This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....The Chef, Rivington St.,NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, November 02, 2009

On the Street....The Chef, Rivington St.,NYC

Comments on "On the Street....The Chef, Rivington St.,NYC"

 

Blogger RECIEN LLEGADA said ... (10:17 AM) : 

ABSOLUTAMENTE PERFECT¡
THIS IS THE AUTHENTIC GLAMOUR¡
Kisses from Madrid
DELIA

 

Blogger toffee_apple said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I don't like the fox.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

that's right. she looks amazing.

 

Blogger JouJou Loves You said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Could do without the fox head.....

 

Blogger najee said ... (10:22 AM) : 

her stole is OOC!!!

www.tresfraisnajee.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Barbora said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Simply divine. And I love her cheek colour!

barboradudinska.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:26 AM) : 

Talk about tongue-in-chic! Love my fashion with a twist of wit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

uh oh. prepare for an influx of fur haters. :s

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (10:35 AM) : 

oh my, she is beautiful and So feminine. I love it - including the old fox around her shoulders.

 

Blogger Singapore Short Stories said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Oh so lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Beautiful photo...love the bike. But argh, that stole...no good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Finally!!!!! A real woman with some HIPS!!!!
Sexy as hell and she knows it. Good for her.

However I don't approve of the way she is carrying her "Pet". lol

Gladman

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

She is beautiful, I love the color in her cheeks. I don't normally have such a visceral reaction to fur but here it is too much. I really could do without the fox. It grossed me out in an over the top "I wear fur for fashion" statement... ugh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

so ro-man-tic !!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Luke 1977 said ... (10:48 AM) : 

If that a scarf

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of fox muffler :( but I really like her bike! I have similar :)

 

Anonymous Elaine said ... (10:51 AM) : 

How can she ride a bike with high heel shoes and a tight skirt? Amazing! Love the composition of the photo - her cheeks matching the building on the left, her skirt matching the graffiti on the right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

hmm...the fox might be unnecessary, no?

Otherwise, beautiful!

 

Blogger !Tb0n3! said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Hmm, I'm OK with real fur and all, but the fox head (fake I hope) is a bit too much I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

just a quick note before the influx of fur comments: Please remember that all leather based goods are animal skins. I bet almost everyone that reads the Sartorialist owns products that come from animal skins such as shoes, belts, wallets, bags, etc..

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (11:02 AM) : 

She looks really good and the fox fur really works well for her.

Although she might wanna lose the fox's head. I like fur, but this seems tacky to me.

Let's grow up later

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I agree with Jou Jou the head is a little weired to me...however I really like the fur color and the way it wraps...Great means of transportation!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

The photo is nice, just like all otherphotos posted here, but ... I come from a country where people normally wear fur, because it is so very cold in the winter but fox's head on the shoulders is too much even for me... unless the lady hunted it herself... :-) this is just my opinion !

 

Blogger Frogette said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I love the fox! Very vintage. I'm sure it's been dead a long time and she's putting it to good use.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (11:03 AM) : 

She looks great, and the fox looks incredibly chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

She looks so great! I think the fur is ok, and I love that she rides the bike wearing high heels.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Brilliant. You find the most incredibly stylish people.

 

Anonymous all-in-the-silhouette said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Now, there's a fox!

(And the young woman is pretty, though riding that bike with those heels doesn't show a good deal of sense. Hope she wasn't going far.

 

Blogger Lucas Jones said ... (11:11 AM) : 

oooooo the fox is terriffffff

http://www.lucasjonesart.blogspot.com

 

Blogger agatiszka said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Such a stylish biker!!

agatiszka.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Mikey McFly™ said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Nice photo but that fox... egads!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

it's so post war france. I love it, I'm not a fur person but believe that it's a personal choice, or we'd have vegeterians stuffing broccoli down our throats!! Democracy people!!!
Back to the look, she pulls it off wonderfully well and shows a lot of charisma.

 

Anonymous HW90 said ... (11:26 AM) : 

That fox is crazy.

 

Blogger J. Magdalena said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Whadda woman! And props to her for being able to ride a bike in that hip hugging skirt. She looks absolutely fantastic. AND she's a chef? This girl has to fight them off, I'm sure.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Well. She is certainly making a statement. It's not often that true fashion insanity is captured on this blog!

And if she, the chef, whipped that fox up for last night's dinner party then kudos to her for using every part of the animal.

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (11:33 AM) : 

LOVE HER DRESS. BTW WHATS ON HER NECK?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Gorgeous. I love people that understand fur and wear it the way it's ment to be: extravagant, fearless and selfish. It's that decadent self-indulging attitude that people seem to rebel against these days. IN YOUR FACE GLAMOUR. She even has a Marlene Dietrich-ish expression going on that wraps up the whole look.

 

Blogger rebelglam said ... (11:44 AM) : 

i love the morbidity of the fox. it's old school glamour, it's not like she killed it herself with an eyeliner pen!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

She cooked the fox?

 

Anonymous nomenclature said ... (11:49 AM) : 

In the words of Roger Sterling "I don't know who's eyes I should be looking at."

 

Anonymous whereisthecool said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Foxes fur was the first post on whereisthecool.blogspot.com !!!!!

WHEREISTHECOOL.BLOGSPOT.COM

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I like the look, without the fox head...

 

Anonymous Dani said ... (11:55 AM) : 

hmmm... that fur is a really pretty color for her but i'm not sure i like how the head and feet are still attached to the fur. she literally has a fox wrapped around her neck and it looks a little odd.

 

Blogger Ste said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I like the color of the skirt which I think looks great with the orange of the fox.
I'm not against furs, but the legs and the head of the fox are too "distracting".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

hope the fox is vintage (that's really the only way you could justify the look).

but wow, love her 'vintage' figure (& I mean that in a good way)-her body looks amazing-the hips are SEXY...

 

Anonymous Maranda said ... (12:09 PM) : 

The fox is maybe what makes the look so glamourous but also kind of creepy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

love the pale color her dress. mixed feelings about the funky fox. (Is there a scarf that would have a similar color-balancing effect?)

classic looking bike, though.

 

Blogger jezebel adams said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I absolutely LOVE the fox... so glamorous.

 

Blogger CAYA F said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I hope it is faux fox. The color suits her very well though. But for her and the fox's sake - let's hope it is fake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

i love roger sterling. great quote. i cant decide if i love it or hate it, but it's getting a reaction out of me. i love her shoes.

 

Blogger Tailoverteakettle said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I have a rabbit fur collar (with no head attached) on a coat of mine, and I quite enjoy wearing it. This woman looks lovely, but I seriously have the heebie jeebies looking at her. No way I could ever wear a head anywhere near my neck that wasn't mine!

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Audacious.

Bodacious.

Vivacious.

 

Anonymous Katya said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I have a similar stole from my grandmother. I never wear it out of fear of receiving uninvited attention or getting splashed red paint, but it is draped over a loveseat in my house and always gets a rise out of people.
Hers definitely looks vintage and helps her look hearken old fashioned glamour and romance. Furthermore, it would be sad if the animal's life went to waste to only be used for a few year when instead here it has certainly been used for decades. It looks gorgeous here, especially with the color of her hair, cheeks and dress.
For those who have similar such furs they swear never to wear, many animal shelters accept old furs to be used as bedding for young animals because its resemblance to their mother comforts them.

 

Blogger Mofoo said ... (12:27 PM) : 

In a word: HOT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Daring. Love it.

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (12:32 PM) : 

lovely photo on the bike!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Badass, contrary, feminine, tongue-in-cheek given her profession, amazing. This woman goes to the butcher shop, wears leather shoes and drapes vintage fox arond her neck with impunity. Love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Whatever your feelings about foxes (and I find the idea of a headless stole even creepier!), she's truly a sartorialist. I would say she knows exactly what look she's aiming for, and that she hit it exactly -- there is not one thing amiss. She wears the fox with a very appropriate hauteur that does it credit, and on a bicycle no less.

The anti-fur people had a point years ago when there was this giant industry breeding poor animals in horrible conditions and simultaneously convincing women that the ultimate proof of a man's adoration was some piece of fur. But now, when nearly all fur seen on the streets has been dead for 40 years or so, I think it's time to put the paint cans back in the garage.

 

Blogger MOD PAUL said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Someone help she's being attacked by a FOX!!!!

 

Blogger Beauty Is Diverse said ... (12:51 PM) : 

the fox scarf looks nice.

 

Blogger GFS said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Okay, that thing scares me:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Vintage fur is totally an ethical option as far as I'm concerned, and that stole looks quite old. Better worn and enjoyed then thrown away.

Especially worn with such wit, bravado and elegance. Kudos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

She looks like street theatre in that stole, I love it.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Oh my goodness! What a character. I want her to be my friend.

She looks like she has a story to tell.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

The shape and stance of her body, the rouge, the way she is defiantly staring directly into the camera seemingly challenging anyone to question what she is wearing or doing, reminds me of the photos of Eugene Atget. (Yes I am talking about the photos he took of Parisian prostitutes, of course not saying that is the case here. Just can't help but draw a parallel.)

 

Blogger heidiaddisonhem said ... (1:05 PM) : 

very charming!

I just wish the fur would come from a nicer place..
Although her fox is probably is old, the use of fur strikes me as naive statement, knowing what we (should) do about the industry. Don't have to be a vegetarian to realise that..

 

Blogger mikey said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I don't think it is faux.... in fact, when the fox saw this little hot number riding down the street I'm pretty sure he sacrificed himself... I mean, wouldn't you?

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (1:09 PM) : 

There is nothing sexier than a woman on a bike. Or should I say "foxier?"

http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I love her!! I want to marry her!! Give her my number it's

 

Blogger rhai♥laborte said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Love the fur!

KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

fox? seriously ?!

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (1:25 PM) : 

all-in-the-silhoutte - what would you have her do - change to tennis-shoes?
What is this attitude that when you are going to ride your bike you should wear something "sporty". The bike for many people is their form of transportation....if they need to go someplace and they are wearing heels they go on the bike wearing heels. Simple as that.

 

Anonymous jennyfish said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Fur stoles used to always have the head attached. My grandmother had a muskrat stole similar to this, but there were two heads.

 

Blogger Hek said ... (1:28 PM) : 

That dead animal really turns me off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Even though it's kind of sick that she's wearing a full animal, I love the overall look. I wish it was faux though...poor fox.

 

Anonymous Betina said ... (1:36 PM) : 

If "understanding fur" means liking to wear a corpse around your neck, then you're right, I don't understand fur.

Otherwise a good look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

CHAOS REIGNS

(Come on ... no one thought of it?)

 

Anonymous Sharon said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Yikes! The fox is distracting.

 

Blogger KellyDove said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Very brave! A little creepy for me, but she rocks it, for sure & it works. I agree with a lot of other people-the next thing I noticed were her cheeks. Love the color, they look great! I would love to try that myself.

kcstreetstyle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (2:14 PM) : 

love the bike!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I like the look but it is a bit like roadkill.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Im against real fur, but love everything else!

 

Blogger misshannie said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Love the bike. Love the shoes. However I'm just not getting the bag (it's too plain) and the dress just looks too frumpy in my opinion. And, whilst i normally don't mind fur, I think the fox's head is a little too much.

However she's a very pretty lady :) this just isn't my favourite outfit.

blueskiesanddaffodils.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Tomma said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Wow, the picture really seems to transport some of her personality!
The fox suits the look, but it looks... still too much like a fox for my taste.

 

Anonymous liz h said ... (3:03 PM) : 

have been watching for a few months and feel compelled to write comment for this one...this lady is great! who needs to look at fashion magazines when there are such specimens on the street! good on you!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

CHAOS REIGNS!

 

Anonymous Mr V. said ... (3:39 PM) : 

lovely fur!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

what a beautiful figure, so curvaceous, feminine

what a woman, so daring, elegant

what a fox, so orange, furry

 

Blogger Morena said ... (4:09 PM) : 

Preferia que a raposa fosse falsa.

 

Anonymous amyalisa said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Interesting fox...
What is the curled up bit of it under her chin, and the thing sticking out? Looks suspicously like a leg, but surely not...

I like her blusher!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

foxy lady

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

is that oona from nyu?

 

Anonymous Ave said ... (4:29 PM) : 

Her clothes (even the fox), her bike, her dress are all amazing, but you know it's her face that makes this an amazing picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Va-va-voom! Her face and shape are profound...she looks luscious in that dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I love this look, fox head and all. Her cheek color is so inspiring!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:40 PM) : 

So glam! Not a fan of the fox head though...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I'm in the anti-fur camp, but that's been covered here.

My only original comment: She looks exactly like the young Carol Kane (the actress).

 

Blogger The Blasphemous Fiendess said ... (5:40 PM) : 

I can never condone wearing a sacrificed animal, but she looks beautiful otherwise. I personally can't bring myself to sacrifice safety for style. Where I live, bicycle helmets are the law.

 

Blogger Julia Bolchakova said ... (5:52 PM) : 

This is very cool but i think she's missing a little hat!

 

Anonymous Ra said ... (6:03 PM) : 

This could be an amazing painting but it is difficult for me tolerate it as a photography

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

She has a gorgeous figure. Love it. Eye candy.

Pietro

 

Blogger Elsa said ... (6:39 PM) : 

some true fur glamour :

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036/3060373687_42cba6dfdf.jpg

or this!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/Platform_Launch_Action/Random/ad-persia.jpg

lachonsnous.blosgpot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Wow~! I love it so much~!

www.graceinstitute.org

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

What would Fantastic Mr Fox say about this? Is she Mrs Bean?

 

Blogger Ash said ... (7:07 PM) : 

oh no the fox head :(
its too much ....
i absolutely love fur...but the head is just too much...

 

Blogger lenmeister said ... (7:18 PM) : 

She's FABULOUS in so many ways words alone fail to convey how dazzling this really woman is in the picture. Albeit, I vouch there is a handful of animal activists out there who this WILL shock lol her fox is tout a fait chic! And she wears it well. Ah yes those seductive hips and that dainty visage are to die for! I would willingly dine at her restaurant, her cuisine can only be as exquisite. Kudos Schumann

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

CONTROVERSY

 

Anonymous grizzlesnort said ... (7:47 PM) : 

I love the contrast with the photo below. Paris after the war and Paid on 2010. You got them both and spot on.

 

Blogger Blade said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Great Bicycle Chic

Blade
http://theurbanvogue.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Shelley Noble said ... (8:25 PM) : 

Sheer style. I don't mind the fox. It's obviously vintage and loooong dead. Why not utilize it rather than waste it. I wouldn't wear one but it looks fitting on this beautiful woman.

 

Blogger Joshua Logan said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Very Bold, can't help but notice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

There is something wistful and ethereal about this girl. She looks like she stepped out of a story by D.H. Lawrence, or William Faulkner.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 PM) : 

wow!! Love the Fox!! So glamourous!!!

 

Blogger GBT said ... (9:25 PM) : 

My wife and I agree that we like this entire photograph. We enjoy the blush, the fox (in it's entirety) and especially the expression. It says, I am completely comfortable in my own skin.

We could not however resist the opportunity to point out the irony of bicycling roadkill.

We know that this is a poor attempt at humor, but hey, it's daylight savings...

 

Anonymous marikomariko said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I love the composition of the bike. The front wheel looks like it's going to come out from the picture. Your photographs always amaze me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

That fox is gorgeous. I'm intensely jealous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

looks good, but none of it makes too much sense.

 

Anonymous Michelle said ... (9:58 PM) : 

I am a vegetarian and do not wear fur. However, I am shocked by the hypocrisy here--so many people are concerned about the fox head and feet still being attached to this (I assume) vintage stole, yet they wouldn't be bothered by other fur or leather clothing (and probably eat animal flesh). I think the head and feet make one respect that it is an animal that has died in order to be worn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

she is so adorable and refreshing. great post.

 

Anonymous John M. Doyle said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Scott, this reminds me of a shot that I saw long ago (possibly Bill Brandt's work, though, I'm not certain of that) of a woman during the London of the Blitz (btw, the bicycle and the street lamp in the background were the triggering props for the memory)-utterly unflappable, and losing none of her inherent dignity in spite of all the chaos surrounding her. I am delighted to see this post, and even though the animal heads will surely be a bit disconcerting to some, it was quite common during the 1930s and '40s to see them. Bravo to this woman for having the moxie and elan to assemble such a great retro outfit.

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (11:37 PM) : 

lots of good arguments for and against fur.. i totally see both sides.. i just wouldn't like the idea of the creepy head on my shoulder.. so i'm going to have to vote against the fox scarf..

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (11:38 PM) : 

PS: i don't think her outfit would be anything special without the scarf.. such a catch 58 or 59 or 49, whatever it is

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

I'm loving the fact that she has hips, how refreshing!.
And I really like her dress, it makes me think of sea foam.

 

Anonymous zernike said ... (11:43 PM) : 

I love her...such a "lady", beautiful, feminine, real...and on her way to somewhere interesting. I'd love to know...

 

Anonymous duncan said ... (11:45 PM) : 

Wonderful! superfantastic she's the fox!

 

Blogger jesse.anne.o said ... (12:01 AM) : 

Just for the record, I read The Sartorialist and I don't wear leather, suede, wool, angora, et al, in response to the previous poster. So, I'm assuming there are others as well and your point that those who post anti-fur comments here are hypocritical might not be 100% true. Maybe mostly true - but not 100%.

* for full disclosure I have one wool a.cheng red houndstooth jacket until it's worn out and then that's it

 

Blogger andrea said ... (1:07 AM) : 

from some other time - from some other place....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 AM) : 

она реально на веле на каблуках?
лиса , кончено, карисва, но..мне жаль её очень..лису.я бы не рискнула

 

Blogger Spardha Malik said ... (2:32 AM) : 

that better not be real fur!! ohh
but she looks so great.. nice curves :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

LOVE love love the fox,

way to go lady! If you want to wear dead animals (as most of us do) then that's the way to go. Arrogant, decadent and provocative. No apologies.

Wonderful face too, and oh that silhouette!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:11 AM) : 

WONDERFUL!! I love it especially the fox which as others have noted adds wonderful vintage old school glamor and a bit of irony to the look. I always prefer whole fur stoles (ones were the whole animal is skinned) worn with country tweeds but it looks wonderful on her as she wears it with humor. I am surprised people are surprised to see a woman wearing high heels riding a bike. it is a common site here in Europe.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:27 AM) : 

Actually it's less hard to bike in heels than it is to walk in them

just saying

I love the stole btw

 

Blogger Trudi for dolls jewels said ... (6:07 AM) : 

I can read that many of the comments here are against the fox around her neck. Many of you doesnt understeand it. Mabye you dont know it, but in the past time it was normall to wear it like this. Im not the "fur for fashion" but i just underteand it. I come from the czech republic and i know that we have a very cold winter. In many households it was normal that womens have had fox scarf made like this and it was (and still is for me) a very chic and luxurious-like way of being dressed. Nowadays nearly noone wears it so in many cases this things just lays somewhere in the storage and noone cares of them. but i think its a pitty. I have got the same as this one on the photo from my grandmother, we have made a new silk-lining for it and i love to wear it. Very chic. And look sometimes at some old movies. All the chic and elegant womens in the 30ś and so used to wear some fur collar.

 

Blogger EMPEROR OF MANCUNIA said ... (6:38 AM) : 

Oh Yes - She is fantastic - and so is the Fantastic Mr fox !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 AM) : 

FABULOUS!
Work it, girl.

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:27 AM) : 

I wear leather... in the past (no longer however) I've had a fur... but having the entire animal around your neck to me is way over the top. Its not remotely feminine, it detracts from this entire look. I'd say she seriously wanted to make a statement because one can't really dress and look in the mirror and see an entirely whole dead animal around their neck and not know they are making a very clear statement. With that statement she lost me, otherwise she would have looked oh so feminine to me.

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (9:02 AM) : 

.....This is one of the sexiest women I've seen here for a while. The fox who perished long before the fur haters posting here were even thought of, looks great. And so does the bike. One would like to have a martini with her.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (9:08 AM) : 

TOTALLY AMAZING. THE FUR IS KILLIN ME .
LOVE IT!









CHICMUSE

http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Juan Manuel Trejo Sánchez said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Besides the fox head, finally, a woman with HIPS in this blog!

I feel this is the natural beauty cannon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

This is old world glamour at its best. Glorious to see those shapely thighs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Oh my gosh so fabulous in so many ways. First, the photo is genius - brilliant background, placement, love the bike. Love her stance, her gorgeous hips, her dress, the patent shoes, the hauteur as someone else said with which she wears the fur. This is true sartorialism. And I wish people would give it up about the fur. I remember when I was a little girl my step-father reminded me that animals die and suffer cruelly in nature. This fur is long-dead. Fur keeps those of us who live in perilously frigid climates warm. This lady wears a - long dead - animal with the finesse it deserves. Love, love, love. And bring back this kind of figure. Please. True, unadulterated gorgeousness.

 

Anonymous Jennifer-Rose said ... (12:02 PM) : 

People, most likely the stole is vintage 1930s or 40s at the latest. It is quite unusual to find a full fox stole made today.

 

Blogger Anais said ... (12:11 PM) : 

sartorialism

1. an interest in matters of or relating to the tailoring of clothing.

As soon as I saw the fox I knew that a lot of people was going to complain about the fox. Although I am against fur, I am not going to complain about it, not because I liked it but because everyone decides what to wear and what to like.

What is funny is that someone said or implied that wearing fur is true sartorialism...duuuuuuumb!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:21 PM) : 

It's a bit of wartime Paris in the present-day Big Apple.

Costumey, in a good way. But what threw me off initially was the rouge on her cheeks. A bit much. All the rest of her accoutraments are working. She went over-board with the blush.

 

Blogger Johanna och Tove said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Poor fox................
But I like the rest of the outfit!

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (1:05 PM) : 

The fox is giving me the creeps! By no means am I saying she shouldn't wear fur (leave that to PETA), I'm just saying for me it detracts from the photo because it's all I focus on - shudder! That said, I love that she's all dolled up and going about town on a bike - now that's kewl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 PM) : 

There's a Spanish saying that goes "40 zorras para vestir a una". Well, in English I suppose we could say "one fox to dress another" and it wouldn't be too far from the truth either...

 

Anonymous YYZ said ... (3:17 PM) : 

OH MY GOD! She rocks! She rocks the skirt, the dead fox, the bicycle, the make-up, the hair! Fantastic. Anyone who can pull off wearing that fox stole with this much glamour and make it work for daytime is a goddess. No, seriously-- a GODDESS!

 

Blogger WilliamGranberryPRBLOG said ... (3:47 PM) : 

I don't mind fur necessarily, its just the intact head that freaks me out.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:05 PM) : 

love the fox, I have a silver tip fox I wear in the winter.

 

Anonymous AllieR said ... (4:56 PM) : 

The color palette is really beautiful, it's toned down but it still POPS! I like the fox, but I'd rather see it hopping through the forest... :-( It reminds me of the scene from The Duchess when Kiera Knightley is wearing the fox for the Fox lobby - also a very beautiful color palette. Maybe that orange is just the right color to add spice to an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

@ya-ya, most dictionaries I looked up have a second definition related to clothing in general. And himself reguarly features portraits of subjects without a stitch of tailoring about them. I'm sticking by it, thanks.

 

Anonymous Anna said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Come to the Netherlands, everyone (at least most women and in Amsterdam sometimes a man) wears heels when they ride their bike! Also tight skirts, or even formal evening wear. Why should that be a problem? Green energy!

 

Anonymous Spiffy in a jiffy... said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Simply gorgeous.

Love; Rosy cheeks, eyes, stockings and hips (especially hips!).

Like; Dress, hair, shoes, biking.

Don't like; Fox (because it's too much and not for Peta reasons.).

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (7:10 PM) : 

AnonymousJK said...

......The photo is about her not you

 

Anonymous Oonagh said ... (10:57 PM) : 

Love it.
I have a stole just like this, head and little feet. It was my great aunt's - totally normal in those days.
I must go look for it, I had forgotten about it.

 

Blogger Sofia & Flo said ... (11:13 PM) : 

I usually like fur, but the head... Rox & rouky... Do you remember that cartoon?
What I do admire is that she is on her bike wearing heels!

 

Anonymous Lincoln Clarkes said ... (11:37 PM) : 

In London at night if you are walking home late, you are most sure to see a lovely fox out looking for food. I like her style she has fashion guts to wear what she feels...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

This is one look I never expected to see on this side of the pond. Most of my aunts in Europe have fox furs with the head and feet attached, and this look seems quite Italian to me. A lovely young lady.

 

Blogger Ola said ... (2:38 AM) : 

Beautiful picture, totally not like in 2009!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

Although the animal head freaks me out a bit I must say that the fox MAKES this outfit happen.

Why hate it???

I absolutely love it - in an anonymous way of course.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (8:14 AM) : 

so many great comments - love it when a photo gets people talking.
I think she is truely beautiful and the photo so evocative - I can just imagine her dancing the Argentinian Tango

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Bwahahaa, the FOX! I love it! It's so barbaric and gothic, and the rest of her is so swishy and elegant! That is one kickass outfit.

 

Blogger Amy said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I love everything about this!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:48 PM) : 

There is something very classic, but in this day and age, I can't get past the fox. But she is delightful in on her bike.

 

Anonymous Stephanie Pastel said ... (10:49 PM) : 

I'm on the fence about the "ethics" regarding fur (vintage or otherwise), however the second thing that came to mind was: that stole is really meant to be worn at night.

 

Blogger Tannee said ... (2:42 AM) : 

i don't fancy the fox wear or any other animals...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

She's absolutely great! Not many people could pull this look off...

 

Blogger Miss Bouquet said ... (5:16 AM) : 

Love this picture! But... what's wrong with the fox? He doesn't look too well...

 

Anonymous Michelle said ... (6:48 AM) : 

I have no personal objections at all to people choosing to wear fur (I mean, nothing in the world bugs me more than a fur-hater toting a leather bag) BUT there is something unappetizing about the fox's head and feet and just dangling around her neck like that. She is beautiful however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

This to me looks like she has heard that the Sartorilaist is in town so throws together an outfit she would never wear just in the hope that she might be spotted

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

I disagree with the way animals bred for fur are treated, but *artistically* - the fox fur makes it! the color! the imagery! the unexpected! A beautiful picture.

 

Blogger Ashley Reese said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Gah, the fox head D: Otherwise, she looks cute.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:09 PM) : 

ooh, foxey lady

 

Blogger Breana said ... (12:39 AM) : 

The fox is too morbid

 

Anonymous leinti nti said ... (5:17 AM) : 

love fur but this fox head looks weird.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

The colors are great but I can't get past that piece of roadkill-taxidermy hanging around her neck.

 

Blogger Pixiewinkle said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Never thought I'd be one for a "whole" fur- but I love the look...on her. A fox is a fox is a fox. If you're gonna wear an animal you might as well wear the whole thing.

What a statement.

 

Blogger "hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said ... (4:20 PM) : 

love it. all. the whole dang fox and her brick rouge are flawless. and to top it off, riding a bike in some serious shoes.

yes ma'am.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

she looks incredible good,and the bike completes the whole outfit. i am not to crazy about the wolf on her shoulders. she could still look amaizing without it.

 

Blogger ExpressYourself said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Stunning!! Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I just L-O-V-E the fox!

/Jo

 

Blogger Anton Seim said ... (11:16 PM) : 

I clicked on the comments just to read the bitter ones, but I'm guessing the nastiest didn't make the list. I like the bicycle.

 

Blogger songkite said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Lovely outfit and she looks so glamourous. I'm amazed by her capacity of wearing such high heels and ride a bicycle at the same time. I just hope the fur is vintage, we don't have the need to kill anymore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM) : 

I don't like the fox at all....how unappealing

 

Blogger Parker said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Does anyone know if this dress is vintage or not? The color is stunning and the cut is so flattering - does anyone recognize it and know if I could purchase it somewhere if it's not vintage?

p.s. Love the fox. So Judy Dench à la The Importance of Being Earnest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Perfect...
but...I don't like the Fox too...

 

Blogger Tati M.a.b said ... (8:11 PM) : 

It's a bit surrealist to me that's why i love it,
if i saw her i would definitely stop her for a shot ...
Also would be a picture i would buy it to hang in a wall...
A lit said for the fox would be fun if it was a fake...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 AM) : 

I love love LOVE this look. There is something so romantic about the mixing of the textures and, yes, the full head of the, um, deceased. The full stole really makes the look, I think. (love the exaggerated blush too!). With that said, Im totally against the fur industry and would never support it by buying a new fur.
BUT!
if you find a piece like this in an antique store or something (and this is clearly a vintage piece which i think we've established), there is no reason to not put to good use. the poor guy died a long time ago, at least you can kind of... rescue it... if that makes sense... The only downside is that people think you support fur, and WILL harass you... but hell, people are going to make judgments about you no matter what so screw them...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I know her. Thats Flannery Klette-Kolton from http://www.biglittlenyc.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:23 AM) : 

i love the look and she looks really amazing. but i hate the fur and ...

maybe those who find the head so disturbing do so because it reminds them that she's wearing something that was once alive and didn't really need to die to warm her. perhaps, you prefer it without the head and legs so you can pretend it's ok.

please spare me the hate replies. I love fashion as do you.let's just agree to disagree.

 

Blogger Karla said ... (12:58 AM) : 

Perfect sans foxhead'. Love the cheeks!

 

Blogger Sandra said ... (5:44 PM) : 

The fox is a shame. And sad.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting