you.

Women - Would you rather be the Celine woman or the Louis Vuitton woman?
Men - Which woman would you rather be with, the Celine woman or the Louis Vuitton woman?

Celine vs Louis Vuitton


photos from Style.com

Comments on "Celine vs Louis Vuitton - Ladies & Gentleman"

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I'm definitely a Celin woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I'd rather be the Louis Vuitton woman. The Celine woman looks entirely too harsh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Though I like the sophisticated and sexy look of celine. As a women I actually could see myself wearing Louis clothes more often. They are sweet, classy, yet still sexy.

 

Blogger andrew said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Male here - I indeed like the LV look. That being said i tend to be a pretty traditional guy. That's not to say i wouldn't like my girlfriend to dress with the celine look every once and a while but she does tend to dress with this LV style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Céline. Definitely.

 

Blogger galsandan said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Celine, of course. What a question! (I'm a woman.) :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

No hesitation at all: I am a Celine woman. I cannot imagine myself wearing any of the Vuitton items, except maybe for a fancy dress party...

 

Blogger Phyllis said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Both

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

If I romanticize I would like to be Louis Vuitton, but the truth is I am the Celine woman.

 

Blogger kimmy scotti said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Why do we have to choose? Id like to think I am both a Celine & Louis Vuitton woman...Celine is my day/office style and LV represents my weekend style!

 

Anonymous WashRinseRepeat said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Celine for me, always!

 

Blogger David said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Most definitely a Louis Vuitton woman. The clothing seems a lot softer, and a lot more like a person I would want to come home to after a long day, while still remaining elegant and sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Celine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I would rather be the Louis Vuitton woman - but I'm only 19, and I think that looks a lot younger.

 

Blogger GFS said ... (12:18 PM) : 

My eyes immediately were drawn to the Louis Vuitton styles!

 

Anonymous matt's little sister said ... (12:19 PM) : 

I'm Louis but would love to be celine.x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

celine!

 

Blogger H said ... (12:19 PM) : 

In this case, Celine, hands down.

 

Anonymous up in the mountain said ... (12:22 PM) : 

POWER VERSUS DECORATIVE ARTS ?

 

Anonymous dex653 said ... (12:23 PM) : 

celine ftw! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

celine woman

 

Anonymous LolaJazz said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I'd rather be the Celine woman.
I loved this collection !
Nothing too much, simple, elegant, beautiful.

 

Anonymous Haley said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I love the femininity of Louis Vuitton. Although the strength in shapes of Celine is empowering, the feminine details at LV are a component of the woman I would like to be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

i want to be celine. no contest.

 

Anonymous CM said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I would rather be with the Celine woman. Even more if she used patterns in the way the Vuitton woman does.

 

Blogger Cheyne said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I would definitely love to be the Celine woman. I'm all about the strong statement pieces and the general feisty, daring look that I feel Celine has this season. As much as I love to feel girly and feminine, LV just isn't doing it for me this collection.'


Cheyne.

 

Blogger Fashion Faux Pas said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I would rather be a Louis Vuitton, anytime. Céline is nice but... only liked the last outfit for myself.

 

Blogger Fanya said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Mixture of both. If I have to pick, I will pick LV.

My impression from browsing through the slides on style.com is that, Celine's is darker, more tailored/structured. I like LV because it's more feminine. Altho I do like the clean cut coats and other possibly office appropriate wears.

My biggest turn off is shiny leather. Leather already conveys a sort of message, the extra shine just...well...not my thing.

 

Blogger AVM said ... (12:28 PM) : 

As a women my vote is cristall clear for Celine, or better for Stella McCartney, because in my point of view Stella McCartney is much stronger in this kind of style than Celine. As stated earlier in reference to the LV show, the mad men early 60s reference is too strong there (plus all the "what women did and specifically did not or better where allowed to do and did not"); and the shilouette to rigidly translated througout the entire collection.

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (12:28 PM) : 

oh, interesting post! i'd surely go for celine women, and i'd love to be one of them. i love leathers and black and white clothes!, although i find the sexy-feminine styles from LV are irresistible either.;)


fashion atelier.

 

Blogger rose said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I like both, but I am in love with the femininity of the Louis Vuitton collection. I love dressing up in skirts and romantic pretty things, especially when they're flattering. The Celine outfits look much less comfortable and I feel like I would be self-conscious if I wore them myself, even though they look great on the models.

 

Blogger Nancy said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Celine during the day and Louis Vuitton at night!

 

Blogger mayalowe said ... (12:31 PM) : 

i think you're right. as a woman, i want to be the celine woman, and i'm sure my husband would love me in all the lady like louis vuitton.

 

Blogger MORGANE said ... (12:31 PM) : 

And The winner is Celine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

As a modern woman thinking about her wardrobe, the nostalgic Vuitton show is a surprising breath of fresh air ! So pretty and wearable ! I am really tired of all the "bondage shoes" and short, short skirts.

 

Anonymous eyewhypee said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Céline for sure! I'm a classy, sexy woman who likes her looks to be sharp. And my boyfriend agrees!

 

Blogger lintmag said ... (12:34 PM) : 

In the photos you show, the Celine looks a little sharp and the Louis looks balanced and feminine, but in the full line up on style.com the Celine has more good looks to wear and the Louis has an awful lot that make even the models look fat and dumpy! Usually I love Vuitton but I would have to see either of these collections in person to make a call.

 

Anonymous gih said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I'd rather go for Celine. A perfect brand as far as I've known.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Though not normally a LV fan, this particular collection had coworkers approaching me and remarking how much it reminded them of my style. So even though I hate to have to choose (to agree with Kimmy Scotti above; why must we?), in this case I'm an entirely Louis Vuitton woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

not wanting to seem pretentious, but i think i've been wearing the celine style for 2 or 3 years: leather skirts, white shirts and cardigans.
but giving it a tougher edge, why not try the LV look one in a while: full skirt with motorcycle boots, etc..
Ana

 

Blogger Diana Quintana said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Depends on the mood, both are gorgeous, but appropiate for different moments. xoxo

www.f-puppet.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Diana Quintana said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Depends on the mood, both are gorgeous, but appropiate for different moments. xoxo

www.f-puppet.blogspot.com

 

Blogger marlie said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I would definitely wear Celine (left). Only the 1st LV dress (right) appealed to me.

(P.S. I'm a woman.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Louis Vuitton, definitely!! So feminine, but still sexy...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Do we have to be honest...? ;) ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

i believe that most gentlemen would go for louis vuitton. me as a youngster, i go definitley for celion.

 

Anonymous lolitapopdollhouse said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I'd definitely rather be the LV woman. My tastes are very retro and feminine, so I gravitate towards those longer, full skirts and the gloves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Celine, celine celine! (I am female)

This is interesting

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

1) Celine
2) LV
3) Celine

I suppose I dress for my husband 30% of the time!

 

Anonymous Oda said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Celine!

 

Blogger Erin said ... (12:39 PM) : 

The Celine woman is definitely it for me and I think my guy would agree.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I am a Celine woman!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Celine - For me, strong + confident = sexy woman. In my opinion women dressing [purely] for men takes both takes all those variables out of the equation.

 

Blogger Ethan said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Can I make the LV woman wear that second Celine outfit for my birthday?

 

Blogger Claire said ... (12:42 PM) : 

i'm naturally the Celine woman but i'll put money on the fact that men would rather be with the LV woman.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Oh I want to be the Celine woman. Except maybe on Sundays. Then I'll be the Louis Vuitton woman. Yep, that sounds just right.

 

Blogger SunshineTax said ... (12:43 PM) : 

I am Celine....but I wish I had the confidence to pull of the Vuitton. That's a lot of sex appeal to carry around.

Both of these close achieve their sex appeal by covering as much as the reveal. Awesome collections.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Céline,Céline,Céline...liberating!

LV is so 50's ... a time when a woman's place was solely in the kitchen.

 

Anonymous christopher said ... (12:46 PM) : 

celine - mainly because it has a great synthesis of being individual pieces but also a cohesive collection. i'm afraid the LV has a too strong sense of pastiche about it.

 

Blogger The Social Mediatrix said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I want to be a Celine woman. I find that it's quite hard to pull off cute dresses with short hair and a not particular cute face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

i'd wear celine. the other looks too dress-up party styled to my not-very-fashionable eyes.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (12:50 PM) : 

As a woman, I would rather wear Celine, but it is a little harsh...

 

Anonymous GGsartorial said ... (12:51 PM) : 

well of course i would rather be with the celine woman.its very sexy and beautiful in contrast to LV wich is just beautiful

 

Blogger Amanda Erin said ... (12:51 PM) : 

It's just not that simple-how about the Celine coat or boots with any of the LV looks? Or a pencil skirt and romantic neckline? I love contrast more than any one look.

 

Anonymous Mych said ... (12:51 PM) : 

from a male:
I'd rather be with a Celine.

But I'm also gay. But my vote still counts.

 

Blogger A. said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Gentleman here. I´d rather be with a Celine woman, I like strong independent women.

 

Blogger captain underpants said ... (12:52 PM) : 

i'd be a louis vuitton girl on holiday, but a celine girl during the week.

 

Anonymous Katie said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Celine!

 

Anonymous on.n.off said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Celine is more my style. I admire LV, but I'd most likely end up wearing Celine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I like the Celine woman.
(I'm a man)

 

Anonymous Caroline said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I'd love to be the Celine woman, the look of the top photo is exactly what I strive for; the LV look, on the other hand, does absolutely nothing for me; I think I'd rather walk the city naked, than wear any of those god-awful get-ups!

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I'd definitely rather BE the Celine woman - but the Louis Vuitton clothes would fit me better, I don't have the figure to pull off the Celine line.

 

Blogger Shannon said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Every day I'm definitely the Louis Vuitton. But I would love to wear the Celine on occasion.

 

Anonymous Diego Montoya said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Cool question !
I would be with the Celine woman from morning until 5pm! then Vuitton!!!
My very best,
Diego Montoya

 

Anonymous Jill said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I would definitely prefer to be the Celine woman--she's edgy, modern, and sexy, without sacrificing her feminine beauty. Gorgeous.

 

Blogger daughterofmartha said ... (1:00 PM) : 

It's funny you bring this up because recently I've been having the same issue with my own style. Do I prefer masculine, and somewhat futuristic labels like Helmut Lang, or do I embrace my softer side? There is no question men want the Vuitton.

 

Blogger A. said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I'm a woman and I say Celine through and through. I think the Louis Vuitton show was beautiful, but cemented my decision for me was that LV's silhouettes and styling look back and Celine's look forward.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

As a woman, I'd rather be softer, quirkier, and prettier. So... Louis, which surprises me very much.

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (1:02 PM) : 

(In general) I don't really like to generalise on men & women. These collections reflect, to some extent, two different understandings of feminity. Céline's woman is all-conquering, some may say 'manly'; Louis Vuitton is self-effacing, some may say 'girly'. The designers have played on clichés, really. I am not sure this makes their collection more interesting.

From videos, it seems to me that the highlights of the Paris Fashion shows were Lanvin & Balenciaga, but that is only my VHO.

On a side note, I wish one day, men's fashion will be taken as seriously as women's fashion!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Amanda said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Vuitton by day... Celine by night?

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (1:04 PM) : 

At my age, Celine.

 

Anonymous Giovanella said ... (1:04 PM) : 

LV for La Scala nights!
Celine for my boyfriend nights!

 

Anonymous Sophie said ... (1:06 PM) : 

count me as a Celine woman (with the Vuitton jacket). Strong and successful doesn't have to mean sleek and angry...the Celine pieces are just a bit too harsh.

 

Blogger The Cripple said ... (1:06 PM) : 

As Lennart said, strong+confident=sexy. Additionally the Celine woman is more blunt while the LV woman has a soft demeanor that only hides a vicious and less elegant woman; I would rather be with a confident open woman than a seemingly elegant woman.

 

Blogger iida said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I'm a Celine woman, definitely, but with a bit of LV thrown in. (I like the gloves and skirts, but in monochromatic tones.)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I LOVED! the LV show! When I watched the video on style.com I called my boyfriend over to watch it again and he loved it too. I thought every single piece was beautiful and how I would love to dress every single day!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Celine, without a doubt. Such an elegant, minimal aethestic.

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (1:08 PM) : 

It would depend on my mood that day. Sometimes I want an androgynous and somewhat tough look and sometimes I'm feeling romantic and feminine so both!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I think both are different sides to a woman's personality, or anyone's for that matter. One is more gentle, the other more severe.

But, having said that, I'd much rather be the Celine woman. Such a badass!

 

Blogger Frederique said ... (1:09 PM) : 

A CELINE WOMEN!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I would definitely be the Celine woman. There is nothing that appeals to me about the LV collection.

 

Anonymous Paul said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I think that the Celine woman wants to be a man...

 

Blogger Richie Designs said ... (1:10 PM) : 

A Celine woman by day...Vuitton by night ;)

 

Blogger souly nomadic said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I'd rather be the Celine woman

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Definately Louis Vuitton!

Surfaraz (Male)

 

Blogger Megui said ... (1:12 PM) : 

i assume i can't choose both. but i'd choose celine.
but i've got to say i totally agree with you. i was watching garance's vids with my dad and he totally love the louis vuitton show, wich i liked but i thought it was more for my mom than for me.
but really, bth were incredible.

 

Anonymous OCBD said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Celine is fashion, Louis Vuitton is style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

CELINE CELINE CELINE....................

did i mention that i want to be first and most importantly a CELINE woman.

 

Blogger lenore said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I'm petite and the full skirts would be overwhelming on me. While I love the retro look, I personally look better in something that doesn't wear me, but rather I wear it. I could rock the slimmer Celine, but not the LV. And who cares about which of these works for the guys? You gotta dress for yourself.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:16 PM) : 

i'm definitely a celine woman; black, navy, grey, white. tight or drapey, shoulders, strong-sharp silhouettes. i'm just like most of the other women who've posted before me: would love to be an lv woman but that just ain't me! i can't pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

DEFINITELY CELINE!

 

Blogger chicfille said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Celine. It's sexy and powerful.

Though I wouldn't mind LV on the weekends.

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (1:18 PM) : 

That's easy! Although I enjoyed the LV show I do not see myself as the dirndl type... So Celine all the way for me, please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I'd rather be the Celine-woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

celine celine celine for suure!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Celine, Celine, Celine
(I am a Celine woman, and would want a Celine woman)

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Celine all the way.

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I would definitely enjoy more playing the LV woman!

 

Blogger Courtney said ... (1:20 PM) : 

This is so interesting to me. I'm curious why we feel, as women, that if we're drawn more to the Louis Vuitton pieces, that it's for the men? When I look at these, I see the beautiful shape of women, the curves that we have that we should celebrate and accentuate, and not for a man, but for ourselves because that is who we are. The structural aspect of the Celine clothes make them masculine and hard. I feel like the shape and the softness of the LV celebrate us as women, not make us the housewives of the 50's. You can own the curves of your body for yourself, not for a man, and still be a powerful and independent woman.

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I would definitely enjoy more playing the LV woman!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Celine all the way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I like both designers take on the woman and what she could represent. I think its important for a woman to have both. I feel that both have different uses. LV if you're feeling romantic and C for those days when you want to put your war paint on and close that deal.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Definitely Celine woman!!!!

 

Blogger ChuChiao said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I am a Celine woman for certain.

 

Blogger Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I am definitely a Celine Woman. I like the razors edge of the look. I would have to be in a particularly romantic mood to wear the Louie Vitton, though both looks are beautiful.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I'd like to be the woman who could afford both.

(If forced into a corner, I'd be the Celine woman over the LV woman.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I'm a woman and I would definitely prefer to be the Celine woman (rather the one in first picture).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

I'm a Celine woman. I like the definiteness of the look, less things to worry about when I wear it. I put it on and feel like I own the world. Not that I've ever worn Celine, just in my imagination.

 

Blogger Fueling Unicorns said ... (1:24 PM) : 

I agreed that both of these were best. I would wear Celine during the week and the LV on the weekend. Both are very beautiful.
I would think that men would find both of these looks quite appealing but hope that women dress more for themselves and it's a bonus if men also find it attractive.
Oddly I get attention form men sometimes when I am wearing clothing I would think they would find odd. It may be that I look comfortable with myslef and that is the appeal ?

 

Blogger anniechu2010 said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Celine hands down!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

i'm a celine woman, no question.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

The shape and cut of most of the LV collection is basically good for one body type. The Celine collection is for the modern woman and many different body types.
LV is like a fantasy collection and is not realistic or relevant for the woman of today.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I'm so celine.

 

Blogger anniechu2010 said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Without a doubt...Celine. You know there's a difference when there is a woman at the helm of design rather than a man... it really shows!It's about time that we had more of an influence in the fashion world.

 

Anonymous M.Amanda said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I'm a woman. I like being feminine. Louis Vuitton.

 

Blogger stephanie_press said ... (1:28 PM) : 

LV - the clothes look more approachable and feminine. And I love the mix of the textures and patterns which gives it a bit of edge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

LV, but not only because men like it... ;)

 

Blogger TeenageMuse said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Celine, she's much sexier ;)

 

Anonymous Tiiu said ... (1:29 PM) : 

it depends on my mood.

the Celine line is quite powerful, where LV is much softer and feminine.

but on this beautiful, sun-shining day? LV for sure.

 

Anonymous Christian said ... (1:29 PM) : 

What a question! I think the answer you heard follows psychology: Everyone wants to be cool, while nobody wants to hang around with a full-time ice block.

So, sorry Celine-only-women and LV-only-women, I'd like to be with a woman who can pull off both looks, each at its time.

Besides, thanks, dear author, for asking, because I find it nice to have a real discussion in the comments.

 

Blogger Anna Bakurova said ... (1:29 PM) : 

I would wear Celine by day and jump into LV in the evening (plus a little pretty apron :) so my husband can come home after a long day at work and find himself "at home". I am only half joking :)

 

Blogger Solanah said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Oh Louis Vuitton for sure. Celine is too masculine for my taste, but I'm sure a super stylish lady could pull it off.

 

Blogger akos said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Altough the LV show was a wonderful presentation, it was also more likely in a wonder(or never?)land of romanticism, 60's chick and male fantasies, including pieces wich would be parts of outfits in the next season, but surely mixed with a range of urban, casual stuff. On the other hand Celine is truly READY-TO-WEAR, without doubt it's perfectly capable of the wardrobe of a contemporary, powerful women.

 

Anonymous Sarah Nicole said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Definitely Celine!!
I love the feminine dresses, but I have to agree that both collections are incredible!


http://manolostoasolos.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Valerie said ... (1:33 PM) : 

i say both, but i'll be celine, i think a men would want to be with a LV women but would choose a celine women instead. I love you scott schuman my friend and i will say "wouldn't a day with scott be just a inspiring experience".
XO,
fashionaddress.blogspot.com
NY

 

Anonymous Lovisa said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Definitely the Celine-woman!

 

Anonymous Jen said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I think you're exactly right. I am definitely a Celine sort of woman, but my boyfriend doesn't get it.

 

Anonymous hakkamui said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Though I do like some of LV, but I know I will be more comfortable and confident in Celine.

 

Blogger ΔΕΣΠΟΙΝΑ ΣΙΦΝΙΑΔΟΥ said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I am a Celine woman!

 

Blogger Dennis Elzinga said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Altough I love the classics of the fifies, the classics with an avant-garde twist from Celine are my favourites.
Says a male with a love for preppy trends and fashion.
www.galeriemondaine.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:34 PM) : 

As a woman without hesitation I would want to be Celine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

CELINECELINECELINE!!!!
but the LV woman would be my best friend..haha

 

Anonymous Vendela said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I can confess that I'm both. I'm inspired of so much, that I actually can't choose and change from one day to another.
And I doesn't see this question if I wear it to myself or for my man. It's a question of personality and how I feel from one day to another.

And I may be wrong, but I didn't knew that men wanted the LV-figure. Celine (accept for the first picture) is tight, shows more legs and is more sexy.

/V

 

Blogger Mari Woolf said ... (1:38 PM) : 

The Celine woman has more of a manly, fierce flair.
It is definitively the look I would go for, because it's an easier role to play.

 

Blogger Carlos said ... (1:39 PM) : 

CELINE IS WAAY TO HOLLY HOBBY CUT AND TRY SIMPLICITY. ITS LIKE ANYONE COULD BUY A CHEAP SIMPLE PATTERN CUT IT IN EXPENSIVE LEATHER AND WHA LA CELINE. LOUIS VUITTON ALLLLL THE WAY

 

Anonymous Jessica said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Definetly Celine!! it depends on each and everyones style and personality!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

i'm a woman and my choice is hands down Celine. They are sexy, edgy,practical and stylish...made for modern woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

On an average day: Celine
On a fancy day/night: LV
From a woman who loves them both and wishes she had places to wear them ;)

 

Blogger Villa Nellcote said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Celine! Celine! Celine!

But the woman I really want to be with, is the woman who really wants to be with me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

i wanne be a celine woman!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Well, can I be the Lanvin woman, if it's not a problem?

 

Anonymous YYZ said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I'd like to be the Celine woman, but those clothes are not wearable unless one is built like the models. Luckily, I am quite happy to be the Vuitton woman and those clothes are much more wearable for those of us who are not 6 feet tall, weighing 98 lbs.-- even short, curvy girls will look good in those clothes! Yay!

(and thank you, Vuitton-- you are finally making up for all the HIDEOUS handbags you have put into the world! :) )

 

Blogger sammy wammy said ... (1:43 PM) : 

perhaps the question could be "what would you feel most comfortable in? And what would you like to be able to feel comfortable in?"
Celine looks great but perhaps you need to be built like a model to carry it off. Those LV skirts look like they could help conceal a much fuller hip...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:44 PM) : 

I think it depends on my mood. If I'm feelin rock and roll, Celine. If I'm feeling pretty, LV.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

CELINE CELINE CELINE!! I am a woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

LV

 

Anonymous Meine85 said ... (1:46 PM) : 

As a male I would rather be with a Celine women. It looks more empowering then the LV women, but the Celine style seems a bit to harsh while the LV is a bit to cherry blossom sweet.

 

Anonymous Helena said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Celine, with no doubt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Isn't it sad most men prefer demur, traditional feminine looks over the sexy strength of the Celine collection? Which is probably why I am single... Though, I'd rather be single than a pretty-young-thing on an arm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Although I hate to pick between two of the greatest shows this season, I have to say that I am the Louis Vuitton woman.
The Celine clothes are great though, and I don't have any problems seing myself in any of the gorgeous pieces.

 

Anonymous Joe said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Am I the first to say neither?

 

Anonymous xris said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Celine= the Matrix woman- "yes, I can kick your butt".

LV= the Sound of Music woman - "yes, I can kick your butt… with a song".

I'll take LV.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

lifetime Celine (for next season ... obviously .. hihiihi)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

a mix up of both please - beautiful! a full grown woman

 

Blogger monica said ... (1:52 PM) : 

as a woman, i would rather be the LV woman, definitely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Celine.
This LV collection has a look of bathing suit tops paired with dowdy skirts in an unflattering length.
Though revealing less, Celine shows more feminine shape.

 

Anonymous Maija said ... (2:09 PM) : 

I'm 25% Celine, 75% LV lady.
Celine for the days of fitting in, LV for the days of funky freedom..

..feeling all bubbly because of the LV collection! Mixing and matching carefully but having fun with clothes is what makes fashion fun for me.

 

Anonymous Frankie said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Celine, without a doubt.

 

Anonymous Jori said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Clean, simple, powerful cut. Definitely Celine.

 

Blogger Carlos said ... (2:11 PM) : 

I loved Louis Vuitton, but I would say I would prefer to be with the Celine woman because she has an edge, she seems dangerous and daring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

I'm a woman and I only like the first Celine photo. None of the other five appeal to me at all. I think it's the awesome coat. But then again I prefer men's fashion.

 

Anonymous Mégane Laroche said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Celine's style might be more for the daily style, more "casual" that's why we prefer it. Louis Vuitton's clothes look here very romantic, might be for the night.

 

Blogger Ramalhoni said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I completely agree with the comment. I'm a men and I would very much rather be with the LV women...
Stylish, sleek and very feminine.
Although the celine outfits were very nice, they're a bit to masculine for me .

congrats on the fabulous blog

 

Anonymous Amanda said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Oh the Celine woman, no doubt about it!
But picture nr 2 Louis Vuitton was very nice...

 

Anonymous octavia said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I would definetly be a Celine woman!! I thinks it shows a sexy, independent, succesful woman!!

 

Anonymous mylittlescarf.wordpress.com said ... (2:20 PM) : 

as a woman - I can choose to be either one, depending on how I feel that day..
as a man - if I were to choose -
I would pick something in between -
a femenine yet refined austhetic, with great shoes but mostly a great personality..

 

Blogger lorax said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I would prefer to be the Louis Vitton woman in every photo combo except for the first. The Vitton one doesn't look as put together as the Celine one in the first set.


http://lesadventuresdulorax.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Alison Nicole said ... (2:20 PM) : 

There is no way I could choose. I will be a Vuitton woman by day, and a Celine woman by night. Both collections are so strong in completely different ways. Philo satisfied my need to feel powerful and tailored while Jacobs epitomized the flirty, feminine woman. I just love both ideas of the modern woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Celine! Very, modern and sexy.

 

Blogger Lindsey Reiser said ... (2:22 PM) : 

What's wrong with both? A woman should embrace her strength and femininity.

 

Blogger Lane Cleary said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Female- And I would much rather be the LV woman. The Celine is much too harsh and unfeminine.

 

Blogger Nedda Ebo said ... (2:23 PM) : 

I'd rather be the Celine woman.
:) x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

As a Man, i would choose Vitton.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

LV for sure! (female)

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I would love to be both. Sometimes the younger Celine look on the left and sometimes the older, sophisticated and feminine LV look on the right. Why not both?

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

As a woman, I'm all for Celine.

 

Blogger The Whip said ... (2:28 PM) : 

celine woman all the way!

 

Blogger Kelley said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I see myself more in the Celine woman. Some of those coats and boots would definitely be something I'd wear. I can see the appeal of both the Celine and Louis Vuitton woman. I'm trying to add some of that undeniable femininity into my clothes. I just bought a dress a couple days ago that's got the same A-line silhouette of the LV dresses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I'm sorry gentlemen, but Louis looks like what's left of the late 50s and early 1960s. I have no interest in romanticizing that male-dominated, Leave-it-to-Beaver time. When I imagine what I want to look like on the street and at work it is entirely Celine. As a working woman, I don't want to look like your mother circa 1962 or someone's arts and crafts project.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I'm a Celine woman, for sure.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Celine all the way. I dont have anywhere fancy enough to be wearing the LV collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Oh God, I'd love to be the Celine woman! It's so sexy and full of independance:)

 

Blogger LE BLOG said ... (2:33 PM) : 

CELINE!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

I admire LV's romantic aesthetic but something draws me to the powerful Celine woman. It is that perhaps a woman COULD be drawn to Celine, for her allusion of power... and that is what women like men to think of, a strong, independent woman?

I don't think it is this black and white...Celine vs Louis? I'm more Marant! What do YOU think Scott?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:33 PM) : 

celine, head to toe!

 

Blogger Beth Lee said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Céline, Céline, Céline
Phoebe Philo...sublime!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

The Louis Vuitton woman by far, so feminine but powerful at the same time. But I do love the clean, modern look of the Celine.

 

Blogger Анастасия said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I' a woman and I choose LV.

 

Blogger Roxana Farahmand said ... (2:43 PM) : 

I'm a woman and I like both!! I can definitely see myself in the modern, sleek and chic Celine clothing, but I can definitely see myself in the romantic and flowing beauty of Louis Vuitton.

 

Anonymous thild said ... (2:44 PM) : 

so why do I have to chose? I dress both ways already....I like the harshness and sexy-ness of celine as much as I like the soft, retro sexy style of LV....so I dress both ways.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting