This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

First Book Signing at Colette!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, September 03, 2009

First Book Signing at Colette!

I am so excited to announce that my first book signing will be at Colette, in Paris this Saturday from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.

As someone who grew up always wanting to be a fashion designer it gives me a great amount of pleasure to have a window display of my work at Colette. Ok, it might not be the type of art that I thought I might create when I was younger. It goes to show that you should never give up the dream, but also don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie.

I am taking a long weekend/Labor Day, so new posts will be up starting next Monday or Tuesday.

Hope to see you at Colette!

Comments on "First Book Signing at Colette!"

 

Blogger Pepa said ... (9:39 AM) : 

All the best, wish I could be there...you deserve it!

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (9:42 AM) : 

congrats....you deserve all the recognition and more

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Congratulations, Sart! Have fun in Parigi!!

 

Anonymous Tom Morton said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Sart, are you signing in London by any chance?

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9:49 AM) : 

See you this Saturday then, hopefully!! If it's not too crowdy, which I'm afraid is a bit too optimistic from me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I wish I leave in Paris ...!!! I had order the book via Bol cant wait to have it!!!

 

Anonymous Helene said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Dear Mr. Schuman:

I just received this morning my copy of the deluxe edition of your book (No. 423 to be precise) and haven't really been able to put it down.

I splurged on the hardcover version because I want it to last for future generations. Like the Seeberger Brothers book you reference in the enclosed note, my wish is that many years from now when my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren take it down from the shelf, they too will get excited about style and be inspired to find their own.

Sincerely,

Helene
The Luxe Chronicles

 

Blogger Mr Brown said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Colette - deff. one Europe's finest. Enjoy.

 

Blogger Marie El. said ... (9:57 AM) : 

well done and Good luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I'll be there !!!!!

 

Blogger Jillian Hobbs said ... (10:01 AM) : 

so very exciting and i agree w/ Pepa well deserved! <3 good luck and congratulations!

 

Blogger Dolphin Lungren said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Congratulations! My wife and I will be in Paris that week as well, maybe we'll stop in!

 

Blogger Stephon said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Ill be there get mine signed !!! hehe !! Cooooool Congratulations to you...

http://fashioneptunes.blogspot.com/

Stef

 

Blogger BirdyNumNum said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Oh my. How exciting. So excited that I'm in full-on gibbering fool mode. Just read that you're going to be signing in the menswear dept of Liberty, London, on the 21st September (the day I was due to leave England for a year in Seville). I had already postponed that due to Garance's exhibition and as though that wasn't reason enough, you're in Laaandan too! And on the same day...Could this be any more exciting? Clap clap clap. Wooop wooop. So excited.(did I say that already?)
Ok, I'm off now to get a grip, and work out what to bloody wear.

Sophia. 36. Addict.

p.s Enjoy Paree. x

 

Anonymous Isabel said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I'll be there!!!!

 

Anonymous Isabel said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I'll be there!!!

 

Anonymous Patrick said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Have a great time Scott. Enjoy every second of your success.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:17 AM) : 

congratulations! I wish I could be there. I LOVE your book and I LOVE Colette. Enjoy! And, of course cannot wait to see who you with your camera see while you're there...

 

Blogger Philippe said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Gratz Scott, and well deserved :)

Philippe
www.punkgeisha.com

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Fantastic! Wish I could be there too! Love Colette. Cannot think of a more appropriate place for your first book signing!

Ciao

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Congratulations Sart! Hope to see you soon in Helsinki! :)

 

Anonymous Sohiny said ... (10:25 AM) : 

it'll be a sellout. people will probably queue up and camp overnight :)

 

Blogger Petitbill said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Extra!!
Bienvenue à Paris!
It's a very famous shop in Paris, j'adore y aller.

 

Blogger Honeybunches of Roses said ... (10:28 AM) : 

congrats! very well deserved :)

 

Blogger Flora Márquez said ... (10:29 AM) : 

OH..I am so far awayy! :(

Wish to be there

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Sart and R.E.A.S both at Colette?
"I die: Bananas"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Please do a signing in London!!!! Its not far! ;-) Love all your work!

 

Blogger MOD PAUL said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Colette is such a great store, and they have a really nice cafe down stairs. You can get everything there from my fave Mr Thom Browne to cool little toys and fun books. Propper!!!

 

Blogger lets play a game like musical statues said ... (10:37 AM) : 

very well done on your achievements. you're so lucky, but you've definitely worked for it.

 

Anonymous Gillian Young said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I might see you there, have been eyeing your book and it sounds like a good enough excuse just to buy it!

 

Blogger taryn said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Congratulations! Great feat! You are a constant inspiration!

I will most likely be in London to see you at the ever fabulous Liberty!

xx

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (10:45 AM) : 

oh, i wish i was there... i'll forward this to my parisian friends... best of luck :)

 

Blogger Iza said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Congratulations :)

 

Blogger laura said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I will be in Paris by the 11th! Will you be coming back??

 

Blogger Manuel said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Congratulations Scott. I wish the best.
regards from Spain

 

Anonymous Brice le Franc said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Génial, j'y cours (juste le Palais Royal à traverser en courant). Puis thé à la terrasse du Nemours, l'album sur les genoux !

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Congratulations on the publication of your book and best wishes for a successful book tour!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Congtrats on the window display. I'm sure you're going to enjoy yourself at the signing.

 

Anonymous garciamadrid said ... (11:15 AM) : 

congratulations!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Oh, congratulations!!

I hope you have a wonderful time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

i wish i could be there u are a tremedous inspiration to me and all across the globe u r marvelous sir...!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

How wonderful! Congratulations.

Thank you for the advice: "It goes to show that you should never give up the dream, but also don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie." Even though I am not entering the fashion world, I am just starting out, and I this is the best advice I've received.

 

Blogger Ben said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Is that Darth Vader on the left?

 

Blogger L.Holm said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing some of your influences.

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (11:46 AM) : 

How exciting for you - congratulations!
Will there be a book signing in New York in the near future?

 

Blogger Lauren Carter said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Congrats! You deserve it, and thank you for sharing your wisdom about keeping an open mind about where your path leads you.

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Paris...How wonderful I'm very happy for you...CONGRATS!!! I'm going to our Borders and B&Noble in OKC Sat. to see if I can score a copy! Can't wait...

 

Blogger diane said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Congratulations! Just goes to show what you can do. :)

 

Blogger chula said ... (12:19 PM) : 

.. this book will be just the fisrt one of many... congartulations you are a example for many people, no just in the fashion .. I hope other people in architecture , painting, cinema has the sam fresh idea as you had.
diego
www.chula.es

 

Blogger BlumeBloom said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Congratulations. How exciting!

 

Anonymous befashionlike said ... (12:40 PM) : 

hi i from PARIS i will try to meet a colette store
my fashion blog http://www.befashionlike.com

 

Anonymous Charmaine Lake said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Congrats! Enjoy your book signing! Wish I could be there! *smooches*

 

Anonymous The Light in the Attic said ... (12:51 PM) : 

So close in Marseille but yet so far!

Lots of love from a Sartorial Au Pair in France!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I received my copy of your book in the mail yesterday! I am so happy for you! The book is beautiful and it feels creative. I was flipping through the pages and felt like it was a book of recipes.

Thank you for all you do to share the creativity and beauty everyone possesses.

 

Anonymous Claire said ... (12:57 PM) : 

You absolutely deserve the recognition and Colette couldn't be a better place to start. Excited to see in the comments you'll be in London too. I'll definitely be bringing my copy to Liberty for you to sign. Now if only I can get my hands on one of Garance's T shirts from around the corner as well, I'll be set.

I love what you mention in the book, such as not looking at an outfit as thumbs up or down, but at the details you can take inspiration from.

Enjoy your time off, if anyone deserves a few days off it's you (though I bet you take some fab pictures over the weekend anyway)

 

Blogger Kat said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Congratulations to you! Wish I could be in Paris and have you sign my copy.

 

Blogger Patrulla said ... (1:01 PM) : 

¡Felicidades, guapo!

 

Anonymous manja said ... (1:03 PM) : 

congrats... xx manja from Singapore

 

Blogger Kelley Anne said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Congratulations. I just purchased your book today and had to go to several stores as it was sold out. It is simply wonderful!

 

Blogger JT said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Congrats
www.MADamal.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:22 PM) : 

CONGRATULATIONS YOU DESERVE IT !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Hey Scott....CONGRATS! to you sir!

Love your words of wisdom too....well said ..so thank U!

Pickin my copy up this evening.

So question: what is the BESPOKE EDITIO?....what's the difference?

Thanks,
From,
JUST AN OBSERVATION.

 

Blogger libelulaseneldesierto said ... (1:37 PM) : 

congratulations!

 

Blogger libelulaseneldesierto said ... (1:38 PM) : 

congratulations!

 

Blogger C. said ... (1:53 PM) : 

I'll try to be there, but timing is not great for me...
Though we might see each other in Milano as I am moving there ahah

 

Blogger Nabil said ... (2:11 PM) : 

I'll Be There! A samedi! ;)

 

Anonymous TheGuitarPlayer said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Interesting :D

 

Anonymous French Kid said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I'll be there and very happy to see you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Fantastic!!
I am in Paris too!!!

 

Anonymous SBMD said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Congrats Scott! I would love to be in Paris for your book signing yet plan to pick it up this weekend in Seattle.

Stephanie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Oh how sad I am not to be in Paris this weekend! Have a wonderful day everyone who is lucky enough to be there!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:37 PM) : 

wow, damn, i'm from Poland, so now i can't be there, but for sure- congratulations ! i hope i could buy your book soon !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:51 PM) : 

congratulations!

SEE YOU AT COLETTE!!

- Alexxander.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (3:04 PM) : 

It's never too late to be who it is you've always wanted to be.

Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Love it. I wish I could be there. :>

 

Blogger Tristan said ... (3:37 PM) : 

I might have to make the trip in from London!

Tristan

 

Blogger ultimate fashion junkie. said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Congrats!!

the diary of a fashion junkie.

 

Blogger Solomon Animashaun said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Well done Scott.....I have followed your blog from the very start and am pleased for you!

Rgds,

Sol.

 

Blogger !Tb0n3! said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Are you having one in Boston??

 

Anonymous Blink London said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I'm arriving in Paris on Monday. I hope there are some signed copies left! Good luck. Sure it will be a superbly stylish event.

 

Blogger Anita Puksic said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Congrats!
There are many fashion designers in the world, but you - Scott, The Sartorialist - you are the only one!

Peace and love!

 

Blogger hayleysherie said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Oh have so much fun! Colette is my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to go downstairs and eat a cupcake when you get a little break! Congrats!

 

Blogger Annie said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Somebody as cool and innovative as you deserves to be put on display at such a cool and innovative store! I wish I could be there!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:34 PM) : 

congrats. i hope we'll have it in london soon. otherwise i'll buy it next time i go to paris.

 

Blogger lovintrash said ... (4:45 PM) : 

I am in an a bit confused time of my life, as you say the dreams and what indeed one can do they are different things, your words have helped me a bit, thank you
Your work inspires me
A lot of luck...

lo.

www.lovintrash.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Yay!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Wish I could be there. One of my favorite stores in my favorite city!

 

Anonymous Brooke, Manitoba CANADA said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Hi, I just found your blog - so great to capture real life! Its so neat to see real people around the world - gives a new perspective to your own life and what you're doing in your little corner of the world. I will be returning to see what's new!
thanks :)

 

Anonymous Carlos said ... (5:49 PM) : 

I hope when you come to London wont be after the 23rd of Oct. (I have to go away for two weeks) and that would be disappointing !!!

Colette : The best in Paris
Dover Street Market: London ! where else?

Hope to see u soon

Congrats again! you really deserve it

 

Blogger Dream Sequins said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Wish I could be there :) Good luck with your first book signing! I'll try to make it to your New York signing!!

 

Anonymous Patricia said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Dear Mr Scott,

I've received THE book today, from France (Amazon) to Spain! I got so excited that I almost forgot that today was my "back-to-work-from-holiday" day :).

Thank you for your work, for your art. I promise I will enjoy the book a lot, and I wish you do the same at Colette!

Kind regards and all the best from Galicia (in Spain). Love,

Patricia

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to a fellow designer, Best Wishes
Torie Jayne

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

You deserve all the success in the world. M cheers

 

Blogger Airton Spengler said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Congratulations, parabens, Tu mereces... You deserve all this compliments. Iam so gald to be your flolower.
airtonspengler.blogspot.com

from Brazil

 

Blogger SGM said ... (7:38 PM) : 

félicitations, what better place to kick off!?!

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Congratulations! How I wish I could be there...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Enjoy the moment.

 

Blogger Peter Breese said ... (8:07 PM) : 

It is a wonderful book -- I have it on my desk most days. Any chance you'll swing through Detroit or Chicago?

 

Blogger Haley said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I would LOVE to go, but unfortunately I live in Los Angeles... I hope that you will come here!

 

Blogger Margaret Everton said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Just checked you out in the recent British Vogue. Congratulations on everything. You're untouchable, Scott.

http://www.bonbonliving.com

 

Blogger Papaver Vert said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Many congrats to you!! Your blog rocks (read it daily) and I can only imagine your book does too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Congratualtions! Enjoy your time in Paris!
I'm excited to purchase your book. I love photos and books and can't resist buying another book by someone i admire that has both inside. I wanted to reccommend the song Emipre State of Mind sung by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. I like listening to music while i peruse your webiste. This song accompanies your images well. Hope you like it and i'd love to hear your opinion.

Michele
mhunt@rollins.edu

 

Blogger M said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Congratulations! Colette... that is really cool. :)

 

Blogger Alexandre Rizos said ... (8:50 PM) : 

I wish I'd be there! Too bad I'm in New York...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Just bought your book, its beautiful and an inspiration.
Thanks. AEM

 

Anonymous Emma said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Hello! I have been following your blog for awhile now, but this is the first time I have left a comment. I love your work. I also love your insight on fashion, your photo subjects, and most recently, your book. I am inspired by what you said, "you should never give up the dream..."

Thank you for the beauty you find in the world, and the beauty you add to it!

Sincerely,

Emma from Chicago

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Congratulations, you deserve it!

And I never wanted so bad to be in Paris :(

All the best

Isabel

 

Blogger JustNorman said ... (10:07 PM) : 

go you for making it big.

http://www.justnorman.blogspot.com/
the blog that no one knows about

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Congrats!! Wish I could be there...

 

Blogger The Sluice Box said ... (11:21 PM) : 

Scott, congratulation! I've followed you since your earliest postings on the Style Forum. I think I've seen, and enjoyed, everything you've posted since that time

Aaron
http://thesluicebox.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Manar said ... (11:40 PM) : 

Congratulations! You really do deserve it, you're a fantastic artist. I can't wait to get my hands on your book. I know I'll be as much impressed and obsessed with, and inspired by, it as I am from your blog.
Please keep doing what you do. Your work puts a smile on my face everytime.

 

Anonymous shoe york city said ... (12:35 AM) : 

That's good advice. I wonder if you read your blog's comments. Your photographs evoke a particular satisfaction in me, and I'm probably not alone here, in that you're capturing a tone, a context, a world even, that many of us witness on city streets every day, but don't quite have the courage (even with all of our little devices) to confront and document.

 

Blogger *STYLEBOOM* said ... (3:12 AM) : 

congrats! you deserve the best of all. we are expecting you to come to Istanbul also, expecting for yeaaaaars:)may be to sign this precious book you pop up here too.

 

Anonymous Lamirose said ... (4:00 AM) : 

I will be there !! I'm so happy

 

Anonymous Chiara said ... (4:08 AM) : 

Congrats Scott,
Any book signing planned in Milan yet?

I hope so.

 

Blogger thesil said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Congratulations! you deserve this success!

I have already your book in my house, in Spain, and I´m having a good time looking at it!

xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 AM) : 

I'm from Italy, congratulations! You're an artist.
Elena

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 AM) : 

Congrats'!
I'm so happy for you!
but I'm so disapointed, I won't be in Paris before 2 weeks... rahhhh

Enjoy this moment, you deserve it!

 

Blogger carly k said ... (5:12 AM) : 

When will you be in NY? Do you have a calendar that shows the dates you will be doing signings?

 

Blogger Diana said ... (5:29 AM) : 

Dear Mr S!
Congratulation! Oh, if i could be there!
But I am sure, Tracy will take pics about the ENDLESS crowd and about the proud author, for us.

I haven´t ordered the book,yet, I start to panic!!!!

Greatings from Austria!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Congratulations!!! Wish I could get mine signed. It arrived from the UK yesterday yay!!!

 

Blogger Feminine Touch said ... (6:24 AM) : 

COMPLIMENTS!!!
A good reason to visit Paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Félicitations, ce sera superbe et bien mérité! How will YOU be dressed? I live 3.5 h away by TGV (in Geneva), otherwise I would be there too!aliki

 

Anonymous Iris said ... (6:42 AM) : 

Félicitations !!!
I'm not in Paris at the moment but I've already planned to buy your book on Colette's web site. Love your pictures.
Have fun in Paris !

Iris

 

Anonymous liath said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Ahhh I'll just miss you! I'm arriving in Paris on Monday night ...no signed copy for me *sniff*

Have a great signing day!

 

Blogger Lux said ... (7:45 AM) : 

hey
today i read about you and your book in a dutch newspaper called 'de Volkskrant', and they were really enthusiastic.
have fun signing at colette
x

 

Blogger Simo said ... (8:39 AM) : 

What about sining in Amsterdam??
It will be cool to meet you Scott

 

Blogger Miss Glenn said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Nice Blog..hey check out mines www.fetish-badboy.blogspot.com..and if you like it follow me...thanks

 

Blogger kbd said ... (9:19 AM) : 

hi Scott
I bought your softcover version yesterday... its lovely! Thank you for putting a book together. The size is perfect, as you said. No doubt it will sit on top of my other design and fashion books and be read very, very often. So inspiring, thank you!

 

Blogger Anne said ... (9:29 AM) : 

"It goes to show that you should never give up the dream, but also don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie." --good wisdom, Scott.

 

Blogger Jamie Jonathan Ball said ... (9:30 AM) : 

great news wish i could make it! enjoi the weekend

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Big fan of yours photos, i hope to see you later

 

Anonymous Linn Emilie said ... (10:17 AM) : 

wish I could go there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Congratulations. You're fairly much illustrating what I have believed in all my life.

There are those whom invest much time and effort following the academic training and theory supposed to underpin their chosen field and never achieve much due perhaps to a lack of real passion in their discipline or simple exhaustion following academia .

Then there are those who have a passion for something and regardless of academic training and qualifications launch themselves into their subject and succeed. This, much to the dismay and envy of those that have spent decades training and studying outdated and outmoded processes taught by those that never succeeded in the first place. It's a veritable Descent into the Maelstrom.

It's the same around the world. We should all follow Nike's advice before it's too late and remorse sets in. You're a wake up call to us all and I am man enough to admit it. So I still win.

Well done, Scott.

-Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

hahahaha, you're going to have to alter your travel plans, Scott. Carlos 5:49PM won't be in London after the 23rd of October.

LOL

-Pietro

 

Blogger HAIKALcium Lowfat said ... (10:46 AM) : 

would love to own the book, wonder when it will reach borders malaysia..

anyway, just fell head over heels in love with this one picture by scott on his "The Sartorialist's Greatest Hits: Spring 2010" list and i have trying (so hard, u have no idea how hard it is, really) to trace back when the picture was posted here on this blog.

http://men.style.com/theupgrader/style/features/sartorialist_greatest_hits/slideshow/062909SART?loop=0&slideshowId=slideshow59240&iphoto=9&nphoto=26&play=false&cnt=1

it reminds me of alexis mabille's lace shirt that i adore so feaking much! :-)

i would really love to read the comments and it would be really nice to see the picture in larger size.

if anyone has any idea when the picture was posted, could please kindly post the link here? ..*thanks in advance

 

Anonymous Ioana said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I totally admire your work and inner expression of beauty and fashion. Since I won't be able to be there- I'm far away, in Romania- I hope that you will consider selling the book online.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

all my best! it's a pity I am not in Paris this weekend, looking forward to your book. You should know that we are quite a few fans of yours here in Bangkok who follows your daily adventures out there in the streets.

Cheers from www.camilladavidsson.com/lifestyle

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Hi, I am Tommy, your blog reader from Hong Kong! Just say Congraulation to you! Will the book be sold in Hong Kong? It is the must-buy item!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

congrats!

what a pity i am thousands of miles away! or i'd be there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Congrats!! I love your photos.

I hope your book comes to Singapore too. Would love to have one. =) and perhaps you can come to Singapore for book signing too!

 

Blogger Naruto said ... (11:54 AM) : 

congratulations!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:42 PM) : 

I would give anything to be there - all the way from South Africa, have a fabulous day. cherish it. bisous bisous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I appreciate more than you know your posting today. My husband and I moved to NYC 14 months ago, and I am re-wetting my working feet in the fashion industry. As I polish up my portfolio and resume, take some classes and gain work experience, I've had some amazing highs and discouraging lows. The voice that tells me I'm too old (36!) or too busy (3 kids!) to reinvent myself I am trying very hard to ignore. So 'you should never give up the dream, but also don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie.' meant a lot. THANK YOU.

 

Blogger Sonia Levesque said ... (1:11 PM) : 

MERVEILLEUX!!

Very happy for you.

 

Blogger Ivana said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I wish all the best!!
te lo mereces!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Congratulations!! Wish I could be there for your book signing but I live all the way in Boston, Massachusetts! :(

My boyfriend got me a copy of your new book and I love flipping through it every night before bed. Thank you for your photos and your inspiration!

 

Blogger Lakeshore Chatelaine said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Congratulations. Your site has given me much pleasure and revived my love of beautiful clothing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Dear Scott,
I follow your blog on a daily basis since more than one year. Though, I never left a comment, nor I read the others because I love to let your shots speak for themselves and inspire me without any influence.
This time I’ll make an exception because I’d like to thank you.
I got your book delivered today and can’t stop flipping over it. It’s so inspiring!
I already knew most of the photos but I’ve looked at each shot at least twice and each time I discover new details I didn’t notice the previous time.
Checking your blog is always a pleasure, but having your photos all together in a pocket size is even better! The greatest gift you could give us. I only wish I was in Paris this weekend to get my copy signed.
Congratulations for this challenge and, again, thank you very much.

Orsola

 

Blogger Style, She Wrote said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Sadly, we will not be in Paris this weekend! Congratulations on your achievement!

-LC/www.styleshewrote.com

 

Anonymous Carole said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Fantastic ! I love your book especially you were right about the size which is great easy and unpretentious (a superb quality)I really also love the book Camera works, in that kind of size. So inspiring! Keep enchanting us please :)

http://ny-etc.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Louis Halpern said ... (3:00 PM) : 

good luck with it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I love your blog so much.... It is incredibly inspiring! And since recently when I found it, it has been a breath of fresh air to me). Would love to get your book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Hope to C U in the
big D (aka Dallas)

7pm TUES Oct 20....got it!

Thanks again ...lovin the book...destined to be a permanent addition to my collection of fashion library.

Regards,
JUST AN OBSERVATION

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:21 PM) : 

congratulations!!! the book is amazing!!! i just arrived from amazon!! loving it!!!
kisses

 

Blogger La chica said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Felicidades!!

 

Blogger dy of ghost said ... (5:48 PM) : 

i was just looking at your lovely book today. i hope you will do a signing in nyc!

 

Blogger Tete said ... (7:25 PM) : 

I love your blog!!!
Congrats...

 

Anonymous StreetstyleNews said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Congratulations on your book Scott!

To all of you, who are lucky enough to be there tomorrow: Enjoy!

http://follow.StreetstyleNews.com

 

Blogger Renee said ... (9:52 PM) : 

congratulations on your book! i can't wait to get a copy! garance wrote a lovely post about you today :)

www.eatliveshop.com

 

Blogger Bru Marx said ... (11:27 PM) : 

wow,congratulations,have fun.xoxox.

 

Blogger juju ariel said ... (11:44 PM) : 

Congratulations and good luck! wish i could be there... always, in paris!

your blog saves my life every day, here in cairo, egypt, where fashion goes to die! look forward to more photos, and wishing you all successes.
-justine

 

Blogger rachel oh! said ... (2:45 AM) : 

congrats! couldn't be happier for you!
now get back here and cover fashion week!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

congratulations!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:57 AM) : 

"don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie." Truer words have never been written. I live my life by this lately, after years of trying to be something that the universe fought me on, i have realised that my talent is in doing what i have been doing for the past 12 months, and you are a major influence on this. And so i congratulate you on your success and your dream come true. it is wonderful and truly deserved. Hx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

Congratulations ! I hope to see you soon signing your book in Buenos Aires!

 

Anonymous Antonio Barros said ... (6:41 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!

I will be there!!!

thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Fashion is Salt said ... (7:22 AM) : 

I already bought it and am reading it and i like it!

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Congratulations ! You deserve everything!

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Why am I not in Paris now !! (sob sob) !!
Wishing you all the best w/ the book !
Do you Twitter by any chance ??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

i live in NY but was in Paris last week and saw this display and felt proud for you. Just off with the timing

 

Anonymous Pauline said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I just come back from Colette and it was really nice to meet you and Garance.
Congratulations on the book and thank you for so much inspiration!

 

Anonymous Eva said ... (12:17 PM) : 

One of my greatest buys ever! I preordered it throgh amazon and it came yesterday. I must say that even though I have followed your blog for over a year and have looked back through the achives more than once. The way these styles/people just keep seeming so fresh and I love the way the look side by side - the order they come in. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

i love this blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

congratulation, you totally deserve this! Since i'm in argentina i won't be at colette this saturday...however, my best wishes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Been there!! it was great!! thanks for this amazing book!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

YES I DO.

http:raia.mx

 

Anonymous no&me said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Thank you so much Scott for your dedication "after the show", in the street. It was adorable !
Your work is amazing, and congrats for THE BOOK which is really perfect !

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Almost first in line, but first on blog :) This is always a pleasure to meet such inspiring people in Paris, and this book signing at Colette was so awesome. I get back home with a nice photo and an amazing signed book !We ll try to catch you one more time, I guess in the Jardin des Tuileries :)

 

Blogger Nina Litch said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Oh my God! I am soo happy for you! that is amazing! I wish they do one in London!! In Dover Street market or smth...

Can't wait to see you in London. You are a wonderful artist and deserve every bit of this success!!
Congratulations
x N

http://nina-crazygirllostinlondon.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger skadiida said ... (3:01 PM) : 

congratulation :)

 

Blogger alexiszambrano said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Congratulations!
will there be a NY book signing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

I'm just living in Paris and didn't have an internet connection yet, so I didn't check your blog for a couple of days, and thus missed it by a couple of hours! Darn!
I will check out the display tomorrow though!

 

Anonymous Antonio Barros said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I was there!!! It was so full!
I did your pictures and published at WireImage and Getty.. and I also did one Polaroid for my blog! :)

thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Romi said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Congratualtions!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Congratulations Scott!
Bravo!

 

Blogger paristempslibre said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I was extremely happy to meet you! i really loved Garance 's and your simplicity, elegance, beauty...
We love your book and wish you all the best.
(as soon as i bought the book, i flipped through it looking for garance! she is so beautiful).

 

Anonymous Sonia De Mello said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I can't wait to get my hands on your book, and you are so right at never giving up a dream...it does happen.
Congratulations on your new book!

 

Anonymous Karl Hab said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Hey Scott thanks for this fabulous afternoon , some pics here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karl_hab

Thanks

 

Blogger Alecia Stevens said ... (11:19 PM) : 

And where may we buy the book????? Can't wait to get my hands on it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

CONRATS!

Your book is so completely inspiring. I look at it practically everyday and keep finding things I haven't noticed before. I hope you will be doing a book signing in Los Angeles. I will camp out for it!

Bon chance en Paris!

 

Blogger Alejandra Lance said ... (12:24 AM) : 

dear scott,
even though i am unemployed and have very little money, i had to go out and buy your book today. i spent all afternoon looking carefully through it. after following your blog for two years, it was like looking at your photos for the first time. Even pictures i've seen on the blog before look so different in print, and even the details come alive in different ways. maybe more than fashion, i'm interested in people and i make up the lives of each person in my head. i love it and it was well worth my hard earned, meager savings. thank you.

 

Blogger geegee said ... (1:26 AM) : 

So jealous, wish I could be there!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (2:32 AM) : 

Congratulations!!!

I follow your blog religiously and I bet the book is two times better.
Wish I could go to that book singing...but from my country to Paris it's a LOOOONG TRIP.

Anyways...congrats on the book. "Anyone who's anyone has a book"!

 

Blogger C. said ... (3:15 AM) : 

How was the signing?

I didn't make it...ahhhh

 

Blogger Wonderwall said ... (6:16 AM) : 

' you should never give up the dream, but also don't be so narrow in your vision as not to see where your real talents lie.'
That line is so perfect. Congratulations!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 AM) : 

congratulations!

a dreamer that makes dreams come true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Scott, did I miss it or have you already posted a photo of your book jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I love your new book! I'm planning on marking all the looks I love to use for my own everyday inspiration!

 

Blogger Lula said ... (2:39 PM) : 

It's amazing! Congrats.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting