This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Kid's Alright

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The Kid's Alright

Thanks everyone for your sincere responses to yesterday's "grace" post. It's one of the posts I'm most proud of and it didn't even have a photograph. Hmmm...maybe I really have to work on this writing thing a bit more.

Anyway, to bring this discussion full circle, I received this email from my 11 year old yesterday written in giant pink letters.

"hi its me, izzy. u told me 2 send u an email asking u 2 send me pics so cool. yea...
love you...
izzy
*i did the big font just 4 u! "

Well, my kids might need help with "please" and "thank you" but they're on the right track for gracefulness.

Comments on "The Kid's Alright"

 

Anonymous Masa said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Hi, I'm an university student in Japan. I really thank you for writing very interesting blog everyday.
I'm not good at speaking English, but reading your blog has became my daily routine because of your lovely sentences and beautiful pictures.
I'm looking forward to next one. Thank you.

 

Blogger April Kam said ... (9:05 AM) : 

adorable! :)

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Like father, like son...

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (9:11 AM) : 

You said yourself its the little things! *I did the big font just 4 u!* definitely falls in that category!

 

Blogger C A said ... (9:12 AM) : 

LOL That sentence looks like an egiptian code

 

Anonymous moi aussi said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Haha, sweet. The big font remark is precious! :)

 

Blogger Charles said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Please do keep up the writing! Your photography is ok too...

 

Blogger jolie jamie said ... (9:31 AM) : 

So cute!
The early teen years! watch out!
:)

 

Anonymous Nadine2point0 said ... (9:48 AM) : 

We have an 11 year-old daughter as well and we, too, catch ourselves measuring the success of good parenting by the Pls and Thx but these types of little moments put it all in perspective, don't they?

 

Anonymous Vittoria said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I sent my dad your post of Mr. Barbera, and told him how it reminded me of what he regards as "style". He thanked me for thinking of him while looking at the millions of style photos I look at a day. The little things are it! And I thank you for being the little big thing that makes my day everyday!

 

Blogger Rose. said ... (10:00 AM) : 

So sweet !
Thank you for sharing !

 

Blogger serendipity76 said ... (10:57 AM) : 

It was one of the most delicious pieces of text I have read from you! And believe me, I read them all.

I particularly like the part that says: "It doesn't matter who you're lovin', it's how you're lovin'!"

Thank you Scott! Expecting to have you in Greece soon!

Salutations

 

Blogger LacyLady said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Ah! The 'big font' remark!...It's hearing those little things that make me want to be a mum!

Thanks for your 'A Graceful Man' post, it was perfect. I sent it to my husband and told him it reminded me of him.

 

Anonymous Marie BCN said ... (11:52 AM) : 

So cute !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Hahaha..so cute!

 

Blogger Caroline Lindsey said ... (1:06 PM) : 

It's probably been said, and perhaps it's a little "graceless" of me, but I don't have the heart to search through hundreds of comments to see if my point has been made, SO with that warning....

I just had to make the observation that your posts have gotten chattier and more soul-baring the more time you've spent with Garance. I noticed it even before these manners and grace posts, but they just cemented the connection.

Sweet to see she's rubbing off on you :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

How cute is that! :-) I love getting messages like that from my kids to... My son, who just learned how to write, wrote a birthday card to his great grandmother the other day. He kindly congratulated her with her "80th or 81th" birthday, without caring that he had no idea how old she really is (he was just guessing) and her birthday was not until several months ahead. But he really meant it well - it´s just the kindness of it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

This is lovely...A caveat. My kids get pretty upset when with the best intentions I post things they've said or done on my blog or in an article. I've decided there are lots of other things I can draw on than their sense of privacy. However, this may not be an issue in your family. All the best!!

PS. your blog has helped me tune in to the visual grace of people around me...I notice details more. (Even here in Philly we have sartorialists). The world is one huge complicated ball of color.

 

Anonymous Qui said ... (2:10 PM) : 

ha! when I have a girl i'm going to name her Izzy too. The world needs more Izzys :D

 

Blogger T said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Your previous post on grace and this particular post put a smile on my face! So thank you! At least some people get it :)

You really should write more on your blog, I think I speak for most of us when I say we would all eagerly read your posts :)

Just don't stop posting photos :p

-Natashia

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:30 PM) : 

I did not know you had a child! I enjoy you now, yet from another perspective ... father.

 

Blogger La chica said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Charming smile...

 

Blogger bonneyboys said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I know it may be old fashioned, but I do remind my 4 boys to say "please" and "thank you" each and every time, but I will say we get comments every time we're out at a restaurant b/c they are very gentlemanly and sweet. My 3 year old has just begun to say "I love you SOOO much, Mama" of his own volition which is enough to melt my heart...I hope they're all still saying it even when they're 11 and older!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Love you mean a lot more then thank you, no?

 

Blogger San said ... (3:44 PM) : 

aaah, so sweet. The trouble years with them are right in front of you.

Cheers

 

Blogger SarahELizand said ... (4:47 PM) : 

The little thing in life are definitely worth appreciating. =D
I just remembered a story.I was 13 (now 16)during an art camp I went to, a friend had one of those plastic trucks that kids under 6 could rid. Any who we waited outside for some other people to come out the building and decided to ride the truck down the ramp. As we had a blast doing it, an old man came along and said something along the lines of "appreciate while you can." he might have added being young and what not. After he said that riding that plastic truck made it all the more sweeter. Maybe it's not like saying "please" and thank you" but being reminded that your still a kid in a grown up world, keeps me grounded. I think its those reminders that keep me appreciating life all the more.

 

Anonymous Em said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Daughters are delicious! At 13 mine still sends me some sweet messages - and some of them in real English!!

 

Blogger arjayD said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Hi I'm Arjay from the Philippines.

i just want to tell you that we, Filipinos, are also known for our courtesy. i think you should try studying the Filipino culture of courtesy.

And oh, i am big fan of your blog.

More power!

 

Blogger Diane said ... (3:40 AM) : 

How sweet is that?

 

Blogger DR said ... (5:37 AM) : 

i love your photos/blog. and your comments -- ou are such a kind and thoughtful soul.
this may be very nosy...but can we see a pic of your loved ones?

also, i am confused with all the different locations...do you really travel that much all the time? can you tell us about your work a bit more?

 

Blogger AnAzevedo said ... (7:29 AM) : 

what a lovely person!

 

Anonymous Pia...Milano said ... (10:13 AM) : 

How cute is that note to "Papa". Sart, I have noticed you have become this gorgeous polite and caring guy .Perhaps you always were & Garance just brought it out. Whatever the case your posts are a delight to read. Thank you& please write more....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

"i did the big font just 4 u!" WAS the "thank you" i think! haha. and in a way, it's even better :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

It is obvious that you love your children!!!!
And they too, love you..
Do not forget that in the end it does not matter how we dressed but how well we loved and had connections...

SPEND TIME WITH THE ONES WE LOVE.even when it hurts because we would rather be pursueing our dreams....


xxoo
Melissa

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 AM) : 

Love the writing, especially the "grace" entry.... Sometimes we forget to remember all the little things, because we are trying to catch up with our day. I just wanted to say that this blog, is like one of those little things for all the readers. It's so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Appreciated your Grace Post the other day. Reminded me that my first interest in fashion had to do with how I carried myself, how I behaved towards others, and how I wished to be portrayed. Clothes and accessories came later.

Thanks. And your writing is wonderful! You should do more of it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting