This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Holland Pride, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, September 20, 2009

On the Street...Holland Pride, London

Comments on "On the Street...Holland Pride, London"

 

Anonymous kosichkina said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Her sandals make this girly outfit more mature, I reckon. Angelic creature!

 

Anonymous sanne van der steeg said ... (12:42 PM) : 

love the colours and the print, simply stunning :) And a little bit of dutch koninrijk oranje never jurt anyone :)

 

Blogger SarahELizand said ... (12:42 PM) : 

amazing how such a blend of colors can work so perfectly! i love it all but what i love more is the blazer nice colors and the buttons are so neat and add great texture.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Iekeliene! Looking fabulous obviously. Doe zo voort, meid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Anyone know where the shoes come from. They look perfect.

 

Anonymous Antonio Barros said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I love the colors!

thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Good bokeh in this shot. :) What lens are you shooting with usually?

 

Blogger Rosalind said ... (12:57 PM) : 

I would normally wince at something so bright, but I think she carries it off perfectly.
I love the patterns, and what a gorgeous blazer! And the sandals just dress it down so it doesn't look too showy.
Great post.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:59 PM) : 

No criticism here. She would make anyone's day in that outfit. : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Beautiful!

 

Anonymous MIA said ... (1:03 PM) : 

wow! what a colours!

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (1:04 PM) : 

the light!

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Gorgeous! Go Dutchie!

 

Anonymous Milena (Serbia) said ... (1:07 PM) : 

so autumn-like :))) lovely, but kinda retro ;)

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Crazy cool!

 

Blogger Pj said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Not really a big fan of the colour orange but it suits her and goes together perfectly with that crazy printed top.

 

Blogger Olha Pryymak said ... (1:14 PM) : 

when did you manage to get some sun on your subject in London today?! He orange persona shines so well in the rare London sunlight

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Is this the same girl:

Go to page 2 of:

http://photodiarist.typepad.com/thephotodiaristcolor/

 

Anonymous Golnaz said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Hey, I am loving this weblog and I'm loving her style! Wow! Everything's here so vivid!

 

Blogger Cassiopeia said ... (1:21 PM) : 

beautiful colours. great shot. xxxc

 

Blogger kayang said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Most of the time, when I'm looking at photograph of her in "street wear" she's wearing that blazer! And in such different ways each time.

Or perhaps it's one just like that.

I love all the colour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

the absolute best picture I've seen in quite some time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

The dress is great, something that's easy to dress up or down

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Wow!! These shots of Londoners are SO GREAT!!! The Brits are so darn stylish. Maybe it's just mostly London, like mostly New York in the U.S.

I know that if she wore this great look in San Francisco, most people would stare and thing she was an idiot - often when I go through town with a moderately stylish and even remotely tailored or edgy, I get stared down by both men and women. The people in SF just don't get it - it's hard to live in such a beautiful city and be surrounded by such as style "challenged" populous. I guess it just makes me look better!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

those totally un-fashion shoes with such a vibrantly colored outfit, i suppose it comes to a happy balance.

 

Blogger Almaty Street Fashion said ... (2:16 PM) : 

What a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

The Dutch(ess)!

 

Blogger Anna said ... (2:20 PM) : 

This is how orange tights should be worn.

The outfit + the sunlight's lighting... gasp!

- Anna

http://skiddish.blogspot.com

 

Blogger (Tura) said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Increible, jamás te podran igualar

http://the-entomologist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger APBVDM said ... (2:26 PM) : 

little baby doll

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Oh my, you must love Iekeline. Oranje boven!

 

Blogger Hanna Persson said ... (2:36 PM) : 

pretty pretty pretty :)

 

Anonymous Hannah said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Iekeliene is a vision! I love that all of her clothes look both over the top and comfortable and distinctly "her." She seems to really be enjoying herself!

 

Blogger Donna Camacho said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I'm usually not such a big fan of this color, but she beautifully pulled it off. lovesssiiiittt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I'm loving the constant uptade! Thanks so much, sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

This is personal style. Sensible shoes yet totally feminine feel.

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (3:17 PM) : 

She's so cool. I'm reminded of two Dutch friends who went to circus school in Paris in the early 1980s. They were both tall blond Dutchies. In their mini skirts, they could hardly walk down Paris streets without causing a riot!

(I think Paris was more conservative then.)

And, thank goodness for the return of the (non-ballet) flat shoe. I love her fisherman's sandals.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Wow, really fun! I hope this means this year will be colorful, even in winter! We need the uplift.

I agree with a previous poster that the hurache-like shoes tones the outfit down to look very personal. Love them with graphics of the dress.

A kind of nod to Mexico.

 

Blogger Anita Puksic said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Peace and love!

 

Blogger Lucy in the Sky said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I love Iekeliene's style! Quite 60s mod in here! <3

 

Blogger Goodle. said ... (3:31 PM) : 

This is such a vibrant outfit! And i love her hairstyle too! Really great shot!

Goodle x

 

Blogger Mii said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Really stylish!

 

Blogger La Victorienne said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Tja Nederlanders in oranje..
(Orange being the national color of the Netherlands)

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (3:42 PM) : 

man, I think she is the only one who can pull off orange tights. Orange is not my color, but for some girls it looks so fab!

check out me & my jimmy choos in Barcelona at www.fashionsnag.com

 

Anonymous Catherine like Deneuve said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Mooi! (which is one of my two Dutch words, along with the ever-useful lekker)
Her tunic reminds me of my youth in the 1970s.
She has magnificent legs, which would be great in any color.
I love that she looks so fine while wearing practical shoes that a person actually can walk in for more than two feet.
A lesson for us all.

 

Blogger IAMTHEANGELNEGRO said ... (3:44 PM) : 

loved!!!

 

Blogger Angie Crystal said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Meninas, estou aqui para contar sobre o sorteio que será realizado no meu blog http://angiecrystal.blogspot.com/ se quiserem participar e ou divulgar, ficarei muito feliz.

Beijo no coração de todas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

iekeline stange perhaps?

 

Anonymous Jessie said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Hup Holland !

 

Anonymous Kat said ... (4:25 PM) : 

I adore the whole thing. Her blazer, the shirt, the tights, the shoes, the colours, everything! I think the fact that her hair is so fair makes the outfit more exceptional. Beautiful.



Kat
holyhooligans.com

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (4:27 PM) : 

honestly.. so fabulous!!

 

Anonymous JayD said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Lulz just saw this... www.YouTubeVid.tk Quite similar huh?

 

Blogger Peter Breese said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Beautiful -- I'm a big fan of orange!

 

Anonymous Maya said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Iekeline Stange ! Lover her.

 

Blogger Intrinsically Florrie said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Wow, what gorgeous, stand-out colours. The sandals aren't my favourite thing ever but considering how amazing the dress/tights/jacket combo is this is still a wonderful outfit.

Florrie x

 

Anonymous Coronita said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Perfect on many levels.

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Wow, this makes even me proud of Holland. She really looks like a prototype dutchie.
I have to say I hardly ever wear orange, even though I'm dutch.

 

Blogger B a la Moda said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Everything works. I never thought that a full orange outfit could work this well.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

 

Blogger OC Modern Homes said ... (5:34 PM) : 

orange and turquoise, two of my favorite colors and she wears them so well.

 

Anonymous Ave said ... (5:40 PM) : 

This is great! I love the colors and patterns and it somehow matches with her hair perfectly. I totally agree with anonymous back there about people looking at you funny if you wear anything different. I just switched from a little liberal arts school to a state school and I think half of the people I live with have pegged me as the weird girl just for not wearing jeans and t-shirts! I think it's just wonderful when people express themselves like this.

 

Blogger Lee said ... (6:18 PM) : 

beautiful, inspiring and fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Love the colours.

 

Anonymous Lloyd said ... (6:36 PM) : 

wow, love the mix of colors.
and her fresh face just stands out. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

The colors and all the pins and the bag and her face and I love it~!

www.shorewalkers.org

 

Blogger Deafkid said ... (6:56 PM) : 

a perfect outfit.

 

Blogger Noelle + Kendall said ... (9:10 PM) : 

So crazy!! we admire people like her .. she looks fab!

-N + K
www.fanseapants.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Diana said ... (9:58 PM) : 

what a lovely outfit.

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (10:13 PM) : 

Love the bold use of color!! I'm such a color-phobe sometimes, this is definitely inspiring....


thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Saffron said ... (10:45 PM) : 

The Pied Piper of Hamlin?

 

Anonymous sophie said ... (11:39 PM) : 

love it except for the shoes.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (11:43 PM) : 

WoW! I love the colours in the outfit! Bold colours of the same family mixed with bold prints on the mod dress! LOVELY! I totally wanna get her leggings!

 

Anonymous Anni Hall said ... (12:18 AM) : 

Gorgeous! as usual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 AM) : 

gorgeous! such a refreshing use of color. and a great title!

 

Blogger Keli said ... (12:22 AM) : 

nice!! she definitely pulled the look off. love the buttoms on the jacket. lots going on, but somehow it works. bravo.

http://thestarspurple.blogspot.com

 

Blogger chula said ... (12:40 AM) : 

grey city = colorful clothes.. best option;-)

 

Blogger flybynightkarmarepair said ... (1:25 AM) : 

I'm not sure this is and outfit anyone else could wear, but she sure sells it!

RE San Francisco - I used to think when I worked downtown 30 years ago it was a dress-up town. I had 5 jackets I rotated through, and a rack of ties.

Nowadays, it's rare to see someone NOT wearing jeans or black or both, and that's locals, tourists, and all classes from the mumblers in the tenderloin to the swells in Pacific Heights. NEVER again will you catch me dead in denim or black street clothes, although I reserve the right to wear my embroidered black cowboy shirt to cajun dances, and my evening jacket to formal events.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 AM) : 

wow stunning...she could use a nice bowtie to complete the outfit... found this cool site while

www.jcravata.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

She looks like Tinkerbell on acid!

In a good way, I swear.

Them colors are all over the place, but the orange ties them in nicely. Good use of complementary colors.


thesunlightdistrict.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

Anon 1:47, I so agree. I used to get that when I lived in SF too. What I always wonder about is why these people feel they must sneer at a perfect stranger's clothing. Staring people down in the street is childish. Where I live now, I'm currently attracting glares from women (I'm a woman!) over loose tailored trousers, of all things!

Two thoughts: One, when you sneer at people over how they're dressed, you're sneering at their self-expression and their creativity. NOT cool; does NOT contribute. Two, for what it's worth, the people who do this will probably be wearing what you're wearing *now* in a couple of years anyway -- when all their friends are doing the exact same thing, so it's "safe" in their minds.

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (6:52 AM) : 

colour and pattern need to make a comeback

 

Blogger Mihaela Stoica said ... (7:05 AM) : 

This is so close to my style and I am so happy to see daring people! Color forever! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

ahh wow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I am amazed: her coloring seems so delicate and yet she carries off these intense oranges so well. What a fun, youthful look. An updated throwback to the late 60's and 70's.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I really like this. I've got to get some more coloured tights.

The what I call "Peter Pan" shoes are great too. Are you sure you didn't raid my photo album?

 

Blogger Dale Jefferies said ... (11:13 AM) : 

iekeliene stange is a precious gift from god!

 

Blogger Isabelle Lafleche said ... (12:45 PM) : 

WOW! The color really pops! LOVE IT!!

 

Anonymous Style Geek said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Wow! (*__*) she could brighten up anybody's day. Colored tights would be a good investment for the coming winter months as would a blazer to match. Love this chicks style <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

like a walking piece of art. i could never think of a way to work that dress but she just does it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Oooh, love the buttons: she looks right out of the Anti-Sex Society.

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Her ensemble & beautiful colors is one of the best outfits I've seen here. Truly beautiful & old world!

 

Anonymous madeleine said ... (8:24 PM) : 

love the coloursss

 

Blogger Eileen Marie said ... (9:23 PM) : 

The bright orange is just beautiful especially when constrasted with the burnt oragne in the jacket! The shoes are more casual than what I may envision but it doesn't matter here. She looks great. Sometimes comfort and neutral shoes are just what is needed!

http://fabulousheels.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Calirori said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Now, I dont know many people that could pull off a look quite like this! I think she wears it well and hopefully she inspires people to mix and match things they didnt first think of :) she's gorgeous, great photography ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 AM) : 

I just love that Iekeliene dyed her hair, its so pretty!blio

 

Anonymous roxstr said ... (6:25 AM) : 

This is a stunning outfit and shot. She looks gorgeous and I love the bright orange mixed with brown flat sandals. Love it!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Holy tights Batman! Great colors and accessories!

 

Blogger maxie said ... (12:56 PM) : 

this. is amazing. so bold and brave. seeing her on the street would make my day feel livelier.

 

Anonymous Suzanne said ... (9:08 AM) : 

I would never be able to brave the outside world in such a LOOKATME! ensemble, but she does it so well. Also, the badges are a nice touch.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:10 PM) : 

I LOVE COLOR, and this girl is rocking it!

 

Blogger Ashley Reese said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Love the tights! I'd def wear that outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

CARROT?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

I love this!! Daring colors- she's a true individual.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting