This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Louis Vuitton, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, October 08, 2009

At Louis Vuitton, Paris

Comments on "At Louis Vuitton, Paris"

 

Anonymous Katy McDevitt said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Minnie Mouse. Made me laugh, so probably not the effect she intended.

The cigarette makes me cry tho'. The worst accessory ever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Sorta looks like a Playboy bunny...

 

Blogger Well Done said ... (12:08 PM) : 

French SJP.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Wow, she looks like a fashionable playboy bunny.
I'd love to have her phone number.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Delfina Delettrez Fendi.An unconventional beauty and an awesome jewel designer. Those bunny ears are yummy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

ooo, instant lust!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Um, no. Someone's going to have to explain this to me. Yeah, the shoes are cute, but the proportions are all wrong, the hair is stringy, the "ears" are silly.

(Something tells me I can expect this comment not to show up!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I don't like this skirt with her body!! I'm sorry

 

Blogger Michael Limaco said ... (12:23 PM) : 

That outfit looks sporty. Maybe it's the heels; it looks comfy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I don't like this skirt with her body!! I'm sorry

 

Anonymous ihatethursdays said ... (12:25 PM) : 

FIRST!
love the vuitton look, madonna is totally owning it in the new(er) ad. this gal's got killer legs and she kind of reminds me of sofia coppola. bravo!

 

Blogger Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said ... (12:34 PM) : 

this is perfection, lovely walking shot!

 

Blogger Girl - Personal Stylist said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Soooooo Sexy in the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe

 

Blogger Loren Barake said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Delfina delettrez is truly an unconventional beauty, she is gorgeous in many ways and poseses true sense of style. great picture!

http://www.fashionmemoires.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Oh and by the way she is delfina delettrez fendi, daughter of silvia venturini (FENDI brand)...she is a really funky jewelry designer!!

http://www.fashionmemoires.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:41 PM) : 

definitely not loving this outfit. Looks like Minnie Mouse gone wrong.

 

Blogger SutroBleu said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Awesome shirt, it hangs so well. The skirt is perfect, the shoes to die for. The bow? Well, maybe she didn't want to be too perfect and blind us.

 

Blogger Nicole Cik said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Ohhh we love Delfina Delettrez Fendi!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

nothing could be more chic than a black and cream ensemble mixed with undone, messy hair. bravo, little lady.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

i love this look! the hair, the shoes, the top! so cute. and vuitton used bunny ears in fall 09! represent girl.

 

Blogger Daniella said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Love this, only in Paris could you get away with actually wearing the Louis ears in public... here in Canada i'd probably get a lot of weird looks...

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I love this photo! So cute with the headpiece. love her booties and everything else too!

FashionSnag

 

Blogger sofiasophie said ... (1:21 PM) : 

she's lovely but the cigarette is the wooooorst accessory ever!

 

Blogger Catie said ... (1:22 PM) : 

I bet we'll be seeing Carrie Bradshaw in that hat.

 

Blogger Gülben said ... (1:27 PM) : 

some eyeglasses i would prefer to make her look cool - the ribbon makes her look silly and totally loses the great effect of the shoes :(

 

Blogger Helen said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Everything about this look is fantastic.

 

Blogger MARCA REGISTRADA said ... (1:40 PM) : 

lovely charlotte gainsbourg...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

That look would be great without that silly thing on her head.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

This is fashion? It looks like a costume gone bad! Definitely a no for me! I'm surprised it made the cut for this blog. I'd love to know why!

 

Anonymous Kristine said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I love the fact that she looks so perfect and grown up, and then throws on the bunnyears-bow. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

she is great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

amaaaaazing, love it! fashion is supposed to be fun :)

 

Anonymous emilija said ... (3:11 PM) : 

love the shoes and the headband-thingy!!!

 

Blogger C A said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Very funny style! But it's strange because most of the people living in Paris don't give a damn for style, nothing compared for example if you go to Milan..

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Looks great and sexy......the bow (bunny ears to some) is a bit whimsical but so what.......this blog is full of pictures of women wearing whimsical garments.....Am I alone in thinking the hat worn by the other girl at the Vuitton show has a faint hint of that worn by the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. Women are cut more slack in these matters!!!

 

Anonymous Cam said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Well, always been a fan of Mickey and Minnie! ;)

http://camstyle.tumblr.com/

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Those Vuitton "ears" are just wrong. I cringe every time I see those ads with Madonna wearing them. Ears are for Halloween, Mouseketeers, and Playboy bunnies. They have too many strong associations to ever to be fashionable. Remove them and I can actually see her cute blouse and shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

MTW......More Than Wrong!

 

Blogger K said ... (4:06 PM) : 

everything but the bow. Looks great otherwise. Isn't she a designer herself? she looks familiar

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

I love the bow!

 

Blogger Pat & Reg said ... (4:21 PM) : 

I don't like this at all. The blouse looks to big although the fabric is gorgeous. I like that she's confident enough to wear the ears/bow but her hair looks terrible. At the very least, it needs a brushing.

 

Blogger beverly said ... (4:42 PM) : 

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

as of this moment, three comments published on the cigarette already. now is about time for someone to comment on the anti-cigarette comments, i love this pattern. maybe it's already been written and just not moderated

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Not even Marc Jacobs can make bunny ears look cool. The joke is on us, people. Next year it'll be clown noses...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

I'm not in love with the outfit, but (1) I can't imagine a better compliment than "unconventional beauty" (see earlier posts) and (2)I'd kill for those stems.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

She is a woman not a girl. Therefore the hair bow plus the too short skirt together create an awkwardness.

 

Blogger Nickie Frye said ... (5:19 PM) : 

But it's NOT ears. It's more like a vintage 40's hat. Think "The Women" & remember those cuckoo hats they all wore. That said, I'm not a huge fan of hats in general. I always feel like such a spectacle, esp b/c people insist on commenting, "cute hat", etc. Geez. www.nickiefrye.etsy.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

I get it, but if you're gonna walk around in those all day you had better have a smile on that face.

 

Anonymous Michele said ... (5:55 PM) : 

those ears are soooo last season!

 

Anonymous Le 21ème said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Very Carrie...

- le 21ème

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I for one do not appreciate the anti smoking comments. I do not smoke myself and I know it is not good for your health but really I don't think it is my business to tell anyone not to smoke.
It is an American attitude: I am on this new thing it is called no-smoking and now I want everybody to follow my lead. Relax a little!

 

Anonymous Kristina V. said ... (6:14 PM) : 

She reminds me a Louis Vuitton model with her headband.

She looks gorgeous. Each detail suits perfect.

 

Anonymous AnaPt said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Minnie Mouse style ahah

Still i find it kinda cute :)

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I love this outfit, it is so now! I loved these little bunny ears at Louis Vuitton a/w shows earlier this year, I think they are so cute and fun! Very chic outfit, beautiful monotone and simple!

http://sequinsandbangles.blogspot.com

 

Blogger AnnieC said ... (7:19 PM) : 

It's a little bit of the "Emperor's New Clothes" for me. I suppose I'm supposed to applaud her risk-taking and fashion-forwardness, but instead I'm bemused by the ears, the sloppy blouse and the ill-fitting skirt.

I do enjoy the boots, however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

I love each of these pieces I would change two things.
1.The skirt needs to sit lower her hip so that the fabric sweeps around her frame.
2. The ears are great. Why not sweep her hair toward them and complete the shape?

Even without the changes. I like it.

 

Blogger Brummagem Joe said ... (7:34 PM) : 

"girlfryeday said...
But it's NOT ears. It's more like a vintage 40's hat."

......Of course it is.....I'm afraid it's only the unsophisticated who are off on the bunny kick......it's a whimsical touch....and I love whimsy

"I for one do not appreciate the anti smoking comments."

.......Couldn't agree more....I don't smoke....never have......it's ultimately life threatening but if folks want to do it that's their business.....like sex and religion it's a personal decision....it undoubtedly looks, let's say, interesting.....look at those forties movies.....at times the American self righteousness gets a bit tiresome....and it has absolutely no effect on those its directed at.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I agree with an earlier observation: channeling Carrie Bradshaw. Down to the questionable hat that looks like it's about to take flight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

This outfit is so cute! Love it.

 

Blogger The Cupcake Stand said ... (8:40 PM) : 

I absolutely love this look! Magical! Looks like a dream.

http://cupcakestand.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Maranda said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Playboy bunny/MinnieMouse/French maid costume, all in one. And the skirt looks like a sweater wrapped around her waist. I don't get it.

 

Blogger Nick Leonard said ... (9:22 PM) : 

I love her shoes.

 

Blogger Filipe said ... (9:37 PM) : 

The boots are cool, the socks are wrong.
The blouse is cool, the skirt is wrong.
The hair is cool, the bat version of the bunny ears is, like well said before: a joke.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Totally Carrie Bradshaw!
Maybe SJP should get these for the next Sex & The City movie.

 

Blogger Mo said ... (10:24 PM) : 

this is definitely very Carrie. I love it!

 

Anonymous CEwing said ... (10:35 PM) : 

The hat/bow is super chiq! Kind of a grown up baby doll

 

Blogger luis_andres said ... (11:03 PM) : 

its a kind of sofisticated lady gaga, or the older sister of blair waldorf

 

Anonymous Eva P. said ... (11:15 PM) : 

The comments relating to this picture have lured me out of lurker mode. I’m glad to read opposing viewpoints. It’s so boring when everyone agrees. I am on the side of fabulous. You need confidence to wear these. She has it. In fact, you have to be fabulous to even consider wearing them. That said, she doesn’t have to smile. She doesn’t look like SJP – French, English or Italian. And with all due respect, who says things like, “Bravo, little lady.”? The beauty is, you won’t see these on everybody. For everybody there is a store and it starts with a W.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (12:38 AM) : 

If she didn't have the Playboy Bunny ears, would we even be seeing her here?

Her clothes are expensive. I like the shade of the blouse. Very riche. The shoes are great on with her legs.

The stringy hair and her general sloppiness reminds me of a friend I used to have. It didn't matter what she had on, it always looked like she'd just hiked the Kiber Pass. A kind of female "Pig Pen" (of Peanuts fame).

 

Blogger beautybyfrugal@gmail.com said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Ultra casual chic! Love the booties.

 

Blogger the eye said ... (1:44 AM) : 

So ridiculous !

 

Blogger Siru said ... (3:41 AM) : 

I love the head piece!

juliet xxx

 

Blogger X said ... (4:16 AM) : 

I think the bunny ears work... amazingly well.

 

Anonymous Chesley said ... (6:35 AM) : 

Makes me miss darling Isabella Blow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 AM) : 

This is so embedded in current runway stuff that it's boring, bunny ears or no. Points for chutzpah though.

 

Blogger preppygoesrock said ... (8:04 AM) : 

this reminds me of louis vuitton

check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger JMitchell said ... (8:52 AM) : 

It's like an Elsa Schiaparelli hat... love. She looks great and good for her for just wearing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

She has breasts. It's hard to look this good when you are not flat-chested. Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

that bow didn't look too cool on madonna, either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

teek. i love this. so cheeky and soorta like wearing a funny-glasses-mask. love fashion that has a giggle wrapped up in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Love her outfit. It's impressive

 

Blogger Susie said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Nothing about it I like. The skirt doesn't fit right, not a fan of the blouse either and the ears.. no comment at all.

In regards to the anti smoking comments, its just ugly. In my view its not pretty to watch someone smoke. And so I comment on it on a fashion blog.

Susan

 

Anonymous Gmff said ... (12:43 AM) : 

I hate how people follow whatever the designers put out on the runway literally. Those bunny ears Marc Jacobs put down the runway for Louis Vuitton were hideous, yet some people seem to have trusted him and fallen into the trap. Before you put ears on people, take a look at what happened when Madonna tried to wear them at the Costume Institute Gala in NYC. Makes you think twice doesn't it?

 

Blogger Leanne said ... (6:27 AM) : 

it all looks so forced. and yes, the shirt is very wrong, does no justice to her.

 

Blogger PRIMARY COLOURS. said ... (8:39 AM) : 

My opinion stands much the same as the general consensus, what was this woman thinking? It belongs back in the closet, or in the zoo.


culturefiasco.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (9:23 AM) : 

wow, bon courage! she is definitely living for fashion...and loving every bit of it. the platform peeptoe booties, the chapeaux (?) very Vuitton. she's emulating the sass and spunk of SJP.
I love that there are people out there in the world like her...who will go the extra mile!
http://rafeloves.rafe.com

 

Anonymous 217 rue saint-Honoré said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Why Not ? All is allowed in fashion...

 

Anonymous Ethan said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Really don't get the headwear, but the shoes are striking. Wish I could get a better look at her bag.

 

Anonymous Invincible said ... (2:58 AM) : 

gorgeous...............

 

Blogger LOVESTRUCKCOW said ... (6:50 AM) : 

FENDI carrying LV!
whoaa
milan - paris support.
the shoes have got to be fendi FW 0910

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

For me, the epytome of non elegant.

 

Blogger BOYWonder said ... (5:09 PM) : 

The bunny type ears are cute...very louis...but just not vuitton!

 

Anonymous Sonia said ... (8:29 PM) : 

Her legs are so long, jealous.

I love her whole outfit as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

High style boho, she looks great. Incredible outfit, yet she isn't over done.

 

Anonymous Flavor Magazine said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I was in love for her jewellery but now I want to spend my day with crazy "bunnears" !!!

 

Blogger cheol said ... (1:47 PM) : 

the comparisons to sjp are giving to much credit to sjp and/or basing the comparison on an admittedly similar face and nose. ddf looks better than sjp, imho.
also, there seem to be a lot of comments about her skirt being out of proportion and her long, beautiful legs. from what i know, she's not that tall. in a picture of her standing next to kate moss, kate, who is 5'7", was clearly taller. i'd argue it's the skirt proportion that makes her legs look longer, which is not a bad effect.

 

Anonymous Hilla Ohayon said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Thumbs up! So my style...
Loved it.

www.hillaohayon.com

 

Anonymous Caroline said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I love bold hairpieces! Nay to Minnie Mouse and Bunny-Ears comments. And who could deny how beautiful those boots are?

 

Blogger Rosie said ... (9:57 PM) : 

I think she looks great--my hat's off to her for wearing what she wants with aplomb! I think it's sad when people don't think you are in fashion because you don't look cookie cutter like everyone else. Fashion is all about taking risks and wearing what feels right to YOU.

http://rosieshaheen.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Elegant Evening Dresses said ... (11:46 PM) : 

i love the style. she is looking great.

 

Blogger AONIE said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Minnie mouse...I don't like her outfit and her style too...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:32 PM) : 

french maid costume for me... that's for sure

 

Blogger Kameron said ... (3:31 PM) : 

I've always wondered how the LV bunny ears from the runway would translate to street stylistas. She definitely pulls them off well :)

-Kam
www.shesavanitygirl.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Communion Dresses said ... (3:01 AM) : 

So cute and beautiful shoes.
Nice color and nice type of shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

It's look like Amy Winehouse style.

 

Anonymous Guga said ... (5:33 AM) : 

I dont wanna see myself as a close minded person... its gonna take a while for me to digest those ears.....its funny and bla bla bla..... lady gagaesque kinda thing... but....its a matter of fabric. shape...and size... or not.... whatever

 

Anonymous jennifer said ... (3:56 AM) : 

I love the style very much!She looks very beautiful in that cloth
flower girl dresses

 

Anonymous filower girl dress said ... (2:43 PM) : 

This is reaally cool and look good

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:04 AM) : 

Looks nice to me because she was able to rock the look.

I will not recommend this for younger girls though.
A more "tamed" girls party dresses will do.

 

Anonymous flower girl dresses said ... (10:44 PM) : 

when you wear something unusual with confidence it always looks good....ciggarett not so much

 

Anonymous flower girl dress said ... (10:22 PM) : 

my hat's off to her for wearing what she wants with aplomb! smoke not so much.

 

Anonymous dresses said ... (4:43 AM) : 

this is perfection, lovely walking shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 AM) : 

love the shoes and the headband-thingy!!!dresses

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting