This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Sunday on St. Germain, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

On the Street....Sunday on St. Germain, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Sunday on St. Germain, Paris"

 

Anonymous Milena (Serbia) said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Wicked sunglasses!! :)) and the cape :))

 

Blogger Ammu said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Love the use of colour and pattern - the sunglasses and the print on that walking stick. Makes such a lovely contrast with the refinement of the handbag and her bobbed hair. Wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Typically Parisian.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Still fashionable after all these years...

 

Blogger Figueroa Linares said ... (4:19 PM) : 

now we're talking!
hahaha soooo cute.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (4:20 PM) : 

wow, she is one stylin lady! I wish people would dress more like her around here =) Her cane is even pretty!

FashionSnag

 

Blogger Juli said ... (4:21 PM) : 

That Nana is rockin' it! Love the bag, the looped scarf, and the always-chic leather jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Love her! So happy to see you posting more street style again. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

aww she's adorable, she reminds me of my grandma, who's always dressed very well.

i love how she melds form and function. often times, even if people are dressed really nicely, they don't put much thought into the other items . . . i.e. the string holding up her reading glasses, her cane. but here she picked the prettiest cane haha. awesome.

 

Blogger Jo said ... (4:35 PM) : 

How lovely. I hope that I can always look this stylish.

 

Blogger Well Done said ... (4:40 PM) : 

it all works(glasses,scarf,coat,bag, cane) and she looks lovely. I would like a peek at her shoes.
well done woman over 50.

 

Blogger Little Snoring said ... (4:42 PM) : 

She is wonderful... love the sunnies!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Great sleeves,

 

Anonymous Tobias said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Cute!

 

Anonymous Bibi in wonderland said ... (4:49 PM) : 

What a wonderful sense of style! Love the sporty ensemble mixed with the unexpected croco bag.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (4:49 PM) : 

When I grow older (do you grow old, or get old?) I want to be asbeautiful as she is.

Ruhvana

 

Blogger Chateau de Chic said ... (4:54 PM) : 

I'm getting my grandma this cane.

 

Blogger Fezinha said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Street style really makes me happy! I want to be like her when I grow older. Actually I'll start looking for an amazing walking stick like this one. This image made my day =)

 

Blogger Saffron said ... (4:59 PM) : 

She is beautiful!

Would love to know your reaction regarding Brigitte:

"Germany's most popular women's magazine that banned professional models from its pages in favour of "real women", after its editor said he was tired of "fattening up girls with Photoshop".

Here's the link:
http://telegraph.co.uk.twi.bz/C

 

Blogger Danja said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Beautiful! I love her style and her cane especially.

 

Blogger X said ... (5:02 PM) : 

This might sound weird, but her outfit really reminds me of that photo of your friend GARTH that you took a while ago... maybe it's the glasses/jacket.

Anyway, lovely lady.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:15 PM) : 

every color fits perfectly. her sunglasses are amazing and so powerful
& her hands are beautiful
definitely she has a hipster heart
btw found this gorgeous necklace that has me going crazy all day long<::: http://www.mercedessalazar.com/new_en/necklaces/506-sandona-necklace
kiss kiss

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

From the top of her head to the tip of her cane, this is a well thought out look-she's even got her extra pair of glasses around her neck. I'll be she has a fully charged cell phone, a packet of kleenex and a little box of mints in her purse too.

 

Anonymous Style Odyssey said ... (5:17 PM) : 

oh, she's wonderful! i especially like the glasses.

 

Blogger Daniella said ... (5:23 PM) : 

omg! i have that scarf! they sell them by the riverside, i got one when i was in paris, lol (i live in canada) that's so cool!

 

Anonymous Questioner said ... (5:24 PM) : 

My wife often says that when we retire, we'll need to keep a flat in Paris so that she can be one of the many older women you see walking around in heels and chic outfits. The lady in this picture is fabulous.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (5:34 PM) : 

You go, gurl, wit' yo bad self.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

she looks great! although she looks american, not parisian, to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

I can't help but wonder how stylish she would have been during the 60s. The elderly are the true custodians of style.

Pietro

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Una maravillosa Dama parisina.

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I love her walking stick, there is a chemist beside where I live that stocks them and I am always enamored by them every time I go in! The more I look at the picture, the more I love the colour and texture of her coat!

http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Una maravillosa Dama parisina.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

*Love* the scarf and jacket combination. BTW to "Well Done": This is a well done woman over 70 ... 50 is Iman, Sela Ward, Angela Bassett...

 

Blogger jkh said ... (6:29 PM) : 

yeah baby, oooh baby.

now that is a girl.
look at that lady.

wonderful scarf.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Is that cane also a flute or some sort of wind instrument?? Look at the holes on it.

 

Blogger AnnieC said ... (7:19 PM) : 

I'm confused. I've been staring at this photo for three minutes - is the right side of her coat significantly longer than the left side?

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Sweet!

 

Blogger Ripped Jeans said ... (7:54 PM) : 

beautiful colors...adorable!

 

Blogger Lolitta said ... (8:06 PM) : 

As Stevie Wonder says, "Isn't she lovely.!"

http://loveyourfabulousself.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 PM) : 

absolutely gorgeous. inspiration for later in life...

www.sayhellomax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger C A said ... (8:57 PM) : 

So lovely lady, I looove Paris..

MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com @ Paris Fashion Week

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (9:47 PM) : 

She is spiffy! I like how colorful her kane is.

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Absolutely love that cane!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I love all the color in her outfit, especially the scarf. I hope I look that cool when I reach that age.

 

Anonymous fashionluvrtiltheend said ... (10:55 PM) : 

She looks adorable with her scarf, sweater, jacket, and sunglasses! Very well put together with the scarf pulling all the colors together. The bag is a great accessory! Go Nana!

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (11:11 PM) : 

SHE`S THE SWEETEST THING! LOVE IT









XX
CHICMUSE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

Oh wow, she is so cool! I love her scarf and cane!!!

 

Anonymous Diana said ... (3:21 AM) : 

My mother always hated her walking stick, for her it was a sign for surrender to age. This is much better: To set it as a bright colourful flag - I will never surrender, it's just a stick :-)

 

Anonymous Eileen said ... (3:31 AM) : 

Her cane is schweet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 AM) : 

the walking stick & the scarf!

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (4:45 AM) : 

Beautiful inspiration.

PS - Does anyone know anything about that cane or where I could buy it online? I'd love to get one for my mother who now must use one. Thanks.

 

Blogger Claire said ... (5:19 AM) : 

haha, love the cane! i noticed this when I was in Paris with a broken foot, having to make do with my ugly grey NHS issue crutches. Parisians with crutches/canes have really cool ones - ergonomically designed in fabulous colours. I was so jealous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 AM) : 

i see bottega!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 AM) : 

I have the same scarf (and I´m 27), it was a gift from a kenyan friend. I love it!! It was handmade by Nairobi women in a workproject. Mine has a bit different colours. I wonder wherever she got hers. She anyway makes a good point that beauty and style has no age limit!

 

Anonymous AnaPt said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Colourfull!! So so adorable!

I wish everyone at this age dressed like this!! it just says "I'm happy with myself"!!

 

Anonymous Heather Toronto said ... (9:57 AM) : 

She has so much character and attitude!

It's great to see a shot of someone who isn't high fashion again.

Photos like this are what make your blog so brilliant and unique.

 

Blogger VonSontag said ... (10:11 AM) : 

@Joseph : yes, the cane is also a flute. It has been inspired by traditional japanese walking sticks wich were made in bamboo and drilled to be blowned... (I saw kung-fu panda twice).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Love the jacket and scarf, and that great silver ring. She looks fresh, comfortable and well put together.

 

Blogger shifty said ... (12:56 PM) : 

That cane is really chaneling Balenciaga's Spring 09 collection. I would love to meet this women!

 

Blogger Stacey Thomas said ... (4:19 PM) : 

ahhh! I have this scarf!!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:50 AM) : 

A quality jacket, a quality purse. That's all you need.

Is her cane also a flute? It's a great accessory.

But the sun glasses take the prize. I will buy them if someone can tell me who makes them.

 

Blogger StyleSpy said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Paris is the best place in the world for a woman to grow older.



http://closetaltar.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Caryn said ... (1:28 PM) : 

The holes in the cane are so that the height can be adjusted to the user. These types of canes can be found in pharmacies or medical supply shops and they come in many designs and colors.

 

Anonymous Jenny said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Love her -- I'd rather see her on covers than Lindsey Lohan, etc

 

Blogger The Cupcake Stand said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Oh my! What a precious cane! Love it!

http://cupcakestand.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Adrienne said ... (8:50 PM) : 

I love it when you shoot older people, espcially older women. Older women are so invisible in our society, thanks for making this one a fashion diva;).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

reminds me of my French mother-in-law. That's a good thing! stylish while be practical and timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

ha nice love the scarf and sunglasses way cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

I can't help but wonder..
Is she really trying to be stylish? Or are these pieces she's thrown together any old way and hit the spot?

 

Anonymous ida said ... (5:29 PM) : 

i hope i´ll look as beautiful as her when i get older.

 

Blogger Sarah Freligh said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Would like to see more "women of a certain age" on your blog.

 

Anonymous nyc said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Love the contrast of the stylish, conservative lady with the vibrant pimp stick. the adjustable holes drive it home!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I hope that when I'm her age that I am that jazzy and stylish. However, that jacket looks odd.

I am loving that scarf.

 

Anonymous Guga said ... (5:39 AM) : 

Theres always a room in my heart for another granma.... would you be mine? its a cane-flute? notice the holes..... i wanna hug her so tight....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

cute<33

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting