This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Blue on Greene, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

On the Street....Blue on Greene, New York

Comments on "On the Street....Blue on Greene, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

perfect.

 

Anonymous southernfriedjordan said ... (10:02 AM) : 

it's all in the details! i was going to say i loved the headphones most, but then i noticed the nails. and then the heels! so fresh.

 

Blogger C.V said ... (10:06 AM) : 

The details are great ;-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Oh the shoes...the headphones!

http://lipstickboudoir.blogspot.com/

x's

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I MUST HAVE THOSE SHOES.

--Jen

 

Anonymous Julie said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Amazing shoes! =D

 

Anonymous emilija said ... (10:10 AM) : 

wow.
looks awesome!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Milky White complexion; sensible shoes and no chip on her shoulder. Marriage material.

PIETRO

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:19 AM) : 

That blue is just and amazing an unexpected POP!!! Wonderful!

 

Blogger sign here ............................... said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Just wondering what camera you used to take this shot?its great quality!

 

Blogger Celia said ... (10:20 AM) : 

i want to be this girl.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Lovely and perfection!!!!

 

Blogger Mele said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Great shoes!

 

Blogger cashew said ... (10:24 AM) : 

awesome, just love those shoes

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (10:31 AM) : 

coooool

 

Blogger Waagella said ... (10:31 AM) : 

According to my Blogger Dashboard, you have exactly 10,000 followers. Congratulations! Quite a reward for your hard and beautiful work.

Thank you <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Lovely, and as someone said earlier, "no chip on her shoulder." I don't think she HAS to have electric blue heels, but I'll bet she has other shoes. I'll bite.

 

Anonymous Christian said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Matching shoes, nails and headphones. Fantastic!


http://www.lifebychristian.com/

 

Blogger B said ... (10:37 AM) : 

does anyone know where I can get those shoes .....

 

Blogger MeganRose said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Love this shot! She is beautiful and the blue is outstanding!!!

 

Blogger Ste said ... (10:41 AM) : 

This is pure genius.
I would never think about that. Blue headphones, heels and nails.
I wonder if everything has been painted with the same nail varnish.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I had to go back and check the image one more time as I read the blue nail polish. I love everything except for the bag, which seems to be made of cheap material and not leather. Maybe she is leather-free,as the shoes are fabric? Love love the shoes. Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

GORGEOUS shoes.

 

Blogger jonzak said ... (10:43 AM) : 

The blue, the blue, the blue. Love it cuz it makes me smile.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Wonder what came first? The headphones or the shoes...or the nail polish? Did you catch the color of her iPod?

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (10:52 AM) : 

All in the details! Love it!

 

Anonymous Diva Fabulosa said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I love blue. This is really pretty!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I guess that's what Tyra would call "Fierce Head to Toe" :)
Not shure about the leggings and handbag though, but I like the general fun attitude of this young lady.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Love the match of the heel of the shoe and the headphones.

 

Anonymous Stiletto Stoner said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Agreed! Love the matchy-matchy headphones, nails, shoes. The bag has got to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Is she an iGirl ?

monegasque@email.it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

love love love

the shoes are out of this world!

 

Blogger VerseaStyle said ... (11:08 AM) : 

The blue details down to the nails are phenomenal!

 

Blogger honeynettles.blogspot.com said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Very pretty! Maybe she had headphones to match every outfit :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

a great outfit! love it <3

 

Blogger Shaista said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I am sure her ipod was blue too - what about the colour of her eyes?
Like everyone else, was hoping to discover the origin of THOSE shoes... beautiful celebration of colour and wit.

 

Anonymous wrinkledrose said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Matching heels, nails and headphones! LOVE IT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I guess we know her favorite color now...

I love it. MUST have those headphones.

 

Blogger Papillon said ... (11:38 AM) : 

beautifullll!!

I know everyone's going on about the 3s (heels, polish and headphones) but I love her shirt (?) dress! Its the perfect hue! So pretty! Definitely inspiring!

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (11:43 AM) : 

My favorite Color to add pop with! She is transitioning perfectly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She's awsome!

 

Anonymous AliCatts said ... (11:50 AM) : 

I love love love comfy dresses!! There's these twin designers in NY that have the same type of dresses that are super comfortable and hot too!! check out sachika.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

the headphones, the nails, the heels...perfect

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I love her :) I really do :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

The shoes are Marc by Marc Jacobs from a few seasons ago. I've worn mine to death. The heel is rubber; so comfortable!

 

Blogger Cari Hislop said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I'm assuming she painted the headphones and the shoes with her nail polish...snazy!!! I may have to try that...

 

Blogger gabrielnyc said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Francesca is a fun girl! Her style is fine and inspirational!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

On anyone but a beautiful woman (such as this) this would be a bad sartorial disaster. As it is, it's adorable.

 

Blogger Sophisticated Misfit said ... (12:14 PM) : 

If I'm not mistaken, the colour hereto referred to as blue is what my compatriots colourfully refer to as "Carta da zucchero."

Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

love the small details!!!

 

Anonymous sarah said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Those shoes are amazing

 

Anonymous vvn said ... (12:28 PM) : 

i love the fun and light-heartedness of this outfit! really lifts my spirits!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Would you have taken the picture if her earphones didn't match her shoes?

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Wow, I just noticed her nail polish!

Hm-m-m-m-m-m...

 

Blogger Anneliese said ... (12:32 PM) : 

i love the blue details!

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Such a great photo! That blue color really pops. I wonder which item came first— the shoes, the headphones, or the nail polish?

I recently realized I have several pieces in the exact same pink color that I bought independently of one another— I must really be attracted to that particular shade!

 

Anonymous MaxW said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Love the colour match.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Love the colour combi!!

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (12:46 PM) : 

love the way the shoes goes with the headphones :0

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:49 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:49 PM) : 

i found them :D

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Zum-ZHP005-Blue-Headphones/invt/5560428828521

 

Blogger esther said ... (1:06 PM) : 

i'm definitely girl crushin'.

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (1:17 PM) : 

"Blue on Greene"

You're too funny sometimes, Sart.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (1:17 PM) : 

love the whole outfit!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Retro chic!

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (1:21 PM) : 

even her nail polish matches! i wish i could be this crafty in my accessorizing...

thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Christine Peterson said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I love when style has a sensitivity towards detail.

 

Blogger chiara said ... (1:50 PM) : 

she's lovely! the blue details make it perfect

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Its not just the clothes. She looks like she is having fun! Scott, can't wait for you to come to Boston.

 

Anonymous Hannah said ... (1:52 PM) : 

I am in art school with an unspecified major right now and I LOVE this! One of the ideas I've been attracted to right now is lifestyle fashion/art. This is it exactly! Everyone should consider the all articles in their lives, not just clothing. Very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

omg! I love her!This is perfection!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

The shoes are cute. The nail polish a bit tacky. The headphones were identified as being a super-trend with women in paris right now.... so the matchy-matchy ness of all this combined with the overt trendiness of the headphones is too much for me! Trying too hard!! Otherwise, a beautiful girl with especially beautiful, natural earth mama like hair... just needs to eliminate one blue accessory.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:03 PM) : 

love the fact that it seems an outfit planned without thinking, but then u see the little details e they really make a whole put togeter look :D love love love

 

Anonymous Sophie said ... (2:10 PM) : 

I think the shoes are Miu Miu SS 06 as I have exactly the same shoes as these but with a smaller chunky heel with jewels on it.
Love the picture!

 

Blogger A Gluten Freestyle said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Those headphones are just the icing. Perfect details!

xx

http://walkthesand.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

The shoes~! The fabulous shoes~!

www.graceinstitute.org

 

Blogger Tomma said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Love almost everything about this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

don´t like the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

That shade of turquoise is one of my favorite colors, but having three separate elements in that exact shade is too matchy-matchy for my taste. And the headphones remind me of Jay from Project Runway's first season--his Bryant Park collection? I agree that, based on the bag and shoe choices, she seems to be leather free. Interesting contrast to the foxy lady featured yesterday!

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Spiffy footwear!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Simple yet so efffective. Adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

I love it. I think the details are small enough that it doesn't come across as too matchy, instead it's that's she's having fun and enjoying her life, I agree with Hannah's comment. That's important. I like the dancer-artist casual look of it all.

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:50 PM) : 

Coordinated headphones and shoes!

BTW, your subject could be mistaken for political commentator MaryKatherine Ham. MKH often dresses like the woman (you can see her on TV), although I do not know whether she coordinates headphones and shoes.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Those headphones remind me of Season 1 winner of Project Runway, Jay McCarroll's collection...really fun. A great way to play with a color that pops.

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Love all the matching blue! Those headphones are so so cool!
xx

 

Blogger Mademoiselle C. said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I love that. (colour's association!)

 

Blogger bvann said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I have those same headphone in green!
Love them.

 

Blogger urbanmosadi said ... (4:32 PM) : 

This makes me smile :)

 

Blogger Julia Bolchakova said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Honestly, I don't get this black leggins under the summer dress look. And blue splashies are too matchy-matchy. Feels elaborate and sloppy at the same time. I am sorry, but it is not my cup of tea.

 

Blogger Lisette said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Matchy-matchy isn't always a bad thing :)

 

Blogger prodeus said ... (5:42 PM) : 

i have bought the same shoes and no idea what to wear it with...

 

Anonymous Tobias Sweden said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Hot stuff! love the shoes, nails and headphones. And normally I hate matchy matchy!

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (6:58 PM) : 

I really like when people incorporate such bright colors. It looks stylish, modern and just perfect.
I never thought of using headphones as an accessory:) lol

Let's grow up Later

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I WANT THE SHOES!!!!!!!!!! :)

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (10:01 PM) : 

she looks like she is having a lot of fun with the way she is dressed, i love that about people, the ability to play dress ups as adults, i think that is true style, being yourself and having fun

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (10:47 PM) : 

I love the blue on the heel of the shoe

 

Blogger Taylor said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Completely in love with the small touches of blue- they really tie the whole look together.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (12:24 AM) : 

The shoes are so cool, love them. They belong in my wardrobe!

 

Anonymous FvaD said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Haha..wicked match..
I <3 the humour here mixed with style..

 

Blogger Ola said ... (2:37 AM) : 

I w a n t those shoes!:)

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (2:39 AM) : 

Tiffany box blue!

I love everything about this photo. I like how she is in the act of selecting a song and possibly saying something.

 

Blogger Timeless Chic said ... (2:41 AM) : 

love, love, love the color palette and her sense of fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

Head to toe colour coordination! Nicely done! When I can match my shoes to my speakers, I'll have really done something!

- http://21arrondissement.com

 

Blogger Fash said ... (3:00 AM) : 

The headset matches the heels!

How cool is that!

BTW, love your column in GQ=)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:41 AM) : 

I have those shoes in red/pink but I wish I had this color instead. Love the blue details.

 

Anonymous Dustyflint said ... (4:40 AM) : 

Cutie! Love the shoes and she is having fun. Nice. I'm a legging lover. A lot of the Japanese tourist girls here in Hawaii wear them and they look terrifc.

 

Blogger ashleyparis said ... (6:31 AM) : 

beautiful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:02 AM) : 

That is Saffron Burrows, isn't it? She looks fabulous.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (8:28 AM) : 

do you think she purposefully matched the heels, nails and headphones?

I hope so! xx

 

Blogger sinus said ... (10:05 AM) : 

She looks like Shelley Duvall

 

Anonymous Dorien said ... (10:42 AM) : 

this is realy beautifull :) !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

matchy matchy

 

Blogger angelarenai said ... (11:09 AM) : 

those heels paired with the nail polish and her headphones. SWOON.

 

Blogger Francesca said ... (11:43 AM) : 

too much. don't like this kind of color-matching. too easy. too artificial.

 

Blogger Bethany said ... (12:01 PM) : 

A classic example of a person in love with a color that collects a spattering of accessories and items over time, and by accident, though not by accident at all....

 

Blogger C A said ... (12:23 PM) : 

How intelligent she is, maching the color of the shoes with the headphones! :o

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Siru said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I love the color matching!

juliet xxx

 

Blogger rhai♥laborte said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Wow! Cute shoes, matching it with the color of the headphones.

KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA
KA-VOGUE-GAY-RA

 

Blogger Janet said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I love how the blue heels match her earphones and nails perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

You have to appreciate the calculated genius of this look.

atticusshop.com

 

Blogger Mariabia said ... (7:02 PM) : 

loooove the blue heels!

 

Blogger a caprichosa said ... (10:25 PM) : 

I think I sat in the this exact spot a few weeks ago... too bad I was not this stunningly dressed.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:29 PM) : 

Everyone who loves those shoes should check out olsenhaus.com spring and fall 09!

That is my favorite nail polish color. Like wearing ten tiny robin's eggs!

 

Blogger Pearl Bhasin said ... (11:59 PM) : 

goddamit, I WANT TO SHOES!!

 

Anonymous Nathalie said ... (6:05 AM) : 

oh yes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I adore her shoes!!!!
where can I find them???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

What's a brand which makes a color like this? I love it!

 

Blogger doingtheunstuck said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I wonder if she planned it or not...I be she didn't. :) Funny how that sometimes works out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

The shoes are Marc by Marc Jacobs...from at least 5-6 years ago. I have the same ones in red fabric, with royal blue heel.

 

Blogger ikanbilis said ... (12:21 PM) : 

i think at least 50 people already mentioned these, but yes i appreciate her details of having matching headsets, nails and heels.

 

Anonymous noelle said ... (9:39 PM) : 

If Elvis had seen these blue shoes he would have changed his song to DO step in these blue suede shoes. I sure would like to. Where do I find them?
Noelle

 

Anonymous Guga said ... (4:12 AM) : 

u know... turquoise is by far my favorite color..and as a man i find it very hard to find shirts or shoes in this particular shade. such a shame... well almost every shade of blue amuses me... i dont know.. i guess its really personal... my bedroom is this exact color...goes with everything....i want those phones so bad....i envy her for having them....

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (9:49 PM) : 

i love the shoes! FAB!

 

Blogger Nai said ... (2:35 AM) : 

love.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:01 PM) : 

She is a model from New Zealand?? see lonelyheartsclub.co.nz

 

Blogger Pretty Little World said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I have the same Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes (but in red) too -- they're one of my favorite pairs!! I just love the rubber heel!

I think I'd like this girl's outfit better without the leggings though...

 

Blogger joce said ... (10:01 AM) : 

interesting pic! the heels are cool.

http://lejclassics.blogspot.com

xx

 

Anonymous Helen said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Those shoes are amazing! I have a similar colour nail varnish by Barry M which was an absolute bargain.

 

Blogger Little Black Words said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Superbe! :)
Simplicity brings many words!:)

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (5:06 AM) : 

Oh.. my gosh. I love love love this. The headphones.. the nails... the heels. Perfection.

Sart, you have such a knack for finding the most perfect moments to capture.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:13 AM) : 

that's one of the most subtle, yet impactful and clever applications of colour i've ever come across. kudos!

 

Blogger Tati M.a.b said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Love the headphones, i got one of those haven;t used it in public yet...Now i have to find a nail polish to match ...

Love the shot

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting