This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Patches, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, September 13, 2009

On the Street....Patches, NYC


Comments on "On the Street....Patches, NYC"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

I 100% hate those jeans but pretty much adore everything else. Wouldn't that outfit just be so simple, eye pleasing and streamlined if she had on an easy pair of dark denim jeans?

 

Blogger zoe. xox said ... (10:51 AM) : 

i love them jeans. Great shoots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

The Swedish model Filippa Berg.

 

Anonymous Care Home Newquay said ... (11:04 AM) : 

I had never thought of using patches to dress up a pair of jeans before, but this really works well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Hand made? or $1000 pre-made?

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (11:10 AM) : 

If only patches had been cool when my mum patched up my ripped jeans when I was at school! I think I am to traumatised by that to ever like patches, elbow patches on the other had I rather love!
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Fred said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Jacket, scarf and T have been "thrown" together well. Jeans look just a bit too contrived for me.
(Can't begin to imagine what her breath must smell like.)

 

Anonymous stefica said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Until someone said it was a fashion model, I was wondering if this was recession style, which would be good to see. I guess not!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

This is fantastic. Sure she would have been perfect in dark washed denim but who wants to be....well, simple. Much better this way. Adore. Sometimes ugly is fabulous.

 

Blogger A.Rane said ... (11:22 AM) : 

burn the denim bag.

 

Blogger chula said ... (11:25 AM) : 

long life to patchwork!!

 

Blogger Graham I. Haynes said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I love it when people go against trend and look contemporary regardless. But with a body like that, I imagine it's a rare day when this dame looks anything less than phenomenal.

Graham
suckmysavvy.com

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (11:28 AM) : 

like the patches but not th ecut of the jeans

and people really shouldn't spend out if they can do it themselves.

 

Blogger Noa Raviv said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Love it!!

love the picture, love the jacket, love the girl, love the jeans.

>
> Hook The Look

 

Blogger Colina Terui said ... (11:46 AM) : 

They're Levis so it's possible they came like that or she could have had them custom altered at the Levis store where you can have them do almost anything to your own jeans. I like them!

 

Anonymous mister whoo said ... (11:49 AM) : 

sexy

 

Anonymous hellena said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Hate the jeans but woooow this jacket is amazing!!!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Absolutely beautiful. I know patch madras, but patch denim? Not so much. I'm not a big fan of denim in general, but on this young woman it looks fabulous. I'm converted!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Ho hum. My jeans, 1962. Love the jacket tho.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I am with the first commenter . . . the jeans don't do it for me. But the rest of the outfit works.

 

Blogger Tristan said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I don't smoke, and i don't like the negative externalities of smoking. But theres something about the cigarette in her hand that really completes the shot.

Tristan

 

Blogger My Peace Of Food said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Love this! So hippie chic.

 

Anonymous Hannah said ... (12:11 PM) : 

I like that she allows the jeans to be the only rough element in her otherwise polished ensemble. I'm not sure if I would love them on someone else, but on her and with these clothes they look amazing.

 

Blogger Gigi Thibodeau said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I don't like patches where patches aren't needed. It lacks authenticity. When your jeans get a hole, patch them. That looks cool and it's thrifty. Otherwise, buying jeans with patches all over them is just affected. I love the rest of her outfit, though!

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Can't say that I'm fond of the jeans (I do appreciate her trying though) too much but I DO love her top portion and her facial expression haha.....

 

Blogger SequinsandBangles said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Love the top half of this girls outfit, very hippy chic! Patchwork denim is not something I am a fan of. For some reason I love her denim bag, I normally don't go for denim accessories but somehow this works! Love her hair :)

http://sequinsandbagles.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

eeessshh! are people really going to try to bring back the 70s? I was made in the 70s and even I don't want to see that fashion come back.

 

Anonymous karmapolice said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I could never never wear this; it is just not me.

But that is the whole point; her personality comes through these clothes. They wouldn't look right on anyone else, I think. She's very sweet, very charming!

 

Blogger ThisWankingLife said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Gorgeous woman, interesting jeans. jesus I miss new york.

 

Blogger ZEPETIT said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I don´t really like those jeans! Thy look very old.

Zepequeña.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

I'm almost sad to read that she's a model.

The contrast btwn the cool tailored jacket and shaggy jeans is terrific - dialogue not matching - very hard to get right. Also there is something very tactile about the patching that's incrrredidibly sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

I love the wonderful look of that girl. The jeans are splendid, her backside is very nice. I am not a smoker, but the cigarette is the finishing touch. Really cool, the cigarette in her hand. Yes she has a nice hippie look!!

 

Anonymous Thecountess said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I really like her blazer.. her hair is great too!!

 

Blogger Siru said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Amazing jeans!

juliet xxx

 

Anonymous yumichika said ... (2:34 PM) : 

that jeans are wonderful and original.

www.hand-me-down-shop.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous MaxW said ... (2:47 PM) : 

In Stockholm too.

http://caroline.feber.se/art/164825/new_jeans/

 

Blogger Nandi said ... (2:53 PM) : 

*Beautiful happy hippie! :)

x

 

Blogger Natalie J Monty said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Grooovy <3
xxx

 

Blogger Phoebe Rose said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Somehow she pulls this off flawlessly :)

http://flowergirlfashion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I like the idea of patching jeans, one must always asses wether they are restoring something with potential or merely "polishing a turd".

I think these jeans have reached the point where thy should have been seen unsalvageable, and therefore patching them is too kooky and weird.

Bob.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

She looks wonderful. The naysayers sound so un-creative. What a boring world it would be if everyone played it safe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I don´t think the jeans fit her.

 

Blogger amalie said ... (4:12 PM) : 

ooh she looks good in those jeans! shes lovelyy .

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:21 PM) : 

woe everything does come back in the late 60's early 70's we wore patches because we were broke,and it became well fashionable ,the beast patch was a red bandana sewed on the inside of your jeans to hide dare I say ass

Peace as always

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Sarto, I imagine as wonderful as you are you're getting even better. I love the past few images so much personality and expression, lovely.

 

Anonymous An said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Love the blazer, top, and scarf together. Hate the jeans.

 

Blogger epic said ... (5:04 PM) : 

horrible jeans. horrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

The shoes complete this look. There's something about worn-in leather that makes jeans look amazing. Needless to say, I want them!

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I think she's super cool/artsy girl! Love the whole look... jeans, scarf, everything! LOVE it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

credit has gotta be given to the queen of this style, RTX frontwoman Jennifer Herrema.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Love her style!
What do you call those leather shoes she's wearing??

 

Blogger Zeina said ... (6:22 PM) : 

absolutely love her style! what do u call those leather shoes she is wearing???

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I don't find any of her look interesting, except her hair, which is beautiful.

Does the cut of those jeans look undeniably vintage? Looking at the cut of the backside and hips and the length makes me think she might have found these resale. Which is cool. Vintage patched up Levis are all over eBay.

 

Blogger penelope said ... (9:04 PM) : 

every. single. thing. perfect.

she looks fabulous...

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (10:08 PM) : 

The entire styling is magnificant, however I would rather have Levi's without the patches

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Amazing fit doesn't hurt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

those jeans are horrible!

 

Blogger D. said ... (1:13 AM) : 

i don't like the patches, as they are a bit overdone. The fit on the other hand. See how it sits on her body like a second skin.

 

Blogger Mi said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Filippa Berg @ Swedish ELLE:
She's in fashion

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

I disagree that this look would improved with a pair of skinny jeans. There would be little contrast in her outfit. The cut of the jeans and her boots are what make this so interesting. I think the only critique I have is that I would have rather seen these same jeans worn in, but before the point of needing to be patched up.

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (3:36 AM) : 

the length of the jeans is odd.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 AM) : 

Those jeans are FUN!! Not for most of us, but sure brings out the playful size of her.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (5:23 AM) : 

The blazer is by the amazing Australian label Lover!
check their website out loverthelabel.com.au

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (6:37 AM) : 

I like it, Filippa has got a great personal style!

 

Anonymous Sophia said ... (7:18 AM) : 

Love everything above the hips.

Those jeans. Argh. Theyre called distressed jeans because they make me distressed.

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Love the whole outfit! Her jeans are amazing!

 

Anonymous Claire said ... (8:16 AM) : 

I think I would like those jeans if they were skinny and not flared. I love the rest of the outfit though.

 

Blogger Pretty Lovely said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Those jeans are soo beautiful. I love her hair too.

xx,
Samantha

 

Blogger Pam said ... (12:50 PM) : 

The jeans make the outfit. Love them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

omg she is SOO BEAUTIFUL

 

Blogger Jane said ... (3:53 PM) : 

I saw this young woman myself on saturday, she sat down next to me and the first thing I noticed was the jeans, she reminded me of a Jane Birkin from the early 70's. I liked her look then and in photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

I just loved the jeans!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 AM) : 

Go Sweden!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

BRILLIANT. one of the best ensembles in a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

This makes me think of how my mom dressed and looked(and still does for the most part) back in the day. I'm really loving it!

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Love it! Bringing back the old school with the jeans but keeping it classic and fresh with the jacket & stripes. I would not be sad to see the denim bag go.

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (8:00 PM) : 

She could be a fashion "don't" in the back of a US mag, but she's kool! I like her & her nonchalance!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

she went to my high school in stockholm! :D cool jeans.

 

Blogger wanabe said ... (1:24 AM) : 

natural beauty .. not in trend really.
love that .

 

Blogger WREN said ... (2:44 AM) : 

fillipa berg -- in the new wren look book
yay, fillipa!

 

Anonymous The Clever Pup's husband said said ... (8:44 AM) : 

"Nice bottom"

 

Anonymous texaskellie said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Loving her shoes....I'm totally jealous.....How come this look on me just looks daggy :(

 

Blogger About Me said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Great DIY idea!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:57 PM) : 

The jacket is LOVER a label from Sydney xx

 

Anonymous kaunis said ... (9:32 PM) : 

OMG, I love those! My friend as a pair just like them, except a little less patches. Come and vist!
-kaunis.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

the jacket and the whole LOVER collection was actually inspired BY HER style! isn't it amazing?

 

Anonymous robert said ... (5:50 PM) : 

this is flawless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

the comments on here astound me sometimes. she obviously isn't going for "ugly is better," she's simply being herself via fashion. jeez. don't try to assign so much analytical meaning to fashion. while it DOES mean everything and nothing all at once, let it be what it is. people as gifted as she at constructing unique ensembles hardly need the opinion of someone who doesn't "get" it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 PM) : 

As someone who owns perhaps 30 pairs of jeans in all different types of styles and fabrications, I must say that I love these. However, I would have worn a plain, Henley t-shirt so that the jeans are center stage.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting