This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Left Bank, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On the Street....Left Bank, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Left Bank, Paris"

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I like that scarf that she is carrying. Love stripes!

 

Blogger StyleSpy said ... (9:42 AM) : 

The dirndl that ate Paris!

http://closetaltar.blogspot.com

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (9:43 AM) : 

That is beautiful. Beautiful style and photograph as usual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

like the top and her leggens

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (9:51 AM) : 

she's beautiful. not crazy about the pairing

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Love the top half!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Ah les shoes divines !!! la couleur, la forme ! Sunny

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Playing with plaid, very Little House on The Prairie.

 

Blogger Phoebe Rose said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I love the plaid skirt. She looks amazing, bring on the longer hemline!

http://flowergirlfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Tiff said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Her casual beauty carries this outfit well. I love it.

 

Blogger Michelle J Flynn said ... (10:06 AM) : 

this once again proves that so much more can be pulled off to look good on a slim, beautiful person.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Judging by her look of confidence (which I like I lot), you'd think she'd be wearing something classy. Can't stand that look which screams lazy to me as nothing goes with anything. The skirt makes hes hips large whereas I'm sure it's because of the shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I love this-- so relaxed and old school.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I love this shot, love the outfit, love the girl, love that she's stopping traffic!

Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Soft and Tender.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Oh! Her scarf! Just beautiful. I knit myself (you admired my scarf at the signing in Dublin - didn't tell you I'd made it myself, too shy!), would love to do something like this, it's very clever. Who said blue and green should never be seen? And I love the way it picks up the green in her blazer and the tiny bit of blue in the plaid on her skirt. Rockin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I love that elegant hippie style

itssophisticated.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Totally agree w/Fermina M (10:12), the look is lazy and frumpy. the skirt makes her hips look un-naturally wide. its cool to be a big girl but she obviously is not. this look isn't doing it for me

 

Blogger Anneliese said ... (10:36 AM) : 

so beautiful and lovely!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I couldnt learn a word in french if this was my french teacher, mon amoourrr oui!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

so anachronistic and yet... it looks like it fits. could you imagine this looking this perfect in new york? i couldn't. only in europe.

 

Anonymous Nastya (Russia) said ... (10:39 AM) : 

She looks just like Kelly from Beverly-Hills 90210! ;)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Modern, sexy on the top...

Amish on the bottom!

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (10:44 AM) : 

where is it coming? it may be a nun

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (10:46 AM) : 

wonderful sense of personal style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

The skirt is frumpy and more suited for an old matron whose had a couple o' kids and let herself go.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

And if Rhea Perlam was wearing this?

 

Anonymous aTreasuryOf.com said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Reminds me a titch of Kelly McGillis in WITNESS.

Just a titch though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

she looks awesome. I need some plaid in my winter wardrobe!

xoxo,
F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- check it out!

 

Blogger Noelle Serafino said ... (11:21 AM) : 

I feel a bit as though the skirt is wearing her. The blazer and button-down combo is clean and classic but the proportions of the skirt are just overwhelming. I do tend to agree that because this young woman is "beautiful", we can more easily ignore what doesn't work stylistically.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

LOL @jeffrey(10:44 AM). Amish indeed.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I loveeee the jacket!!!


http://mushitushi.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (11:29 AM) : 

This is just perfect......beautiful!

 

Blogger Chloé Mae said ... (11:31 AM) : 

i love the colors, the layers, and the textures. this is a great Fall outfit!



Chloé Mae.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

It's like she's going to my place to do the day's washing.

 

Blogger Antonio Barros said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Wooow! She looks adorable!!!!
Amazing pic!

thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Dream Sequins said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Oh good! A girl wearing sensible shoes to walk around Paris! I always see people wearing towering heels in style shots and I wonder: is that the first step to developing hammertoes for life?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

maybe this feature should be retitled: Models On The Street.

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about it and nevertheless, she's classy!

 

Anonymous AnjaM... said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Her Collar is perfect. Sometimes a collar folded completely down makes you look a bit stiff; I always have that problem. But she was brave enough to take on a collared shirt and jacket!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Pretty girl, cute school girl look.

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (12:17 PM) : 

very unexptected look, I like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

On the whole, I don't care for this look (she's so lovely she can get away with it, though), but I do really love the plum tights with the greenish shoes (greenish on my monitor, anyway).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

www.thisismysuit.com

Online website - street fashion - recently made

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Well, I just don't get it. All the clothes look too big, the scale of the plaid in the skirt is enormous, and that scarf looks like someone just learning to knit worked on it. Don't let me start on the shoes.... Oh! And those hideous shoulder pads. Never want to see them again! The only redeeming feature of the figure standing there is the face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

"Dowdy" is all I can say.

 

Blogger Her said ... (12:56 PM) : 

LOVE the shoes.

onherline.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Sexy modesty...the skirt gives me the sense she gets her kicks from books and great food. Also reminds me of what my mom wore in the early 80s...not quite noon and I've already gone oedipal. oops

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:10 PM) : 

the skirt makes me want to whip out my scissors and sewing machine and transform it into a beautiful A line - then you would have a really smart look.

 

Anonymous a.major said ... (1:14 PM) : 

gawd she's pretty.
on anyone else, that skirt would be frumpy. on her: avant-garde.

 

Blogger Kelsey.Giesler said ... (1:15 PM) : 

The world of fashion is extremely difficult for me to understand. I think she looks wonderful in this outfit. However, if I tried to wear something like this, I'd get laughed at and told it's not stylish at all. Perhaps when I stand in beautiful Paris with nothing else to do that day it might look good on me. For now, though, A&E, Abercrombie, Hollister, ect is the fashion statement. Which, I can't stand to buy a tiny top for fifty bucks, so I fail at this category, too.

 

Blogger Ammu said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Unusual and somehow, the proportions work. Her stunning face also helps - lovely picture. And I have never seen anyone look better in a skirt of that length.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

top half is sexy. thick wooly looking skirt is just not doing it for me. love the scarf and how it complements both halves of her outfit. just not feeling the look.

 

Blogger Carlos said ... (1:35 PM) : 

She looks good.
Particularly I don´t find her clothes to be stunning, but she can wear anything, I guess. she is really pretty.

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Beautiful gal, but the skirt doesn't do it for me.

 

Anonymous mikaella said ... (1:43 PM) : 

i love your site and your work!

 

Blogger WF said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Wonderful! A very beautiful girl at all.

 

Anonymous evalyn said ... (2:03 PM) : 

She's pretty. Too bad the outfit spells FRUMPY.

 

Anonymous Pickle Horwitz said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Tell us, did traffic actually stop for this beauty or were you privy to a something going on around this town? I love the bokah.

 

Blogger the blabbers said ... (2:40 PM) : 

her jacket and shoes are sooooooo nice! the thick shoulder pads r so cool!




the blabbers
halolalaland.blogspot,com

 

Anonymous margo said ... (2:59 PM) : 

hmmm. I'd like to hear The Sartorialist's comments on this one. She's lovely, but all the clothes are large - they would all look better paired with trimmer items. I'm also surprised by how 80s this looks in a dowdy way.

 

Blogger she-who-travels-with-camera said ... (3:26 PM) : 

she's gorgeous, so she could where a shopping bag and look great. and all the individual pieces are lovely. but everything together is too much. she's drowning. especially, I feel, if she actually put the scarf on, it would be overload central on such a petite lady. the coat, the blouse and the leggings with a smaller skirt or the skirt and the blouse with a smaller top... etc...

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (3:28 PM) : 

This picture left me in some kind of 'shock and awe' - in the end I agree with a lot of the other comments: the clothes are very unflattering and the redeeming feature is her outstanding beauty (and figure...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

This is wonderful because it's authentic and unpretentious. If this beauty was wearing the usual fashionista ensemble she would loose her "je ne sais quoi."

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (4:20 PM) : 

while the clothes may be a bit unflattering, i think she was able to pull off a chic look in general.
nothing seems to fit well or is exactly proportional but she still looks self-assured and confident which is what any great outfit should do for the wearer.

thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

love the proportions on this one. The largeness and masculinity of the clothes just makes her look more delicate. so confident too. would love to wear this and go teach and see the look on my students faces..

 

Blogger Christy said ... (4:31 PM) : 

i love this outfit. she looks stylishly comfortable. she took some risks and is having fun with fashion. every look doesn't have to work on every person. how boring. actually. this looks like something i would wear! i even have a ring like that.

 

Blogger AnnieC said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Oooh, I wore that skirt in 1984 during my first year at FIT. Never thought I'd see something like that come back! I like the upper half of the outfit.

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:29 PM) : 

So elegant, classic, gorgeous...how does she wear that skirt without looking dowdy? Love the scarves...

 

Anonymous tomorrows inspiration said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I love this. She looks warm and comfortable and comforted. I also love the colours of her shoes and stockings with the skirt and jacket.

 

Blogger Amalia said ... (6:17 PM) : 

She looks good.
What?
She does.

 

Anonymous Stella said ... (6:36 PM) : 

The top and bottom are like book I and book II that don't even have the same characters or scene.

The top is cool, flowing and elegant--very modern and metropolitan, and fit for autumn, spring even. The bottom is like a country girl in the winter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

THANK YOU--a true individual not a sheep! fantastic look.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (7:02 PM) : 

It's hard to beat a Parisian woman.

 

Blogger Maria said ... (7:29 PM) : 

I absolutely adore this shot. If I look at it long enough I could say that the skirt isn't properly tailored--but it doesn't matter. The way she carries the outfit is just so lovely. It's casual, modest, quietly pretty, and the mix of textures and patterns and colors makes it so intriguing. It's an outfit very much her own, and if I saw her on the street I would look twice and think how fantastic she is! I love fashion.

 

Blogger Lexi said ... (7:42 PM) : 

pretty blouse.... I don't think your "average" girl could get away with this look tho...

http://3oclockpop.blogspot.com/2009/10/trim-pop_13.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

she is beautiful. love the top haclf.. then came the bottom half..and that includes the shoes too. its ok, she'll get by in life tho cos shes got a beautiful face.

 

Blogger Michael Limaco said ... (10:02 PM) : 

I love that she is wearing an over-sized coat, a long plaid dress, and boy's shoes; but she still pulls off this high fashion look. She knocks the shoes off any high-heeled girl!

 

Blogger mridula said ... (11:07 PM) : 

my first time commenting. have been following for years. She's amazing! Sop beautiful without ruining it by following the dictates of fashion. The pictures from fashion weeks made me tired. Individually some of them captured personality and individuality but taken collectively they spelled conformity. She on the other hand says, beauty is what she makes of it. Not in the eye of the beholder, not in the pages of a magazine, but at the heart of her creativity and fierce intelligence.

 

Blogger rhai♥laborte said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Love the skirt, it reminds me of D&G. Love it much!

Rhai Laborte

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

THE EPITOME OF STYLE. IT IS INNATE. VERY YOHGI OR COMME. SOME WILL GET IT AND OTHERS WONT UNDERSTAND.

 

Blogger Bohemianwhimsey said ... (12:29 AM) : 

I don't know about this outfit ........ it reminds me of the outfits my teachers wore in the french nuns school I went to { and those are not warm loving memories }

 

Blogger Angela Ong said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Lovely

http://angelaocm.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous m.edwin said ... (1:09 AM) : 

while i'm not exactly a fan of this look, i think part of its perfection is that it can annoy people and tease them to reach beyond what is safe and expected.

 

Blogger Louise said ... (1:31 AM) : 

Nice blending of colour and tone but it does remind me a little of "buffalo girls going round the outside".. she is just missing the hat.. is it a forward trend or a past reference is my question?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 AM) : 

Hoorah! Practical and comfortable and lovely. op-shop or new? Who knows; i like the ambiguity.

 

Blogger Monica Dickey said ... (3:14 AM) : 

reminds me of how my mom used to dress, but somehow it's so cool and easy looking!

really love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

This looks too studied! Her hair and make-up are too perfect. It seems a stylist went out of her mind and just hád to create something new. Sorry a girl with that body and looks shouldn't look like her grandmother!

 

Blogger  said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Elle est très belle...très.

 

Blogger Jeanette said ... (3:47 AM) : 

very Chloe.

Agree that your "average" girl cannot get away with this look, anyone shorter or less fresh faced would look like they are carrying a gabage bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

This lovely girl is so refreshing. She is not selling sex which too many young women have learned to do automatically. And when they sell themselves as sex objects they become that: objects. They lose their special autonomy.

But this girl keeps her integrity and her own inner life.

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (11:36 AM) : 

i like her she looks like a sexy Derrida groupie

 

Blogger Georgia said ... (12:06 PM) : 

The skirt, the jacket...This just perfect

comment/visit my blog-
http://propsforbella.blogspot.com/

x

 

Blogger Deafkid said ... (3:09 PM) : 

I don't think I will ever warm up to this style of shoes on girls.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

She reminds me of the beautiful heroine in Tarantino's new movie. Whomever did the costuming for that character was out of this world. I can't really describe the quality - it's something kind of heroic and "standard issue-y"

 

Anonymous Le 21ème said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Amazing skirt. Her proportions are amazing! And the shoes, man!

- Le 21ème

 

Blogger smilla said ... (5:09 PM) : 

she heals my teenage inferiority, when I had to wear selfmade skirts like this fom my grandma, god bless her...I think shes cool, and amazing!

 

Blogger Nickie Frye said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Everything but the shoes. What on earth?! www.nickiefrye.etsy.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Like she is from a very hidden land deep in the meadows. I feel like some corruption of purity book was written about her... maybe Heathcliffe's lover?

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Paris looks great. She'd look great in anything.
I'd like to start wearing skirts again. Why don't I....?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

omg, somebody raided the 80s closet, and not in a good way

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:00 PM) : 

she looks great! definitely a very specific look - not for everyone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful! I love what she combined, love the casualness and the lenght of the skirt. Modern yet vintagy yet manages to be fresh and orignial. Love it, love it!

 

Blogger alastair said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Love it! Truly show us the difference between fashion and style!

I find it funny how so many people are shocked by the skirt! Have we become so blasé to the taboo and avant-garde that it takes something so "traditional" to shock us?

Down with hemlines!

 

Blogger Pleasant Village Community Garden said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Thanks god, Perry Ellis c.1983 is back!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

I canNOT understand the people who read a blog about individual style and then feel compelled to post comments complaining that the individuals' style is too . . . individual. Then, of course, they go on to offer suggestions on how the other person's personal style could be "improved" -- i.e., made to conform.

But I love this look.

 

Blogger K'arhol said ... (10:56 AM) : 

shes so cute , makes me think of "les misérables" from victor hugo (?!)

 

Anonymous Lupe said ... (1:07 PM) : 

What I love about this look is that it seems to completely ignore fashion, and that is wonderfully refreshing - fashion is great as a way to express beauty, not as a comandment. Of course, I agree with many comments on the fact that, stunning and skinny as she is, even a potato bag would look good on her. Average women tied to natural rules, as me, usually can't ignore fashion that easily

 

Blogger Kaz said ... (3:20 PM) : 

This is style not fashion. I couldn't wear this because I'm a) too big for that skirt and b) it's not my style. She however looks fantastic cos it's for her.

 

Blogger unforeseen circumstances a NY undergarment co. said ... (6:15 PM) : 

This is the best look I have seen in a long time!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:31 PM) : 

<3 gorgeous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:32 PM) : 

these pictures are awesome, I wonder what camera is being used!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 PM) : 

this is lovely. yes, her attitude is what carries it off, but the outfit too looks amazing on her. not everyone could wear it, but this "quirky" fashion is inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Lovely picture! And btw it's:
Zuzanna Krzatala. Polish model. Living in NY. xo

 

Anonymous Lilac said ... (10:12 PM) : 

The last moment in time that I recall a skirt this long and full was circa 1982 in my hometown, Montreal, QC. Imagine the mindset that forgoes the F---Me heels and hooker skirts of late.

So fresh.

 

Blogger belladonna said ... (8:56 AM) : 

she looks like a little annie!
you almost want to take her in and offer a hot cup of tea and a warm fire to sit infront off.
nonetheless- i love this look.
she looks warm and lovely, and that skirt is KILLER!

 

Blogger Aaron said ... (2:43 AM) : 

There is something strangely HOT about this girl and i have no idea why?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting