This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Lino so Casual, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On the Street....Lino so Casual, Milano


I'm telling you guys, all the women I know love these shoes. I recently bought a pair and they are my new #1 favorites.

Comments on "On the Street....Lino so Casual, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

What's the brand, i would like to see them more clearly. Lino looks great as always :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

What are they?!

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (12:13 PM) : 

those kicks are cool

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Yes, you guys do need to get a bit more experimental, look how much fun he's having in the two tone shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

NIce, I also love the unbutton cuffs of the shirt under with the one open button on the suit cuff as well. Relax and Cool!

 

Blogger Bell said ... (12:32 PM) : 

I like in one tone , two no.

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Love this look, very stylish!

 

Anonymous Marcelo Bock - Design Assintecal said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Hi,
Here is Marcelo from Brazil.
I wanna buy some pictures from your blog.

Please contact me, thanks a lot.

design@assintecal.org.br

 

Blogger CW said ... (12:38 PM) : 

What is the link to the brand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I would like to know the brand of those shoes anybody know it?

 

Anonymous Sheila said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Yes, I'm a woman and I completely agree. They look unique without being over the top.

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (12:44 PM) : 

very handsome fella!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Gaëlle said ... (12:44 PM) : 

I must be an exception, don't like these shoes... But i like the rest :-)

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I LOVE these shoes in a big way

 

Blogger PE_Feeds said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Yeah, what shoes are they? They do look real nice...

 

Blogger the nickel fit said ... (12:50 PM) : 

great casual shoes aside, i love how everything else is a bit off. non-matching black socks, loose fitting shirt, and just too long jacket.

it gives an air of not trying too hard where comfort prevails over dictation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

hahaha... "What are they?" someone said. They're double monk-straps. That's what they are.

I am yet to own the doubles but I have plenty of "single" monk straps.

Pietro

 

Blogger Enzo AGC said ... (12:51 PM) : 

They are Al Bazar double monk straps and they are killer. A tad pricey at $850.

Allen Edmonds makes a great version called the Mora that available for a fraction of that cost.

 

Anonymous Gianni3000 said ... (12:58 PM) : 

How does Lino do winter? It gets cold in Milan, I would love to see his outfit for an Inter game on a January evening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I love the museum/antique finish on the brown part of the shoe. The reinforcement rivet is a nice touch.

Scott ~ Sorry I can't make it to the book signing in San Francisco. I live 90 minutes from the City and have an early meeting the next morning. Be sure to stop in Tosca Cafe in North Beach afterwards for a drink. It's an atmospheric old San Francisco bar and is across the street from City Lights Bookstore. They're famous for their "cappuchino".

Blaumax (Larry)

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I do love the shoes, the one thing that mistifies me is I would never wear such peaked lapels with a polo collar, and yet it looks awesome on him. I just cant explain it. I guess like someone said "Fashion, one can buy. Style one must own" or something like that? Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous garciamadrid said ... (1:13 PM) : 

nice shoes, you are lucky!

http://garciamadrid.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

I used to wear a black version of these everyday back in high school!

DAD ISLAND

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Shoes look great. However, what he is wearing could be better. I am reminded of the detectives in NYPD Blue, where they would wear D/B jackets from old suits with jeans. This never looks right. As for the shoes, Edward Green? Although the styling looks more Italian than British.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Like the pose!

www.openzedoor.blogspot.com

 

Blogger hayleysherie said ... (1:41 PM) : 

I absolutely adore the shoes! And I love the jacket/jeans combo..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

i love them! i would get them for the bf if he wasnt a size 14. he'd look like big bird.

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <--check it out, two girls living in nyc and chi blogging all things fashion!

 

Blogger beto said ... (1:55 PM) : 

I'll be buying a pair. Scott, see you in SF tonight!

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (1:56 PM) : 

he is as always very relaxed and cool looking - and he has socks on!

 

Blogger beths said ... (2:15 PM) : 

He looks good, handsome guy, and I wish I could get those shoes onto my husband's feet. But Lino's natural hair color would be so much more flattering to him--I hope he'll consider trying it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

I do really love the shoes he is wearing. I am curious about the double buttoned jacket; can you possibly wear it opened like that? Great picture of that man otherwise, although I would not like to see him drinking and smoking at the same time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

As usual, the man's good looks makes the picture...not the clothes. This site is getting cliche very fast.

 

Blogger Max said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I'm pretty sure double monks were 1st sold by Edward Green....
They look great with jeans here but can look a bit cumbersome due to having 2 buckles. Berluti do a nice single monk where the strap and buckle are higer up so more hidden as you walk. Gives a very sleek looking shoe as all you can see in lovely leather!

If you want toe caps to look like that on tan shoes use black polish.

 

Anonymous Laura said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Meh, I've always disliked monk-straps.

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (2:30 PM) : 

I love them as well Sart. I would love to see a suede double monk. You have captured Lino's sartorial acumen for the casual. Little things like unbuttoned sleeves with jeans make the difference.

 

Anonymous Kai. said ... (2:30 PM) : 

I've got double monk straps from Crockett & Jones.

 

Blogger thierry said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Double monks were first put on the scene by John Lobb. I have a pair of Edward Green, thinner soles than the Lobb but great grainy leather and aged superbly.

Great shoes, but the DB suit jacket with the polo shirt is ...well, its not my cup of tea

 

Blogger Alberto Ortiz Rey said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Love this shoes and the natural hair!

look great!

XoXo

Albert

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

My darling husband has worn E.Green Double Monks forever... they never ceases to get him complements -from airport security guards to shoe salesmen at Neiman's, everyone oohs and ahhs over his shoes. In fact, they ohh and ahh over him... I think he might be the best dressed man in Fort Worth. xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

my signature shoes since college days. - but don't leave buckle open for looks - if you forget.. - ok ... but not every day.
actually these - the lobb ones - loafers or chelsea boots... - that's it.
-
actually in my formative years i asked a cobbler in the south of france what all the hot shot guys are bringing in for repair. - anything, he said. anything that comes without shoe strings. - that cote d'azur cobbler defined my style.

 

Blogger Clara said ... (3:25 PM) : 

i <3 it!

 

Blogger The Fashion Gatherer said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I wish my boyfriend would wear those. They are so innocent and sweet!

 

Blogger Thais said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Just wonderful! You always catch such life and emotion in your photos...
oh and beautiful shoes.

Calypso
crinkledvelvet.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

how can I get a pair of your #1 favourites?

 

Blogger Gerri Ward said ... (4:04 PM) : 

WOW! Solely FABULULOUS soles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

They're certainly nice shoes, I just don't know if I'd recommend them for a guy under 35.

 

Blogger Nickie Frye said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Yes, those shoes are fantastic! First thing I noticed. www.nickiefrye.etsy.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

wow! finally...a real man. he is perfect in every way.

http://absinthrill.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lance Miller said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Lino is the man; nice shop in Milano!

 

Blogger Rea said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Those are great shoes for sure but the personality oozing out of them doesn't hurt the eyes either...

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (4:26 PM) : 

he looks like the man

 

Anonymous Andrea said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Realy cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

The first thing I said when I saw the picture was, "Love the shoes!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

love him. want to hang out. looks fun and stylish and interesting.

 

Blogger Lauren Mackenzie said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Love the shoes. And for some reason even with a beer in hand, he still looks classy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

i think they are simple hand made berlutti...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

eh--I'm a woman but I never went for these.

 

Blogger amalie said ... (5:28 PM) : 

hes aweesome, great picture. he looks like such a nice guy

 

Anonymous hW90 said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Bastard! He looks better every time I see him. Al Bazar will be my first stop in Milan in March. Can not wait!

 

Anonymous Jonathan said ... (5:31 PM) : 

rachel comey did a very nice black, soft leater double monk strap last spring. Sadly, I missed out on my size, but I'm still hopeful I'll run into them one day!!

 

Blogger X said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Charrrrming!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

it really doesn't matter what he's wearing. his confidence and ease would show through in any outfit (at least that's what all of your pictures seem to suggest)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

As several people have pointed out these are John Lobb shoes. John Lobb has made them first years ago and everyone else has followed.

I am pretty sure that the model work are the ones of Lobb as Lobb makes a model with a double sole (check the pic and u will that the thickness is unsual). The model is called WILLIAM, and is made in Buffalo leather.

They are not two toned. Just polish the tan buffalo with a daker shoe paste and you will get a front of the shoe in a darker tan.

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Not my favorite beer but love everything else! Especially the wayfarers and the best shoes ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

The double monk is John Lobb if you do get them there is a slight difference between the ones made for Lobb in France which are sleeker and a bit narrow, than the English ones made in North Hanmpton which are sturdier.They are expencive but they re certainly worth it as Lobb can resole and repair them to almost perfect condition relacing the leather inside also.Looks gret on you Sart in Mr Mort's posting with Grance

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:23 PM) : 

Very cool shoes!
Liking the Heineken bottle aswell! Casual!

 

Blogger J. Magdalena said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Al Bazar?! I stopped in the store earlier this summer whilst in Milan and had one of the employees try these shoes on for me, for I had never seen such handsome shoes for men! Such a delight seeing them on your blog.

 

Blogger J. Magdalena said ... (8:09 PM) : 

And in response to one of the comments left stating: "I don't think anyone under 35 should wear those." I do not agree, however for a look that runs parallel to this one but would be more age-appropriate, if you will, Lacoste made a double-monk sneaker in the same colour as the shoe in the photo. Best sneaker I have ever seen. I tried finding it on the website to no prevail, as it isn't in with the current season. If interested, I'm sure you could contact Lacoste or go into a store and they would help you locate a pair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I have never ever seen Heineken look this classy!

 

Anonymous Hector said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Always Lino!! This look is perfect!! This shoes is Frattelli Rossetti?! I think yes!! Place your bets!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:52 PM) : 

I want to buy them and I'm a girl obsessed.....

 

Blogger hey said ... (10:49 PM) : 

yeah,i love this shoes too!!

 

Blogger frankieducati said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Gianni completely understands: "I got it"! Yo Gianni and Lord Tucker?

 

Anonymous bright blue said ... (1:16 AM) : 

ditto on the shoes.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:33 AM) : 

Yep, those shoes are great. Please tell us who makes them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Nice shoes. I think they might be Santoni....

 

Blogger Holly said ... (3:34 AM) : 

I WANT THE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. I am a girl :)

 

Blogger Ste said ... (3:51 AM) : 

I like those shoes too. You can wear them with a casual outfit or with a more classic one.
When I went back to Italy last month I saw a lot of young men wearing these shoes without socks though. That's a big NO, NO to me. They are not mocassins.
Bravo Lino. Always cool!

 

Anonymous °°matias° said ... (4:03 AM) : 

Lino always looks great - he expresses pure masculinity and joy of life! One of my top role models concerning "ageing in style with grandeur"...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 AM) : 

I always think that Lino is one of the best dressed men, but:
1) 2 tone shoes....... NO!! Please!
2) DuobleB Jacket with jeans and without tie? NO!! Please!

In this pic Lino have a stunning Patek Philippe Nautilus red gold wristwatch ! That PP is really cool and AMAZING!

monegasque@email.it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Perfect shape and color! Works wonderfully with dark denim...

 

Anonymous Katy Elizabeth Halvorsen said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Lottusse makes shoes like this as well. I haven´t, however, seen them make them in a two tone.
Love good shoes on men. They lift the man. He should of worn brown socks, though!

 

Anonymous Oonagh said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Sorry, Scott, Im a woman and I hate those shoes.

 

Anonymous Charlotte K said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Yes, they are lovely and not hideous like the new women's shoes!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Go to
http://www.albazarmilano.it/
Not sure if Gianpaolois the owner of the model for the store, but he is in all the pics. Very hsarp!

 

Anonymous AJP said ... (9:33 AM) : 

try to boot new york for a similar style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

My grandpa has been wearing these for as long as I can remember. Very chic and timeless.

 

Anonymous seeker said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Jeans & db jacket are a no-no!!!
like his shoes though

 

Anonymous yassymer said ... (10:51 AM) : 

But Heineken...Really?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Everytime I see this man I think the same thing: 'Now there's good-trouble!' He just always looks like he's having so much fun. I think he'd be happy to lead you astray and you'd be happy to let him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Omigosh, this guy just oozes cool. If Heineken had any sense at all, they'd use your photo for their next ad campaign.

 

Blogger Bricker said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Don't worry Franco, "Lo abbiamo", We got it!

 

Blogger Tundrababe said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Those are indeed great shoes. I'm distracted, though, by the chain that I believe is from a pocket watch or something. It's hanging down below the Heineken like it's attached. Maybe he has a secret pocket for beer? To hell with a flask!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:19 PM) : 

excellence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

OH!!!!!!big time.

 

Blogger Mark P-H said ... (4:28 PM) : 

the patina on the toes looks too affected for me... unless of course, it's not

 

Anonymous stefica said ... (6:24 PM) : 

fair warning, guys, not all women love these shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

Well, if women love these shoes... women really are from Mars and men from Venus (or something like that)...
I just cannot understand what is the appeal of these shoes?!?

Do you actually like the shoes or are they your new favorites because women like them and you want to be liked by women???
(Excuse my english)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 PM) : 

best part of it is how NOTHING stands out and screams at you! If you don't consciously dissect his look, all you see is a well dressed man who is having a great time. Makes me wish I was the one he's talking with. The clothing may make the man, but this man is wearing his clothes.
That's my sartorial aspiration!

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (11:17 PM) : 

For Stefica:
"fair warning, guys, not all women love these shoes!" - does real MAN do care if women dont understand his stylish shoes???? - that's their problem, not his!

i lost count how many pairs of monk-straps i had in my life, and still have 3, in black, smoke grey(brand new) and brown - I dont like much laced-up shoes!
The pair Lino wears are really classy...

 

Blogger romaine said ... (11:26 PM) : 

omg! those shoes are what got my immediate attencion!! they are to-die-for. footwear that is sophisticated with top notch quality and that are unique are ones to take notice of. i am a women and love them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Srefica,
no worries, not all guys love women.

I however think shoes are great and two tone especially like this is great way to have variety.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Look at this guy in his natty outfit, clearly doesn't use sunscreen, with beer and cigarette in hand---and he looks a helluva lot happier and healthier than anybody I've seen in my upper midwest city of the USA lately!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Haha, the first thing I said to myself when I saw this was "AWESOME shoes". Then I scrolled down to the caption and laughed out loud.

 

Blogger Matthew said ... (3:09 PM) : 

I used to wear a few pairs of monk straps back in high school (1984-89). I loved the clean, no-laces look.

But now I just think they look weird and pretentious somehow. (Not that they weren't when I was wearing them!)

I think wearing them unbuckled is a bit bizarre. Too busy to do up two measly buckles? I dunno.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 AM) : 

The first double monks are the Williams from John Lobb Paris. Many imitations are around by the most famous maklers british and Italian.. Edward Green does make them of course but we can't call them imitation since they're of a more refined last and of outstanding quality.
Xavier

 

Anonymous Catherine like Deneuve said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Lino is consistently cool. I do love his shoes. My husband impressed me on our first outings by wearing gorgeous shoes. Women do notice.
I would tell Lino, as I told my then-boyfriend-now-husband, to quit the tanning--too much is too much. And I think he can let his hair go natural; I am sure it will be more seductive than the orangey tones.
Still, Lino is just awesome. Gorgeous smile and wonderful presence.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Well I'll be damned...for a moment I thought, "Oh wow, that's Jean Paul Belmondo." Although Belmondo was never into nice fashion:)

 

Blogger vinda s said ... (10:42 AM) : 

seriously... the shoes are awesome! i also love the way he wears that blazer with classic blue jeans. he is totally gorgeous!

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I like to think this is what I look like drinking a Heineken as well. But I suspect I'm a little more on the cutoff shorts and visible bra straps side of things.

 

Blogger Ellen McDonald-Casina said ... (2:53 PM) : 

This man is yummy! oh can he dress, just what I would like to get a hold of for while!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

This guy is a mixed bag. He is successfully working that white shirt against his soon-to-be-faded tan. But how tapered are those jeans? The leg opening looks too narrow. And brown shoes but black socks? I cannot sanction that combo, signore.

 

Blogger Milt-fresh_best-dressed said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Lino iz deffinetly one of the coolest gentz i've seen on thiz blog so far. becauze he playz by hiz own set of rulez. Pocket watch chain, pink allegator beltz, monk strap shoez. If Scott decided to do dedicate hiz whole blog to Lino, I would be the happiest!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Shoes look great, jeans and shirt as well. But doublebreasted jacket NEVER works with something casual, I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

The best version of these shoes is from John Lobb, called William...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 AM) : 

I'm a woman and I love these shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 PM) : 

they'r PRADA if I'm not mistaken...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting