This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....At Thakoon, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 15, 2010

On the Street....At Thakoon, NYC

Comments on "On the Street....At Thakoon, NYC"

 

Blogger Eileen said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Molly?

 

Blogger MichaelBilyk said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I just wish i could see her clothing, but i guess that's the point.

 

Blogger C A said ... (4:56 PM) : 

She looks like Diane Pernet without the sunglasses + Lady Dior... completely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Beautiful.

 

Blogger OMNB said ... (4:57 PM) : 

beautiful. love her chin and eyes.

 

Blogger Miri said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Love the colour of her lipstick! And I guess that that's exactly the point!

 

Anonymous Brian said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Great portrait and very different from your other posts. Like it!

http://briancliffs.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous C. said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Hello , this is my first post ,
I admire your work a lot .
I love the shadows and the
intensity of this photo .

 

Blogger Cloud P. said ... (5:02 PM) : 

love lip colour.

 

Blogger chinchilla said ... (5:08 PM) : 

red lips against black nails...a femme fatale combination. i love it!

and i like a black background too.

 

Blogger My So Called Life said ... (5:10 PM) : 

love the picture and your site!!!!!!!!!

www.emidoodlesfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger My So Called Life said ... (5:11 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous coque said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Maybe are you more and more interested in portraits?

Would it be a natural step-forward?

Anyway it´s a stunning picture

 

Blogger brightlightsbigcity said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Very striking photo. I love the combination of the lipstick and nail polish.
http://watermelonfeet.blogspot.com

 

Blogger E said ... (5:14 PM) : 

i love that lipstick. beautiful photo

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger I'm Heraid said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Gorgeous picture and girl! The lighting is perfect and the feel of this picture is edgy yet romantic. SO LOVELY

 

Blogger Ditte, Dorte, Julie og Jeppe said ... (5:18 PM) : 

that red lipstick goes perfectly with her teint - she is stunning..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:20 PM) : 

The darkness is so appealing. The light that accentuates her left side in contrast to the right, especially her left eyebrow, is intriguining. DOPE!

http://jamaalcrowder.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (5:20 PM) : 

Her lips are lovely, not just the color but the shape too.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (5:22 PM) : 

Fabulous portrait. I am such a fan of red lipstick!

 

Blogger Francesca Robertson said ... (5:23 PM) : 

wow this pic is awesome. love the nails.

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

 

Blogger Laura said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Beautiful!!

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (5:25 PM) : 

oof I adore her hair...

 

Blogger Gon said ... (5:27 PM) : 

It's a great portrait !

xx,
www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Your experimentation with lighting is really showing well!

 

Blogger Thais said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Oh wow I love it when you take close ups... this one is gorgeous. I love her red lipstick and the lighting is very effective..

Love from CAlypso

http://fireworksinmyheart.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Elisa said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Love that photo

http://timetimetravelers.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Sophisticated Misfit said ... (5:36 PM) : 

I love what she's wearing.

Pietro

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Sultry!

 

Anonymous Marie-Eve said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Waow , just waow!

 

Blogger Cheryl Houston said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Seriously beautiful!

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (5:50 PM) : 

there seems to be some kind of trace of garance in this photo...

 

Blogger Fanny said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Amazing ! Love the contrast and the light on her face.

 

Blogger Daphne said ... (5:55 PM) : 

STUNNING photo

 

Blogger urbanlisten said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Her expression is amazing!

 

Blogger M said ... (6:07 PM) : 

I love the portrait.


Kind regards,
fashion abuse

 

Anonymous Nancy said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Wow. She's so alluring. Great photo.

 

Blogger manandboys said ... (6:32 PM) : 

perfect lightning. could be a cover of vogue.

manandboys.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Merle said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I am starting to feel guilty about giving my orange red (or should this be called red red?) lipstick to my friend a few weeks ago. I had bought this colour on a whim but later discovered I was too pale to wear it. I know, I know, this type of red should go with red hair and fair skin (and purple nails which are drying as I speak) but I felt it was not for me.
This picture shows off all these qualities in a good (dark) light. Ah, I wish I could make the red work like that on me!

 

Anonymous T H E F A T T A C K said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Amazing Thakoon!

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Her red lipstick, hair, and eyes look absolutely AMAZING. I am beginning to love your portraits.

 

Blogger Erica said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Stunning! As always a wonderful job!

www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

this photo took my breath away. scrolling down the page: first, the hair, then her luminescent skin, those gorgeous eyes, the black background, the shadows, then those amazing lips, and chin -- finally the piece de resistance, the hand. sigh!

 

Blogger CW said ... (7:23 PM) : 

That is a wonderful portrait photo.

 

Blogger Beware Milton said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Jaw-dropping photo. Great framing of the face.

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I always wish I could where red lipstick...my lips are too huge & I look like a clown though!

She looks gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Gene Wicker Jr said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Oh, WOW. Great contrast of her lipstick to face to everything else. LOVE the dark (black) nail polish too!

 

Anonymous NastaziaQ said ... (7:40 PM) : 

This face & creature is really AMAZING!The way you shoot her Scott, shows off the best & nothing less..!

Love NastaziaQ

 

Blogger Baron-Münchhausen said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Le Rouge et le Noir...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

OB$E$$EDDDD


love you added you on my blogroll xoxo daisyy

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Striking portrait.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

stunning.

 

Anonymous Mister B said ... (8:12 PM) : 

Your love of portraits is simply inspiring. Beautiful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:15 PM) : 

This is a wonderful photograph...It reminds me greatly of El Greco's painting "Nobleman With His Hand on His Chest" in the direct force of the gaze, the hand on the chest, the darkness of the clothes and background. I wonder if you had that in mind when you shot it?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:55 PM) : 

I love the fantasy of this shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Molly Ringwald?!

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (9:09 PM) : 

what a gorgeous photo! she is very intriguing....

 

Blogger Roxy Te said ... (9:20 PM) : 

WOW

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

Really really cool.

 

Blogger Carrie said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Long face, short hair, bold choice, perfect combo

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 PM) : 

Love her dark eyes.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:25 PM) : 

What's her name? Great portrait.

 

Blogger Copious Couture said ... (10:37 PM) : 

This is a gorgeous pictures!!! Love it!!

copiouscouture.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Prutha Raithatha said ... (10:50 PM) : 

this is a beautiful picture... very different from your other portraits ....

http://www.donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

I love your fashion blog so MUCH!! Please keep up the great posting. Oh, Ladies (and GUYS)! ALL the many fashion finds can be purchased at Gilt, a website I have just found. This is an insider thing that I just heard about! These clothes are up to 70% off. I'm just putting this out there, but go to my personal link for great runway finds: http://www.giltman.com/invite/mylink69942

OH! I get giddy telling people about this. Thanks for all your work thesartorialist!

 

Blogger DISCOFUNBATH said ... (11:06 PM) : 

DIANNA!
Beautiful as always.....
:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

The triangle of light on her cheek is very Rembrandt. Beautiful!

-mullé

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

I love love love this picture! I had to pause and really look at it when I saw it! It is such a great shot. So different and dramatic, she is just right for the picture. Your pictures have been great in the last couple of months. You don't seem to be satisfied and just keep reinventing and challenging yourself to capture increasingly interesting photos. Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

She reminds me of Eleanor Jackson from La Roux with her short, red-ish hair and the drama! Great shot!

 

Anonymous Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Is orange lipstick the new big thing? Anyway, I like it!

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (1:10 AM) : 

This took my breath away!

 

Blogger Joshua Logan said ... (1:11 AM) : 

Makes me think of Egon Schiele.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 AM) : 

wow when a looked at the pic my breath was held! very nice, the picture i would lika to have taken!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's Ashleigh di Lello who was on So You Think You Can Dance

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (2:40 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Runway reviews said ... (2:53 AM) : 

beautiful red lip stick, she has a powerful face!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 AM) : 

Hi!
Really gorgeous portrait but I am wondering if this is Ashley from So You Think You Can Dance. Looks an awful lot like her.

 

Blogger San said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Wow, great picture. And the expression on her face. Just wow.

 

Blogger Diane said ... (3:28 AM) : 

Deep look...

 

Blogger Gina Marie said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Gotta know what that lipstick color/brand is, anyone else?

 

Anonymous Rachelle said ... (4:51 AM) : 

This picture is só beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 AM) : 

This is beautiful - incredibly striking.

 

Anonymous Sara said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Gorgeous gorgeous! Love the photo ( beautifully eye-catching and so simple and chic) , love the gorg face, J'adore the lippie colour- I want!!

Sara

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (7:20 AM) : 

two words: beautiful portrait

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (7:37 AM) : 

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL PORTRAIT!!!

of amazingly beautiful woman! Her face / makepu is just to fall in love!
Great photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 AM) : 

beautiful shot... its so mysterious... i love the black on black... with the striking red lipstick. its an instant classic! I think i know this girl... isnt she the stylist who also works for amarcord? my all time favourite italian vintage store in nyc?

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (7:57 AM) : 

So strange but she looks like Brittany Murphy. Love the contrasting colors.

 

Anonymous Carole said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Stunning portrait.

 

Blogger preppygoesrock said ... (8:14 AM) : 

she is gorgeuous! seriously stunning with the red lipstick!

check my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Stunning! As I dress myself this morning for a new job, I am utterly inspired by this shot. What a lovely young women, what a glorious face. I'm kind of sorry now that I toned down my nail color yesterday for the first day at work. Thats okay, I'm going with tone on tone of blacks and grays with a marvelous houndstooth check cashmere scarf in all the above colors with a bit of cream thrown in. Then a simply incredible necklace with large chunks of lucite and silver to finish things off. Hope this does the job. Maybe all black is the way to go? Hmmmmm.

 

Blogger María said ... (8:28 AM) : 

One of your best pictures, in my opinion.I can't stop looking at it.

 

Blogger alice said ... (8:38 AM) : 

beautiful shot!

 

Blogger La Boss said ... (8:44 AM) : 

This is a wonderful photo! Everything about it is beautiful and intriguing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:20 AM) : 

what a wonderful shot, love the light

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Stunning!!

Love the lighting.

 

Blogger Nomad. said ... (10:29 AM) : 

beautifully put together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

This is the look I strive for. She is stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

the skin!!

 

Blogger Alice said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Breathtaking..She is so beautiful!I love the red lipstick!

 

Blogger Lulu said ... (11:38 AM) : 

sometimes it's all about the little splash of colour. beautiful, beautiful shade of red. the soft eyepencil is a nice touch.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Beautiful portrait. I love the expression and the red lips! xo


www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Graham I. Haynes said ... (1:22 PM) : 

You saw this woman "On the Street"!?
I need to change streets.

suckmysavvy.com

 

Blogger SaraKateSwan said ... (2:09 PM) : 

What an incredible portrait. You caught something special here...

http://www.beautifulstreets.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Panache said ... (2:15 PM) : 

So I see that orange-red lipstick is in. What happens if your teeth are not so white??

 

Blogger Miss Cross said ... (2:29 PM) : 

She looks terrificly misterious!

 

Blogger Maria Ana said ... (6:24 PM) : 

Oh wow!...my chin just dropped...

 

Blogger Sandra said ... (7:35 PM) : 

fierce .

http://madame-chic.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Gorgeous picture. The lipstick color looks awesome on her. Too bad I can pull such a color off.

 

Blogger Julie Chen said ... (11:06 PM) : 

I love Dianna:)

 

Anonymous Alexis said ... (7:38 AM) : 

Great picture! That lipstick is a fab colour. 'So Chaud' by Mac is very similar... Love the blog x

http://brightonstylememos.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger miss twinkletoes said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Just beautiful! And those red lips!

www.twinkletoes-golddangles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Those orange red lips will get you, like Chanel midnight red. Dig it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Similar to the shot you did of Brooklyn Sudano a while back...
I like when you work in these type of environments very much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Oh my goodness... one word... GORGEOUS!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

This is an amazing photo. The shadows really capture her strong jaw-line, prominent nose, and piercing eyes.

 

Blogger Amber said ... (11:55 PM) : 

Fellas watch out! Here's a girl that will steal your soul.

 

Blogger markhed said ... (3:46 AM) : 

is it me or does this beautiful woman remind me of Jennifer Garner? I could be way off base here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

This is like a post modern evolution of film noir... beautiful!

 

Blogger billyflowers said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Just learn of you from the 'Treatment'
awesome outlook and attitude, thanks for giving me new perspective.
Do you edit these or are they 'raw'?

Thus is a SERIOUS shot!!! Love it!

 

Anonymous Cléa said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I have been watching your blog for a few months i guess, and haven't commented yet, even though I really love and appreciate te pictures you take. I don't know what it is exactly in this picture that amazes me so much... but I just find this one perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

she looks exactly like Johanna from The Stylist!
breath taking!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting