This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Gues Who's Coming To The Party!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gues Who's Coming To The Party!

Two of my favorite subjects to shoot, Lino and Simone, have come all the way from Italy for the party/book signing at Barneys tonight!

Here is the info again:

New York Book Signing
Tuesday Sept 15th
5 to 7 pm
Barneys New York
60th & Madison
3rd Floor

Comments on "Gues Who's Coming To The Party!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

OMG! I love Simone!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I wish these guys were my uncles......theyre tooo cool! x

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (11:19 AM) : 

elegant suits, Simoneis very charme.
I wish you the best tonigh, I hope you have many congratulations .
regards from spain

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:24 AM) : 

How can I not love SimonEEEE - what style!! Everything i would want to be if I were a man LOL!

 

Anonymous seeker said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Congrats Scott!!!
Wish i could be there too
Seeker from Argentina

 

Anonymous Emanuele said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Lovely simplicity of the clear stripes over a grey suit; black tie and a pochette, nothing better...

 

Anonymous Linn Emilie said ... (11:52 AM) : 

what a style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Oh my...these men are so fabulous. Italian men...sigh.

 

Blogger Max said ... (12:10 PM) : 

second picture = the epitome of cool.

 

Blogger sallymandy said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I want to marry #2.

 

Anonymous Pietman said ... (1:01 PM) : 

I want to look like this now and one fine day.

 

Blogger UESman said ... (1:27 PM) : 

GODDAMNIT!!!@#$%#%@#$#@!!!! Why do I have to be away from home right now??????

 

Blogger M said ... (1:29 PM) : 

LOVING the book

 

Anonymous Mike R said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Thank you for showcasing men looking like men -- elegant and tastefully dressed. The fashion-victims of the past several days look silly -- particularly in contrast to these gents.

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (2:02 PM) : 

These men are very charming looking; I like the brown shoes

By focusing on street fashion, you've brought the power of individual dressing back to the hands of the public. Designers have always looked to street fashion for inspiration but now people are looking at one another for their inspiration. I really love this movement and congratulate you for your great work.

You fit right in with the eco-sustainable trend:it's ok for people to mix and match whatever they like.Home sewing is back in style too.

I love your site and will buy your book too.

 

Blogger Filipe said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Simone rules!

 

Blogger One Man's Style said ... (2:49 PM) : 

so if i leave boston now do you think i can make it in time!!! haha thats awesome , these guys are too cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

okay, I guess I'll take out my chocolate pin-stripe suit again. Too bad about the milquetoast shoes, though. otherwise, beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Why there are a lot of people with cigarettes in your photos? Is it a tribute to Golden Age of Hollywood?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Oh, you're not mentioning Milan at all...sigh. Not going? Too booked out? I'll be there Thu., Fri., Sat. of Fashion Week and would love to get my copy signed....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:53 PM) : 

I am so incredibly happy for you! A late congratulations on getting your book. We're really hoping you come to Firenze for a book signing as it would be lovely to see you. Once again congratulations and have fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

First guy looks really elegant. Second guy is ok, but loses major points for the clip on suspenders!

 

Blogger YOSHINO, Masaki said ... (4:40 PM) : 

cigarette and cigar?
heritage from past fashion.
are they allowed and admired as these men are good looking or just they are italians or these are just photographs?
i was a bit shocked because i am now trying to stop smoking in order to be accepted by others.

 

Blogger CW said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Too bad the wind spoiled the second shot for use in contrasting the tie widths. Both narrow and wide ties are around right now.

imho, a more formally cut suede shoe would work better with the second gent's suit.

 

Anonymous Stephen said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Simone seems unable to leave the house without looking amazing. I want to see his closet!

 

Anonymous Charlotte said ... (6:08 PM) : 

I am 25 blocks away from your book signing. But, I am scared. Am I stylish enough to approach you?

 

Blogger LC said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Sart,

congrats from Lawrence Covell!!!

We are all very proud and look forward to showcasing a copy of your book in the store.

On personal note - how fun to have Simone and Lino - those two always look great.

Andrew

 

Blogger SarahELizand said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I wish I could have gone to the book signing in NYC, but school and all was an issue. Congratulations on the book! I love the first man's outfit, the colors fit him nicely. Anyways I hope your hand isn't cramped by the end of the signing! Have a nice day :)

 

Anonymous desertwind said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Many congrats for all your success, Sart.

The party must be just breaking up about now & you must let us know if there are writeups on it.

Don't be modest.

 

Blogger Bohemianwhimsey said ... (7:57 PM) : 

These guys have the right attitude to look as good as they do !

 

Blogger zincink said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Perhaps I am a pinhead because I don't know of these men, but I am just cruising through to get inspiration.

I like this look and coloring. Crisp and simple.

 

Blogger Edna Leshowitz said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Wow. Love the suit and certainly the suspenders, but the photo itself is beautifully shot. Absolutely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

i repeat: please come to australia again and do a signing here! i special-ordered the book from the US but i can't very well special order YOU! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Why don't I meet men like that? I go to the movies, art galleries, I bathe, wear nice clothes, but I never find men like that in my life. Would they even pay attention to a 54-year-old librarian?

 

Blogger Andre Gorr said ... (10:29 PM) : 

and, for all to know - keep in mind - the suits are BESPOKE!!!!(custom made-to-measure)...
great italian tradition...
great shots, and great well-dressed men!

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (10:32 PM) : 

haha thats too cool. good for you, Scott.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Sart, I am sad that your first Book Signing was in Paris. Perhaps it is wrong to say but I felt you owed it to New York to debut there.

 

Blogger andrea.at.the.blue.door said ... (12:09 AM) : 

When I finally succeed in becoming Empress of the Universe I will pass an edict that only the Italians shall be allowed to design men's suits. (The Brits will still be allowed to do tweeds, though)

Lovely images.

 

Blogger julia :: the long long swing said ... (12:38 AM) : 

lino looked just as fantastic in person as in pictures.

what a wonderful event...thank you for inspiring!

 

Anonymous Scoob said ... (12:55 AM) : 

Love the beard. Also if you wear something the 'right way' it'd never go "out of fashion"!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 AM) : 

First guy looks ridiculous. What is right about a strangling collar, too wide lapels and too large a jacket on top of trousers that look too narrow for the jacket.
The second guy looks great - he's relaxed in the suit the is right for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Only four hours away, but still to far on a "school night"~~must be Mommy first, Sart Fan second! :)

Tell us all about it!!

Michelle

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:05 AM) : 

I'd cross the ocean to see Simone.

 

Anonymous The Clever Pup's husband... said ... (8:38 AM) : 

took one look at this and said "that's a cheap suit." to which I answered, " I think he works for a tailor". "Well then, that's the problem with double-breasted, they look better done up."

The Clever Pup's husband liked Simone's look but wished he had button-on suspenders not clip-on.

 

Anonymous merzbild71 said ... (10:29 AM) : 

He's HOT. I hope I have that much dash when I'm his age. He has a young man's stance and attitude (and body). The years haven't diminished his masculinity or vitality. Bravo, whoever you are.

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (12:16 PM) : 

second portrait is awesome, really beautiful, colors, light, composition....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Please have a signing in LA!

 

Anonymous Bibi in wonderland said ... (5:46 PM) : 

We would love to have you in Milan, why don't you come here too! I'm waiting to receive your book from the online store and I really can't wait to see it. Congrats!!!

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (7:52 PM) : 

Oh my god, yes, I saw him, Lino, and was awestruck. It's him, him from the book! Wow! Haha, it was a great time.

 

Anonymous drmitch said ... (8:20 PM) : 

You must have more unpublished photos of Simone; please publish/post! The guy is an inspiration and I'd like to see what other tips he can offer visually.

 

Blogger Erik Hanson said ... (9:28 PM) : 

I am so sorry I missed the signing, I would love to meet you and your friend simone would make an excellent subject for a portrait, I would love to paint him>

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Nice shots, Scott.

Simone looks like a man of the arts who could also wrestle you into a knot if the situation arose whilst still looking like a gentleman. Lino looks like the typical Italian character. Behold, ladies and germs, these gentlemen are showing you how a man should present to the world.

hahaha, JPFAN, 4:40PM... you stop smoking for yourself, not to be accepted by others. Your comment encapsulates what is wrong with fashion these days. People tend to dress to be accepted when they should do so to to please the self.

-Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

fantastico!!!
Gabi, desde lejos!

 

Anonymous Hector said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Lino's forever!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Simone and Lino are hot - wish I could have joined too but I'm too far away (Sydney.... - sigh...)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting